10+ Year Old Account
    Wow the mlg final is looking good for solomid atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    The most recent nerf Irelia received was a healing nerf from her W passive and an increase to her R cooldown, but the last change she received was a buff to her base stats.

And oddly enough, despite the amount of nerfs Irelia received to warrant the "Better nerf Irelia" meme, there are other champions that had it even worse. At least Irelia received several buffs to counteract somewhat the nerfs, there are other champs (one example being Nocturne) that received only nerfs and no buffs at all. And let's not forget the champions that have hit rock bottom in the nerf department. *cough* Eve *cough*, in which it's getting close to the anniversary of her being nerfed To The Ground.
    The origin of that meme came from a patch preview where basically phreak went "We find the current jungle a bit too powerful, so we decided to nerf Irelia's sustain"
    And that's why people kept going, like "oh no, kog is owning, better nerf Irelia" not because her nerfs were actually so bad. She is still a really strong pick, especially again after that recent base stat buff.
    I do know the vayne nerf back in the day was really needed, and The Orianna nerf was needed, but they overshot it. I think the problem with balance around Orianna is to find balance with her unique mechanic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleBobApple View Post
    Wow the mlg final is looking good for solomid atm.
    Yeah completely owned the crap out of CLG right there.

About the streams :/ I wish they would somehow have the tournament matches available on the LoL spectator mode, even as replays. I would love to watch the games, but alas my connection doesn't like streams and I have no other way to watch it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elial View Post
    About the streams :/ I wish they would somehow have the tournament matches available on the LoL spectator mode, even as replays. I would love to watch the games, but alas my connection doesn't like streams and I have no other way to watch it
    Lol this would be sick. D:

Me too! Sometimes the commentators on the streams miss entire fights. Spectator mode WITH commentary would be awesome.

I do know the vayne nerf back in the day was really needed, and The Orianna nerf was needed, but they overshot it. I think the problem with balance around Orianna is to find balance with her unique mechanic.
    It actually seems like most PvP-games or PvP-sections of games are hard to balance. The only game I've seen that balances things at least weekly, is Rift. Though it's been a while since I played it, the pace of their fixes was admirable, and I wish other games would follow it.

(I know Rift is an MMO, but that's kinda the point; it's got both PvE and PvP. LoL only has PvP to worry about.)

10+ Year Old Account
    This, one million times. My home internet HATES streams, so even if I could just watch as a spectator without commentary I would be happy. They already have the featured games system in place, now expand on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    And CLG has won the second round, YAY.

Deleted
    Oh god

How did Ezreal carry

I hate everything

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on just need to win CLG.
    Last edited by AppleBobApple; 2012-06-11 at 02:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gogo TSM! That last match, from the bits I saw was brutal.

Still loving Kennen top lane. Finally faced a Darius and it was the most fun I've had in a while. Dashing in, poking with Q and AA, dashing out. His W is such a good spell for free harass. I will never lose my lane to a Darius again unless I'm playing really shitty.

Also, I think I've hit the hidden normal ELO where people jungle, because I haven't seen a duo top since Friday. No guaranteed support, but having a jungler is always a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    It actually seems like most PvP-games or PvP-sections of games are hard to balance. The only game I've seen that balances things at least weekly, is Rift. Though it's been a while since I played it, the pace of their fixes was admirable, and I wish other games would follow it.

(I know Rift is an MMO, but that's kinda the point; it's got both PvE and PvP. LoL only has PvP to worry about.)
    I agree, Pvp is a lot harder to balance, (Will touch on that now) and even LoL has been good with balancing, a large amount of champs are more than viable and they average a two week patch/balance cycle, which isn't 1 week like Rift, but still rather good.
    I can't speak much for rift, but generally the reason why pvp is harder to balance is because it's a human on the otherside, not some scripted creature with known behaviour patterns.
    To give a silly example. If you play Pantheon, A bot would go "Oh hey, he is ad, and armor hard counters him, let my buy some armor" That's about the only course of action Riot would have to consider in the balancing process.. However if it was against another player, he might've thought "oh hey, let me just keep my range, screw armor. I'll be cool if I keep poking him". Now that is already one other factor that they need to consider. During testing and balancing they need to try and isolate each and every situation. And things can get hairy.
    It's a really bad example, but it's late and too tired to think of another one.
    Also in cases like Wow/SWTOR/Rift, in PvE all they need to make sure of is, Do classes scale properly with gear, Do they put out similar levels of damage while staying unique and do they bring similar levels of utility. Where PvP is all of that plus more.
    Balancing is really tough in games, and people who get it even close to right deserve a tip of the hat, this goes to almost all MoBA's/MMO's. Even though the PvE description sounds simple, it really isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    This, one million times. My home internet HATES streams, so even if I could just watch as a spectator without commentary I would be happy. They already have the featured games system in place, now expand on it.
    I agree, also spectating just allows you so much more control than watching a preset video anyway. Also I think a huge reason why it hasn't been implemented yet is because they aren't sure/know that if 4 million people(which is a best case realistic scenario) tune into the same game, bad things will happen. The featured games system is already a huge leap forward, and I hope they expand on it asap! I love me my featured games when I am in the mood for LoL but don't wanna play.

10+ Year Old Account
    And solomid wins the tournament........

Quote Originally Posted by AppleBobApple View Post
    And solomid wins the tournament........
    Boo. I wanted CLG to win.

Unrelated, Darius' ult hits way too damn hard. An ult that does 1k true damage and refreshes on kill? Whoever designed that is a moron. If it was physical damage, I could understand that because it could be mitigated by about 50-60% on most of the team. But doing THAT much true damage is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea but that's his only hard hitting ability late game in team fights so hes useless if he cant keep it off cooldown.

Deleted
    Ffs - can people PLEASE remember to use spoiler tags. Some of us Europeans didn't stay up all night to watch, but it doesn't mean we want it ruined so we can't watch the VODs the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    Boo. I wanted CLG to win.

Unrelated, Darius' ult hits way too damn hard. An ult that does 1k true damage and refreshes on kill? Whoever designed that is a moron. If it was physical damage, I could understand that because it could be mitigated by about 50-60% on most of the team. But doing THAT much true damage is ridiculous.
    Because Riot doesn't care about their game anymore. Their marketing structure is now 100% what the game is based around. You release a hero and make him overpowered to encourage RP sales. Release a few well-constructed Supports here and there (they haven't done this for like 6-7 months, though) and pretend you're not blatantly putting money before game balance.

The last few months have been particularly harsh. Copying Dota has been rampant, Riot has pumped tons of money into competing (and losing) with Valve (to the point they can't even afford to make two new skins per hero anymore lol.) and it's pretty freaking obvious the point of the game is to generate cash and not create an actual game.

Don't forget Morello is an idiot, by the way. They gave Swain buffs he didn't need just because they 'felt he was being underpicked'? That is beyond stupid. That's their only option to promote playing Swain- one of the most broken heros in the game? "Oh hey we didn't think this hero was being played enough so like, here's some buffs he doesn't need lol."

Genius.

Wacky wacky Riot.

Yea but that's his only hard hitting ability late game in team fights so hes useless if he cant keep it off cooldown.
    No it isn't. His Q and W are great. His Q drops off super late game, but the slow from his W and the fact it's a constant scale with his AD and Armor Pen make it viable the whole game. Apprehend is really his only bad ability, because it's slow-acting and incredibly short. You may as well just Q them with Frozen Mallet instead of trying to Apprehend.

Deleted
    I like how your account, with 4 posts, is named Riotgames, and all you do is break them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    I like how your account, with 4 posts, is named Riotgames, and all you do is break them down.
    And the issue is...?