Deleted
    Hmm, either I'm doing something wrong or just a horrible Lee Sin player, but every game that goes to like the 40 minute mark I seem to lose most of my damage D:

All I do in team fights is R someone who has a spell like Fiddles ulti, and then double E the whole enemy team, after that I feel like I would stop hitting them, and start slapping them around without actually DOING anything D:
    Yes, I target the squishies, but it feels like I could take any other AD, carry or not, and kill them twice as fast <.< I'm going for a high-AD build without any AS [which I feel like trying tbh], no one can 1v1 or 1v2 me most of the time but I seem to be a burden in 5v5 fights
    Last edited by mmocb00de5a34b; 2011-08-09 at 01:55 AM. Reason: 5 AM, brains asleep, dat grammar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grxlturd View Post
    Hmm, either I'm doing something wrong or just a horrible Lee Sin player, but every game that goes to like the 40 minute mark I seem to lose most of my damage D:

All I do in team fights is R someone who has a spell like Fiddles ulti, and then double E the whole enemy team, after that I feel like I would stop hitting them, and start slapping them around without actually DOING anything D:
    Yes, I target the squishies, but it feels like I could take any other AD, carry or not, and kill them twice as fast <.< I'm going for a high-AD build without any AS [which I feel like trying tbh], no one can 1v1 or 1v2 me most of the time but I seem to be a burden in 5v5 fights
    You need some ArP. I don't play Lee, but I know when I play MF I have to get a Last Whisper if the game starts to go past 30-40 min. And then people melt again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    You need some ArP. I don't play Lee, but I know when I play MF I have to get a Last Whisper if the game starts to go past 30-40 min. And then people melt again.
    Thing is thou, I did get LW in that long game, but it still seemed lacking :/
    I could take say Nocturne (my favorite game carrier ) and deal like 3x the damage in the same time.
    Maybe I'm just missing something (as I got Lee Sin today) but I just have this crap feeling inside me every time I need to get into teamfights lategame >.<

inb4 go to the bathroom

Well Grx, from what I know about Lee Sin, he's a bulky damage, similar to Renekton and Trundle. He was built to do less damage, but be a lot less squishy than AD carries. It's normal you could do more damage with nocturne, as he is an AD carry.

It doesn't sound like you're playing Lee Sin wrong at all, it sounds like you're expecting AD carry damage from a bulky damage dealer, which can be hard to accomplish. The best builds I've seen on Lee Sin do focus as more bulky, with damage and lifesteal, to make him damn near unkillable.

Deleted
    awesome team i just had: Wukong, MF, Ryze, Brand and Annie (me), looked at the team so i thought i might as well tank we held them out for 53 minuttes my items, Randuin's Omen, ninja boots, chain west, Chalice, thornmail and FoN i was a really good tank but my team wouldn't help me

Stupid question ahoy.

What the hell does a tank do?! I've noticed tanks usually get TONS of assists but I'm really used to the WoW tank term and thought it means I attempt to draw the fire of enemy champions and make sure allies don't lose random health from enemy minions.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Stupid question ahoy.

What the hell does a tank do?! I've noticed tanks usually get TONS of assists but I'm really used to the WoW tank term and thought it means I attempt to draw the fire of enemy champions and make sure allies don't lose random health from enemy minions.
    You are supposed to disable the enemy. Look at what amumu does. Bandage toss(stun), and then ult(snare). Leona has three stuns. Alistar charges into a group of enemies, pops his ult, and starts knocking back and up enemies, and he also heals his allies. And knocking back can be used either to push away a carry from the battle or an ally, or to push a carry into the middle of your team.

Stupid question ahoy.

Some tanks have taunts (Rammus, Shen, GGalio) others have mass slows, snares, and stuns (Amumu, Malphite, Leona). The main point of a tank is to basically do everything to make sure the carries and support aren't getting attacked.

Also, my best LoL buddy went on a vacation, so I'm stuck solo queueing now

S'pose it's not all bad though, first game Went 7-2-24 with Galio, so it is possible for me to win solo queue

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Some tanks have taunts (Rammus, Shen, GGalio) others have mass slows, snares, and stuns (Amumu, Malphite, Leona). The main point of a tank is to basically do everything to make sure the carries and support aren't getting attacked.

Also, my best LoL buddy went on a vacation, so I'm stuck solo queueing now

S'pose it's not all bad though, first game Went 7-2-24 with Galio, so it is possible for me to win solo queue
    I was playing Amumu and helped my allies escape a few times using Q and R but neither of the abilities are readily available and doing so in a 2v2 (I was play a twisted treeline 3v3 match) just let me them get a kill on me instead if I stepped into save an ally. I bought force of nature, mercury treads, doran's shield and was working on another piece of magic resist but I forgot what it was. Ended as 8/3/8 and lost the match (it was very close) and I know I should have had a lot more assists.

Should also point out I'm only level 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I was playing Amumu and helped my allies escape a few times using Q and R but neither of the abilities are readily available and doing so in a 2v2 (I was play a twisted treeline 3v3 match) just let me them get a kill on me instead if I stepped into save an ally. I bought force of nature, mercury treads, doran's shield and was working on another piece of magic resist but I forgot what it was. Ended as 8/3/8 and lost the match (it was very close) and I know I should have had a lot more assists.

The nice thing about tanks, is they are "technically" suppose to die. If a fight goes down, you die as a tank, and their carry dies to your carry, the fight was a win.

I rarely play 3v3, so I can't give too much insight there. As amumu, you can use Q to save, as you said you did. Your ult (R) is more for initiating team fights. 3v3 may have more frequent team fights, so your ult wouldn't be up as much for them.

Doesn't sound like you really did anything wrong in your game, since a tank can't exactly carry the team. As long as you got a lot of hits with your Q, used it in smart times (To save a teammate, or stop a straggler to gank him) And made sure to save your ult for initiating, you played perfectly fine.

Deleted

sounds like you did the right things, but a good tip on amumu is to get 1 point in q early on and else max W and E first

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Usually tanky chars initiate group fights in later parts of a game, jump in, stun/taunt/snare/whatever something, draw fire to your self and your team clears the enemy team. That's also where the assists come from.
    Allthough I have to admit, I'm not that experienced with LoL, just what I know about mobas in general

Deleted
    Don't know if Amumu is that good in 3vs3 though, his early game isn't that strong and without blue buff he ooms very quickly. In 5vs5 this isn't really a problem as Amumu is a great jungler, thus even benefiting his team while doing it. For 3vs3 you might be better of with a champ like Jarvan, he's tough early game while still doing great damage and giving your team a buff. By end-game he's even tougher and still does some great damage while giving your team some good utility.

But just play 5vs5, a lot more fun imo.

Add one gangplank one malphite and a monkey king.

What do you get...?

That's right AoE madness.... Played monkey king and omfg... he is imba. The enemy team couldn't do shit and clustered all the time.
    Having an ultimate that does 600DPS is really handy then (400AD on mk)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riathy View Post
    Add one gangplank one malphite and a monkey king.

What do you get...?

That's right AoE madness.... Played monkey king and omfg... he is imba. The enemy team couldn't do shit and clustered all the time.
    Having an ultimate that does 600DPS is really handy then (400AD on mk)
    Now all you need is Galio and Nunu and bam, blow every ulti and what do you get?
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

10+ Year Old Account
    I love to play against all of those guys on Lux (except Galio ). They run in to ult, I back up, W Q E E R, NERF LASERS! Ace, GG. Lux has 30 assist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knood View Post
    I've come to a conclusion about LoL.

It has the potential to be the most annoying game ever, especially if you include the chat.
    I was on a roll for a few days, until this morning. Played about 6 games today, and I've lost 5 of them, and the one that I won, I got 1/3/5.
    For LoL NOT to be the most annoying game there is, Yi and Jax needs to be nerfed.

End of rant.
    if you find jax and Yi OP you or your teammates need to l2p, Yi can be nuked down and if he has built some defense he wont do as much damage, and jax is good, but never seen him as a problem. the score 1/3/5 says you havn't been in many teamfights and also it is important to say what champion you played...

It has the potential to be the most annoying game ever, especially if you include the chat.
    I was on a roll for a few days, until this morning. Played about 6 games today, and I've lost 5 of them, and the one that I won, I got 1/3/5.
    For LoL NOT to be the most annoying game there is, Yi and Jax needs to be nerfed.

End of rant.
    my pet peeve with Jax is how early he can solo baron.... my buddy did it at lvl 17 the other day with only 4 items. i couldnt believe it. Oh and hes sheer damage for how tanky he is. A sword of the Divine trumps him 10 times out of 10 as long as you dont fight him near minions. And yi? really? Yi is VERY easy to shut down just stun him once when he ults and by the time it wears off he should be history.

Deleted
    Soooooooooo I was just in this uber losing game. Their Renekton had 8/0/1 at 10 minutes. At one point their Lee had 12/0/8 or so. All our turrets were down and 1 inhibitor, so we still had 4 towers in total and 2 inhibitors. Teamscore was like 17/32 in their favor of course.

And then it happened, for some reason we were able to kill 4 of them individually and get all the minions down. Our inhibitor respawned. We were running around the map not really knowing what to do. I got the first tower at bottom down while some others got the tower at mid down. Ported back, gathered up, we played the waiting game a bit until out of nowhere a teamfight starts. I was Amumu and was able to stun like 4 of them. Gangplank using his ulti, Veigar using his stuns, Brand using his Ulti, Monkey King doing no damage because he had the items of a Moron King and *BAMN* We won the teamfight with everyone alive and we were able to push the second Tower, the Third Tower, the inhibitor, the 2 towers at Nexus AND the nexus all by winning that 1 teamfight.

I was like, what?! Their Renekton was totally owning us, their Lee was basically unkillable if you didn't mass gank him. Their Brand wasn't that bad, their Cho'Gath could go for a pee, come back and still be at 80% health while 5 people are bashing them and their Ashe ... well .. she sucked.

10+ Year Old Account

End of rant.
    For yi, get a thornmail, he will kill himself. For Jax, get a sword of divine light and use it. Then collect gold.
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu