Hmm, hope more people sign up, at this rate we'll only have enough for a single match.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FruityFrodo View Post
    Need more people for the tourny, come on guys, don't be shy, it's all in good fun! Don't be afraid to join just because you're unskilled, most people are, it's to be expected if you're new.

Hope we can get more people interested, if you have friends playing, make them sign up on MMOC and make them join too
    Add me Sdevill US side i play almost evrything i like to belive im decent just tell me what time the tourney is

Probably leave the tournament thread open for another 4-5 days, then we'll make a date.

Hey! I am PánHnedýchVecí and I play Gragas, Amu and Oriana mostly. I am level 27 on EU servers.

Started playing some cait since shes F2P for this week. Really enjoying her, early game laning is nice, and late game her autos hit like trucks. Haven't bought her yet, but it's looking like I will.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

Gonna buy Fiddlesticks since he is pretty cheap and see if I like him any.
    Also... need more sub level 30 people to sign up here.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nds-Tournament

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Gonna buy Fiddlesticks since he is pretty cheap and see if I like him any.
    Also... need more sub level 30 people to sign up here.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nds-Tournament
    Indeed, I need 3 more for a sub 30 team....
    Hey everyone

Just gonna post my info here too since the tournament thread seems to be dying. Looking for a lvl 30 team.

Username: Narbo
    Region: NA
    Role (AP carry, tank, support, etc etc): All
    Champions Owned that fill role: Vlad, Malz, Annie, Vayne, Corki, Ashe, Taric, Janna, Trundle, Amumu, and a little bit of Alistar
    Champion best with: see above
    Level: 30
    Other information: Willing to be a supervisor if needed

Quote Originally Posted by wowcrendor View Post
    Wards. They save lives.

For that matter, if you have any stealthers on the enemy team, buy oracle elixers.

Quote Originally Posted by wowcrendor View Post
    >Implying the well mannered player does not exist.

YES I FUCKING DO EXIST >8c.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    Wards. They save lives.

For that matter, if you have any stealthers on the enemy team, buy oracle elixers.
    Really depends. Lower skill level games can get away without wards, a good Teemo/Nidalee can selfward just fine, and if you have a solid ganking team you don't need them.

I recently played against an Akali/Kat/Irelia/Shen/TF team. Dear god it made me RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE. Wards didn't help us either.

Also -

Drukai
    US
    level 30
    Main - Mordekaiser (Gunblade Lichbane Mordekaiser, none of that sissy tank crap)
    Last edited by drukai; 2011-06-15 at 07:00 AM.

I don't mean you should spend all your gold on wards >.>

But if the enemy has ganky types, especially Eve, then vision wards and oracle elixers are a necessity, unless you like a well fed Eve.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    I don't mean you should spend all your gold on wards >.>

But if the enemy has ganky types, especially Eve, then vision wards and oracle elixers are a necessity, unless you like a well fed Eve.
    Absolutely, warding is all about balance.
    I do however like to be mean when I've got an eve on my team. As soon as they drop a vision ward or pop an oracles, I'll swap lanes, thus wasting all that gold <3

my name is Anatidae i play mostly swain but love to go ap/ad heroes like TF and i recently trying to have some fun with AP cho'gath it works if u got good start

Edit: lvl 22
    Last edited by Mardo Stoneshield; 2011-06-15 at 07:22 AM.

Here is some of my favorite LoL Themed songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8smbp5hHfQk - Don't Chase.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJBph...eature=related - Pantheon's Jumping in. (and almost every song he's made)
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    If you're not buying wards, you're doing it terribly wrong. It doesn't matter what skill level you are at, or what level. Wards give you the coverage of safely being able to farm (You can't farm when you're dead/ganked). Standard ward is 75g, that's 3 creep kills.

Anyway, I'm going to write a guide on my main (Malzahar) for anybody that's interested in playing him:

Introduction:
    Malzahar is one of, if not the strongest character in League of Legends in my opinion. Don't confuse this with being overpowered though. An average Malzahar player will not beat good players just because he's playing Malz. Malzahar is all about positioning, and timing when to drop your combo on people. If you ultimate the wrong target, while being out of position, you will not survive without summoners. He is extremely squishy, and doesn't have a spell to "Deter" people from attacking him once you've used your ultimate.
    Where Malzahar shines is killing the enemy tanks (Yes, really, I'm telling you to attack the tanks first). You might stop reading here, thinking I'm totally out of my mind, but let me explain:
    Malzahar is amazing at denying those initiators from starting team fights and giving the opposing team a head start. Example: Amumu has bandage-tossed into your group and is about to stun you all with his ultimate. A skilled Malzahar will see this coming, and will have positioned his W ability on the floor where Amumu will land. As soon as he lands, you will ultimate him, which will easily eat 50-70% of his health. That is you solely doing that damage, add in the damage of the rest of the team, and he will melt.
    Malzahar punishes those initiators/tanks, making it easier for your tanks/initiators to control their carries.

Summoners:
    /
    This depends on your playstyle. If you are uncomfortable having ignite and not ghost, then run ghost. I use ignite as I'm comfortable with my positioning and knowing what I can/can't get away with. Until that point, I'd recommend running ghost. The Masteries I've provided are for people who would run Ghost. If you want to run ignite, switch the point in Improved Ghost to Good Hands 1/3

Masteries:

45 min queue to log in and grab a screenshot.

Runes:
    Reds: Magic Penetration
    Blues: AP per level
    Yellows: Ap Per Level
    Quintessences: Flat AP/Movespeed

Runes are totally subjective to the player though. Play with what you feel most comfortable

Pretty self-explanatory standard AP carry mastery page

Build order:
    Summon Voidling (Passive)
    Call of the Void
    Null Zone
    Malefic Visions
    Nether Grasp

This is the standard Malzahar skill order:
    You want to start charging up your passive at the fountain at level 1 (Spamming Q) until you're one cast away from Voidling. Join up with your team, where you will probably be roaming for a level 1 fight. If you're not going to level 1 fight (Team running to stand near turrets) then I suggest starting with "E" and getting a point in Q at level 2.

Item Build:
    Starting items: or or

This is dependent on how confident you are playing as Malzahar, and which lane you take. Generally, if I have middle, I will buy a Dorans Ring if I'm confident of being able to dominate the lane from level 1 onwards. If i'm top I will usually take Boots + 3health pots. The boots give me superior move speed if I'm ganked early game (Nunu level 2 gank for example). However, as Malzahar I rarely have to go top lane, as he is such a dominant force middle. However, some games I will take Boots when middle, and Dorans if top. It all depends on the enemy team composition (Do they have a fast / slow jungler? Can the jungler slow you, or incapacitate you in some way?) Ask yourself these questions.
    Mana Crystal + 2 Health potions is another option, but not a build I play myself. I used to rush Catalyst and then Rod of Ages. However, due to the mana return and the general range of Malzahar I found that Catalyst this early was redundant, and as such a Rod of Ages wasn't as strong as a Deathcap. I was never below 75% health if I play the lane correct. Another option, would be to rush Catalyst, but not upgrade it until mid-game into a Banshees Veil, however, doing this, I've found that you really gimp yourself where you are strongest (Level 6-15 roughly) as you won't have the raw damage that taking a more offensive route will grant.

First trip back:
    This is all depends on what you bought to begin with:
    --->
    --->
    --->

From here, the build meshes into the core items you want on Malzahar:

The first item you should rush after the first trip back is Rabadons Deathcap. It gives you so much extra damage on all your abilities, that you should never not aim to get Deathcap. If you're dominating your lane then get the Needlessly Large Rod when you can. If you're having troubles then get Blasting Wand first, then buy NLR then upgrade into Deathcap. As you become more comfortable with Malzahar you'll find it easier to get the Rod first.
    Void Staff is because you have a very formidable Damage over Time effect. Your E not only does a truckload of damage, but if a target dies with it on, it jumps to a close target and refreshes the duration back to as if you've just applied it! However, this shouldn't be the sole reason why you buy it. Void Staff should be seriously considered on all AP carry champions. It melts away a chunk of their magic resist.

In a standard game, I will upgrade my boots to after I have my Deathcap (Which I usually get around the 15-17 minute mark). Because you are middle lane, you are relatively safe from ganks and the extra movespeed is not needed as much as if you were soloing top. The added effect of magic penetration is nice, but you will be melting people without them for the time being.

After you have the core build, the route then branches out again depending on how well you're farming/what team comp you're playing against (the items are the same, but this is the order you should get them):

Heavy AP/Stuns:

Heavy AD:

Balanced Team: Decide for yourself. What targets are threatening, which champions are underfarmed/overfarmed. Make your choice dependent on that.

Final Build:

and then either or

Other items to consider:
    - Get this if you're not comfortable playing Malzahar yet, it adds a nice chunk of health/Mana/Sustainability
    - Get this if you have to kite a lot. The added health is nice, but the slowing effect is amazing. (Mainly if you have champions like Akali/Xin sitting on your 24/7) Granted, you won't survive against Akali unless you can melt her while kiting.

(Note: Will of the Ancients IS an aura item, so if somebody else benefits from it's effects as well, which is standard in the European Meta-game, then one of you should get this item)

Abilities:

Passive: Summon Voidling
    After casting 4 spells, Malzahar summons an uncontrollable Voidling to engage enemy units for 21 seconds. Voidlings have 200 + 50 x lvl Health and 20 + 5 x lvl Damage.

Voidlings Grow after 7 seconds (+50% Damage/Armor), and Frenzy after 14 seconds (+100% Attack Speed).

Explanation:
    Ahhh Voidlings. Both amazing and annoying. Amazing, because as a natural pusher of the lane, Malzahar's voidlings will assist in this. This is again a "Love/Hate" relationship because, while you will push them to their turret every 2-3 waves denying them last hits on minions (More if you expend the mana on doing so) you are opening yourselves up to ganks if you stay too long after pushing. While middle lane isn't long in regards to where you will be at early game, don't think for one second that you can't be ganked. You can, and will be if you get too cocky.
    Quick note: Voidlings will attack a target if it has Malefic Visions on it. Use this to your advantage. The only other negative about voidlings is they can't be controlled the way summons such as Tibbers can be. Voidlings can be killed by your enemy though, and it will reward them gold. Try to back off so that the little voidy follows you before it dies, not granting gold/experience to the enemy.

Q: Call of the Void
    Malzahar opens two portals to the void. After a short delay, they fire projectiles which deal 80 / 135 / 190 / 245 / 300 (+80% of ability power) magic damage and silence champions for 1.4 / 1.8 / 2.2 / 2.6 / 3 seconds.

Cost 90 / 100 / 110 / 120 / 130mana
    Range 900

Explanation:
    A very effective ability that is skill shot based. This ability is primarily used in 2 ways in team fights. The first is to single out individual targets who you believe pose a huge threat to your team (Amumu going to ult your team? Silence him for 3 seconds!). Of course, it's not just restricted to Amumu, think of the champions that can disrupt your team heavily (Vlad, Malphite, Rumble, Orianna) you get the picture. The second is to just "Go by numbers" and silence as many champions as possible. Both ways are effective, and landing that one clutch silence will win you team fights. However, you will level this skill last.

W: Null Zone
    Malzahar creates a zone of negative energy for 5 seconds. The zone damages nearby enemies for 4/5/6/7/8% (+0.01%) of their max health each second (damage to Monsters is capped).

Cooldown 16 seconds

Cost 90 / 100 / 110 / 120 / 130 mana

Range 800

Explanation:
    This ability is beyond amazing. It's this ability that lets you melt tanks, and stop those initiators from disrupting your team. "But it's just a puddle on the floor, they can walk out of it" True, but not if you ultimate them on top of the puddle, unless they are mid flash when you apply it, you will have the quicker reflexes to drop your ultimate on top of them too while they're standing in it. Your ultimate lasts 2.5 seconds.
    You will level this ability third.

E: Malefic Visions
    Malzahar infects his target's mind, dealing 80 / 140 / 200 / 260 / 320 (+80% of ability power) magic damage over 4 seconds. If the target dies during this time, the visions pass to a nearby enemy and Malzahar gains 10 / 14 / 18 / 22 / 26 mana.

Cost 60 / 75 / 90 / 105 / 120mana
    Range 600

Explanation:
    Probably my favorite ability in game for lane presence and harass. I tend to start throwing this on creeps at around spell level 2 (Champion level 3). You can pretty much AFK farm with this ability. It does so much damage, and scales so well with your ability power. Imagine at level 1, and you land Malefic Visions on a target, throw on ignite as well and you've just taken a chunk of their health straight off. Many people will now be screaming "WHY USE IGNITE SO EARLY, YOU WON'T KILL THEM" - That's besides the point. After this little exchange, they have 2 options (3 if they started with health potions). They can either 1) Go back to base, missing experience, b) Stay in the lane but play super defensive not getting CS, or 3) Use a health potion straight away, putting them behind. (They are a health potion behind already, if I start with boots +3 health pots, I have an extra 200health to mess around with). In team fights, you want to throw this on the target of your nuke combo. It just adds so much damage that you can't neglect using it.

R: Nether Grasp
    Malzahar channels the essence of the Void to suppress the target (stuns and disables summoner spells), dealing 250 / 400 / 550 (+150% of ability power) magic damage over 2.5 seconds.

Cost 150mana
    Range 575

Explanation:
    One of the best ultimates in the game in my opinion. As soon as you hit level 6, you will be a danger to anyone you lane against, as well as anyone you run across (Malzahar roaming from middle lane at 6 is so strong/effective that you're doing your team a dis-service by not doing it)
    However, just because it's strong, don't get caught out of position just to use this ability. If the other team has a brain, they will focus you, and kill you before you even get a chance to use it. Yup, it's a big bulls eye in team fights. Positioning, Positioning, Positioning. If you can beat this into your brain when playing Malzahar then you will be successful. 9/10 you will use this ability to punish enemy tanks/initiators. If you think you can get away with melting an enemy carry go for it. One less carry on an enemy team is such a DPS loss for them, that the fight will probably be lost (As long as you/your tank/your other carry gets melted that is)

Early Game:

Early game you want to play safe while farming CS. Try to last hit where you can. If you want to punish the opposing player, Malefic Visions and push the lane hard. Most champions struggle last hitting early game against a turret. When you have a voidling cast up, you have a choice; you can either go full out aggressive on the enemy champion, or, you can push the lane hard and back off. Harass the enemy when he comes in to last his with either Malefic Visions or auto-attack. If you need mana, Malefic Visions a wave, and hard push it (If it's early game, try not to Malefic visions a tank wave, you will rarely be able to kill the tank with Malefic Visions on it, making it expire). By hard push, I mean put your Malefic visions up, and auto attack it. Don't just last hit. If you can time it right early game, you can actually have malefic visions kill the last target, as the next wave runs into range, effectively clearing 2 waves with 1 spell.
    Note: This will push the lane to the enemy turret, which is the perfect time to shop, you will lose very little experience if you have 1.5/2 creep waves pushed to the enemy turret. If you're laning against a strong lane, play safe and wait till 6. When you reach 6, you can easily kill your opponent with voidling,null zone and nether grasp with a jungle gank easily. Malzahar starts to become strong at level 6, so your objective is to reach that point.

Mid Game
    This is where Malzahar truly shines. You will stay in middle lane the majority of the time, pushing the waves hard to the enemy turret, and then roam for ganks. This is especially effective because the enemy will be at the turret last hitting. By the time he realizes you are missing from the lane, it will probably be too late for a lane (Don't overextend for kills though) Roam top/bottom looking for kills. If you have gold to burn, invest in some wards and ward the enemy Red/Blue. Stopping an enemy jungler from getting these important buffs will severely impact them. If you can steal it, then all the better, if you can get a kill as well as that, then that's amazing. Just be aware, people will often leave lane to help their jungler if he gets ganked. (Also note, that from about the 7 minute mark, Junglers will often give blue buff to laners who need it (Anivia for example) - If this happens, ask your jungler if you can have blue, being able to chain cast, and not worry about mana makes Malzahar truly terrifying.

End Game
    As the game progresses, as with any caster, Malzahar will fall behind the AD carries as they can maintain high damage output while building 1-2 defensive items. Your role in team fights is, as stated earlier, melt the tanks if you can before they can hard initiate on your team. I feel I've already covered what you should be doing in team fights thoroughly enough. Just remember, stay at the back until you know you'll be safe to stop that initiate (Hopefully your tank will go in before theirs, meaning they need to reposition around you, and not the other way round)

Final Comments:
    Malzahar is a very, very strong caster with the ability to make/break team fights. Often enough, you will be relied on to silence the correct targets. Remember, it is common practice to build a Quicksilver Sash if playing against a Malzahar, so don't use your ultimate on those targets unless you are sure they have already used it. This also holds true for Gangplank, his remove Scurvy will remove your ultimate. Never use your ultimate on him, I will guarantee it will be a waste.

---------- Post added 2011-06-27 at 08:28 PM ----------

Sorry for the wall of text :P I got carried away! If you guys liked this guide however, I can make more
    Last edited by mmoc9fada5a631; 2011-06-27 at 06:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really to confused as to if the tournament is happening.

OT: I just played as Mundo and had the most epic game of... well deaths but lots of assists, I play Mundo like a tanky dps plus I'm kind of a noob and I'm playing with my friend in the lv 30 lobbies.

Any hints of how to play Mundo better, I dive a lot.
    Hey everyone

Just got 6300 IP points, I was thinking to buy Lee Sin. Any other good ones? Already have Ryz and Xin...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Just got 6300 IP points, I was thinking to buy Lee Sin. Any other good ones? Already have Ryz and Xin...
    Try Renekton (alligator looking guy) he looked pretty good.
    Hey everyone