10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    It sorta makes sense since you couldn't walk by some of those areas without getting shot at by the tower, but it does royally screw over new Eve players. Now there is only one place they can gank from without being seen instantly.

Deleted
    New sale:

Champions:

Dr. Mundo
    Kassadin
    Leona

Skins:

Siren Cassiopeia
    Superb Villain Veigar
    Tundra Hunter Warwick

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Is the patch today or later? It says mid-July so I'm curious.

Mord, Ez, Galio free week! Was waiting for all of them.

Will try out Kassadin for real this time. Last time I tried him I had very little idea about the game, melee characters and assassins in general. Want to try out Brand as well, but his "EEEYYAAAHHHHH" is so fucking annoying. Same reason why I tried Swain only once. His "YYYYAARRRRRRHHHHHHHHH" during ulti is one of the most annoying sounds I have heard in a video game.

Soraka free -.-
    I think the patch will be Tuesday or Wednesday or else they'd have to call it the mid-end july patch haha

Quote Originally Posted by _Fire_ View Post
    I think the patch will be Tuesday or Wednesday or else they'd have to call it the mid-end july patch haha
    Really hope so, I can't wait to try out Xin/Eve/Twitch :3

Riot please don't pull a Telltale games on us.

10+ Year Old Account
    wooo! Evelynn spotlight is out, so I think the patch is going to be tomorrow.

They usually release the patch after the spotlight, so there is hope!

10+ Year Old Account
    Jungling with Trinity Force for Tons of Damage. Who would've thunk it.

Deleted
    New Eve's passive seems so useless. It's even worse than old one (and I was thinking that there can't be worse passive) Really.. what's the point of having stealth if you can't use it? It just works as immunity to CV and green wards - but old stealth had it too. Detect range on spotlight is really huge... it's like normal champion going into vision range. If they won't make detect range lower... well , Eve will be (still) useless.

Perma-stealth is more useless than -50% damage from non-neutral minions? WTF?

It's about using it right. You can't expect it to be WoW-style where you just sneak up on people and they won't ever see you until they're stunned for 9 seconds. Stealth-characters are supposed to be skillfully used.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Well, that's one of the most retarded things I've seen all week. Stop people from ganking from one side but not the other in mid making you basically just have to run around for no other reason than what I'm imagining is stopping Eve from towerdiving people at low health who have the reaction time of a potato.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    New Eve's passive seems so useless. It's even worse than old one (and I was thinking that there can't be worse passive) Really.. what's the point of having stealth if you can't use it? It just works as immunity to CV and green wards - but old stealth had it too. Detect range on spotlight is really huge... it's like normal champion going into vision range. If they won't make detect range lower... well , Eve will be (still) useless.
    I really just wish they would've kept old stealth. I like how he pretends to actually wait for shadow walk before ganking Twitch in the beginning of the spotlight even though he was already in range by the time he left the brush.
    (I like even more how he ran towards Skarner instead of just laughing at Soraka and walking past her)
    (I like the absolute most how they said her ulti would be skillful when it's basically a big-aoe instant nuke, just pop it once they gather up and that's it, that's not exactly very skillful)
    (I just noticed Phreak isn't even animation cancelling when doing red buff, oh dear.)

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Perma-stealth is more useless than -50% damage from non-neutral minions? WTF?

It's about using it right. You can't expect it to be WoW-style where you just sneak up on people and they won't ever see you until they're stunned for 9 seconds. Stealth-characters are supposed to be skillfully used.
    No it's sort of like WoW-style where everyone is walking around with paranoia on 24/7. That basically kills most of the purpose of stealth since at best all you can do is have 1 extra second where the enemy can't see you while you run towards them. I was expecting the range to be far shorter than this.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2012-07-17 at 01:03 PM.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure that Eve is still useless.

I haven't played against her on PBE though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old stealth is dead in the water. They didn't like how one item (oracles) could counter her completely, but they also didn't like that she could just insta-gib people because they couldn't see her until it was too late (hence the mega nerf originally). This new stealth keeps the usefulness of going about the map undetected, while removing part of the element of surprise. With careful maneuvering you can get in lane without being seen which is more than any other jungler can say, but your not gonna be able to get right on top of someone without them noticing for a kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    With careful maneuvering you can get in lane without being seen which is more than any other jungler can say, but your not gonna be able to get right on top of someone without them noticing for a kill.
    Nocturne. Assuming they don't have wards, her stealth is basically equivalent to a Sejuani charge as well as other gap closers of similar range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    This new stealth keeps the usefulness of going about the map undetected, while removing part of the element of surprise.
    But it removes almost all of the element of surprise. It's more like smoke of deceit in DotA now, only really good for avoiding being seen by wards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it is either this stealth or a more tactical stealth like Twitch/Shaco/Talon, in which case wards keep you safe because she can't stealth until she goes for the gank, and she gets one less spell because now stealth cannot be her passive. I would rather have this stealth because she doesn't really need it to be effective. I played her in lane on the PBE to get a feel for her spells and her new stealth is not what makes her powerful. The fact that you can go up to someone incredibly fast, deal "tons of damage" for a kill, then get out is what makes new Eve so strong. Perma-stealth is just icing on the cake that lets you easily get past sight wards.

And yes, I forgot about Noct, but he has to ult in to avoid wards. Then wards are his worst enemy again until his ult comes up again. Eve just has to walk.

Woah, that stealth detection radius is retarded. I was hoping to see more Eves on tournaments but meh :\
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

Deleted
    Had a pretty nice game yesterday. Hadn't played LoL in a while (have been taken by DotA2), but decided to give it a go again. Was playing Draven bot. Got pretty fed. In the end I got towerdived (sp?) when I had about 200hp left, by a Lee Sin, Lux and Sivir, and walked away with a double kill (almost a triple kill, one managed to escape with low health), during this fight I kept being on about 20-50hp, but my lifesteal kept me alive. Was a pretty fun moment =)

Deleted
    Axetor - old stealth was "op" but new one is ... well , it's like having no passive at all. All champions can go through map undedected. And what about dominion where map is so small? It will be even more useless passive. On dominion you don't buy wards. The only way it may be useful is going around central buffs without being dedected which is a bit lame for passive. As I said in my prev post - just make detect range shorter and she would be ok.(maybe ... I don't use PBE)

Oh.. one more to you - Eve was easly countered by oracle .... but now you don't even have to get oracles to counter her... it's just stupid. People from PBE say that she didn't receive any upgrades on dmg... so with stealth nerf it makes her completly useless. Even more than now ... lol. It makes no sense.
    Last edited by mmocf89c8b0f36; 2012-07-17 at 03:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All champions can go through map undedected.
    All champions are invisible to minions and sight wards? Since when!?!?
    Also her burst damage and ranged damage has been increased significantly , she is a very effective jungler. Way better than what she is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    (I just noticed Phreak isn't even animation cancelling when doing red buff, oh dear.)
    This might sound like a noob question, but what is animation cancelling and what does it do?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    This might sound like a noob question, but what is animation cancelling and what does it do?
    Basically if you just rightclick an enemy then your champion is going to stand there doing nothing while the attack animation finishes when the damage has already been dealt earlier in the animation. As far as I'm aware it has a much smaller effect in LoL than in DotA but it's still there depending on what champion you play.

I couldn't find any good LoL videos on it but here's one from DotA 2.