Going to Quote myself.

Code:
    [14:27] <Majad> No idea, but that's just crazy
    [14:27] <Majad> He didn't even had GA
    [14:27] <Majad> lol
    [14:27] <Majad> That was literally man mode
    [14:27] <Majad> xD

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I always sigh when I see an enemy pick Xin, dreading the thought that they might be able to play him .

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    If it really was at absolute zero though, you would be practically unconscious.
    Absolute zero would make you extremely dead, you'd die if you hit -60°C let alone -270°C.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Absolute zero would make you extremely dead, you'd die if you hit -60°C let alone -270°C.
    Depends, wouldn't instantly freezing someone down to absolute zero be just like stopping time in that area?

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    It's not an item I would get on him, especially since I don't even play him.

Someone just linked this on the IRC.

Xin part is amazing, so is last part, = hilarious.

[video=youtube;FSauMwWZABs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSauMwWZABs[video]
    Am I the only one who thinks "pro plays" are pretty unimpressive in isolation?

Hit up some duo queue and was gonna moan about how terrible they were (2 mid leaves in 4 games, one went 0/6 before he left, the other left while we were winning) but then someone gave me Morg mid. Oh god I just need to make people give me Morg all the fucking time. Best start ever, enemy Jax tried to tower dive me at level 2, gave me FB, blue buff and an assist, at that point I just snowballed horribly. Ended up 16-3, signing off ranked for the day there with that win to make me feel good at least.

Deleted
    Am I the only one who thinks "pro plays" are pretty unimpressive in isolation?
    I don't know, I don't consider that a "pro plays", I just consider it an amazing/nice play, and it's nice to watch it.

Deleted
    I don't know, I don't consider that a "pro plays", I just consider it an amazing/nice play, and it's nice to watch it.
    Yeah but once you go in and decide to do something, all you can do is press your buttons. Picking the right target usually isn't too much trouble if you understand the relative danger to squishiness ratio of most champions and other than that all you have to do is aim and sometimes not even that. The Cho clip there is a pretty prime example, he was put in a situation and he decided to press buttons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Ranked wise, still tournament draft system. I mean the entirety of the changes are quite long to list. New items, stronger NPC in the northern part of the map (Ebonmaw no longer around), altars that provide buffs and can be stolen from a team after 90 seconds of being capped. No turtling at your base anymore. Jungling has been improved with no random spawns and plays more like a 3rd lane.
    Yeah I've looked through the actual changes themselves but still dont know which guide on team comps/strats etc is good. if anyone knows of one, I'd appreciate it.
    Last edited by mmoc74648e676e; 2012-11-21 at 03:32 PM.

Deleted
    It's not an item I would get on him, especially since I don't even play him.

Someone just linked this on the IRC.

Xin part is amazing, so is last part, = hilarious.

Xin: fuckin' MANMODE. No, seriously. That was just so ridiculous, I can imagine them being over Skype and the Xin just saying "J4, slow them down before you die so I can catch those bitches!"

Yeah but once you go in and decide to do something, all you can do is press your buttons. Picking the right target usually isn't too much trouble if you understand the relative danger to squishiness ratio of most champions and other than that all you have to do is aim and sometimes not even that. The Cho clip there is a pretty prime example, he was put in a situation and he decided to press buttons.
    ... Sorry, but that's pretty ridiculous. You can downplay anything to "but he just pressed buttons" if you bullshit enough. Pro SC gamers just click in a few places in a pre-trained order, pro artists just draw a few lines, pro race drivers just move their hands to the sides a bit while pressing down with one or both of their feet...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    ... Sorry, but that's pretty ridiculous. You can downplay anything to "but he just pressed buttons" if you bullshit enough. Pro SC gamers just click in a few places in a pre-trained order, pro artists just draw a few lines, pro race drivers just move their hands to the sides a bit while pressing down with one or both of their feet...
    Except that the clicks that SC2 gamers often make are skillfully executed. I wouldn't say as much about LoL.

Let me draw an analogy to chess.

A skillfull game involves setting up multiple pieces in strategic positions and countering your enemy's strategy.
    A "pro play" is physically moving your queen from B1 to B6, check mating the enemy.

This is why I don't think pro plays are impressive in isolation. You aren't impressive because you moved your queen and it worked, you're impressive because of continuously good decision making.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2012-11-21 at 04:16 PM.

Deleted
    The clicking things and pressing shit isn't really hard. Maneuvering like that, making absolutely no fault at who you decide to charge or feast etc is, especially in a real scenario at normal speed.

In soccer it's just simply getting a ball in a goal that is about 100 times the size of the ball. In reality it isn't that easy considering everything that is going on, professional level just makes things more complicated.

Deleted
    Except that the clicks that SC2 gamers often make are skillfully executed. I wouldn't say as much about LoL.

Let me draw an analogy to chess.

A skillfull game involves setting up multiple pieces in strategic positions and countering your enemy's strategy.
    A "pro play" is physically moving your queen from B1 to B6, check mating the enemy.

This is why I don't think pro plays are impressive in isolation. You aren't impressive because you moved your queen and it worked, you're impressive because of continuously good decision making.
    If you put it that way then it's correct - however, the plays in this video are not just single actions. Those are series of good decisions followed by acting on them in perfect execution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lycoris, that Xin play was flawless... I mean you can't really disregard him for that by saying he just clicked and pressed buttons. It was a great play.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    What Lycoris meant is, that everyone can make a "pro play", you just need to know what to target and click the buttons, everyone can do that, so yeah, he meant that it's not a "pro play", just a nice/good play.

Deleted
    This.
    But imho you can apply that continuously good decision making to LoL aswell. You just dont have everything in your own hands like in an SC2 1vs1, which may make the outcome of your decisions weight less for the actual result of the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    If you put it that way then it's correct - however, the plays in this video are not just single actions. Those are series of good decisions followed by acting on them in perfect execution.
    Enemy of high importance is within feast range, use feast.
    Enemy of medium importance but low health close, use ignite.
    3 enemies within cone of silence, cast silence and rupture.

It really isn't that hard to make good decisions when the enemy decides to stand in a cone ready to be yelled at by RoA + Abyssal Cho.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    The clicking things and pressing shit isn't really hard. Maneuvering like that, making absolutely no fault at who you decide to charge or feast etc is, especially in a real scenario at normal speed.

In soccer it's just simply getting a ball in a goal that is about 100 times the size of the ball. In reality it isn't that easy considering everything that is going on, professional level just makes things more complicated.
    You'd have a really hard time giving me an example that "isn't that easy with all the things going on" that I wouldn't list as having a way higher skill requirement(Just so we're on the same page, I don't find individual DotA plays usually impressive either). And like I said above, the enemies put themselves in a situation where his next course of action was always natural to a player with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Lycoris, that Xin play was flawless... I mean you can't really disregard him for that by saying he just clicked and pressed buttons. It was a great play.
    The Xin play was fairly good but considering the health he came out at, I can't exactly call it stellar decisionmaking. It was well-executed, though.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2012-11-21 at 04:36 PM.

Deleted
    What you're all saying is, being "skillful" in any MOBA game is about consistently performing and having the right decision making.

Can we stop this now >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Can we stop this now >.>
    But we just hopped on the bed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    What you're all saying is, being "skillful" in any MOBA game is about consistently performing and having the right decision making.

Can we stop this now >.>
    No, I forgot to mention the problem of only looking at specific cases.

e.g. Gragas throws an ulti barrel at random and it turns out to be a really good choice, even if he had no idea that it'd be. Meanwhile in the other 40 games he played Gragas he did quite badly.

*pulls Majad off the bed*
    Mine.

Deleted
    No, I forgot to mention the problem of only looking at specific cases.

e.g. Gragas throws an ulti barrel at random and it turns out to be a really good choice, even if he had no idea that it'd be. Meanwhile in the other 40 games he played Gragas he did quite badly.
    Stop it. Now.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 07:11 PM ----------

errrrrrrrrrr.....Excuse me. In my bedroom with who exactly?!

Deleted
    Am I seriously the only one who thinks that Xin play displays nothing but how retardedly OP Xin can be? He did nothing but stand still and win by being a superior auto-attacker while having dumbass self-heal from E. How is that skilled? The only cool thing he did was flashing the Blitz hook, wich I bet wasn't even intentional. He just wanted to get away.

Same with the Rengar clip, shows nothing but the fact that his passive needs a fucking cooldown already.

The Orianna play seriously deserves #1 spotlight in that video.