1. #13361
    dunno if it was already posted, but...
    Week 42 free champions:

    Annie
    Jarvan
    Janna
    Cho' Gath
    Corki
    Varus
    Riven
    Mordekaiser
    Dr.Mundo
    Vladimir

    Pretty frustrating for me as I already have most of these and 3 of them are top picks for me ><

  2. #13362
    Pandaren Monk Yosef1015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Freljord
    Posts
    1,764
    Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    dunno if it was already posted, but...
    Week 42 free champions:

    Annie
    Jarvan
    Janna
    Cho' Gath
    Corki
    Varus
    Riven
    Mordekaiser
    Dr.Mundo
    Vladimir

    Pretty frustrating for me as I already have most of these and 3 of them are top picks for me ><
    yeeeeesss Ive wanted to try corki for a while now

  3. #13363
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Kades picks fight with forum troll.

    Kades uses logic.

    It's super effective.

    Forum troll feints.

    That red post is exactly why I love Riot.
    I just loved that he went in and did it. Kades is quickly becoming my favorite poster to read stuff from. It's probably the first time I've seen someone do that. I also thought about the BLOWUP that would have happened on say, any Blizzard game had an employee done that. Shows that they're very passionate about the game.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

  4. #13364
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    So this may be a little odd, but I saw this on the red tracker from Kades:

    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...23780#29123780

    Probably the most, "quit being a little jackass" response I have ever seen from someone who works on staff for a game.
    That's pretty awesome. Some of the red posters are pretty amazing.

    It was very tactfully done, but with the whole stfu thing going on.

  5. #13365
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    That's pretty awesome. Some of the red posters are pretty amazing.

    It was very tactfully done, but with the whole stfu thing going on.
    I also REALLY like it when Lyte is like, "No, you're a jerk, you deserved the ban."
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

  6. #13366
    Pit Lord Kuthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,298
    Kades is awesome. My gosh. That was awesome.


    New Twisted Fete skin revamp inc in the next couple of months. YAY!
    But no Legendary changes to my Magnificent TF

    I really want this proposed Heimer revamp to occur soon!
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

    Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

  7. #13367
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,269
    So I just finished playing in my first tournament. It was by no means a super serious event, since it was just a local one at my university, but our team made it to the finals before we lost. Our team was one 1900, two 1500s, one 1400, one 1200 or so. Their team was one 2100, one 1900 and three 1500s. So they had the slight advantage elo wise, but they definitely had the coordination advantage.

    Even though we ended up losing, it was still really fun to play it in an "organized" (I use quotes because that was the most disorganized thing i've participated in) LoL event. Though supposedly the next tournament our university has is going to be sponsored by Riot. I'm not really sure how that works, since we don't really have any stellar teams or anything, but hey i'm not gonna complain.

    So that was really cool. It makes me appreciate the professional players that much more. I'm not going to try to compare myself to them, but when you play in a tournament, even a casual one, you get the adrenaline and everything.

  8. #13368
    Moderator Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Elchea Library
    Posts
    3,598
    I feel really bad for this Irelia I just played against. Fantastic player, one of the most fun games I've played top lane in a while and my first game Jayce top lane since his release. We were evenly matched throughout the game. Traded kills once. She got the jump on me, I got the jump on her. It's one of those rare games where the junglers leave you alone to just duke it out, but neither really lose or win.

    So why did the junglers leave us alone and why do I feel bad for her? Well, for starters, she had a jungle Akali on her team. I shit you not. And it was a ranked game. Then, I actually grabbed a small early advantage, so our jungle Diana left top alone and focused on bot lane who was failing hardcore. So we get top lane to ourselves. I know it's a jungle Akali, so I play more aggressive than usual, and Irelia knows Diana is busy bot lane so she also plays more aggressive. We just end up harassing each other until one person gets low enough for a full commit. Irelia's awesome sustain kept her in lane, and I rushed a wriggles to keep myself in lane. I was ridiculously fun. I ended up coming out on top in our little war, but it didn't end there. I knew I had to shut down Vayne, Irelia knew I was the only one smart enough to do so. We end up in another war over the life of her Vayne. Thankfully, after a few team fights where I was able to weaken Vayne before I died (I was the only frontline. We had no tank), my Katarina finally started getting kills and snowballing, so instead of one person, Irelia now has to worry about two (she had a Taric but he was terrible and focused the really underfed Corki). We eventually pulled out a win as I got more tanky so I didn't melt while still keeping up the damage (Fratmas YAY!).

    After the game I talked to the Irelia for about 5 min about random stuff that happened during the game, how much fun top lane was, and how bad her Akali was (multiple towerdives with no hope of survival bad). Like I said, fantastic player and she didn't rage, was just more sad that she met her match and couldn't do anything about it because they were essentially down a player.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-11 at 12:31 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    So I just finished playing in my first tournament. It was by no means a super serious event, since it was just a local one at my university, but our team made it to the finals before we lost. Our team was one 1900, two 1500s, one 1400, one 1200 or so. Their team was one 2100, one 1900 and three 1500s. So they had the slight advantage elo wise, but they definitely had the coordination advantage.

    Even though we ended up losing, it was still really fun to play it in an "organized" (I use quotes because that was the most disorganized thing i've participated in) LoL event. Though supposedly the next tournament our university has is going to be sponsored by Riot. I'm not really sure how that works, since we don't really have any stellar teams or anything, but hey i'm not gonna complain.

    So that was really cool. It makes me appreciate the professional players that much more. I'm not going to try to compare myself to them, but when you play in a tournament, even a casual one, you get the adrenaline and everything.
    College tournaments are wicked fun. My college just started them up this year, we are trying for one every weekend. Apparently if we get official funding from the school, MLG might come out and host an official tournament here.

    Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

    Steam | Twitter

    LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

  9. #13369
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    [snip]

    College tournaments are wicked fun. My college just started them up this year, we are trying for one every weekend. Apparently if we get official funding from the school, MLG might come out and host an official tournament here.
    I've had that happen like once, and it was really amazing. That pretty much says duo Q partner all over it if you sent a friend request. I talked to their ranged AD (the 2100 guy) after the games and asked him for some tips and he was super friendly about it and gave me a bunch of pointers. It's nice to see people being friendly and stuff.

    I think if we tried to recruit people for the LoL club, it would get quite big quite fast. It seems like almost everyone I talk to here has played LoL or plays it, or has at least heard of it. I think it would be pretty amazing to get a regular tournament setup. I'ma have to talk to the people running it more to see what they were told from Riot (or if Riot has some sort of collegiate LoL thing i've never stumbled upon)

    I think we could probably get one going every weekend if we really wanted to, but it might be awhile before that happens. Would be pretty awesome though.

  10. #13370
    The Patient samhazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Leeds, England
    Posts
    262
    Kades is my hero. That is just plain epic.
    Stream - twitch.tv/unevil Streaming most days from 6pm GMT. Please follow me
    Youtube - youtube.com/unevilsh

  11. #13371
    Quote Originally Posted by samhazza View Post
    Kades is my hero. That is just plain epic.
    It's nice that people are tackling some of the toxicity of the community, but doing it in such terribly sexist terms really doesn't improve anything.

  12. #13372
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,185
    Read the follow-up post. As Kades says, this was explicitly in response to other posters telling the OP to "man up" and has nothing to do with gender (in)equality.

  13. #13373
    The Patient samhazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Leeds, England
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Counselwolf View Post
    It's nice that people are tackling some of the toxicity of the community, but doing it in such terribly sexist terms really doesn't improve anything.
    People like him aren't supposed to respond like this to people and have to hold it in, just the fact that he let some steam off makes me like him.
    Stream - twitch.tv/unevil Streaming most days from 6pm GMT. Please follow me
    Youtube - youtube.com/unevilsh

  14. #13374
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Read the follow-up post. As Kades says, this was explicitly in response to other posters telling the OP to "man up" and has nothing to do with gender (in)equality.
    Just read the follow-up. He makes it worse, not better.

  15. #13375
    Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    Excellent thanks! Should I just be running with a rune/mastery setup like Akali or just a typical AP mid build?
    I use Magic Pen reds, Flat armor yellows since you shouldn't oom (stealth is a chalice basically) and well you gank every lane so .., MR/lvl glyphs (end-game), Flat MR quints (helps loads early game since you still are relatively melee).

    Masteries I'm using 9/21/0 for the extra health and sustain, CDR, Magic Pen etc. Your burst is more then enough to not spend 21 points in offensive really. I even have the +gold on kills + assists in defensive. Guess it makes up for the CS you lose while ganking.

  16. #13376
    I wish the queue dodge penalty was less time... hmm 15/ 30 min debuff or play with a team you just KNOW are going to drag out the game for 40 minutes of fustration :< There is no good choice there...

  17. #13377
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    I wish the queue dodge penalty was less time... hmm 15/ 30 min debuff or play with a team you just KNOW are going to drag out the game for 40 minutes of fustration :< There is no good choice there...
    Get a smurf account and go play one game.

    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    "Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo." -Bystekhilcar

  18. #13378
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    I wish the queue dodge penalty was less time... hmm 15/ 30 min debuff or play with a team you just KNOW are going to drag out the game for 40 minutes of fustration :< There is no good choice there...
    better than losing elo imo. It was annoying to just see last pick lock something completely counter intuitive and know that you were going to lose. I'd rather wait awhile and go do something else.

  19. #13379
    Okay so since yesterday after buying Lee Sin, I would have to say I'm already ready to use him in ranked. Honestly was probably already ready by my 2nd game but was just being safe. He has this powerful and feel safe doing ganks feel to him, I love it.
    The Runaway. I love my new nickname. Is there a picture of me? Does it look good?

  20. #13380
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,185
    He has a lot of nuance to do really well with him. There's a difference between being a good Lee Sin and a great Lee Sin. With some champions it isn't that obvious, but with others there's a huge difference. Lee Sin is one of the latter ones.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •