Quote Originally Posted by Grxlturd View Post
    And forgot to add: People that instalock *insert top solo que list carry here* without saying a word and expect the rest of the team to pick "around" that every time.
    Funny, when I get to pick first, and decide to insta lock Galio, nobody ever complains, in fact, most people love seeing Galio in ranked games.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdothot View Post
    I did it mate nr 1 has 1540, nr 2 has 1504 (and hopes they really meant it like they said) and i'm at 1530 in 3vs3 currently
    Congrats!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Funny, when I get to pick first, and decide to insta lock Galio, nobody ever complains, in fact, most people love seeing Galio in ranked games.

Congrats!
    he can be quite powerful, I love him too. A good Galio + coordinated team = easy fights

Lol, I just looked up how many matches we did tonight...

15 consecutive matches oO and I believe about 10 were wins

Deleted
    grats on the rating, Im barely playing ranked lately, elo hell n stuff (IT DOES EXIST DONT TELL ME IT DOESN'T T_T)

Hey guys, let me join this thread

EU-West Gnannondorf from germany here. If anyone is interested in some good matches, leave me a message!

Some thoughts about Galio:
    Galio only needs a mediocre farm at the beginning to really start pissing people off. His ultimate CAN be very devastating, but (as every channeled spell/ulti) you want to make sure to get a Banshee's Veil ASAP. A team with a lot of silence and/or stun, a good flash or cleanse can almost completely neglect the effect of his ulti, rendering him useless for a few seconds. Yes, his Resolute Smite and Righteous Gust do have their early harassment potential and bring some nice utility to the table. But I still feel a bit unsure about Galio. He feels more like a support Tank or maybe even an tanky AP (at least in low-mid ELO). I just can't see him on the same level as Amumu or even Mordekaiser.

I find Galio to be quite a solid tank. If I could classify him as anything else, I would say "chaser", his smite and gust makes it cake to chase down most champions.

Laning is fun with him. I pick up a Doran's Ring to start, since if I'm soloing it help with the farm so much more, and if I'm in bot with the carry it lets me harass to no end. Standard build from there, merc treads, Banshee's, thornmail, Warmogs, GA, sell the ring and buy whatever I need more, MR or armor.

I just can't begin to explain how strong he is in bot lane. Pick up a GP5 item, then just sit in the brush the entire time, harassing and waiting to gank. Played a game with me as galio and ashe in bot, against a taric and ezreal. Ashe has 6 kills 10 minutes in, and just gets to snowball from there. All I had to do was sit in the brush, wait, fire off my Q and E, and sap away 1/3 of their health over and over. Nothing they can do, can't harass me back, my shield makes me way too bulky, can't just stay back, ashe gets free farm and I can harass at their tower if we push.

Galio's way too underrated, he's a complete beast in lane, and turns around team fights by himself in seconds.

Deleted
    well hello there. Galio is an Ap tank/support tank (imo atleast). and yeah a team with good CC can cancel your ult, but they can't if you manage to flash into their entire team and hit them all. but meh, mercury threads > galio's ult. I don't really understand why your comparing him to Amumu and Mordekaiser however, since Amumu is just plain OP, no denying it. and Morde is just plain... useless.. anyways. add me if you like bro, Renekten Eu west. And welcome :P

EU-West needs more Galio players, maybe that would change my mind

Just haven't seen a lot of them, besides the usual "instapicklock the free random hero I don't own"-Trolls who just completely screw up the game

Just started playing LoL today. Fun so far hopefully I can learn some stuff fast and get good. Doesn't look too complicated but then again don't know much about it yet.

Deleted
    hey! i instalocked random hero i dont have (talon) and I carried the game :P talon's damage is sick btw O_O. ended up being able to 1v3 their squishies.
    13/5/0 endscore.

@hawtlol welcome to Lol, an awesome game that tends to however have a shitty community! If you want some help, feel free to add me Renekten (if you Eu-west that is) otherwise im fairly sure people in this thread or from your server will be able to help ^^.

P.S : NOOOOO MY 8 WIN STREAK IS BROKEN. DAMN YOU KARMA WHY U SO CRAP!
    Last edited by mmoc05bd575a48; 2011-09-13 at 10:50 AM.

Also tried talon, sadly we had one leaver (Sona) at start and annie afk'd (was mid) after she got owned by akali...
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I find Galio to be quite a solid tank. If I could classify him as anything else, I would say "chaser", his smite and gust makes it cake to chase down most champions.

Galio is worse than the top tier tanks - Amumu, Alistair etc. He compensates by having good chasing abilities and high nuke damage (Q+E can wreck squishies if you have some AP or M-Pen).

He is quite decent in some comps, I've seen amazing combos with Nunu+Galio ults, including quadra kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post
    and Morde is just plain... useless.. anyways.
    Morde is a great char, many people seem to just herpaderp on him considering him to be easy. He's the best pusher in the game and after level 6 he can 1v1 basically anyone, especially if there are creeps nearby.

I've seen Morde played even in championships.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Deleted
    Morde is incredibly flawed.
    If he doesn't push, he can't use abilities. oh look its a squishy easily harrasble morde! GG
    If he does push and uses his ability, he will have pushed the lane, opening him up for a very easy gank since he has no escape ability or CC whatsoever (which is also why he is a bad tank). sure he does good damage for being so tanky in mid-late. but no cc man, fucks it up.
    and his ult? meh, QSS, remove it, ???, profit

Morde isn't flawed, you just play him different than other champs.

At the beginning, hes kind of a "high risk - high gain" char. If you mess up your passive and catch every harass ability flying around - yeah, your screwed. If you push too hard to their tower in early game and their jungler (or whoever) decides to give you a spank, you better have your Ghost ready.
    But hide your kids if someone makes the mistake to let Morde farm without harassing him in any way. And his ult? Consider the %-dmg of maximum Health it is doing, while healing for the same amount (use this on Vlad or Mundo..) Throw in some Armor and MR plus his shield and you have a walking blender-tank which is able to squeeze out some ridiculous damage.

Deleted
    Hey guys My name is Ély and i just want to show you a small kill compilation i made! - If you like it please sub! more to come and commentaries to follow!

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antueater View Post
    Morde isn't flawed, you just play him different than other champs.

At the beginning, hes kind of a "high risk - high gain" char. If you mess up your passive and catch every harass ability flying around - yeah, your screwed. If you push too hard to their tower in early game and their jungler (or whoever) decides to give you a spank, you better have your Ghost ready.
    But hide your kids if someone makes the mistake to let Morde farm without harassing him in any way. And his ult? Consider the %-dmg of maximum Health it is doing, while healing for the same amount (use this on Vlad or Mundo..) Throw in some Armor and MR plus his shield and you have a walking blender-tank which is able to squeeze out some ridiculous damage.
    Morde is very strong, and even ganks on him can go bad, i have several times gotten a double kill then they ganked me solo top, because the solo laner on their team had low health.

Quote Originally Posted by Farec View Post
    Morde is very strong, and even ganks on him can go bad, i have several times gotten a double kill then they ganked me solo top, because the solo laner on their team had low health.
    We call this a Skill Gate character. Really bad for some, not all bad for others.

Deleted
    Yeah but, who is ACTUALLY stupid enough to let him farm? :P
    morde is just not a viable option tbh. there are way better tanks/tanky dps out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Riathy View Post
    Also tried talon, sadly we had one leaver (Sona) at start and annie afk'd (was mid) after she got owned by akali...
    Just tried Talon then. He seems ok, his damage is pretty good, and r + w can do some massive damage in team fights. Just feels a bit squishy =(
    Might give him a few more goes though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Deleted
    He's ok, i'd still prefere akali over talon though.
    oh and, fuck rammus.

Deleted
    Get away from my Talon, he's mine!111 especially after I found out in my TT-marathon that he can be played in ranked 3v3, too (and is quite devastating there)