1. #16041
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    I bet Kahi doesn't even lift
    I'm not sure whether I should be glad, or punch you in your whore mouth for disrespecting Kahi.

  2. #16042
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,201
    Very enlightening Riven video. Don't generally jungle her, but might want to try it after seeing this.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 01:01 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    I think if you build him like an AD Bruiser he would be good. He has an AS steroid, a knock up every 3s, a GET THE FUCK BACK OVER HERE button, and his ultimate passive does pretty good dmg.
    Then... why not get an AD bruiser instead?

  3. #16043
    Herald of the Titans Zelgius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    TRUMPETS
    Posts
    2,547
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    No. But I rarely play Jungle Riven.
    You should still max R > W > E > Q regardless of jungling or not. Unless you're fed, then it's better to go R > W > Q > E.
    ~ "Crying is a luxury I cannot afford." ~

  4. #16044
    Mechagnome Silent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post

    Then... why not get an AD bruiser instead?
    Play style my dear friend. Not every really cares about winning as long as they have fun, and Blitzcronk is one of those champions that you will always have fun with

  5. #16045
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    You should still max R > W > E > Q regardless of jungling or not. Unless you're fed, then it's better to go R > W > Q > E.
    Not according to Wings, but ok.

  6. #16046
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    You should still max R > W > E > Q regardless of jungling or not. Unless you're fed, then it's better to go R > W > Q > E.
    If you're top laning, max Q first, in most situations. If you're doing bad or just need the sustain/shield go for E then Q, or maybe even W first if you're doing that bad and need to constantly stun the other person so he/she won't harass you.

    But R->Q->W->E is what you should do in most cases at top lane.

  7. #16047
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    If you're top laning, max Q first, in most situations. If you're doing bad or just need the sustain/shield go for E then Q, or maybe even W first if you're doing that bad and need to constantly stun the other person so he/she won't harass you.

    But R->Q->W->E is what you should do in most cases at top lane.
    I was going to say, didn't they remove the huge scaling off W a couple of months back, making Q the best choice for bullying top?

  8. #16048
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    I was going to say, didn't they remove the huge scaling off W a couple of months back, making Q the best choice for bullying top?
    They did. They nerfed W, by a lot, and buffed her Q a bit, making her Q pretty much almost like an auto attack without her passive, that's why it's picked first now.

    It also allows you to bully more often and push the lane faster, like you said.


    I still remember when she was so stupidly OP. Her health regen, her W's power, jesus.

  9. #16049
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    They did. They nerfed W, by a lot, and buffed her Q a bit, making her Q pretty much almost like an auto attack without her passive, that's why it's picked first now.

    It also allows you to bully more often and push the lane faster, like you said.


    I still remember when she was so stupidly OP. Her health regen, her W's power, jesus.
    Riot Employee #1: We need to make Riven a strong top laner, but allow for some diversity
    Riot Employee #2: Let's put all the damage, base and scaling, as well as the utility into one spell
    Riot Employee #3: Brilliant!
    Riot Employee #1: How does he do it?!

  10. #16050
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Riot Employee #1: We need to make Riven a strong top laner, but allow for some diversity
    Riot Employee #2: Let's put all the damage, base and scaling, as well as the utility into one spell
    Riot Employee #3: Brilliant!
    Riot Employee #1: How does he do it?!
    Atleast they only nerfed her once, or twice, I can't even remember.

  11. #16051
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Atleast they only nerfed her once, or twice, I can't even remember.
    ^_^ I need to play Riven more. Urgh.

  12. #16052
    Herald of the Titans sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    2,780
    Ok that was the last straw, I can't play LoL for unknown reason, I have to download it from zero... again (did that once way back), and repair button isn't working, I click on it and nothing, it seems it needs repair too
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  13. #16053
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    They did. They nerfed W, by a lot, and buffed her Q a bit, making her Q pretty much almost like an auto attack without her passive, that's why it's picked first now.

    It also allows you to bully more often and push the lane faster, like you said.


    I still remember when she was so stupidly OP. Her health regen, her W's power, jesus.
    Oh cmon they really need to update those solomid guides, I was maxing W first also as top...but maybe is still good for me as I'm learning and it seems to be safer.

    Btw this are the champions I like to play as top, can u tell me is wich situation should I choose each one of them?
    - Riven
    - Jayce
    - Irelia
    - Rumble
    Also bought teemo and vlad but never used them.

  14. #16054
    Herald of the Titans sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    2,780
    Rumble : your team is low on AP (your mid isn't good AP carry late game like Heimer)
    Riven : your team is low on CC
    Irelia : Their team has squishy mage with insane dmg that count on CC to escape death (like Veigar, you can kill him and end his threat and his stun won't stop you in team fights)
    Jayce: you want to win (I'd say he is most OP top now)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  15. #16055
    Looks like i'm still playing Riven the old way by maxing W first and Q last as per the old guide.

    But i thought it made sense cause W CD scales with level whereas the Q is just a flat 13s cooldown regardless of level. So you will end up using W twice within the period of 1 Q which will ultimately do higher dps am i right?

  16. #16056
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    Oh cmon they really need to update those solomid guides, I was maxing W first also as top...but maybe is still good for me as I'm learning and it seems to be safer.

    Btw this are the champions I like to play as top, can u tell me is wich situation should I choose each one of them?
    - Riven
    - Jayce
    - Irelia
    - Rumble
    Also bought teemo and vlad but never used them.
    I'm not a very experienced top laner still.

    Riven does fairly well against pretty much anyone, early game she's god like because no one has any defense, not really, she has good harass and can poke very well if you know how to play her.

    Jayce is good against almost everyone too.

    Irelia is always a safe pick, with a philos you can farm well, even under turret and mid/late game your pretty good.

    Rumble can be countered some times, I don't play him so I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post
    Looks like i'm still playing Riven the old way by maxing W first and Q last as per the old guide.

    But i thought it made sense cause W CD scales with level whereas the Q is just a flat 13s cooldown regardless of level. So you will end up using W twice within the period of 1 Q which will ultimately do higher dps am i right?
    Don't forget that Q has 3 procs, every proc is almost the same damage as an auto attack, so ti's 3 auto attacks procing your passive, which is pretty damn good comparing it to W.

    It's not bad going for W, but if you want damage just go for Q or want to clear fast. W is also good for jungle because of the low cd you get by leveling it up so you can stun people more often, same thing applies for top if you're fairing not so good or just want to be able to farm without getting harassed.
    Last edited by Majad; 2012-10-31 at 02:25 PM.

  17. #16057
    Mechagnome Silent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Posts
    595
    I dont understand why you guys follow those solomid guides, you shouldnt be following them letter to letter. You should read them to have a basic idea on how the champion works. After you've played around a few games you should see what YOU think is the best to max first, not what a stupid guide says.

  18. #16058
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    I dont understand why you guys follow those solomid guides, you shouldnt be following them letter to letter. You should read them to have a basic idea on how the champion works. After you've played around a few games you should see what YOU think is the best to max first, not what a stupid guide says.
    I don't watch guides. I was just giving my thoughts on it.

    I still think you can level up W or Q first if you want, but leveling up W everytime over Q is just not a good idea, unless your playstyle is around playing safe and just farming, that's okay, but some times you might miss a kill because of that.

  19. #16059
    The new tribnal makes fun to me. Broke the 2,3k rating with 90% correct decisions...how high is yours at the moment?

  20. #16060
    Well actually if you max W the CD on it is reduced, the Q will always have a 11 second cd which is kinda annoying. I find myself using Q as a gap closer a lot whcih just wastes the damage. With W max you get a really short CD stun that also deals a huge burst of damage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •