Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphatar87 View Post
    Guardsman Bob quote of the day: The trick to tower tanking is to let someone else do it...

HotshotGG quote of the day

" *HotshotGG dies* Oh my GOD, did you see that? "

Going to remake my post. My name is Cobbis, lvl 30 and I play mostly Anivia, Gragas, Rammus and sometimes Soraka/Janna (When needed). I never play solo because of the community, like I tried a solo game today but was amazed by this Wukong that went 4/14 and then went ''omg bad team''. I usually play most of the time with my friends because of this flaw.

I bought wukong, and I do enjoy playing him (and will more when they fix his 1) scaling on the ult [lulz only doing base damage and going from 20 damage at level 1 to 100 at level 2] and 2) fix the armor bug). He can harass like a boss if you rush your sheen. With him, my build order usually runs: boots - pots/wards - sheen - T2 boots (merc treads most of the time) - BF sword - BT - Atmaas - TF - FM (taking out the FM for something else occasionally, like a BV or a STS). This gives him enough health to live a fight if hes not totally focused down, and enough damage to hurt people.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
    Let's not forget the "Oh dear" when he gets caught out of position.

and the "You're dead, sir"
    That does sound amusing.

Also, playing Wukong I notice something. He's like Nasus as melee DPS. Only instead of tankstuff you build a Sword of the Occult and abuse movement speed to all hell.

Or that just might be me being awful and the enemy team being more awful.

Quote Originally Posted by t3hj0j0 View Post
    I bought wukong, and I do enjoy playing him (and will more when they fix his 1) scaling on the ult [lulz only doing base damage and going from 20 damage at level 1 to 100 at level 2] and 2) fix the armor bug). He can harass like a boss if you rush your sheen. With him, my build order usually runs: boots - pots/wards - sheen - T2 boots (merc treads most of the time) - BF sword - BT - Atmaas - TF - FM (taking out the FM for something else occasionally, like a BV or a STS). This gives him enough health to live a fight if hes not totally focused down, and enough damage to hurt people.
    Imo, people need to stop health stacking + Atmas for damage with champions other than Cho'Gath.

Hey guys, recently started up LoL again myself and I saw this thread. But I'm just wondering; what region do you guys play in? Do you all go US, or are there some Nordic/EU East people here too?

LoL sure brings a nice change from WoW for once, but I noticed that if you're not careful in LoL, you'll just feed the other team pretty easily, there's been some occasions where the other team suddenly popped on top of me while I farmed minions and just one-shot me, or when a single champion downed me in seconds without any special "Active"-items.

Oh well, can't expect to be an expert after one day though.

Imo, people need to stop health stacking + Atmas for damage with champions other than Cho'Gath.
    I understand that on some champions. I see GP's with atmaas with no other health items (18% crit is 1337 d00d!) and other builds with it. But, Wukong almost needs a FM and a TF, which both grant some health. With atmaas, he gets 19 additional AD, 45 armor, which, in a full team fight, pushes his armor over 100, and 18% crit, which isn't that bad. It may not be ideal, but it gives wukong the survivability he needs. He has no passive survivability except his passive itself, which is underwhelming without a bit of help. He is more of an AD nuke, q-e-hit hard, then either r for disruption and damage or w to get away. With atmaa's, he can pull his full rotation and still have neough health to get out before he explodes into tiny itsy-bitsy monkey bites.\

edit: Then again... I do have some weird builds... I start my critplank build with 2 faerie charms and some pots/wards, build 1 (used to be 2 Q.Q) into philo stones, THEN start my actual critplank build. With most of my builds, I want to dominate early or mid game enough so that my team (or me) is fed so we can just destroy a tower set to win.
    Last edited by t3hj0j0; 2011-07-30 at 03:33 PM.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.

Deleted
    I understand that on some champions. I see GP's with atmaas with no other health items (18% crit is 1337 d00d!) and other builds with it. But, Wukong almost needs a FM and a TF, which both grant some health. With atmaas, he gets 19 additional AD, 45 armor, which, in a full team fight, pushes his armor over 100, and 18% crit, which isn't that bad. It may not be ideal, but it gives wukong the survivability he needs. He has no passive survivability except his passive itself, which is underwhelming without a bit of help. He is more of an AD nuke, q-e-hit hard, then either r for disruption and damage or w to get away. With atmaa's, he can pull his full rotation and still have neough health to get out before he explodes into tiny itsy-bitsy monkey bites.\

edit: Then again... I do have some weird builds... I start my critplank build with 2 faerie charms and some pots/wards, build 1 (used to be 2 Q.Q) into philo stones, THEN start my actual critplank build. With most of my builds, I want to dominate early or mid game enough so that my team (or me) is fed so we can just destroy a tower set to win.
    I wish people would get out of the mentality that Atma's is bad if you don't stack health. You need 1195 health for Atma's to be as cost effective as B.F. Sword. Most people (if you're not stupid) will get some health (Either through items like Frozen Mallet, Trinity, or even Banshee's Veil)

Atma's is a great item. So underrated it makes my head hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Hey guys, recently started up LoL again myself and I saw this thread. But I'm just wondering; what region do you guys play in? Do you all go US, or are there some Nordic/EU East people here too?
    I'm on Nordic/EU East atm, but I'll probably switch to EU west when I get the chance since most people I used to play with are on there now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    I'm on Nordic/EU East atm, but I'll probably switch to EU west when I get the chance since most people I used to play with are on there now.
    This x10. =]

The problem with atmaas being underrated is not that it isn't good without health items, but the fact that buying a BF sword is cheaper AND builds into core items. On beefy dps style champs, atmaas is amazing because a little health makes a big difference, but on pure carries, it typically doesn't do as much good. There are many champions that can use atmaas, that much is true. People don't use it as much as they should, that much is true as well. But on the flip side, just because you have a medium health pool and use AD does NOT mean you should use an atmaas.

Saying that though... my GP build does include atmaas occasionally when we need some kind of off tank or beefy champ. (Atmaas + TF + BV + IE + PD + M treads makes for a beefy GP who can do some damage).

Deleted
    The problem with atmaas being underrated is not that it isn't good without health items, but the fact that buying a BF sword is cheaper AND builds into core items. On beefy dps style champs, atmaas is amazing because a little health makes a big difference, but on pure carries, it typically doesn't do as much good. There are many champions that can use atmaas, that much is true. People don't use it as much as they should, that much is true as well. But on the flip side, just because you have a medium health pool and use AD does NOT mean you should use an atmaas.

Saying that though... my GP build does include atmaas occasionally when we need some kind of off tank or beefy champ. (Atmaas + TF + BV + IE + PD + M treads makes for a beefy GP who can do some damage).
    However, if you're in a snowball game against bruisers as a ranged carry, and fights are going either way, then yes, you should. Especially on carries like Ashe, and Miss Fortune who rely on crit.

What other item let's you prioritize crit, armor and AD.

Deleted
    So after the split it seems I get even MORE Session Closed errors.

Around 80% of the time after a game I can't connect to the scoreboard and get Session Closed After it. Sometimes when I join a game it can't connect and can't put me in the queue, followed by a Session Closed. Sometimes I get random Session Closed when browsing profiles and the store etc.

I mean I'm happy I don't have a 2 hour queue anymore, but this is getting beyond ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been lurking in this thread for a while, I figure it's time to say hello!

Mainly because I wanted to ask what your thoughts were on Galio Leesa? I noticed he didn't fare very well on your list of champions.

I find that flashing into a group of enemies and popping your ult pretty much guarantee's a successful teamfight. I don't play ranked though so maybe it's just because I'm playing against noobs. Anyway I'd like to hear your thoughts on him!
    Last edited by suttie; 2011-07-30 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    So after the split it seems I get even MORE Session Closed errors.

Around 80% of the time after a game I can't connect to the scoreboard and get Session Closed After it. Sometimes when I join a game it can't connect and can't put me in the queue, followed by a Session Closed. Sometimes I get random Session Closed when browsing profiles and the store etc.

I mean I'm happy I don't have a 2 hour queue anymore, but this is getting beyond ridiculous.
    Sounds like a problem on your end, neither I nor any of my friends have had any Session Closed messages or problems with the queue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by suttie View Post
    I've been lurking in this thread for a while, I figure it's time to say hello!

Mainly because I wanted to ask what your thoughts were on Galio Leesa? I noticed he didn't fare very well on your list of champions.

I find that flashing into a group of enemies and popping your ult pretty much guarantee's a successful teamfight. I don't play ranked though so maybe it's just because I'm playing against noobs. Anyway I'd like to hear your thoughts on him!
    Galio had a remake recently. I'm not 100% sure on how he's faring in ranked now, because I don't see him. The trouble with Galio, is his amazingly long CD on his ultimate, and the fact his spells scale badly late game. You're bought for the niche taunt that no other champion has (perhaps you can argue shen has a massive AoE taunt as well, but..). Your one taunt is on an insanely long cooldown, but he's supposed to be built as the tank/initiator. After his ult is down, he offers no protection, so it's down to your team to burst them down during that 2 second window.

He's not a bad character, I just think...so many other characters bring so much more, or more consistent protection. That's my take on him anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
    This x10. =]
    This xinfinite!

I won!

And yes, it was a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am playing with a friend of mine right now on a low levelled account, we played a 3v3. Our Malzahar left before the game even started and we ended up with me as Master Yi and my friend as Veigar, afterawhile they were all like: Just give up, its a waste of time.
    Then we combo his stun and my alpha strike and ace them in a teamfight, so I replied with what they said and they surrendered!
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

I just had the weirdest game with my friends just now O.o We went with Soraka, Taric, Janna, Sona and Orianna team, but guess what, we got a triple kill on the start and we lead all the way to the point when the others got lvl 13+. Also Sona did a penta kill O.o This was just for the luls because we were tired

Quite true, atmaas is an amazing item, and the fact that it gives 3 different (but valuable) stats is amazing. It's not a core item in many builds, but it's a damn useful item in nearly every build with a melee champ.

On da gargoyle: He's an interesting champ. His ult is a powerhouse, but it's his only real "tanky" style ability, his other 3 are more of a supports style abilities. This makes him difficult to balance because he can either get a buff to his tanking, but that MIGHT make his support OP (see the wukong patch, I think they hit the nail on the head with that one, buffed tanking, nerfed support a bit, balancing it out). Though, as a tank, since hes against the likes of amumu, he is outclassed (as most tanks are, amumu has it all man).

Deleted
    Quite true, atmaas is an amazing item, and the fact that it gives 3 different (but valuable) stats is amazing. It's not a core item in many builds, but it's a damn useful item in nearly every build with a melee champ.
    Gotta make more people see it's more than just a "hurr, got 4 warmogs, lets rush atmas!" item!

I love it. Especially in games where team fights can go either way, having the armor, and crit (I love playing Ashe, and always rush Iedge) as well as the AD. Can really be the item that keeps you alive, while still doing some respectable damage.