1. #14361
    Moderator Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Elchea Library
    Posts
    3,600
    I'm so close to finally getting out of bronze. I've put it off for so long and now I'm two games away. I was one game away but then I played a game as support. Not my best idea, I should of demanded another role. Oh well.

    Two more games! I'd go for gold but I don't have that kinda of time this close to the end of the season.

    Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

    Steam | Twitter

    LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

  2. #14362
    Pit Lord Kuthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Dear diary, I stomped phreak in 3s today.
    Haha what?
    Really?

    Sure it wasn't some fancy E or something that was different to his name?


    God I hadn't played in so long. Played my first game today, as Sej.
    We woooon.
    Was fun. I really love Sej.
    I was VS'ing an Ashe. And it was fun in our 1v1 battles slowing each other, and ulti'ing each other.
    When I saw her ulti animation, I'd fire off mine, and we would end up both being stunned, then back on the persuit.

    It's good not playing every single day like I used to with friends. I seem to be less ragey, which is a good thing for everyone. No ban for my account, no unhappiness for random strangers.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

    Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

  3. #14363
    Herald of the Titans sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    2,748
    Everyone now call mid/top/jungle in first 2sec of game
    Rarely see anyone call support (no surprise) or ranged AD
    What happened to ranged AD? A role that a year ago everyone tried to take to no one want it anymore ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  4. #14364
    Moderator Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Elchea Library
    Posts
    3,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Haha what?
    Really?

    Sure it wasn't some fancy E or something that was different to his name?
    According to Lolking, it looks like it was the other way around. Phreak plays too many games, but he was I think 11/5/5 as Jayce when I looked and it was a victory. (tbh, I wanted to see how bad he was beaten, and was sad to see you had lost that game Methanar).

    Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

    Steam | Twitter

    LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

  5. #14365
    I still love ranged AD, but the skill gap there is so big sometimes. You can see this in decision making, farming, harassing and especially teamfights.

    Had a game last night, did really well before teamfights, 3/0/3, but got caught out by the fed players on other team twice. Stupid, yeah, but I hate it when those others then start whining about how bad you are. Really? You just lost your lane and tried to 1v1 Orianna as Vlad pre-6? And they kept whining, mind you this is a rylais/revolver VLad after 30 minutes, how I was so bad on EZ because I didn't have a Trinity. The lane I was in and the support I had gave me better results with IE, which I got at 15 minutes, followed by LW (ALi double dorans shields, tanky other lanes) meaning I did "Tons of Damage" without Trinity. But no! Rylais Vlad kept hammering on how I did no damage. Go ...

  6. #14366
    Apparently the new "gg easy" is "noobs no honor for you".
    Last edited by Worer; 2012-10-08 at 01:17 PM.

  7. #14367
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Dear diary, I stomped phreak in 3s today.
    It doesn't work to lie when your lolking is in your signature and we can see that you lost that game.

  8. #14368
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    If you're going to play support when you start going ranked, then it's kinda obvious why you went down the bottom, you should never go support in the first few games because it's very hard to carry, unless you're a good support that can allow your ad carry to carry, but it doesn't seem like that.

    Also, there's more noobs in ranked because a lot of people that just went level 30 didn't wait some time to get more experience, runes and knowledge of the map, so yeah, more noobs in ranked than in draft.
    Exactly. Kurdiern and Isrozzis - I am sad that I did not record my first matches. I seriously did all I could as a support and lost because of rambo ADC or feeders. I play on EUNE, wanna know how horrible it's low elo is? Sometimes u get serious players, but 1/3 of my games have russian trollers, just like yesterday, our mundo went jungle, died to blue golem...so he ragged and started to run @ the enemy and just feed them, standing still. He was buying only boots, died 15 times and logged off. The rest of the ranked match we played 4vs5 and of course lost..we hold the enemy for 40 minutes but in the end, they finally pilled up and did a perfect initiate (skarner, garen, morde, soraka, corki) on us (we had 2 adc...I played Taric, yes, I said "no double adc please" but the second adc said "I cant see!" and picked Cait...wtf).
    Alot of my geams I have idiots and can't rise my elo. 90% of my defeats are because of such scenario. I must be unlucky. I would love to make them all pay + 10k euro or lose their house for every game they show their stupidity. Ppl should be punished hard for every troll attempt, so they finally maybe will learn how to behave normally.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-10-08 at 01:09 PM.

  9. #14369
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Exactly. Kurdiern and Isrozzis - I am sad that I did not record my first matches. I seriously did all I could as a support and lost because of rambo ADC or feeders. I play on EUNE, wanna know how horrible it's low elo is? Sometimes u get serious players, but 1/3 of my games have russian trollers, just like yesterday, our mundo went jungle, died to blue golem...so he ragged and started to run @ the enemy and just feed them, standing still. He was buying only boots, died 15 times and logged off. The rest of the ranked match we played 4vs5 and of course lost..we hold the enemy for 40 minutes but in the end, they finally pilled up and did a perfect initiate (skarner, garen, morde, soraka, corki) on us (we had 2 adc...I played Taric, yes, I said "no double adc please" but the second adc said "I cant see!" and picked Cait...wtf).
    Alot of my geams I have idiots and can't rise my elo. 90% of my defeats are because of such scenario. I must be unlucky. I would love to make them all pay + 10k euro or lose their house for every game they show their stupidity. Ppl should be punished hard for every troll attempt, so they finally maybe will learn how to behave normally.
    ah well, not much you can do about that. I've had a few games close to that caliber, not very many. I guess just keep laddering.

  10. #14370
    The best solution for ranked, atleast in low Elo, is to get a partner that is good, one less noob/troll/afk/etc.

  11. #14371
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    The best solution for ranked, atleast in low Elo, is to get a partner that is good, one less noob/troll/afk/etc.
    yep I have noticed, that it's the best to get duo, adc + jungle. It insanely rises the chance of winning. I had such duo premade last night in my team, they + me on mid, we rocked hard 26:2 although we had noob top and support.
    But I dunno any good adc/jungler, all ppl I know play top/mid or with bots to chill :P
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-10-08 at 02:01 PM.

  12. #14372
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    yep I have noticed, that it's best to get duo, adc + jungle. It insanely rises the chance to win. I had such duo premade last night in my team, they + me on mid, we rocked hard 26:2 although we had noob top and support.
    But I dunno any good adc/jungler, all ppl I know play top/mid or with bots to chill :P
    That's why people should play draft before going to ranked, it's very similar, the difference is that the noobs/trolls/etc are very low, atleast in EUW, and my hidden Elo is 1.8k last time I checked, so I haven't seen one of them for some time, also you can meet a lot of good people in draft and then you can partner with them.

    Everyone should play draft first and try and play with the same person for a few games, then you two can play ranked and have a lot more chances of winning.

  13. #14373
    Good advice. Well, "hidden elo", how can one check it's value?

  14. #14374
    Banned This name sucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A basement in Canada
    Posts
    2,725
    Wasn't a lie, I personally raped in him in lane but my shyv just kept pushing out and getting caught by zyra and eventually fed jayce to 8/4ish at which point be was able to 2v3 us.

    At the end jayce did way too much damage and we had no hard cc, only slows and knock backs.

    http://i.imgur.com/gy9W0.jpg

    Oh and they were all diamond in every queue but 3s.
    Last edited by This name sucks; 2012-10-08 at 02:22 PM.

  15. #14375
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Good advice. Well, "hidden elo", how can one check it's value?
    There was a site that checked that if you played with someone that had already been checked by the site, that's how I was told it worked.

    But the site doesn't work anymore, I don't know why.

    This is mine, but it hasn't been updated for a while, for anyone I think.

    http://lolmatches.com/player/euw/26372122/Razari

    Type your name and see if it appears anything, but it's not updated so yeah.

  16. #14376
    Tried and shows me N/A, oh well. Nvm then.

  17. #14377
    Riot made it impossible to check your hidden elo after the PFE patch, as they wanted it to stay hidden

    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Die, You are forgiven. If I Live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    If the Caps Lock didn't help you understand this, I can also type it in norwegian, if you'd prefer.

  18. #14378
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Wasn't a lie, I personally raped in him in lane but my shyv just kept pushing out and getting caught by zyra and eventually fed jayce to 8/4ish at which point be was able to 2v3 us.

    At the end jayce did way too much damage and we had no hard cc, only slows and knock backs.

    http://i.imgur.com/gy9W0.jpg

    Oh and they were all diamond in every queue but 3s.
    I'm not saying I could beat phreak in a 3s because he'd probably crush me but judging by his 223 cs to your 74 I would say at no point in the game were you raping him.

  19. #14379
    Quote Originally Posted by Horn of Valmar View Post
    Riot made it impossible to check your hidden elo after the PFE patch, as they wanted it to stay hidden
    It kinda sucks that we can't see it, but I understand the why. :b

  20. #14380
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    It kinda sucks that we can't see it, but I understand the why. :b
    There are various sites that try to estimate it, but none of them are truly accurate. I know lolcave has one that goes off of your win loss ratio, but it can be rather misleading, and even has a disclaimer that says your elo is probably within -+300 of the value it gives you, which is an enormous margin for error. LoLmatches also shows your normal elo, but like other people said, it hasn't updated since the PFE patch.

    I just try to guess mine by looking at the elos of the other people i'm playing with and against. It only works if they've done ranked, but it is a decent indicator of where your normal elo is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •