1. #9721
    Dreadlord fartman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tall Grass
    Posts
    870
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    fed like a African child in a local candy store kinda fed.
    This made me laugh I am sorry about you losing your game but Wow.

    Also @Duilliath I just tried Jungle Panth went 12-2 and The ganking was very easy like Wow he is easily one of my favorite junglers after one game rofl, Thank you for telling me about him =).

  2. #9722
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,216
    Guess I will try Shaco now in a custom.

    Basicly if he jungles he can turn out a great addition to your team, or as useless as a Magikarp right?

  3. #9723
    Moderator Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Elchea Library
    Posts
    3,600
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Guess I will try Shaco now in a custom.

    Basicly if he jungles he can turn out a great addition to your team, or as useless as a Magikarp right?
    He is the scariest jungler at low ELOs and can one shot your carry when he gets fed. However, much like Twitch, one pink ward is GG, and proper warding can make your ganks slightly more predictable. Good part is no one wards in normals/low ELO so it's a guaranteed win if you don't screw up.

    Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

    Steam | Twitter

    LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

  4. #9724
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,216
    Well he is OP when fed I found out in custom....


    Still I don't really like his skillset, except JiTB.

  5. #9725
    Herald of the Titans Platinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    fast forward half an hour and their Kog is beyond fed, no really .. fed like a African child in a local candy store kinda fed
    I just thought this was hilarious!

    [email protected] | GeForce GTX 760 | 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB SSD | 1+2TB HDD | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 | Corsair CX V2 500W | NZXT Phantom | 2x 24" 1920x1080 | Qpad MK-80 MX Blue | Logitech G600

  6. #9726
    Anyone know if the new champ / skin reductions for this week have been announced yet?
    Last edited by Qauren; 2012-04-30 at 08:47 AM.

  7. #9727
    Quote Originally Posted by Qauren View Post
    By the end of the game I had ~320 armor + 3k hp. Combine that with my passive and I was absolutely unkillable in team fights.
    Why would you get such an ungodly amount of armor? The more you get, the weaker it gets and the more Last Whisper is going to rape the entirety of your item build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    This game should be 24+ really.
    I met someone who was around 24'ish this one time and he was really immature, I think this game should be for 50+

  8. #9728
    Pandaren Monk Kurdiern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    CA-LI-FORNIA GIRLS, I'M IRRESISTABLE!
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    I met someone who was around 24'ish this one time and he was really immature, I think this game should be for 50+
    Zefie you're wrong. I met a 10 year old who was a really good player and a super nice kid. I think this game should be under 12 only.

  9. #9729
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Zefie you're wrong. I met a 10 year old who was a really good player and a super nice kid. I think this game should be under 12 only.
    You know what, I've never met a dead person that was rude. This game should only be playable if you're dead.

  10. #9730
    Pandaren Monk Kurdiern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    CA-LI-FORNIA GIRLS, I'M IRRESISTABLE!
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    You know what, I've never met a dead person that was rude. This game should only be playable if you're dead.
    Good point. Here's a knife, want to que for some ranked in a few minutes?

  11. #9731
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    You know what, I've never met a dead person that was rude. This game should only be playable if you're dead.
    Woah, so dead people can exist after all!

    Finally got my Noxusphobia over with and bought Cassiopeia while she was on sale. Is there anything specific I should know about her so I don't crash and burn while using her in actual games?
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-04-30 at 09:17 AM.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  12. #9732
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Good point. Here's a knife, want to que for some ranked in a few minutes?
    Sure, I'll meet you in a sec!

    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Woah, so dead people can exist after all!

    Finally got my Noxusphobia over with and bought Cassiopeia while she was on sale. Is there anything specific I should know about her so I don't crash and burn while using her in actual games?
    Smartcast E
    ???
    Profit.

  13. #9733
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Why would you get such an ungodly amount of armor? The more you get, the weaker it gets and the more Last Whisper is going to rape the entirety of your item build.

    I met someone who was around 24'ish this one time and he was really immature, I think this game should be for 50+
    No idea - I didn't do it intentionally :-P. between Frozen Heart, Randuins and Atmas (and I never sold my Ninja Tabi since they had no real CC and their Ahri got stomped on by LB in land) it just kinda happened. Given that I had just shy of 200 Mres and 3k hp it didn't matter much.
    Particularly when their Tristana gets a little fee but builds a Brutalizer. Lol.

  14. #9734
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post
    Anyone knows how many ghost skins are there in game? Off my head i can remember Spooky GP, Spectral Fiddle and Haunting Nocturne which is sadly not available anymore. I just love those ghost skins and am thinking of forming a team game for it. How i wish i was around when Haunting Nocturne was available haiz.
    Bumpz, anyone knows?

  15. #9735
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,200
    Be more aggressive than you've ever been.

    Only way to play Cassiopeia.

  16. #9736
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Why would you get such an ungodly amount of armor? The more you get, the weaker it gets and the more Last Whisper is going to rape the entirety of your item build.
    Actually, the inverse is true. The more armor you have, the less effect Last Whisper would have.

    Imagine you have 50% ArP:
    320 Armor = 76.2% reduction.
    160 Armor = 61.6% reduction.
    Result: 14.6% Difference.

    Now if you have 200 Armor:
    200 Armor = 66.7% reduction.
    100 Armor = 50% reduction.
    16.7% difference.

    Additionally, armor is in fact linear in its effect. It does not get weaker the more you have.

    Edit: You are right to an extent, of course. The more you have, the more LW removes. But when you factor in that a) the higher value is still better, and b) not every opponent is likely to have LW, stacking a god-awful amount of armor can work. Assuming you have a shitload of health, too.
    Last edited by saberon; 2012-04-30 at 11:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

  17. #9737
    Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    Actually, the inverse is true. The more armor you have, the less effect Last Whisper would have.

    Imagine you have 50% ArP:
    320 Armor = 76.2% reduction.
    160 Armor = 61.6% reduction.
    Result: 14.6% Difference.

    Now if you have 200 Armor:
    200 Armor = 66.7% reduction.
    100 Armor = 50% reduction.
    16.7% difference.

    Additionally, armor is in fact linear in its effect. It does not get weaker the more you have.
    sorry, your math is is bad

    first - equation 1-(100/(X+100)) where X is armor value, is not linear (inverse is true - graph approaches 100% reduction but never reaches it) make graph in excell and u will see
    second your example is not valid, because there is no 50% reduction of armor (last whisper reduce 40%) and because funktion is not linear, samples are behaving not linear (50AR - 30AR = 10,2 %difference), (100AR - 60AR = 12,5% difference), (200 AR -120AR = 12,2 %difference) and so on

  18. #9738
    I don't think we need formulas and excel spreadsheets to figure this out.

    LW is a 40% armor pen. The more armor your target has, the more effective it is.

    Stacking armor is still effective at helping to shut down a fed AD carry, whether they get LW or not.

    OK - we good here, folks?

    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    "Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo." -Bystekhilcar

  19. #9739
    Quote Originally Posted by asmodei View Post
    sorry, your math is is bad

    first - equation 1-(100/(X+100)) where X is armor value, is not linear (inverse is true - graph approaches 100% reduction but never reaches it) make graph in excell and u will see
    Whilst the % reduction diminishes, its overall effectiveness does not. Think about it - At 98% reduction, an additional 1% halves the damage you take. At 0% reduction, 1% reduces damage by... 1%. The more % reduction you have, the more valuable each additional % of reduction is. That's why the Armor Rating to % Ratio increases - to keep the overall value of armor linear.

    second your example is not valid, because there is no 50% reduction of armor (last whisper reduce 40%) and because funktion is not linear, samples are behaving not linear (50AR - 30AR = 10,2 %difference), (100AR - 60AR = 12,5% difference), (200 AR -120AR = 12,2 %difference) and so on
    My examples are valid. Firstly, you get 10% reduction from talents on top of the 40% from LW. That's 50%. Secondly, 50% is easier to calculate than 40%. And third, since we're working in %, and we're not looking at definite numbers but rather % change, I can use whatever value i bloody well like and the examples would still be valid as an example.

    As I said, more armor means LW removes more. But it is still super effective. And linear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

  20. #9740
    Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    As I said, more armor means LW removes more. But it is still super effective. And linear.
    sorry your math is bad, but dont worry this is academic rank of math (knowledge of derivation calculus is needed to comprehend) but only basics are needed to model graph in excell

    only small example:
    if u use
    Y1=1-(100/(X+100)) - actual damage reduction before LW applied
    Y2=1-(100/((X*0,6)+100)) - actual damage reduction after LW applied
    Y3 = Y1-Y2 - percentual difference
    X is flat value of armor

    u will see that in interval (0-130 flat armor) armor graph reduction difference is increasing, but after 130 peak armor reduction difference graph starts to decrease

    http://imgupload.sk/viewer.php?file=...2eirnl2rbt.jpg

    "more armor means LW removes more" this statement can be true, but important is damage reduction (% value) and not armor (flat value)

    another conclusion - what if damage reduction is linear? u can go beyond 100% damage reduction? it means that dmg will be increasing your HP instead of decreasing?
    Last edited by asmodei; 2012-04-30 at 03:16 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •