Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Apparantly the best counter to shen is simply to aim him.
    Earlygame, that is. Before he gets a wits end and a sunfire cape.
    Got my teeth kicked in as shen, my jungle wasn't safe. Bot lane was roaming my jungle, mid was here and there, their jungler was in my jungler and heck, so was their top at times. I couldn't touch anything. Ouchie.
    Same way you beat Singed, beat him down before he becomes a mega tank. That's really how you beat any character like that.

Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

Steam | Twitter

LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    Quick semi-silly question. Up to 1169 rating now, and my badge thingy is silver. Is that correct? Say if I have a terrible whatever else rest of the season...at the end, would I get the silver counting from that? 1169 seems low for silver but I don't know the rating system THAT well. That and if there's any ADC looking for a reasonably competent Taric or Soraka (Sona coming soon! and not Blizz style soon), to duoqueue on EU west, hit me up as well .
    Once you get a ranking or whatever you want to call it, it stays. You can drop significantly but it keeps your highest elo when it determines rewards and things.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Once you get a ranking or whatever you want to call it, it stays. You can drop significantly but it keeps your highest elo when it determines rewards and things.
    There is a red post saying they probably aren't going to do that at the beginning of season 3. Maybe at the end, but for now, current ELO is all that matters.

Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

Steam | Twitter

LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    There is a red post saying they probably aren't going to do that at the beginning of season 3. Maybe at the end, but for now, current ELO is all that matters.
    Do what? Award stuffs, or keep your highest elo thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Do what? Award stuffs, or keep your highest elo thing.
    Keeping highest elo

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Apparantly the best counter to shen is simply to aim him.
    Earlygame, that is. Before he gets a wits end and a sunfire cape.
    That's what I did to one as riven the other day. Don't know if she counters him or anything, but was up against a shen toplane, manage to kill him twice pre-6 and got a great lead on him, after that, he couldn't touch me; any time he went bot lane with his ult they didn't have any trouble with him either(although that may just have been that shen not being very good, not sure.)
    Although the first kill from me was just due to him pulling a full minion wave while fighting me, if it wasn't for that I wouldn't have got him.

People often underestimate minions early game.

Anyways, I tried Vlad and while he is fun.....

I don't know, he doesn't seem very strong, not weak either.

I am thinking about buying him.

I'll agree to that about minions, I underestimate them a lot.
    "Don't worry guys I can get him."
    two seconds later
    "WHERE IS ALL THIS DAMAGE COMING FROM?"
    900 basic attack from minions. :\

Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    I'll agree to that about minions, I underestimate them a lot.
    "Don't worry guys I can get him."
    two seconds later
    "WHERE IS ALL THIS DAMAGE COMING FROM?"
    900 basic attack from minions. :\
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W8mMY24Bew

How fitting that it happened to a Teemo.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 11:49 PM ----------

I love normal games for the fact that you can do silly stuff and people don't mind most times. GP + Soraka bot lane vs Kog'maw Alistar. Killed them so hard I had my triforce at like 15 minutes and they surrendered at 20 minute with Kog having 50 cs. Alistar just didn't realize that I was going to instantly focus him if he engaged on me before level 6, and GP dot dmg with ignite made it too late for him to retreat. Also had a nice thing where they started a fight and I hit level 6 a second after the fight started and suddenly double killed them.

We pretty much won by the enemy team just raging at each other hardcore. Top said only he and the Jungle did well, Mid said he was bad too, Kog'maw blaming Alistar, etc. Only time I can say that I liked having a Soraka in the game, infinite mana and heals for GP is a wonderful thing.

GP is my favorite champion to take to any lane for normals. You don't really need to worry about late game for most normal games, and if you snowball you can easily make the other guy useless.
    Last edited by Kilz; 2012-11-20 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post

Minus the death, that's actually happened to me a few times. At one point, my character literally could not move because of the minion grief.

Had my first pentakill! On Shen! Granted it was in an ARAM, but I'm still proud of it. Bought an ionic spark as first item after boots, hilarity ensued. Would have been two penta's if Ryze wouldn't have stolen the first one.

Of course afterwards my internet was too excited and disconnected me =(

I like Shen, but I've had too many games where I did MAGICAL, like with sparkles flying off me that's how good I was, and I still lost. Serious 10/3/20 games where I stomped top and saved so many players with my ult from 6 and onwards. Perfect engages with (flash)taunt on AD or AP carry, or even both, and then your team DOES NOTHING. Then you try to stick to your 1 decent player, but still not enough. Frustrated me so bad I stopped playing Shen top.

As for fighting him, I had the easiest time as a Jax. Stomped his ass. If you can outpoke and sustain early on you should keep your advantage. Try to take a champion that can interrupt his ultimate if you want him to be useless >6 as well.

As long as it's not Katarina, a penta is always impressive.

Not that it's not impressive on Katarina either, but if anything, she is the least impressing one to get it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post

Not that it's not impressive on Katarina either, but if anything, she is the least impressing one to get it on.
    My friend got a penta on Karma 2 days ago. Granted, he did not know it had happened, but it was damn impressive!

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post

This is bullshit imo. It's easy against 5 low health champs perhaps. But make a wrong decision on when and who to engage, when and who to ulti and you could be glad to get 1 kill before dying or being useless.

Get a penta with your entire team alive and not being far ahead is impressive, especially if you executed your role perfectly. Being the last standing with resets as Katarina and spamming Q/W/E on targets... not so much. Couldn't have done more during the actual fight? Perhaps, but mostly, I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 11:49 PM ----------

I love normal games for the fact that you can do silly stuff and people don't mind most times. GP + Soraka bot lane vs Kog'maw Alistar. Killed them so hard I had my triforce at like 15 minutes and they surrendered at 20 minute with Kog having 50 cs. Alistar just didn't realize that I was going to instantly focus him if he engaged on me before level 6, and GP dot dmg with ignite made it too late for him to retreat. Also had a nice thing where they started a fight and I hit level 6 a second after the fight started and suddenly double killed them.

We pretty much won by the enemy team just raging at each other hardcore. Top said only he and the Jungle did well, Mid said he was bad too, Kog'maw blaming Alistar, etc. Only time I can say that I liked having a Soraka in the game, infinite mana and heals for GP is a wonderful thing.

GP is my favorite champion to take to any lane for normals. You don't really need to worry about late game for most normal games, and if you snowball you can easily make the other guy useless.
    Aaaah GP. I've been using him in 3vs3 with my 2 friends recently. I just went for the old critplank build. I start with avarice blade and boots.
    It's a bit luck dependent, but boy...those parrrleys hurt on low level (:

trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Damn it Riot, why must you torment me ? Why must you make me wait instead of just giving me this new patch that will break the League Of Legends...? I just want to play Carry Jungle Shaco ... Q.Q

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Damn it Riot, why must you torment me ? Why must you make me wait instead of just giving me this new patch that will break the League Of Legends...? I just want to play Carry Jungle Shaco ... Q.Q
    They are doing a magic trick on us. :/

OT: They really need to get this new jungle out because I want to see how Shaco fairs in it. I'm getting annoyed because I want to be able to see if boots and health pots are actually, like they said, still possible on Shaco.
    The Runaway. I love my new nickname. Is there a picture of me? Does it look good?

trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Im actually pretty excited to try out a new starting item besides my usual longsword / boots