Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    The first poster replies somewhat rudely. Instead of taking it maturely, you respond by calling him a dick, asshole, shithead, and an idiot. You DID sound bitter, just pointing out an observation.

My posts weren't meant to be aggressive at all, apparently telling you to "not bother" because I didn't want you to waste time is being aggressive. You're welcome for the advice, by the way. Also, Bot games are a waste of time. You don't learn anything valuable past lvl 5.
    I don't talk maturely to dicks, asshole, shitheads and idiots. Apparently, that guy was all in one. So I couldn't resist.

You told me to "not bother" after you said "someone sounds bitter". Someone was being rude to me and then someone else sort of supports that guy. So you can see why I got pissed.

Thanks for the advice on bots. The problem is, I find them difficult to kill sometimes, so I don't think I am ready to PvP yet. When I play as Varus, I get raped badly my most melee and mages. As Kogmaw, it's a bit better. I can actually hold or push well with him. Morgana and Lux are much easier for me to play. Avinia was very difficult and so was Riven.

I played a couple of PvP at around level 6 or 7. My team lost badly and I was pretty much for the blame as I died a lot as Varus, even when I was being careful. They just had a way to block me out completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    I don't talk maturely to dicks, asshole, shitheads and idiots. Apparently, that guy was all in one. So I couldn't resist.

You told me to "not bother" after you said "someone sounds bitter". Someone was being rude to me and then someone else sort of supports that guy. So you can see why I got pissed.

Thanks for the advice on bots. The problem is, I find them difficult to kill sometimes, so I don't think I am ready to PvP yet. When I play as Varus, I get raped badly my most melee and mages. As Kogmaw, it's a bit better. I can actually hold or push well with him. Morgana and Lux are much easier for me to play. Avinia was very difficult and so was Riven.

I played a couple of PvP at around level 6 or 7. My team lost badly and I was pretty much for the blame as I died a lot as Varus, even when I was being careful. They just had a way to block me out completely.
    Bot's can be more difficult and easier than Humans. Difficult in the sense they have perfect rotations and will make decisions on the spot with faster reaction speed than humans. Even before the bot buff Annie bot was pretty good at insta-gibbing people. They gain a set amount of EXP & Gold also, so no matter how well you do they always are similar (I think). Easy in the sense they are still machines and easy to exploit/predict.

Unless you plan to only play bots for the rest of LoL though, there is no point in playing. Playing against bots won't teach you how to gain lane dominance, how to win trades, how to CS while avoiding harass, how to look out for ganks/junglers, map awareness, etc....The sooner you start playing against Humans, the sooner you learn. The ignore button is there for a reason also. Lower levels are filled with assholes on smurfs.

Deleted
    Thanks for the advice
    I guess i'll be getting Anivia when ive got the points for it then, she is really fun after all. Just need to get used to her slower-than-swain projectile speed when i last hit stuff >.<

I'll start building my AP page once i get her (yeah i know, i should probably get the runes before i get a lot more champs, but thats just how i am :P).
    I'll probably keep my resilience and shielding seals/glyphs for the moment as they work well with most things, but my AD marks and quints would need a change.
    What would be best overall for APs? Pure AP or Magic Penetration?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    Thanks for the advice
    I guess i'll be getting Anivia when ive got the points for it then, she is really fun after all. Just need to get used to her slower-than-swain projectile speed when i last hit stuff >.<

I'll start building my AP page once i get her (yeah i know, i should probably get the runes before i get a lot more champs, but thats just how i am :P).
    I'll probably keep my resilience and shielding seals/glyphs for the moment as they work well with most things, but my AD marks and quints would need a change.
    What would be best overall for APs? Pure AP or Magic Penetration?
    MP Marks
    Flat mp5 Seals
    Scaling AP or MR Glyphs
    Flat AP quints

You can't go too far wrong using that for every AP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomcats View Post
    Getting a little tired of the same comps (Nunu/Kog, Blitz/Graves, Corki/Leona, Ashe/Naut or Raka, Vayne/Taric) does anyone play an unconventional support or have any ideas on how to switch it up? I've been thinking Darius support after watching a couple of streams with him and Graves bot destroying kids early.
    Fiddlesticks support. Morgana support (good luck getting that one though). Gangplank support. LeBlanc support. Poppy support. Alistar support. Jarvan + Leona kill lane. Pantheon + Sion bot lane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Mate, can you put down the facts concerning why garen solo top sucks? Would really like to know. Please.
    Oh I don't know, getting countered by nearly every other popular solo top pick? Hell if you're a fan of tier lists, he's even the worst Bruiser ... in Tier 4.

As to Led++: there's only one thing keeping you down. You.
    So wait, if I join a ranked game 3 times in a day, and in 2 of them someone leaves from the BEGINNING of the game, it's me keeping myself down? If I get a team of people who constantly chase in unwarded bushes just to die, it's me keeping me down? If a premade of 2 people claim roles in champ select only to go 0/8 in 12 Minutes, it's me keeping me down? If I'm the only 1 actually having a positive score or CS above 100 after half an hour, it's me keeping me down?

Don't be afraid, I never dodge ranked games, if my team is so retarded to the point that I'm laughing at my pc, I just refuse to surrender to see what else they're going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Fiddlesticks support. Morgana support (good luck getting that one though). Gangplank support. LeBlanc support. Poppy support. Alistar support. Jarvan + Leona kill lane. Pantheon + Sion bot lane.
    I've faced a Shen + Graves lane that was completely ridiculous too, couldn't get close to them without getting taunted by Shen and then hammered by Graves. Would probably works with Shen + any AD carry.

Oh, and I love how it works with ranked... Your team goes complete retard, and it's apparently your own fault for keeping yourself down.

I thought LoL was a team game.

It appears I am the type of person that buys an influence point boost for my wins and then goes on a losing streak. Wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Bot's can be more difficult and easier than Humans. Difficult in the sense they have perfect rotations and will make decisions on the spot with faster reaction speed than humans. Even before the bot buff Annie bot was pretty good at insta-gibbing people. They gain a set amount of EXP & Gold also, so no matter how well you do they always are similar (I think). Easy in the sense they are still machines and easy to exploit/predict.

Unless you plan to only play bots for the rest of LoL though, there is no point in playing. Playing against bots won't teach you how to gain lane dominance, how to win trades, how to CS while avoiding harass, how to look out for ganks/junglers, map awareness, etc....The sooner you start playing against Humans, the sooner you learn. The ignore button is there for a reason also. Lower levels are filled with assholes on smurfs.
    Cheers for the tips. Gonna try some PvP with my friends and see how it goes., gonna do some random grouping too.

One of the main problems with me is NONE of my friends play games and surely not on a competitive level. I play with people I made friends in WoW. Now they are real friends but the problem is I live in a different time zone to them. I am in Asia while most of them are in Europe. Then there is life, GF, etc.

For me to go competitive PvP (which I really want too), I have to overcome some serious hurdles.

Gonna try Kogmaw and Sokara.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Deleted

Clearly I'm holding myself down. Now that out of 5 people the only 1 who had a clue for the entire game was my lane partner is just pure coincidence I suppose. We dominated early and mid to the point they started flaming each other like madness telling us to report basically everyone. My team for some reason stops farming at all. I mean, Darius, 8.8k? Less then me, a support? After 38 minutes? I'm higher level then him and Olaf? Olaf who only has ghostblade and frozen mallet? After 38 minutes? After getting every dragon early and mid game? Vayne getting fed, hell even Leona getting fed while me and Graves shut them down COMPLETELY during early game.

Clearly I should have played better so we would win. This example isn't even the worst, by far. Hell it's a miracle 2 of my team didn't leave after a minute or 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Swifty: Elo is personal points, not team points. Your team (eventually) has nothing to do with your score.

Led: you make a few key mistakes.
    1) You think you should (be able to) win every game. You don't and you won't.
    2) You think the games with retards are what's costing your elo. They don't matter. It's the close games that you lost that matter.
    3) You play a real support. Much as I laud you for that, there's no way to fix the game if it goes bork-side up.

Why are all the Gragas-es I see in games awful? I mean, he was better than that Darius, but still. Q_Q

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Swifty: Elo is personal points, not team points. Your team (eventually) has nothing to do with your score.
    You still lose points for losing games, don't you? And unless you're so good, you can single-handedly win ranked games, teams full of idiots are gonna drag your ELO down. Unless I don't understand how it works.

Which might be the case, mind you. I'm not very experienced with ranked yet.
    Last edited by NotValidAnymore; 2012-05-30 at 05:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Barrels can win or lose a game.

As to Elo:
    There will be games where you get carried hard by team mates. There will be games where you get dragged down hard by team mates. Pretty much no one will be able to actively turn around that latter category, unless you're a Platinum player.

That leaves the games which are fairly even. These are the ones that make the real difference. These are the ones where you can show what you're worth and up your Elo. If you're good in these games, you will go up. If you suck in these games and just keep losing those close matches... it's you. And that's where you belong.

Keep in mind, at your true Elo, you will have a 50/50 win rate, as you will be playing against people equally skilled as you. Those horrible games with AP Ashe, AP Yi and AFK Revive / Promote Viktor? Just shrug them off and focus on the games that you -can- win.

Oh, I get what you mean then. And in that case, you are completely right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought Rumble since he is on sale. LOLOMGWTGDAIRYQUEENBBtheQ!!!! He is SO much fun. I love his heat management, and spamming spells to keep it up since he has no mana makes me a happy top laner. I must learn his ult though. I barely used it. First time I did I got lucky and went right where they were running and we got the kill. Second time I sent it straight into the trees. I stopped using it after that.

Duilliath hit the nail on the head there.

There is just going to be games where three kids think that Riven top is all they can play, and you are screwed.

Then there are games where everyone fits in perfectly, and I will play any role they ask.

My only advice for those in the 1000-1250 ELO bracket; I just brought my 2nd account up past that range. Play a highly mobile, lane pushing mid. Know your limits, but play aggressive within those limits. If you can establish a FB, or a farm advantage over a lane- push yours and gank. If you happen to get 1-3 kills within the first 20-25 minutes, you can carry that game.

Deleted
    Played Galio for the first time ever in a ranked game. I had no idea what I was doing but I carried the game, ending with 7-1-15. I queued up for a second game, it was completely identical to the first and I ended it with 8-0-14, getting complimented as a "pro Galio".

As great as it felt carrying those games without any experience of the champion, for some reason it felt like I was cheating. His damage, his tankyness, his ult... Why isn't he picked more often? I very rarely see him.

Deleted
    I have a question about late game Fizz. I have played around 30 games on him recently and play a strong early/mid game but in the very late game I am a bit stuck with his role in team fights. If you Q in, you can E out and it is absolutely fine but if you use E to do damage, you are stuck in a team fight without any kind of damage and that is a bad idea without a Zhonyas. Is his role literally just to ulti a squishy and global them, then escape?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post
    Played Galio for the first time ever in a ranked game. I had no idea what I was doing but I carried the game, ending with 7-1-15. I queued up for a second game, it was completely identical to the first and I ended it with 8-0-14, getting complimented as a "pro Galio".

As great as it felt carrying those games without any experience of the champion, for some reason it felt like I was cheating. His damage, his tankyness, his ult... Why isn't he picked more often? I very rarely see him.
    Don't know why he isn't picked more often. Probably because people see him as only an AP counter. With a randuins and FH AD carries will barely scratch you when you ult them. I really like him and I actually play him AP mid more often than most "traditional" AP Carries. I even bought the legendary skin. He is that awesome and most definitely worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quosk1867 View Post
    I have a question about late game Fizz. I have played around 30 games on him recently and play a strong early/mid game but in the very late game I am a bit stuck with his role in team fights. If you Q in, you can E out and it is absolutely fine but if you use E to do damage, you are stuck in a team fight without any kind of damage and that is a bad idea without a Zhonyas. Is his role literally just to ulti a squishy and global them, then escape?
    Fizz is a great engager if you can do a proper ult on the enemy team. When the fight breaks out, your job is to burst down their AD carry first preferably. Going RQW, timing E for any of their CC/other abilities you want to avoid, you should be able to kill their carriers within seconds