Quote Originally Posted by Rebirthdid View Post
    So I recently started playing LoL, played alot of dota before, where i played dwarf sniper. I'm currently looking for a ranged like him. I've played with caitlyn so far, I really like her but I just feel like she's missing something. More direct dps abilities, would be great. Are there any summoners like that?
    Check Tristana out. Her innate increases attack distance over time and all of her abilities are tailored to direct damage (or an escape if needed) She's right up Sniper's alley. Or maybe Miss Fortune would work for you too.

Deleted
    Thanks alot. Think I'll save points Miss Fortune, She sounds REALLY awesome ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Tristana is free if you [like] LoL on Facebook. Cheapest champ you'll ever get.

Just think you need to go there through the LoL-site.

Deleted
    At last. First good game with Udyr. Went 8/2/14. We won. 54 mins. Like i suspected, if game goes long enough (30+ minutes) and teams are roughly equal, Udyr has a chance to be a real threat. At my level of play at least. Very good survivability and very decent damage at the same time. Falling in love with Udyr <3. Ehh if only there were more of the long and equal games and not games which are won/lost in first 15-25 minutes due one team being feeders. Which is like 80% of time -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luedieniel View Post
    Well ofcourse they're going to be raging, we all know LoL is made up of people who couldn't handle the more advanced games known as DotA and HoN(Apparently denying is vely hard!)
    No LoL is played by people who like to have fun in their fast paced games. Not play a game made in 2004 in the WCIII engine (thats what vamp beast is for) nor to play a game that is literally just denying.

OURS IS THE FURY -- Baratheon

Deleted
    dont feed the troll

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHunt View Post
    At last. First good game with Udyr. Went 8/2/14. We won. 54 mins. Like i suspected, if game goes long enough (30+ minutes) and teams are roughly equal, Udyr has a chance to be a real threat. At my level of play at least. Very good survivability and very decent damage at the same time. Falling in love with Udyr <3. Ehh if only there were more of the long and equal games and not games which are won/lost in first 15-25 minutes due one team being feeders. Which is like 80% of time -.-
    what items are you getting first and what skills are you maxing first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PnBoots View Post
    what items are you getting first and what skills are you maxing first.
    starting with boots + health pots. Everyone's obsessed with harassing ffs. Then wriggles, ninja tabi or mercury's, phage, sheen (somewhere later -> trinity), rest depending on enemy. Skills W -> E, Q inbetween, R usually last. Tho i feel tempted to play with that. Feel free to criticize.

Not jungling? As Udyr? What is wrong with you!?! :P Seriously though, getting w is nigh pointless now. The nerfs have made it something that helps you tank dragon and baron and maybe thier bruiser for longer, your q should provide you with all the sustain you need when coupled with lifesteal. Most games, I end up getting 3 points in turtle... 1 at 11 or so, and the last to at 17 and 18. Q and E provide much more power, and r gives a deecent dps boost. W just doesn't make the cut now a days with its terrible base and almost no level scaling.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebirthdid View Post
    So I recently started playing LoL, played alot of dota before, where i played dwarf sniper. I'm currently looking for a ranged like him. I've played with caitlyn so far, I really like her but I just feel like she's missing something. More direct dps abilities, would be great. Are there any summoners like that?
    Closest to sniper from DotA is Caitlyn imo.

Quote Originally Posted by PnBoots View Post
    da fuck you talking about, malz and anivia are far from fotm ap casters lol. Morgana if anything is FoTM and ritefully so as she is absolutley ridiculous. And you failed to mention the best ap caster still (orianna) either way malz and anivia are pretty bad.
    Morgana is not a nuke mage, she is a support. She needs to be very very fed to blow people up like Brand or Malz. Also avoiding her Q (which is soooo hard) cripples her whole damage combo.

Her strongest skill is Black Shield anyway. Not saying she's bad, just a different type of AP char.

Orianna's early game has been nerfed, we don't know how that's going to affect her yet. Her harass capability has gone down a lot with the range/mana nerf on Attack. I'm reserving judgment for now.

Malz and Anivia are very good if played well. Malz is admittedly better in certain circumstances, Anivia can't do jackshit without her team.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Orianna's early game has been nerfed, we don't know how that's going to affect her yet. Her harass capability has gone down a lot with the range/mana nerf on Attack. I'm reserving judgment for now.
    Orianna pushed back to support role, she can't keep up pressure in a solo mid environment any more against stronger champions (like Malz and Anivia!). This is my experience lately, anyway.

The better AP champions tend to be those with a reliable CC, consider that for a while. The main exceptions to this rule are Anivia and Brand, who both just do so damn much AoE damage it doesn't really matter if they can lock you down for three seconds, you won't live that long.

Any advice on Talon and the "correct" way to play with him would be greatly appreciated. I get some of the lingo and what I don't get I'll figure out but anything about how to perform well with him could help me learn him a little better.

I'm currently just sticking with one person to learn the game and him the best I can, is that even a good idea?

How new are you? If you don't know the items and heros all that well, just keep playing anything and everything until you have a good grasp of what everything does, that will help you the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Any advice on Talon and the "correct" way to play with him would be greatly appreciated. I get some of the lingo and what I don't get I'll figure out but anything about how to perform well with him could help me learn him a little better.

I'm currently just sticking with one person to learn the game and him the best I can, is that even a good idea?
    I wouldn't recommend Talon as a starting char.

He's tricky.

He can be one of the best assassins if you're an experienced player, but I wouldn't suggest seriously picking him up until you've played at least 100-150 games with players.

Pick some of the lower "difficulty" champs for now, to learn (check the difficulty bar in their character sheets or turn on the "recommended" filter in champ tab).

For guides, I recommend http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guides

Pick the champ you're interested in, turn on filter to "Rating - highest" and look for guides ranked "Excellent" or "Great". There are some very good guides there.

As you play more you'll create your own item builds for your favorite champs, the ones you are comfortable with in different situations. LoL is all about experience.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im playing with Annie atm
    i go with
    Amplyfing tome > Dorans Ring > Mejais Soulstealer > Rod of ages > Rylais Crystal Scepter > Rabadons Deathcap > Void Staff

Im going for "Nuke" style, anyone know if im doing it correctly?

Deleted
    Pick the champ you're interested in, turn on filter to "Rating - highest" and look for guides ranked "Excellent" or "Great". There are some very good guides there.

As you play more you'll create your own item builds for your favorite champs, the ones you are comfortable with in different situations. LoL is all about experience.
    Yeah, do this. I tried to start with Anivia/Udyr back then and I sucked hard, rofl. Then I tried Kassadin, Poppy and Singed and got better An easy champ to start with, similar to Talon would maybe be Pantheon, he can also be quite fun (especially in non-ranked-still-leveling-games)

btw, can I get a hug? Had a huuuuge lose-streak today (only 2 wins in my match-history...holy fuck...) because of trollers, griefers and overfed enemies :x

Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    i go with
    Amplyfing tome > Dorans Ring > Mejais Soulstealer > Rod of ages > Rylais Crystal Scepter > Rabadons Deathcap > Void Staff

"nuke"-style always right with Annie. If you kill your enemies before they kill you, you're doing it right (this basically is the gameplay almost every AP-mage nowadays follows)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    i go with

Start with Doran's imo.

100 health and mp5 is much better than 5 more AP early game.

Rod of Ages is situational. You don't always have time to stack it, but I guess Annie needs the additional HP... dunno.

As to Mejai - I personally really dislike snowball items. If you're not stomping everyone - they suck hard. If you're stomping everyone - why not start building something better that doesn't depend on not getting killed like Rylai or Rabadon?

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    How new are you? If you don't know the items and heros all that well, just keep playing anything and everything until you have a good grasp of what everything does, that will help you the most.
    Brand new. I'm memorizing items and skills purchases right now for Talon though.

I wouldn't recommend Talon as a starting char.

He's tricky.

He can be one of the best assassins if you're an experienced player, but I wouldn't suggest seriously picking him up until you've played at least 100-150 games with players.

Pick some of the lower "difficulty" champs for now, to learn (check the difficulty bar in their character sheets or turn on the "recommended" filter in champ tab).

For guides, I recommend http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guides

Awesome, thanks for the advice.

But I have a quick question. I am pretty crafty when it comes to gaming and I learn fast. Would it not be more beneficial for me to pick a trickier, more difficult champion from the start to become like a master of them? And perhaps learn the game by being tough on myself? I dont mind losing so that isn't a factor to me against bots.

If it's more beneficial for me to choose like Garren or something to learn the game better than I'll do it. I was just under the impression that picking a harder class to play, learning it early and rocking hard with it will force me to learn faster and make me a bit more powerful out of the gate.

Again, ty for the replies and the advice.

Dorans first if you are getting a dorans item. You also have to be very careful with snowball items (mejas leviathan occult) because they are only worth the gold past 8 stacks. Before that, they are a waste. So make damn sure you can keep 8 stacks or there is no reason to have a mejas.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    [COLOR=#222222]Awesome, thanks for the advice.

But I have a quick question. I am pretty crafty when it comes to gaming and I learn fast. Would it not be more beneficial for me to pick a trickier, more difficult champion from the start to become like a master of them? And perhaps learn the game by being tough on myself? I dont mind losing so that isn't a factor to me against bots.

If it's more beneficial for me to choose like Garren or something to learn the game better than I'll do it. I was just under the impression that picking a harder class to play, learning it early and rocking hard with it will force me to learn faster and make me a bit more powerful out of the gate.

Again, ty for the replies and the advice.
    I don't consider myself very bad either. I'm a long time WoW PvPer on multiple classes, I played DotA back in the day.

But I still stick to what I've said because that's the way I learned.

LoL has a lot of non-champion related important mechanics. Out-zoning, harassing, last-hitting, setting up ganks, tower diving (and sometimes - tower kiting/hugging :P), learning the right item builds for different situations (buying armor against dangerous AD carries, buying M-res against dangerous AP carries etc).

Learning stat synergy for different champs and champ types.

And one of the most important things - slowly learning your opponents. The game has more than 70 champs already and most of the more experienced summoners remember what each of them does and how to play against them (at least approximately).

You won't learn much if you play a difficult squishy assassin from level 1 and die to brutalizer (non-deliberate LoL pun, kek...) champs like Garen, which destroy you in early game which in turn often leads to a snowballing defeat on lower levels.

Lots of stuff to learn.

Burdening yourself with a difficult char will result in all those lessons learned poorly because you were focused on mastering him. Plus, low-hp chars aren't the best ones to start with imo.

And, hey, nothing wrong with Garen =) I play him a lot on 30th level, he's an awesome champ and not as simple as people think. Lots of "recommended" or low difficulty champs are great even at high levels.
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-09-19 at 02:41 AM.