That's not the game mode's fault though. So the mode can't really be gimmicky, so much as the genre is a gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    Its their ability to get around the map. Rammus and Teemo move so fucking fast they can just win by capping stuff under the enemy's nose.
    Doing that puts the team at a disadvantage. meaning it'll be a 3v4 for the most part. Also it means that those champions don't have any killing power if all they do is run around capping flags, therefore you get someone who's a very good brawler and just wreck them with a slow. It's not hard. Rammus does jack for damage and if it becomes a problem buy mobility boots and follow him around. He won't be able to cap flags and once he dies or B's go join your team. Or play draft.
    Last edited by Zoloft; 2012-02-22 at 05:49 AM.

Deleted
    Rammus > bruisers, but once an AP shows up he is gone. You build rammus for utility/disruption, not damage. A thornmail and a taunt on bruiser equals major hurt and a bruiser that is not mashing your AP. I have over 70% win on solo queue dominion, I would love a ranked, though I'd also hate it due to it being so easily facerolled.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoloft View Post
    Doing that puts the team at a disadvantage. meaning it'll be a 3v4 for the most part. Also it means that those champions don't have any killing power if all they do is run around capping flags, therefore you get someone who's a very good brawler and just wreck them with a slow. It's not hard. Rammus does jack for damage and if it becomes a problem buy mobility boots and follow him around. He won't be able to cap flags and once he dies or B's go join your team. Or play draft.
    Thing is, the secret to success in Dominion is basically have a Teemo/Rammus and a team of tanky DPS. The tanky DPS may not be able to win in a 4v5, but under a capture point, they will be ridiculously hard to oust. Meanwhile the Teemo/Rammus is capping your other points while you are trying to get the tanky DPS out. Send someone to go interrupt him, then never get the tanky DPS out.

A game mode shouldn't have an "always win" factor like that. Its ridiculously unbalanced compared to SR, and that's fine, but for that reason it should never have a ranked option.

That again, kinda just sounds like the design of AOS style strategy games conflicts with CP game modes. The trouble is the way champions are created. Not the mode.

Dominion is fine as a concept- no less a gimmick than SR. However, gameplay principally revolves around one of those modes.

[Although, I am not arguing for a ranked Dom option. Don't care about ranked play, personally.]

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    That again, kinda just sounds like the design of AOS style strategy games conflicts with CP game modes. The trouble is the way champions are created. Not the mode.

Dominion is fine as a concept- no less a gimmick than SR. However, gameplay principally revolves around one of those modes.

[Although, I am not arguing for a ranked Dom option. Don't care about ranked play, personally.]
    Alright, I'll clarify a bit: Dominion ranked would be a gimmick

10+ Year Old Account
    I had fun yesterday.... Alistar + Tristana bot lane.

By the end of the game, I had a double Bloodthirster, Phantom Dancer, Infinity Edge (which I got around the ~15 minute mark), Guardian Angel, Boots and all elixers. It's fun. Right click something and they drop dead. Then click the next target. 17/7/10 and 325 CS were the end stats if I remember right.

Main account, so no lowbies being crushed

Deleted
    What's the general word on the GP10 seals?

I recently bought a set of GP10 seals and quints for my supports and I must say I'm very pleased with the rate my GP10 accelerates, I feel like I always get upper hand over other supports in terms of gold and wards.

@mest

lovin my gp10 seals, still wish they were a tad stronger, but it is definitely a noticible difference when wearing them.

my opinion is, if that extra ward from extra gold saves me even once, its worth it. makes longer laning phases more tolerable too.
    Last edited by reverendball; 2012-02-22 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    Only used on support. But if used on support, sweet.

Thing is, the secret to success in Dominion is basically have a Teemo/Rammus and a team of tanky DPS. The tanky DPS may not be able to win in a 4v5, but under a capture point, they will be ridiculously hard to oust. Meanwhile the Teemo/Rammus is capping your other points while you are trying to get the tanky DPS out. Send someone to go interrupt him, then never get the tanky DPS out.

A game mode shouldn't have an "always win" factor like that. Its ridiculously unbalanced compared to SR, and that's fine, but for that reason it should never have a ranked option.

If they are sitting under a point then go try and back cap them and surprise them in the jungle. It'd be stupid to towerdive 3 people unless you have Alistar with garrison or someone similar. Or go gank bottom lane and cap their close point. There are better options than just tower diving 3 tanky dps. Or kill the rammus who's roaming around then towerdive them with garrison. Or you can play draft and never deal with him ever again along with the others that are annoying too deal with. That's the point of draft.
    Last edited by Zoloft; 2012-02-22 at 04:20 PM.

I don't think ranked dominion would be a good idea, because then they would be forced to maintain a high level of balance in both game modes. That being said, Dominion is fairly balanced, however global ultimates are much bigger threats than a rammus/teemo roaming around, it's usually very predictable, and having a roamer between the two points assisting where needed usually counters that.

There are a lot more viable champs in dominion than people make it out to be. In general I have found that most "OP" heroes have a counter in dominion, i.e. akali = buy lightbring/hextech sweeper. This is in normal games though, I have no idea what ranked gameplay would degenerate too, or what op combo is yet to be found.
    Btw, those tanky dps under towers are really weak to harasses usually. Also if shaco/heimer are camping a point, just attack their mid(or wherever) instead, where they are forced to either leave their comfort zone, or just stay and watch as their point is capped.

Past two days of solo queue and the only game I won at all was because someone dc'd on the other team last night. At least my Olaf jungle is getting better. While my Trundle play is still superior, Olaf seems to have a better capacity for carrying in solo, at least my experience so far. Though, even if I do well it can be completely negated by a AP Teemo at 3/9 and a revive/heal Talon at 4/10 within 20 mins of a game. "Oh hey, there's an enemy Nautilus, let's attack him and completely ignore that Cass in the back melting our faces off". Oh well.

I wonder if I should run exhaust/smite instead of ghost/smite on Olaf? I usually have no problems getting away from a bad situation (mainly because I try not to facecheck and get in bad situations to begin with), with tier 2 boots he already scoots around the map pretty efficiently, and even when I get caught with my ult down ghost wasn't going to help me anyways.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-02-22 at 04:42 PM.

Alright, I'll clarify a bit: Dominion ranked would be a gimmick
    lol yea it would. haha.

If they are sitting under a point then go try and back cap them and surprise them in the jungle. It'd be stupid to towerdive 3 people unless you have Alistar with garrison or someone similar. Or go gank bottom lane and cap their close point. There are better options than just tower diving 3 tanky dps. Or kill the rammus who's roaming around then towerdive them with garrison. Or you can play draft and never deal with him ever again along with the others that are annoying too deal with. That's the point of draft.
    You move bot, they push top and take your shit. Back to square one.

But yes, draft solves many problems, but its not guaranteed to get rid of the cheap champions.

You move bot, they push top and take your shit. Back to square one.

But yes, draft solves many problems, but its not guaranteed to get rid of the cheap champions.
    Not really. If you sent someone with good ganking potential like WW you can quickly take out their bot laner and go back up to the fight. Another thing to note is that Tanky dps generally don't have good poke, so generally its better to just poke them down then get a tank to dive them. The only champions who I think are cheap in dominion are Rammus and Yorick, but even then they have counters, just not the most convenient ones. The rest like shaco/akali are easy to deal with and all you need to do is buy a hextech sweeper/lightbringer or counter pick them.

It might sound retarded, but usually I rush Last whisper + vamp scepter if I'm against a Rammus as a AD in dominion. Remember thornmail damage gets calculated before armor. It has helped me really cut through those Rammus's that thought they were immortal ^^ Give it a try, it will also go quite well into late game (15 min lol) when others start building armor here and there.

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 12:36 AM ----------

Not really. If you sent someone with good ganking potential like WW you can quickly take out their bot laner and go back up to the fight. Another thing to note is that Tanky dps generally don't have good poke, so generally its better to just poke them down then get a tank to dive them.
    I agree with this, its a good idea to sometimes just pop bot and then sprint back up, can really turn the tides. Also it's usually good to have someone with a wide range/global ulti bot, because someone like TF/Karth/Panth, can easily turn the tides of a 4v4 top, go back if needed, and be right back at bot before they could do anything (provided you weren't pushed)

I understand what people mean by "elo hell". Granted I'm not in it, I just started rank games yesterday after having nearly 900 normal wins under my belt. Went 7-1 in rank games yesterday, all of them being easier than my normal games, only losing that one because our jungle Xin fed about 12 kills and would charge into the entire enemy team at random. Also from our Vlad mid who refused to buy a Negatron cloak despite being destroyed by their LeBlanc. I would have been able to carry seeing as how they weren't good, just fed, but I was playing support Sona.

From that game, and beating the enemy team all of the other games, I can understand why there is an elo hell. Almost the whole enemy team would be derping, granted mine was too, but it's also very easy to carry as duo queue Yorick top/Lee jungle.

Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    I understand what people mean by "elo hell". Granted I'm not in it, I just started rank games yesterday after having nearly 900 normal wins under my belt. Went 7-1 in rank games yesterday, all of them being easier than my normal games, only losing that one because our jungle Xin fed about 12 kills and would charge into the entire enemy team at random. Also from our Vlad mid who refused to buy a Negatron cloak despite being destroyed by their LeBlanc. I would have been able to carry seeing as how they weren't good, just fed, but I was playing support Sona.

From that game, and beating the enemy team all of the other games, I can understand why there is an elo hell. Almost the whole enemy team would be derping, granted mine was too, but it's also very easy to carry as duo queue Yorick top/Lee jungle.
    I started playing the game the week S1 ended. As soon as ranked games where up again i hopped in. I had 2 months of LoL experience, only owned 8 champions and could play out of them perhaps 2-3 properly. I ended up getting ranked at 1100. For me elo hell was quite real. I had to work my ass off to work my way up. Only got to 1500 after about 500 games.

If you have someone that can secure you a good win rate in your first 20-30 games you can easily skip the whole elo hell thing. Unfortunately i still don't have a duo partner
    Signature by Tacy :]

10+ Year Old Account
    So... my mastery pages turned sour. For some reason the game keeps auto-selecting my 'Toppy' page, no matter what I tell it to use.

Any way to permanently fix this other than to keep editing the page over and over?