Deleted
    I mostly just miss the ability to say "Hey I'm kinda busy with stuff here, can you wait for like a couple of seconds?"

Quote Originally Posted by malfecient View Post
    The new matchmaking system drives me insane. Been in que for 8 minutes for a BLIND pick game because someone is inactive or declines the game. -_-
    There are a lot of people declining, simply to try it out. If someone is inactive, is the system really that bad? I mean, it just saved you from a possible 4v5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    There are a lot of people declining, simply to try it out. If someone is inactive, is the system really that bad? I mean, it just saved you from a possible 4v5.
    My only problem is that it's awkward that the confirm button is on the left and decline on the right, but I can deal with it.

Ok, so I have a couple champions to talk about, which I have underestimated...

Firstly, Riven. I've not met many good Riven players, so I always thought she was pretty strong, but with incredibly short range and easy to harass. Boy, did I find that wrong today. I went as Cho'gath against Riven in top, and she knew exactly what she was doing.

I was almost too scared to go last-hit because she was so aggressive, taking good bits of health every time I got too close. She got a couple kills on me first, but eventually I managed to get some feed as well, and won over her in duels (barely). But she simply amazed me, I had never thought she could be that strong, and she completely dominated me in the lane-phase. I praised her in-game and after the match, because she was just damn good.

Next... Sona. Now usually, I'd say I am a pretty good support (I do a good Taric and Alistar), but when it comes to the more squishy support types, I have not been as good. I have tried Sona before, but she seemed rather underwhelming.

Well, I found that once you get some teammates who know what they're doing, her buffs, heals and pokes are incredibly handy! And I find people tend to underestimate her until they're really in trouble. After having a terrible losing streak, she was my salvation out of hell. I've finally found another support I'm handy at.

My Sona game also housed my probably best teamfight ever. The enemy bunched up, our Orianna took the opportunity to ulti their whole team together, then we barraged them with Sona ulti, Ezreal ulti, Jarvan knock-up and Lee Sin ulti. We absolutely demolished them in the cleanest team fight I've ever been a part of. The feeling you get after such a successful teamfight is amazing.
    Last edited by NotValidAnymore; 2012-08-04 at 04:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post

Firstly, Riven. I've not met many good Riven players, so I always thought she was pretty strong, but with incredibly short range and easy to harass. Boy, did I find that wrong today. I went as Cho'gath against Riven in top, and she knew exactly what she was doing.

I was almost too scared to go last-hit because she was so aggressive, taking good bits of health every time I got too close. She got a couple kills on me first, but eventually I managed to get some feed as well, and won over her in duels (barely). But she simply amazed me, I had never thought she could be that strong, and she completely dominated me in the lane-phase. I praised her in-game and after the match, because she was just damn good.

Next... Sona. Now usually, I'd say I am a pretty good support (I do a good Taric and Alistar), but when it comes to the more squishy support types, I have not been as good. I have tried Sona before, but she seemed rather underwhelming.

Well, I found that once you get some teammates who know what they're doing, her buffs, heals and pokes are incredibly handy! And I find people tend to underestimate her until they're really in trouble. After having a terrible losing streak, she was my salvation out of hell. I've finally found another support I'm handy at.

My Sona game also housed my probably best teamfight ever. The enemy bunched up, our Orianna took the opportunity to ulti their whole team together, then we barraged them with Sona ulti, Ezreal ulti, Jarvan knock-up and Lee Sin ulti. We absolutely demolished them in the cleanest team fight I've ever been a part of. The feeling you get after such a successful teamfight is amazing.
    Sona is one of my best supports. It's just so awesome to hit the whole enemy team with your ult and watch them die with no chance to fight back. She is also up there as one of the best poke and harass supports (Lulu is a little better IMO), which is the support play style I'm the best at.

Yeah, I'm more used to the "run into them and screw them up"-kinda style Taric and Alistar offers, but Sona was a nice change of pace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm more used to the "run into them and screw them up"-kinda style Taric and Alistar offers, but Sona was a nice change of pace.
    That's exactly what I'm like and it feels nicer with Taric because I feel like because of that stun and the way I play him that I can actually help the team win more than any other support because we shut down the carry.

I just had a game as Taric (ranked) and my friend was with me as Ashe and we just dominated a Draven and Alistar in the lane which is weird because a Draven should have given us a harder time.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    I mostly play Janna since she is the support that I feel is the most consistent throughout the game. You can make plays and make up for your carrys stupidity in bot lane. Around mid game I just rush shurelyas and walk around trying to save teammates getting caught aswell as gank mid lane a lot with my cc.

Taric is quite boring but I prefer him over Sona since he isn´t so outrageously squishy. Sona is so unforgiving if you get caught, and she isn´t easy to play.

Deleted

Riven is a lane-dominant champion, if you lose your lane and get no feed from the other lanes, you'll fall off fast.
    Cho'gath isn't such a great champion to deal with Riven as his true damage comes at level 6 and he cant get his +hp before that level, which leaves Cho'gath open for low level harrass, which Riven is good at (especially when she gets her Q+W+E at level 3).
    Which means that Cho'gath WILL get stomped by a good Riven player (Rule of thumb; if Riven has a Wriggles Lantern, she probably sucks)

Riven CAN win any lane, but with some champions she has to try harder than others (Teemo, Kayle, Kennen, Olaf, Garen/Garenv2.0, AKA Darius)
    So if its Draft Pick and you see a Riven just pick one of those champions and buy a Ninja Tabi or something

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats on Mod Axethor

Back on topic, I do that all the time. Most of the rivens I fight solo top are ok, but nothing special. Then I get too aggressive and I get gibbed. She just does a lot of burst that I always forget she can do. That and she is cd based and has no resource. When I'm j4 top its really annoying because she will start to out mana me (you know, since she doesn't have mana). Though it's not as bad when I'm rumble since he is also a cd champion.

I find that I lose to riven a lot actually. Especially as rumble. I abuse her a little bit then she gets some levels and I get way too cocky or something. idk, I don't solo top very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone been watching the MLG summer event today?

Curse just did absolutely terribly against TSM, who they (TSM) got creamed by Blaze's aggressive tower pushing strategy earlier in the tourney, and then TSM adopted that strategy to go 3-0 on Curse.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

did they give a reason for ruining the Proving Grounds ARAM map?

single nexus tower is so shit........
    Last edited by reverendball; 2012-08-05 at 06:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Anyone been watching the MLG summer event today?

Curse just did absolutely terribly against TSM, who they (TSM) got creamed by Blaze's aggressive tower pushing strategy earlier in the tourney, and then TSM adopted that strategy to go 3-0 on Curse.
    Watched a bit of it, got amazed by that Korean team going 3-0 on Team Black from the situations where it looked like koreans are going to loose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kseux View Post
    Watched a bit of it, got amazed by that Korean team going 3-0 on Team Black from the situations where it looked like koreans are going to loose
    Black is playing with 2 subs, so not much was expected. Blaze is strong, they wont he last OGN and are looking just as solid this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    did they give a reason for ruining the Proving Grounds ARAM map?

single nexus tower is so shit........

Ye, the positioning for melee champs was really awkward to not get hit by both turrets if they drew aggro. That's the reasoning at least. They'd look into it though.

Seeing alot of Chos atm. Have been in game with 3 and they all did pretty good. He is a fantastic tank I must say.

Also I have noticed this trend, people don't really pick tanks. All they want is a bruiser and build them dpsish O.o getting Triforce and Rylai/Frozen Mallet. Then going BT and IE. It's becoming a nuisance. I have to pick tank all the time.

Also on Tris, what will be the last dps item you would get? I go for an extra BT, getting 1.1k crits from Bersekers/IE/BT/PD/LW/BT combo. I know the last item should be defensive, but games were I know the team is capable enough to defend me so I can nuke people down, I get a dps item. Not sure if BT is the best item or not.

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 09:17 PM ----------

Oh and grats on Mod Axethor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get a last DPS item on Trist, unless it's Frozen Mallet, which I only get if my team is far enough ahead that I don't have to worry about any major opponents (other than possibly some true damage folk). It's actually quite sick on her, as it will pretty much ensure people will never be able to kite or dive you.

boots -> double doran's or pickaxe + vamp sceptre instead of second doran's -> finish boots -> Infinity Edge -> Zeal -> Either finish PD or Last Whisper -> grab whichever I didn't get of the last two -> finish Bloodthirster.

Add appropriate defensive item at appropriate time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks everyone for the congratz.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Seeing alot of Chos atm. Have been in game with 3 and they all did pretty good. He is a fantastic tank I must say.

Also I have noticed this trend, people don't really pick tanks. All they want is a bruiser and build them dpsish O.o getting Triforce and Rylai/Frozen Mallet. Then going BT and IE. It's becoming a nuisance. I have to pick tank all the time.
    Cho was always strong, just unreliable. Now that Rupture has a definite timer, it's a lot easy to hit so you notice them doing a lot better. The new legendary skin helps too.

I've also noticed the bruiser trend, since it keeps me from playing something other than a tank in the jungle. A little annoying, but it's got me playing Skarner and Cho'Gath again so I don't mind.

Not much help on the Trist side since I don't play her often and the only carry I play that actually makes it to late game is Kog'Maw, so I buy a Madreds if I feel I don't need the defensive item.

So yeah, I'm playing Skarner again. I always loved him and now that I'm playing him again I'm going to try to perfect my Wit's End Skarner build order. I feel he does better and more consistent damage with Wit's End since his spells come up that much faster. It also means I never go into a team fight without my ult.

Deleted
    Speaking of bruisers, I just bought Volibear (mainly to make bear puns in chat) and he rocks so much! I hardly ever see him in games, but the games I just played I ended was 12/4/22 (duo top with Teemo) and 8/2/6 (they surrendered at 20) as solo top. a lot of fun to play and damn is he tough as nails, plus the damage he does to carries is pretty lol-worthy. Q -> R -> E -> W and they're pretty much dead in a second or two

Deleted
    Not getting a defensive item on an AD carry is the worst thing you can ever do. If you can survive a teamfight as you say without a defensive item, you´ll win the teamfight regardless if you have 2 BTs or not. At that point in the game one single misstake will lose you the game. I see so many AD carrys throw the game because they feel all god mode so they buy another PD, then they get caught in a teamfight and throw the game. ALWAYS get a defensive item.