1. #8701
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    (´・ω・`)
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Fed Trynd is skill.

    Also, AlaitocinlolthreadagainwhatareyoudoinghereJesus.
    I lurk this subforum quite a lot when I would normally be playing LoL but can't because none of my friends are online.

    I've pretty much given up on solo queue after hitting 30.

  2. #8702
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    I lurk this subforum quite a lot when I would normally be playing LoL but can't because none of my friends are online.

    I've pretty much given up on solo queue after hitting 30.
    Well why don't you ever ask me. ._.

  3. #8703
    Stood in the Fire EnìgmaEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    384
    Can we please have ranked Dominion.

  4. #8704
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    (´・ω・`)
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Well why don't you ever ask me. ._.
    Because Sy will kill me.

    Quote Originally Posted by EnìgmaEU View Post
    Can we please have ranked Dominion.
    Nope.

  5. #8705
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Because Sy will kill me.
    Sy isn't nearly as insane as you think he is.

  6. #8706
    Quote Originally Posted by EnìgmaEU View Post
    Can we please have ranked Dominion.
    Dominion's too gimmicky to be ranked, IMO.

  7. #8707
    Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    Dominion's too gimmicky to be ranked, IMO.
    It just moves resource control to an over time mechanic. Not too gimmicky.

    The real problem with Dominion is champions are mostly designed around SR.

  8. #8708
    I doubt Dominion will get ranked soon. Riot wants the community to grow but it can't because they ignore it, and I'd only play ranked dominion if it had Solo/duo queue. I'd rather not waste my time playing against try hard pre mades who think they are hot shit for stomping random solo queue players, which is the case for me right now. As I'm getting queued up with kids who play in NESL dominion tournaments all day and it gets frustrating because they all run in pre mades while in vent/skype and generally speaking its a shit fest which just results in me losing (hidden) ELO.

  9. #8709
    Quote Originally Posted by cowsrmeat View Post
    Yesterday i went 30/0/6 with tryndamere does that give me any bragging rights?
    My highest score was 42/0/6.
    With Evelynn.

  10. #8710
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It just moves resource control to an over time mechanic. Not too gimmicky.

    The real problem with Dominion is champions are mostly designed around SR.
    I meant that some champions are basically "I win" buttons on Dominion, like Rammus and Teemo.

  11. #8711
    Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    I meant that some champions are basically "I win" buttons on Dominion, like Rammus and Teemo.

    Teemo.

    Really?


    Rammus is quite simple to deal with, it just requires you to not be bad, wtf teemo lol.

  12. #8712
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoloft View Post
    Teemo.

    Really?


    Rammus is quite simple to deal with, it just requires you to not be bad, wtf teemo lol.
    Its their ability to get around the map. Rammus and Teemo move so fucking fast they can just win by capping stuff under the enemy's nose.

  13. #8713
    Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    I meant that some champions are basically "I win" buttons on Dominion, like Rammus and Teemo.
    Yea. That's what I meant by, "...champions are mostly designed around SR."

  14. #8714
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea. That's what I meant by, "...champions are mostly designed around SR."
    ...Which is why I said its gimmicky. Its fun and all until someone decides to be super serious, picking Rammus/Teemo and capping shit while ignoring most fighting.

    Hence, a gimmick.

  15. #8715
    That's not the game mode's fault though. So the mode can't really be gimmicky, so much as the genre is a gimmick.

  16. #8716
    Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    Its their ability to get around the map. Rammus and Teemo move so fucking fast they can just win by capping stuff under the enemy's nose.
    Doing that puts the team at a disadvantage. meaning it'll be a 3v4 for the most part. Also it means that those champions don't have any killing power if all they do is run around capping flags, therefore you get someone who's a very good brawler and just wreck them with a slow. It's not hard. Rammus does jack for damage and if it becomes a problem buy mobility boots and follow him around. He won't be able to cap flags and once he dies or B's go join your team. Or play draft.
    Last edited by Zoloft; 2012-02-22 at 05:49 AM.

  17. #8717
    Rammus > bruisers, but once an AP shows up he is gone. You build rammus for utility/disruption, not damage. A thornmail and a taunt on bruiser equals major hurt and a bruiser that is not mashing your AP. I have over 70% win on solo queue dominion, I would love a ranked, though I'd also hate it due to it being so easily facerolled.

  18. #8718
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoloft View Post
    Doing that puts the team at a disadvantage. meaning it'll be a 3v4 for the most part. Also it means that those champions don't have any killing power if all they do is run around capping flags, therefore you get someone who's a very good brawler and just wreck them with a slow. It's not hard. Rammus does jack for damage and if it becomes a problem buy mobility boots and follow him around. He won't be able to cap flags and once he dies or B's go join your team. Or play draft.
    Thing is, the secret to success in Dominion is basically have a Teemo/Rammus and a team of tanky DPS. The tanky DPS may not be able to win in a 4v5, but under a capture point, they will be ridiculously hard to oust. Meanwhile the Teemo/Rammus is capping your other points while you are trying to get the tanky DPS out. Send someone to go interrupt him, then never get the tanky DPS out.

    A game mode shouldn't have an "always win" factor like that. Its ridiculously unbalanced compared to SR, and that's fine, but for that reason it should never have a ranked option.

  19. #8719
    That again, kinda just sounds like the design of AOS style strategy games conflicts with CP game modes. The trouble is the way champions are created. Not the mode.

    Dominion is fine as a concept- no less a gimmick than SR. However, gameplay principally revolves around one of those modes.

    [Although, I am not arguing for a ranked Dom option. Don't care about ranked play, personally.]

  20. #8720
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    That again, kinda just sounds like the design of AOS style strategy games conflicts with CP game modes. The trouble is the way champions are created. Not the mode.

    Dominion is fine as a concept- no less a gimmick than SR. However, gameplay principally revolves around one of those modes.

    [Although, I am not arguing for a ranked Dom option. Don't care about ranked play, personally.]
    Alright, I'll clarify a bit: Dominion ranked would be a gimmick

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •