Deleted
    It's really not forbidden to discuss here.

Just ignore if you don't want to read or participate. :b

This is getting more heated than my tribunal reports page ^^

There is no sale, this has been established and chewed over, and now all that is left is a pointless DOTA vs LoL discussion - which no-one can ever win - or prove any actual point over anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't be the only one who prefers an actual conversation/debate over a boring 1 page long chat thread followed either by reposts from the LoL Websites Main Page or #MyLoLDayWentLikeThis twitter-like posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    I can't be the only one who prefers an actual conversation/debate over a boring 1 page long chat thread followed either by reposts from the LoL Websites Main Page or #MyLoLDayWentLikeThis twitter-like posts.
    Conversation yes, borderline agressive arguments comparing 2 games in the same genre? Not so much...

Get enough of that dullness elsewhere on this site, and it never leads to any changed opinions or very interesting insights imo, but I by no means speak for anyone other than myself

I quite like the randomness of this thread though, and the fact it's usually fairly lighthearted with the odd interesting tid-bit thrown in!

Deleted
    How make me not hate the grind:
    Add a system to try out absolutely anything you want in a custom game.

This is, incidentally, why I was pretty okay with the gear grind in Tribes despite weapons taking forever to get.
    But, there's no way Riot hasn't had this suggested to them so the likely answer is that they can't (they can temporarily enable all champions at the very least if you have a tournament key, right?) or don't feel like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    How make me not hate the grind:
    Add a system to try out absolutely anything you want in a custom game.

This is, incidentally, why I was pretty okay with the gear grind in Tribes despite weapons taking forever to get.
    But, there's no way Riot hasn't had this suggested to them so the likely answer is that they can't (they can temporarily enable all champions at the very least if you have a tournament key, right?) or don't feel like it.
    I was thinking about a system like that, but Riot most likely doesn't want that because people might skip Matchmaking all together to just do custom games where all champions are available. My personal solution was allow all champions in bot games. Allows you to use the champion and get a feel for it, but in the end still restricts you and makes you buy it for real use against other players.

Deleted
    Guys seriously I had to look at the thread title when I read your posts to make sure it was still about LoL here.

Seems some people in here are angry 'cause a business wants to make money.

I know, it's fucking crazy, right?!

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

10+ Year Old Account
    My personal solution was allow all champions in bot games. Allows you to use the champion and get a feel for it, but in the end still restricts you and makes you buy it for real use against other players.
    I can get behind this idea. And I still advocate making the 450IP champs free for everyone. Gives noobs a solid base in all roles to try and hopefully keeps them from getting bored so quickly or overwhelmed by more complex free week champs.

Deleted
    Well boom, there we go, discussion over.
    Welp, that makes it much faster. Correcting misunderstandings is a magic skill.

I'd say I'm experienced enough to play every champion at a reasonable level, yet I own less than half of them. To say that it's just a shortcut considering the absolutely immense amount of time it takes to buy them is ridiculous.
    Yes it will. There are over 100 champions in this game. Do you know how long it takes to buy all 100+ champions? All 100+ BASIC NECESSITIES IN AN ARTS? It takes a FUCKING LONG TIME. Your entire argument seems to revolve around the fact that we live in a world where there is no such thing as time. Where someone can grind out the necessary IP for every champion in the game in the same time it takes for someone to buy $500 in RP and buy every champion. While it is true that technically everything in this game gameplay wise is 100% attainable through IP only, the sheer possibility of that and the time it takes is so fucking ridiculous that ANYONE who decides to buy RP will be able to get everything he needs quicker.

Also, matchmaking isn't perfect. You will not be matched with someone who has the exact champions, the exact same runes as you. How do you KNOW that they both have all the runes they need? MM isn't perfect. Once again, the person who decided to buy with RP will have more IP to spend on Runes, meaning they will be better equipped to deal with any situation. Runes still create advantages and disadvantages. Try going against a LB with a full MR Page and watch in amazement how boring and easy it becomes to shut her down in her strongest phase.
    The thing is: you do NOT need all the champions. You can have all the bases and all counters covered with maybe 1/4th of them. Sure, you can buy 6 different champions to cover the same pick - but you can buy one or two out of them and still be just as fine. Instead of that EXTREMELY niche MR runepage you will use once in a blue moon(you sure you want to use one of rune page slots on it?) you can rush Negatron after playing safe for a few minutes and be just as fine, if not better off.

Case in point: I really wanted to play Yorick because he seemed fun but he was only on free week once every 6 months, the next time he was on free week I was absolutely swamped in schoolwork and could barely play at all, then I had to wait another 6 months or buy him blindly. Buying him blindly, he turned out to be far less fun than expected and I spent IP on something I could've used to get another champion like Diana. My fun was diminished because of the way the system works, that is why I call it a grind.
    Why not refund him?

The IP you used to buy Yorick is not something you spent time -working- for. It's something you got while playing the game. If you consider playing the game a chore, work you get tired of, then there's something wrong with how you are trying to enjoy it.
    Considering they've confirmed that all heroes will always be free and that no Chinese player would ever switch (thus guaranteeing an absolutely massive loss of players) from Allstars to DotA 2, I'd say it's a safe bet that the hero pool will always be free.
    Nothing to say here in response except "Well maybe they wont do this..." I see. Hint, they won't. Considering Valve stated at the very beginning this was the model they were sticking with having all heroes and gameplay 100% unlocked and free from the beginning, considering Valve's experience with cosmetics, and considering the game is nearly finished with Beta Invites beign given out like fliers at the mall (I still have 2 if you really want to see it for yourself), I think this is what they're going to do.
    I can only hope you are right. Make no mistake, I am not hating on DOTA2 and Valve. I have not played the game, thus I have no opinion on it, nor do I want it to fail. It's just that I've seen many "True, complete F2P!" games go down the path I gave an example of.

No. Lycoris never called Riot greedy. You literally said

Lycoris said challenged you on that claim it was the best F2P system in the world. He said NOTHING about Riot being greedy. He merely said that the fact you still have to Grind/Pay for the basic necessities of the game means that it ISN'T the best F2P since there is an actual game out there where all the content IS 100% free and available from the get go.

Then why would you even fucking say that in the first place?! I'M the one who believes (Not sure if Lycoris does, he has not stated) that while Riot's model technically is F2P in the sense that everything can be gotten for free, there is undoubtedly an advantage that can be gained from purchasing RP, making LoL a P2W game in some regards.
    This is already settled with Lycoris, so I'll just call you on your "1st grade reading comprehension". Lycoris replied to me replying to others who were calling Riot greedy. He did not say it himself but defended people saying it. Got it all sorted now?

Also, I could explain that I used a hyperbole by calling Riot "best" in that regard in order to emphasize in how high of a regard I hold Riot's ability to keep LoL free with everything they provide.

Once again. Lysah said, "Grind/pay for basic necessities." You can replace Grind with pay, making it simply Pay/Pay. These Champions don't belong to you. You need to buy them. They aren't free, you need to spend time or money and then pay that money in a store to get all 100+ of them. How is that a free compared to Dota 2 where you have every champion 100% available to you from the beginning. The same things with runes. You still need to spend time and buy them from a store. You're paying Time, not Money. Why the fuck should you have to pay in the first place if this is supposed to be the "best f2p model" in the world? Just because something is the most popular does not mean it is the best.
    "Paying" time, "grinding"....... So many ugly words. You are talking as if playing LoL was a horrendous work, something you HAVE to do, a job. But it IS NOT. The time you spend "working" for those champions and runes is the time you have spent PLAYING the game, having fun. If you are "working" in order to be able to "work" more, just with different abilities under your qwer fingers, then you are doing something very, very wrong and you should not be spending your time on this game at all.

The design of LoL is around summoner's progression - you spend time playing, get XP, levels and IP. It's a bit RPG like in that regard - this is one of the differences that set it apart from other MOBAs. If you dislike the entire idea around which the game is designed you need to stop playing it and play one that suits you instead of trying to convince people who like that model how bad it is.

Two players met in lobby. Both are say lvl 27. One bought a ton of champions with RP, the other didn't. Guess which one is going to have more flexibility and picking power. The one with RP, because with RP you can buy champions, who are literally the necessary component and power in this game. The more options you have, the more power you have.

Two experienced players meet, both have been playing a while. Once again, one bought most and more of his champions with RP. He has more choices. Also, because he has bought his champions with RP, he has had more IP to have spent in Runes. Once again, he has more picking power, more flexibility, more choices. He has an advantage.
    The advantage you speak of is non-existent. For a lvl 27 newbie counterpicking does not matter at all, so all the RPGuy has is a bigger selection of champions - nothing even remotely close to advantage that could tip the scales of the game towards his team. For an experienced player things are the same - let me use an example. What Player A has 6 different champions he can counter enemy Darius with; Player B has 2 different champions he can counter enemy Darius with. What is the advantage Player A has over Player B? None. RP can give a bigger choice, but in the game it does not matter if you could've picked from between 2 champions that can do the job or 10 champions that can do the job.

Deleted
    gameplay 100% unlocked and free from the beginning
    Yeah it's so free that two friends not paying cannot even play together. Some british podcaster once nailed this situation, and was flamed here so hard, it will always repeat and there is no point discussing that more ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    Seems some people in here are angry 'cause a business wants to make money.

I know, it's fucking crazy, right?!
    Little girl selling lemonade at a stand down the street or
    Large evil company abusing child workers and loopholes in enviromental protection laws to maximize profits.

I mean hyperbole but come on, do you just not get it?

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Yeah it's so free that two friends not paying cannot even play together.
    Uh, what.
    Legitimately confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    The thing is: you do NOT need all the champions. You can have all the bases and all counters covered with maybe 1/4th of them. Sure, you can buy 6 different champions to cover the same pick - but you can buy one or two out of them and still be just as fine. Instead of that EXTREMELY niche MR runepage you will use once in a blue moon(you sure you want to use one of rune page slots on it?) you can rush Negatron after playing safe for a few minutes and be just as fine, if not better off.
    Except that champions counter other champions to a degree, not to an absolute, to downplay the difference in countering them and the other various strengths of the champion is silly.

Why not refund him?
    You mean that 3-times-in-your-life system that I used on all my Teemo skins once I realized the game is never gonna let me AD carry Teemo properly?

The IP you used to buy Yorick is not something you spent time -working- for. It's something you got while playing the game. If you consider playing the game a chore, work you get tired of, then there's something wrong with how you are trying to enjoy it.
    I purchase a champion in an informed manner, increasing my enjoyment of the game.
    I purchase a champion in an uninformed manner and it turns out I don't like him, decreasing my enjoyment of the game.
    Do you just not see that there might possibly maybe perhaps perchance maybe in a blue moon be somehow related?

Deleted
    Yeah it's so free that two friends not paying cannot even play together. Some british podcaster once nailed this situation, and was flamed here so hard, it will always repeat and there is no point discussing that more ever.
    You're talking about the different servers? I'm a bit confused.

Deleted
    You mean that 3-times-in-your-life system that I used on all my Teemo skins once I realized the game is never gonna let me AD carry Teemo properly?
    1)If you need to refund all the time then you're doing something wrong in the purchase process.
    2)Erm, Teemo was never supposed to be an AD carry. You can't mean that thing about unbalanced game from before you edited the post is about not being able to play a champion in position he is not supposed to fill?
    3)You are a Teemo player. You are dead to me.

I purchase a champion in an informed manner, increasing my enjoyment of the game.
    I purchase a champion in an uninformed manner and it turns out I don't like him, decreasing my enjoyment of the game.
    Do you just not see that there might possibly maybe perhaps perchance maybe in a blue moon be somehow related?
    Short of actually playing the champion, you can do a ton of stuff to find out if you're gonna like him or not prior to buying if you wish to make a truly informed choice. Read up guides, watch gameplay/guide videos and streams... If you still made a bad choice despite all that, refund.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    You're talking about the different servers? I'm a bit confused.
    You get only demoversion of steam for you need to use their store to get full access. They argue with security reasons, but the truth is that they want to milk those F2P titles as much as possible without them looking to actually cost anything.

Deleted
    And if you don't enjoy the game, Uninstall is in your start menu. Enjoy Dota2.

Deleted
    You get only demoversion of steam for you need to use their store to get full access. They argue with security reasons, but the truth is that they want to milk those F2P titles as much as possible without them looking to actually cost anything.
    I'm aware free accounts can't be in group chats unless they're an admin but...what? Does DotA just not work on a free account? Because I'm pretty sure I've heard the grand stories of people smurfing with the invites they got.
    1)If you need to refund all the time then you're doing something wrong in the purchase process.
    2)Erm, Teemo was never supposed to be an AD carry. You can't mean that thing about unbalanced game from before you edited the post is about not being able to play a champion in position he is not supposed to fill?
    3)You are a Teemo player. You are dead to me.
    Suffice it to say, I got to 30 and the way I wanted to play Teemo got me yelled at.

Short of actually playing the champion, you can do a ton of stuff to find out if you're gonna like him or not prior to buying if you wish to make a truly informed choice. Read up guides, watch gameplay/guide videos and streams... If you still made a bad choice despite all that, refund.
    Gameplay videos of ARTS games are some of the most boring things ever besides things like fails of the week. I did, however, watch videos, it didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    And if you don't enjoy the game, Uninstall is in your start menu. Enjoy Dota2.
    If you don't enjoy the discussion, the x button should be on the top right. Enjoy the other threads.

Deleted
    If you don't enjoy the discussion, the x button should be on the top right. Enjoy the other threads.
    Why should I read another thread because you want to, yet again, in a League of Legends thread, post quasi-intellectual comments about how DotA2 is so superior. Why don't you go to the DotA thread? I come here because I actually enjoy LoL, I don't see your motivation other than to flamebait and troll...?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Why should I read another thread because you want to, yet again, in a League of Legends thread, post quasi-intellectual comments about how DotA2 is so superior. Why don't you go to the DotA thread? I come here because I actually enjoy LoL, I don't see your motivation other than to flamebait and troll...?
    >Comments that paint LoL as a sub-perfect creation in an attempt to stimulate some sort of interesting discussion and perhaps useful feedback.
    >Flamebait and troll.
    Alright, Styles, whatever you say.

Deleted
    >Comments that paint LoL as a sub-perfect creation in an attempt to stimulate some sort of interesting discussion and perhaps useful feedback.
    >Flamebait and troll.
    Alright, Styles, whatever you say.
    Does nothing but meme arrow. Compares to Dota2 24/7. Constructive? Please. You're just lording over the fact that you play the superior game "IN YOUR OPINION". You care nothing for LoL, and bitch and piss about how the game is bad to you. Go do it in the DotA2 thread with the rest of the fanboys. At least they can stick to their thread.