10+ Year Old Account
    That lee sin skin.

It's already been dubbed the bruce lee skin.

It didn't quite look like what I expected it to in game, but it's still awesome. Much better than the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hmm. Well, Taric's heal refreshes quicker off basic attacks. So that was the thinking behind Nashor's + his passive. So just sorta ignore the passive... um, okay then.

Is Taric typically played as a healer type or tanky type?

Thought I was gonna be healing like a boss all game, but I sorta didn't have to heal much. Could be we didn't really have many team fights. Mostly was stunning with E and running in circles. The other support heroes seem pretty defined at a role-- not sure on Taric yet. First time playing and all.
    You're both. Your item build should provide enough CDR (and an occasional auto attack) to deal with the cooldown on your heal.

If you want to go full healing you'd be better off going AP + CDR which isn't recommended because you will be dropped like a sack of shit.

The aura build provides you with defenses and great utility for you and your team. Plenty of CDR, defenses and utility.

Okay, thanks! Will try later tonight.

Much better advice here than on other LoL outlets. I actually do appreciate advice/insights.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Okay, thanks! Will try later tonight.

Much better advice here than on other LoL outlets. I actually do appreciate advice/insights.
    Anytime! Always enjoy helping others out.

15+ Year Old Account
    The one group of players in LoL that I really really hate the most are those who can't win with a bit of humility. It pisses me off to no end when someone says "GG" like half way through the game, or "Surrender!" Just makes me want to keep the game going for as long as possible in hopes of irritating the fuck out of them, but chances are it doesn't. I just wish people didn't have the stupid desire to taunt their enemy.

Deleted
    I've started building Stark's Fervor as my first item when I support two AD damage dealers, I think it works fine but do you think it makes sense?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    The one group of players in LoL that I really really hate the most are those who can't win with a bit of humility. It pisses me off to no end when someone says "GG" like half way through the game, or "Surrender!" Just makes me want to keep the game going for as long as possible in hopes of irritating the fuck out of them, but chances are it doesn't. I just wish people didn't have the stupid desire to taunt their enemy.
    Agree. Also people that get ganked mid and then start harassing the enemy jungler like: OMG STOP BABYSITTING N00B. COME 1vs1

Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post
    I've started building Stark's Fervor as my first item when I support two AD damage dealers, I think it works fine but do you think it makes sense?
    I can definitely see Stark's being a fine pick if you have a lot of auto attackers in your team, but building it as a first item is kinda meh.

Its individual components are really bad for you as a supporter and if you compare the gold you spend to finish the Stark's you could also finish either an Aegis or Shurelyas, both giving you a lot more beef and in case of Shurelyas a way more important movementspeed buff.

So I would rather advice you to go on using the more standard way of building support. However, Stark's after Shurelyas and/or Aegis seems legit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antueater View Post
    I can definitely see Stark's being a fine pick if you have a lot of auto attackers in your team, but building it as a first item is kinda meh.

Its individual components are really bad for you as a supporter and if you compare the gold you spend to finish the Stark's you could also finish either an Aegis or Shurelyas, both giving you a lot more beef and in case of Shurelyas a way more important movementspeed buff.

So I would rather advice you to go on using the more standard way of building support. However, Stark's after Shurelyas and/or Aegis seems legit.
    Well this is where I've been thinking. 20% life steal, 20% attack speed and -20 armor doesn't only make my auto attackers harder to kill; it also increases their damage output by a substantial amount. I want to finish the Shurelya's asap ofc but since I lose to the gp5 from it I'd usually rather build it as the second item.

Not hating on Aegis or anything, it's just that Stark's feels like it has more impact on the game with an AD heavy team.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well this is where I've been thinking. 20% life steal, 20% attack speed and -20 armor doesn't only make my auto attackers harder to kill; it also increases their damage output by a substantial amount. I want to finish the Shurelya's asap ofc but since I lose to the gp5 from it I'd usually rather build it as the second item.

Not hating on Aegis or anything, it's just that Stark's feels like it has more impact on the game with an AD heavy team.
    Imo Aegis is more important than stark's, even for an AD heavy team. Gives your team Armor and MR, and is very cost effective item. While Stark's is a definite boost, I think having Aegis just benefits your team more early game.

i completely understand where ur coming from Mest

starks does feel a LOT stronger the earlier you get it, compared to aegis/shurelyas

however, ive found over a lot of games, that it can be a kinda of coin toss as to which direction the game goes from that point

either, ur team scores a bunch of fast kills that the opponents werent ready for, or ur team gives up a few easy kills from being too squishy.
    it kinda depends on how ur teammates are gearing tbh.

if they are most/all getting at least one kinda defensive item early on, then by all means speed the starks through
    but if they are still glass cannon, then the aegis is the safer bet.

i know for a long time i severely underestimated the sona aura + aegis aura combo, but the results ive gotten with it have swayed my opinion on it
    even to the point of going aegis then starks/will of ancients THEN shurelyas last.

i know i should really be getting shurelyas earlier, but i kinda like the later surprise use of it, when they arent expecting the turbo rush teamfight, and it can really turn a match

Why there's no new champion info yet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    cos its secretly just jax next week :> i jokes probs cos there isnt one this week because of skins and jaxremake probs one next week instead.

As for the starks debate.

It entirely depends on your team, personally i would go aegis then starks then finish shurelyais up if its heavy ad, otherwise aegis then shurelya.
    But you also have to be aware there are many junglers who build aegis anyway (personally i dont i rush frozen heart on most junglers unless theres a ryze on my team) but some junglers just build aegis alot, its there playstle at which point its not as needed. when i see a jungler build that and im support i go starks or wota depending on setup. And partly whos getting ed on our team, eg. if the ap carry mid is 6/2 or something ill get a will just to keep him alive more. If theres 2 ap and they already both get WotA, then theres no point and ill get starks or do shurelyas first.

more rambling :> its entirely game dependant, generally games are won or lost before you get this far in a support build anyway. Not saying a baron steal could swing it back but generally games are over in the first 15 minutes from experience.

Not that that stops me from not surrendering and keep on trying

Wouldn't build it first. First take care of your defenses I'd say. You should have enough damage to kill the enemy anyway. Stark's just makes it easier.

Deleted
    starks is a very good item if you have people who rely on auto attacks to do their damage, rather than by spamming attacks.

if you can position yourself properly i don't really see the need to build so defensively when you are support. as a jungler i usually buy shurelya's so i don't really think another is needed, unless you really do suck at being in the right places at the right times.

the -20 armor reduction on starks is more than the bonus aegis gives your team, so you effectively have more armor in comparison to the enemies. not to mention that the 20% attack speed and the 20% life steal give insane damage and sustain buffs. but yes, it is extremely situational though and there are only a few situations when it is a good choice. when the chance is there though, it is fucking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    I hope there aren't any for a while and they focus more on making all the current champions as viable as possible.
    Last edited by Geist19; 2012-01-11 at 03:08 PM. Reason: typo

Garen could use a rework to be honest.

@taric discussion:

I really hope you play him with the defensive masteries. Make him a lot stronger and nearly impossible to kill unless focussed.

I usually go Philo, HoG, Boots as my Core then depending on a few factors:

- facerolling: Shurelias -> Aegis

- slightly ahead/even match/behind: Aegis -> Shurelias

Last game I got tons of gold from assists and some kills early in lane (ad carry dead or he'd have survived).

Aegis, Shurelias, Mercs, Frozen heart (they had 3 ADs) and wit's end (Our AD sucked positionwise -> got gibbed instantly so no starks) + wards.

Both top and mid had Wota so the only alternative would ahve been an abysals instead of the wits end but I enjoyed scaring the enemy. They either let me run around and stun whoever I wanted to and reducing my CD on heal by constantly chipping at their ad or ap or they cc'd/bursted me down resulting in my team beging able to do wahtever they wanted. Win - Win for us

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    TIME TO CHANGE ZE TOPIC :

On Talon, what should i upgrade IE into? If im playing really safe and i know its a win and i wont die i get BT, but if its not, any clue?
    I usually go for Brutal > Hexdrinker ( if 3x AP ) > CDR Boots > by now im a bit lost and not THAT sure what to get for dmg

Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    @taric discussion:

I really hope you play him with the defensive masteries. Make him a lot stronger and nearly impossible to kill unless focussed.

I usually go Philo, HoG, Boots as my Core then depending on a few factors:

- facerolling: Shurelias -> Aegis

- slightly ahead/even match/behind: Aegis -> Shurelias

Last game I got tons of gold from assists and some kills early in lane (ad carry dead or he'd have survived).

Aegis, Shurelias, Mercs, Frozen heart (they had 3 ADs) and wit's end (Our AD sucked positionwise -> got gibbed instantly so no starks) + wards.

Both top and mid had Wota so the only alternative would ahve been an abysals instead of the wits end but I enjoyed scaring the enemy. They either let me run around and stun whoever I wanted to and reducing my CD on heal by constantly chipping at their ad or ap or they cc'd/bursted me down resulting in my team beging able to do wahtever they wanted. Win - Win for us
    Why would you play defensive masteries on a support? The gains in the utility tree are far better for a support role.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    TIME TO CHANGE ZE TOPIC :

On Talon, what should i upgrade IE into? If im playing really safe and i know its a win and i wont die i get BT, but if its not, any clue?
    I usually go for Brutal > Hexdrinker ( if 3x AP ) > CDR Boots > by now im a bit lost and not THAT sure what to get for dmg
    I would get a Trinity Force after CDR boots. I really love it. Extra damage when you strike with your Q and a chance to slow gaining 10% increased damage on auto attacks. Not to mention the movement speed increase.

I usually get a Sheen after or before The Brutalizer followed by a Phage or BF sword depending on how I'm doing. You can stick the CDR boots anywhere in-between. I usually get regular boots and upgrade them after my Brutalizer.