1. #14341
    Herald of the Titans Muzual's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    足立さんの家に
    Posts
    2,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Don't we get the Janna skin even if we aren't actually gold when the season finishes? I thought it was only your highest rating that mattered. I'm not sure whether I will keep going (in solo queue), ranked is pretty stressful and I doubt I will be able to get much closer to plat.
    Yeah your highest rating is the one that matters

    なんで自殺するのかな他の人殺せばいいのに

  2. #14342
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Those Naut games were my jungling games. One of the losses was due to that retarded Kha'Zix, the other was my fault. I don't like jungling when there's a lot of pressure.

    Don't we get the Janna skin even if we aren't actually gold when the season finishes? I thought it was only your highest rating that mattered. I'm not sure whether I will keep going (in solo queue), ranked is pretty stressful and I doubt I will be able to get much closer to plat.
    ya you get it once you have reached gold at any point. What I meant was were you going to go for a higher elo or just play normals now that you have gold.

  3. #14343
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,789
    On a side note from the streams going boom twice today, TSM's Reginald is calling it quits.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-10-07 at 12:40 AM.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  4. #14344
    Oh wow the second remake, and it's looking a lot worse for CLG, sad day, sad day.

  5. #14345
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    On a side note from the streams going boom twice today, TSM's Reginald is calling it quits.
    I heard that somewhere too. How old was he exactly?
    The Runaway. I love my new nickname. Is there a picture of me? Does it look good?

  6. #14346
    I stopped watching streams and tournaments for about like 3 months ago, but when I saw him play he kinda played horrible and did really bad decisions in the lane phase... I don't know how he is now but I remember that he played really risky.

  7. #14347
    Just had a very weird game where both sides only had AP or AD players and no tanks/support. I think we both just decided "well the team comp is screwed up already so lets just go with the flow". The game lasted long enough for everyone to get full builds and it was just so weird. Our fights was pretty much run in and one shot as many people as you can before dying yourself. No fight lasted more than 10 seconds from start because everyone was being killed in under a second outside of hourglass/ult.

    In the end my team won because of being able to kill two that were trying to rush our nexus down. I don't think I'll ever see a game like that again, but it was an interesting experience. Kinda makes me want to play a game where everyone picks assassin champions.

  8. #14348
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post


    From nothing to gold in 24 hours, that was exhausting.

    inb4 Muzual
    How? Eachof my win gives me 10-14 elo, so starting from 1200 or whatever up to 1513 I would need 26 wins. U have 12 W, 3L...wth?

  9. #14349
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    How? Eachof my win gives me 10-14 elo, so starting from 1200 or whatever up to 1513 I would need 26 wins. U have 12 W, 3L...wth?
    You get 50 Elo till you make 13 matches more less, then it keeps dropping until you make 50 matches, which only give around 7-12 Elo. It's pretty fast to go high at low Elo if you don't loose much.

  10. #14350
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    You get 50 Elo till you make 13 matches more less, then it keeps dropping until you make 50 matches, which only give around 7-12 Elo. It's pretty fast to go high at low Elo if you don't loose much.
    I didn't know about this...so, thats ridiculous. My first 13 matches were 9 lost because of afkers/trolls/unskilled as hell. So I am stuck in "elo hell" until next season. Yes I tried to pass 1500 and max I got was 1349, now I am down to 1195 or smth after 149 Wins 147 Losses and during those matches I admit I had only like 10 on which I failed my role/champ. Eh...pointless. I really hate this design path which Riot took and yes, I stay away from solo/duo rankeds forever now. U can play like top players and still u control your elo in 20%, no more.

    Normally I play mid/support, because everytime they spam with "I ad!!! I top I jungle!!" and later they blame me (support) for losing Thats utter nonsense I ward well, I trap well, I support well, I even tease enemy well...eh.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-10-08 at 12:39 AM.

  11. #14351
    Pandaren Monk Kurdiern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    CA-LI-FORNIA GIRLS, I'M IRRESISTABLE!
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    I didn't know about this...so, thats ridiculous. My first 13 matches were 9 lost because of afkers/trolls/unskilled as hell. So I am stuck in "elo hell" until next season. Yes I tried to pass 1500 and max I got was 1349, now I am down to 1220 or smth after 149 Wins 147 Losses and during those matches I admit I had only like 10 on which I failed my role/champ. Eh...pointless. I really hate this design path which Riot took and yes, I stay away from solo/duo rankeds forever now. U can play like top players and still u control your elo in 20%, no more.

    Normally I play mid/support, because everytime they spam with "I ad!!! I top I jungle!!" and later they blame me (support) for losing Thats utter nonsense
    It helps good players get to their ELO's higher. Why do you think skilled players and pros often win all 10 of their placement matches? People are bad enough that you SHOULD be able to carry them. Not everyone will pull their own weight, sometimes you have to pull a bit more than your own.

  12. #14352
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    It helps good players get to their ELO's higher. Why do you think skilled players and pros often win all 10 of their placement matches? People are bad enough that you SHOULD be able to carry them. Not everyone will pull their own weight, sometimes you have to pull a bit more than your own.
    Well, I can't carry as a support. Those lost games were as a supprt. I did all I could but for exmaple one Kog just had to go rambo and get catched by blitz...6 deaths in a row and later on blame me for not helping him to fight feed ez, etc.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-10-08 at 12:27 AM.

  13. #14353
    How come I win 8 out of 10 games random Draft, but once I hit Ranked I end up 5 to 21 past 25min mark...
    Someone got an advice how to win at least some games at about 1k Elo?
    No matter how hard I win my lane, both other lanes are just handing out free legendaries to the enemy to compensate for it.

  14. #14354
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    (´・ω・`)
    Posts
    1,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrach View Post
    How come I win 8 out of 10 games random Draft, but once I hit Ranked I end up 5 to 21 past 25min mark...
    Someone got an advice how to win at least some games at about 1k Elo?
    No matter how hard I win my lane, both other lanes are just handing out free legendaries to the enemy to compensate for it.
    Play mid, pick a good champion with good ganking/roaming potential. Win your lane then win the others.

  15. #14355
    Pandaren Monk Kurdiern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    CA-LI-FORNIA GIRLS, I'M IRRESISTABLE!
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Well, I can't carry as a support. Those lost games were as a supprt. I did all I could but for exmaple one Kog just had to go rambo and get catched by blitz...6 deaths in a row and later on blame me for not helping him to fight feed ez, etc.
    You can make plays as a support. In fact, bottom lane is more dictated and directed by supports than people think. You have less of an obvious and direct influence as opposed to Mid or Jungle, but you're still there and you can still make plays. My friend got to gold by playing support like 90% of the time.

    Specializing in one role is never smart anyway.

  16. #14356
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Well, I can't carry as a support. Those lost games were as a supprt. I did all I could but for exmaple one Kog just had to go rambo and get catched by blitz...6 deaths in a row and later on blame me for not helping him to fight feed ez, etc.
    Alaitoc is on the EU servers too, and from what I understand the EU and Asian servers are in general more competent and more competitive. I don't know if that has anything to to do with him winning almost all of his games as support, but I think it does. Though I don't know what server you play on. It is possible to do that on the NA server, it's just a lot less likely. I've found that most ranged ads can farm pretty well, but they fail miserably when it comes to team fighting. Sometimes you get some good ones though.

  17. #14357
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    (´・ω・`)
    Posts
    1,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    You can make plays as a support. In fact, bottom lane is more dictated and directed by supports than people think. You have less of an obvious and direct influence as opposed to Mid or Jungle, but you're still there and you can still make plays. My friend got to gold by playing support like 90% of the time.

    Specializing in one role is never smart anyway.
    I consider AD the hardest role to carry with. Bot is 75% down to the support, and since it's the only duo lane you're likely to see, you're essentially getting two people fed and putting two people behind by winning it. "Carrying" as a support is completely doable. If you trust your AD and see your mid overextended, go and camp their brush until the enemy jungler arrives to gank. Counter their gank and get your mid a double kill. It works.

  18. #14358
    Pandaren Monk Kurdiern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    CA-LI-FORNIA GIRLS, I'M IRRESISTABLE!
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    I consider AD the hardest role to carry with. Bot is 75% down to the support, and since it's the only duo lane you're likely to see, you're essentially getting two people fed and putting two people behind by winning it. "Carrying" as a support is completely doable. If you trust your AD and see your mid overextended, go and camp their brush until the enemy jungler arrives to gank. Counter their gank and get your mid a double kill. It works.
    AD carries hardest late game, which tends to not happen as much in solo que. Much easier and smarter to stomp the early and mid game, demoralize opponents and end before there even is a late game. Good supports can do plenty though, the only issue is that you're expected to do a full team member's job with like 1/3rd the amount of gold everyone else gets. Always respect a good support, they make life so much easier.

    The only issue is when your AD is horrible and you have to support them, your influence is limited to your lane only. Leave your AD and risk losing him and a tower.

  19. #14359
    Banned This name sucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A basement in Canada
    Posts
    2,725
    Dear diary, I stomped phreak in 3s today.

  20. #14360
    If you're going to play support when you start going ranked, then it's kinda obvious why you went down the bottom, you should never go support in the first few games because it's very hard to carry, unless you're a good support that can allow your ad carry to carry, but it doesn't seem like that.

    Also, there's more noobs in ranked because a lot of people that just went level 30 didn't wait some time to get more experience, runes and knowledge of the map, so yeah, more noobs in ranked than in draft.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •