10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    Just went 13/3/14 as Cho
    Its ok, Sileh :< I love you still /patpat
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    Just went 13/3/14 as Cho
    WHAT?! HOW DARE YOU! FEEDER!!
    /sarcasm

Pretty nice stats. good job on that

I am playing teemo a bit more.. I like twitch but... my last games have been of lesser quality with him.
    Almost 6300IP I can buy something real soon....

Hey all picked up LoL about a year ago then kinda forgot about it. Picked it up recently since someone in my guild on WoW plays it.

Only level 12 but ive been cruising the interwebs for guides and builds for different champs. Been on mobafire.com for the most part (dunno if thats a decent site for these things) but any recommendations on websites for great guides/builds would be much appreciated.

My LoL username is standtall on US servers, if any experienced/veteran has free time and wants to take a newish player under there wing by all means any advice is welcomed.

Deleted
    I'm buying Warwick. The ideal champion for me - from lore to gameplay to game presense.

And I'm going to add another jungler to my list which includes Nocturne, Shaco, Nunu, Xin Zhao, Cho'Gath and Master Yi. I love jungling with these champs.

And man is Warwick tanky... and super sustainable!

Is the Fiddlesticks bundle worth the RP?
    Last edited by mmoc1cc94a666b; 2011-08-23 at 05:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    Aaaaah I wish I were where you are now... Once I started LoL too, and I remember how fun it was, every new champ i tried was like a whole new game.
    Then, you will start to learn what a meta game is, how to build a nicely balanced team, and hopefully you will master a few champions like a baws. Then you will learn map awareness, warding, and importance of baron and dragon. Then you will reach lvl 30, and start building full runes and mastery pages, maybe start watching pro gamers play this game, and be amazed.. Then you will start ranked game, and learn MANY things, you have no idea yet. Just brace yourself, people can be rude and mad in lvl 30 games.

And then you will be an addict.

And then, you will be where i am
    Alianthos man! Didn't know you played LoL! You gotta add me like, right away so we can play a few games!

Deleted
    back in school, little time to play LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Cleisthanes View Post
    Hey all picked up LoL about a year ago then kinda forgot about it. Picked it up recently since someone in my guild on WoW plays it.

Only level 12 but ive been cruising the interwebs for guides and builds for different champs. Been on mobafire.com for the most part (dunno if thats a decent site for these things) but any recommendations on websites for great guides/builds would be much appreciated.

My LoL username is standtall on US servers, if any experienced/veteran has free time and wants to take a newish player under there wing by all means any advice is welcomed.
    I would advice you to use http://www.solomid.net/

---------- Post added 2011-08-23 at 08:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Farec View Post
    back in school, little time to play LoL
    Uni starts again next week

10+ Year Old Account
    Uni starts again next week
    You're lucky you still have one week left, I already started a week ago.

Just had my first game with Gragas. I love that guy. Got the first blood, double kill somewhat soon after and it snowballed from there. I ended the game at 8/0/9.
    When i give my opinion I like to say that I give my 2 cents, which given the state of the economy is worthless, much like my opinion.

You're lucky you still have one week left, I already started a week ago.
    I moved in today! And I went from 200+ ping to 49 ping... o gawd I didn't think it would make that much of a difference, but it did.

Just had my first game with Gragas. I love that guy. Got the first blood, double kill somewhat soon after and it snowballed from there. I ended the game at 8/0/9.
    And ohhh yah, Gragy Wagy is a beast! If you can get a Lich Bane... it's so damn funny XD
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna try Skarner. He'll be the first champion I actually planned out the item course myself, so it'll be interesting to see how it holds out.

Shame I can't test it with full Runes/Masteries, but oh well...

Deleted
    had one of the worst lanes ever earlier today, we had a jungler they had not, so 2v1 top. The others on my team couldn't take top, as it was one of the their first times with their champs.
    I got nida, who do i face? another nida and a gragas, that both had skin for their champs.... think my score was 0-0-2 at the 15 min mark, not bad for such a horrible lane, but i had low farm though

Deleted
    I midlaned vs Lux earlier today as Anivia. I can't believe how much she kicked my arse. Even if my spell combo connected, it didn't cause enough damage. She could easily harass me down to near-lethal health levels then screen me completely. There wasn't much I could do about it, I felt.

How should I act in that scenario? What should I build? More AP to be able to counter with equal pressure, or MR/health to take her harassment better?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    I midlaned vs Lux earlier today as Anivia. I can't believe how much she kicked my arse. Even if my spell combo connected, it didn't cause enough damage. She could easily harass me down to near-lethal health levels then screen me completely. There wasn't much I could do about it, I felt.

How should I act in that scenario? What should I build? More AP to be able to counter with equal pressure, or MR/health to take her harassment better?
    i would say just a single small MR cloak should help a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Gonna try Skarner. He'll be the first champion I actually planned out the item course myself, so it'll be interesting to see how it holds out.
    Just played my first match with him....not a fan at all. They say hes hybrid but all of his abilities are ap. The only thing thats ad is the initial Q. He really isnt good IMO but worth trying on the free week if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    aiight heres the deal

i wanna get a 6.3k champ an i want a new ranged.
    i'm torn between

Miss Fortune, she has some great skins and i like bewbs.
    Or
    Karthas, love his alt and he has a cool evil skeleton face plus i herd he's kinda OP =D

anyone got any advice?

also Valor816 hit me up for a game if ya want =)
    MF is fun, a strong carry, great chaser, and can farm very easily, plus nothing is more lulzy than getting a double kill with double up

Karthus, however, being my first main hero, is what you would call a "pub stomper". Expect to get a lot of "omfg ez mode hero!!11" "lol r-button 2 win" "wtf OP?!?!?", people think he's OP because of a global ult, but it's very easy to shut karthus down, and he is far from OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post

Start with boots to dodge skillshots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    Start with boots to dodge skillshots.
    About dem skillshots, anyone know if there is an actual reason for about every skillshot to hit "outside" the actual ability animation every now and then? Nida spear comes to mind with Cho, it seems as if I were a mile away yet still the spear somehow hits me D:
    The only skillshot I can remember being "accurate" always is karthus' Q

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostycakes008 View Post
    Just played my first match with him....not a fan at all. They say hes hybrid but all of his abilities are ap. The only thing thats ad is the initial Q. He really isnt good IMO but worth trying on the free week if nothing else.
    Tried it a bit and man he's squishy. No runes, no full mastery hurts.

I want to abuse the passive by going AS Hybrid build but... ugh. Will try him a bit more but not convinced atm.

About dem skillshots, anyone know if there is an actual reason for about every skillshot to hit "outside" the actual ability animation every now and then? Nida spear comes to mind with Cho, it seems as if I were a mile away yet still the spear somehow hits me D:
    The only skillshot I can remember being "accurate" always is karthus' Q
    I remember one of the LoL guys answering a question about that in their forums. From what I remember, it basically boils down that you got hit when the spell was released and latency did the rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I remember one of the LoL guys answering a question about that in their forums. From what I remember, it basically boils down that you got hit when the spell was released and latency did the rest.
    Huh, that makes sense, brb going to go activate my hindsight so I can dodge those skillshots better \o/