1. #13141
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulleecher View Post
    Why do people donate to children foundations? Because they are expected too? Because they have to? Because they want to?
    Sure, you can help children in Africa etc. but you shouldn't hate on people for donating for other stuff. Yeah, he isn't poor, he probably can afford to live without those donations. He never asked for so much but his story inspired some of those people, since then the big donations started.

    Why do people donate at all? I can't tell you, some people buy a new iPad or TV, some buy a car, some donate. Some even donate although they don't have that much money because it helps them feel better.

    NEVER question someone who donates. You may tell them though, if they are being ripped off ofcourse!
    Most people require some sort of personal motivation to give up something to someone else. I'm not an expert in sociology but I'm willing to bet you don't get to several thousand dollars just because people felt like donating to someone. Usually there has to be some sort of sob story or great accomplishment behind it, which is what I was asking about.

  2. #13142
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,064
    I have no idea either. There were some post on reddit about it, but they were more like he got monies from people.

    I don't think they explained why though.

  3. #13143
    Pandaren Monk Kurdiern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    CA-LI-FORNIA GIRLS, I'M IRRESISTABLE!
    Posts
    1,849
    He was talking about his time with V8. He and his brother flew everyone out and rented a hotel. His GF flew in to see him because he had finally become a pro gamer. He worked hard to make them team and on their first tourny his team (V8 at the time) was shit-talking him, and they dropped him soon after. It's somewhat true, he could only play Karthus at a competitive level, but still pretty brutal. He started to tear up on stream and people started donating. Then a $500 came in and he teared up more, then 2 $1k, and yeah. Got pretty emotional. I wasn't there, but it's pretty front page on /r/lol and he's agreed to do an AMA soon.

  4. #13144
    Every time I see situations like this, I just try and remind myself "I've seen worse on Kickstarter."

  5. #13145
    Kicking out the guy who made the team...
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

  6. #13146
    Moderator Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Elchea Library
    Posts
    3,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Kicking out the guy who made the team...
    CLG should do that to HotShot and pick up a real jungler. He certainly isn't a bad player, but his limited champion pool holds them back more now that he is in the jungle.

    Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

    Steam | Twitter

    LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

  7. #13147
    lol.

    regi, such an asshole

  8. #13148
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,064
    wait what happened? I know regi was trash talking, but kicking the guy that made the team? I missed something.

  9. #13149
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    wait what happened? I know regi was trash talking, but kicking the guy that made the team? I missed something.
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2540673

  10. #13150
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    CLG should do that to HotShot and pick up a real jungler. He certainly isn't a bad player, but his limited champion pool holds them back more now that he is in the jungle.
    I am not too familiar with the players and their play styles yet to make a correct judgement on that.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-03 at 12:34 AM ----------

    That thread is an example of e-sport having a long way to go to be called a proper sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

  11. #13151
    Warchief Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Every time I see situations like this, I just try and remind myself "I've seen worse on Kickstarter."
    PL is looking to make things grow within the LoL community. He said he's got things in the works (tourneys and such), so these donations go to further those goals. It's not like people are throwing money at PL and he's just going to use it on himself.
    To the Sky

  12. #13152
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    That thread is an example of e-sport having a long way to go to be called a proper sport.
    And sports fans are civil about things? Afaik there isn't some major american football forum, but if there was I can imagine that there would be a lot of bashing and stuff. And Regi claimed their victory was easy. So what, Dig said it was going to be a simple 2-0. Trashtalking is no new concept in terms of sports. It's probably worse in "real" sports.

  13. #13153
    Legendary! Falco Lombardi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lylat Star System
    Posts
    6,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    And sports fans are civil about things? Afaik there isn't some major american football forum, but if there was I can imagine that there would be a lot of bashing and stuff. And Regi claimed their victory was easy. So what, Dig said it was going to be a simple 2-0. Trashtalking is no new concept in terms of sports. It's probably worse in "real" sports.
    Boxing is a prime example of trashtalking to the max. Trashtalking for the most part isn't because they hate the other team but more for intimidation, granted they may hate the team or certain individuals on it but that's usually a personal thing. It generally is to get fans riled up and incite rivalry.

    I guarantee that a midst all the trashtalk some of the professionals are friends outside of LoL.
    I'll take the sky any day.

  14. #13154
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Boxing is a prime example of trashtalking to the max. Trashtalking for the most part isn't because they hate the other team but more for intimidation, granted they may hate the team or certain individuals on it but that's usually a personal thing. It generally is to get fans riled up and incite rivalry.

    I guarantee that a midst all the trashtalk some of the professionals are friends outside of LoL.
    too true.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsAC4lhbE0g
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-5_8af3TiY

    just gotta wait for m5 to start trash talking tsm again...man, these finals are gonna be sickkkkkkkkk

  15. #13155
    Legendary! Falco Lombardi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lylat Star System
    Posts
    6,608
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    too true.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsAC4lhbE0g
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-5_8af3TiY

    just gotta wait for m5 to start trash talking tsm again...man, these finals are gonna be sickkkkkkkkk
    Don't forget Asia and you never know about CLG.eu.
    I'll take the sky any day.

  16. #13156
    I am Murloc! Xanjori's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweland
    Posts
    5,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Don't forget Asia and you never know about CLG.eu.
    Tbh it wont even matter, M5 humilated TSM so hard last time that you just know all you need to see is M5 vs TSM again and Regi will be sitting there eating humble pie.

    Although saying that Id like to see him against Froggens Anivia, I wanna see Regi cocky enough to not ban out Anivia and then get facerolled into the floor. Regi is so far behind the APs for other teams now, he is incapable of carrying his team if theyre having a bad game, he only does well when the rest of his team does well. In fact imo most of TSMs results seem to hinge on Dyrus, if he does bad top they'll lose, if he wins top they'll win. Not saying Dyrus is the biggest player there its just a general trend for TSM.
    [08:44:11] Kurioxan: as long they get big im alright with that

    http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=MMOC-GenOT

  17. #13157
    I dunno, did Graves get buffed? I'm doing normals and just rofling to victory. I have to buy him. It's just sick really.

  18. #13158
    Legendary! Falco Lombardi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lylat Star System
    Posts
    6,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I dunno, did Graves get buffed? I'm doing normals and just rofling to victory. I have to buy him. It's just sick really.
    He was actually heavily nerfed from what he was before in the last patch... So much, is irony the word?
    I'll take the sky any day.

  19. #13159
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    He was actually heavily nerfed from what he was before in the last patch... So much, is irony the word?
    I dunno, I had a bad string of luck. I solo queue mostly. I'm 1300 player at least, so playing normals as 1300 player is rofling? I dunno. I haven't played in awhile.

  20. #13160
    Legendary! Falco Lombardi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lylat Star System
    Posts
    6,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I dunno, I had a bad string of luck. I solo queue mostly. I'm 1300 player at least, so playing normals as 1300 player is rofling? I dunno. I haven't played in awhile.
    If you stay around 1300 then normals from my experience seem to be quite easy and I use them to learn a new champion that I've never played or just came out. Depending on the champion play style I find certain ones are easy to learn and can be great even on the first time (in normals granted) and beat the person(s) in your lane.
    I'll take the sky any day.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •