10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    I don't think dota will be any real competition to LoL unless they make huge changes, the game is still the same since 2003 with its many mistakes, no mage is probably the most thing that turns me away from dota, not to mention the idea of dying - losing gold makes me think twice since I love to tank and if you tank in dota early game, end game you end a sidekick cheering for your agility hero who can go 1v5 and win
    So much wrong and subjective opinion here, not going to touch it. You're welcome to have your own opinions, however, no matter how ill-informed they are.

OT: Not enough Teemo deaths. jk riot posted it
    Last edited by Kurdiern; 2012-10-12 at 07:28 PM.

Deleted
    Not sure if there is any recorded data but WC3 has to be the most played game ever.

Deleted
    no mage is probably the most thing that turns me away from dota

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Not sure if there is any recorded data but WC3 has to be the most played game ever.
    I also find it odd that they didn't put down the number of copies that The Sims series sold in that info-picture, as it would probably give League the run for it's money, and that it's one of the highest selling games of all time in general.

Syndra will receive some more TLC soon.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Without a doubt.

Hell, it seems like even WC3 DotA is more played than league still.

Deleted
    I don't think dota will be any real competition to LoL unless they make huge changes, the game is still the same since 2003 with its many mistakes, no mage is probably the most thing that turns me away from dota, not to mention the idea of dying - losing gold makes me think twice since I love to tank and if you tank in dota early game, end game you end a sidekick cheering for your agility hero who can go 1v5 and win
    Did you actually play DotA or did you just hear rumors from forum people?

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Sort of considering buying now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Sort of considering buying now.
    When she got her buffs, I considered her a lot better, and if played correctly she deals a lot of damage, specially her ulti.

Now that they are going to buff her even more, she will be, most definitely, a very good champion and will be able to compete at the same levels as other strong ap champions, but let's see how it goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Did you actually play DotA or did you just hear rumors from forum people?
    A day every week for seven years, sometimes more (mainly on vacations), until I found LoL I couldn't play dota anymore
    I can challenge anyone about something anything in dota until the (back then) last hero was Medivh (stopped dota a little before him)

Syndra already has potential to deal insane magic dmg but only if you have enough cdr and manage to get 3orbs in field (one extended time by w, 2 q cast) then ulti will kill almost anyone with that huge dmg, sadly that need enemy to stay near her for like 5sec, something not easily achieved
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    A day every week for seven years, sometimes more (mainly on vacations), until I found LoL I couldn't play dota anymore
    I can challenge anyone about something anything in dota until the (back then) last hero was Medivh (stopped dota a little before him)
    Okay, then I have no idea why you'd make the statements you just made.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2012-10-12 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Guess people feel like calling people by their model name these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    I'm surprised that over 90% of players are male. I knew it would be a majority, but I always thought that LoL was more appealing to girls than a lot of other games.
    I find competitive games aren't so popular with the ladies. I've only seen two girls go to a fighting game tournament. They were awesome though! Especially this like 13 year old who steamrolled over all the guys until the finals when the she had to fight the state pros/champs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    I find competitive games aren't so popular with the ladies. I've only seen two girls go to a fighting game tournament. They were awesome though! Especially this like 13 year old who steamrolled over all the guys until the finals when the she had to fight the state pros/champs.
    Aren't all games competitive?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    And then there was the recent firestorm over sexism in the fighting game community, showing that maybe just maybe there's a reason women don't participate in such things beyond some postulated (and very likely bullshit) set of neurological differences/preferences.

The whole area is a huge minefield that requires exactly the careful kind of thinking that a 16-30 year old guy isn't willing to do when he sits down to play computer games (as a example, the casual use of the word raped in chat, over and over again, way to make it clear to any women starting to play that they are not welcome)

Quote Originally Posted by Counselwolf View Post
    And then there was the recent firestorm over sexism in the fighting game community, showing that maybe just maybe there's a reason women don't participate in such things beyond some postulated (and very likely bullshit) set of neurological differences/preferences.

The whole area is a huge minefield that requires exactly the careful kind of thinking that a 16-30 year old guy isn't willing to do when he sits down to play computer games (as a example, the casual use of the word raped in chat, over and over again, way to make it clear to any women starting to play that they are not welcome)

this made me lol anyone who gets offended by the word rape should probably stay off the internet and out of the world in general. male or female.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    this made me lol anyone who gets offended by the word rape should probably stay off the internet and out of the world in general. male or female.
    Thanks for proving my point. May you grow up to regret your current position on this matter.

Thanks for proving my point. May you grow up to regret your current position on this matter.

proved your point that people are whiny little girls and will get offended over anything?

i swear i could step on a leaf and someone would cry about it. people need to grow up and stop acting like little brats. if everything as small as the word rape offends you, im sorry but you should stay hidden in your house. forever. so i dont have to deal with reading your asshatery and seeing buckets of tears because i killed someone in lol and said get raped.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a problem in internet world in general, not just gaming world
    Anonymous people who can do whatever they want and not be punished mostly go the assholes way not the kind way
    The real problem is - as TB said - the other media (TV, newspapers, but TV mainly), they are fighting game media growth at any cost, after all it threat their living income and source, by influencing as much as possible any wrong idea, from racism to childish to "GTA make young people want to steal towns and destroy countries" (that accusation did happen sadly), the problem best solution is it will be solved in time
    I love DOTA style games and it is annoying that a girl can't play the game because ... she is girl? Coming from WoW I know how people usually look at girls they don't play as good as boys, heck even I early days I used to have same view (until I joined a hardcore raiding guild where Guild leader/ Main Tank/ Mage leader/ etc were all girls and found out they can play), because social media force the idea that girls are all about makeup and news celebrities and sports/violent games are something mainly boys only, and of course whoever play games is nerd who live in basement and have no life
    We passed nerd era and people accept gamers in general more, but still not female gamers yet

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 09:36 AM ----------

I can't play ranged AD role, I don't know if I'm worse than ever in that role or enemy just get better, but I suck horribly at that role, it seems I need to be carried heavily to play AD carry (pun intended)
    I really lost hope in that role, I give my team a big disadvantage if I got stuck in that role, any guide how to improve my already very low skill as ranged AD? With any ranged champ (got them all except MF and Jayce)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    proved your point that people are whiny little girls and will get offended over anything?

i swear i could step on a leaf and someone would cry about it. people need to grow up and stop acting like little brats. if everything as small as the word rape offends you, im sorry but you should stay hidden in your house. forever. so i dont have to deal with reading your asshatery and seeing buckets of tears because i killed someone in lol and said get raped.
    I suspect you're a lost cause, but let me boil it down for the others reading along.

The internet is not some magical land where your behaviour is consequence free. If you make people unwelcome in your community, whether by racism, sexism or any other form of unpleasant behaviour, this has consequences. Continually bringing up rape is one of those things that definitely contributes to the 'no girls welcome' miasma that hangs over the lol community. Now you may be ok with that, but I'm not, and I'll continue to advocate changing it. Gaming is a great hobby and I'd like more people to be able to enjoy it without dreading interacting with the community.

The 'if you don't like it leave' canard is just bullying, you wouldn't accept it for racist behaviour (I hope) why should people accept it for sexism? It's the people who are sexists who have the problem and should change.

I suspect you're a lost cause, but let me boil it down for the others reading along.

The internet is not some magical land where your behaviour is consequence free. If you make people unwelcome in your community, whether by racism, sexism or any other form of unpleasant behaviour, this has consequences. Continually bringing up rape is one of those things that definitely contributes to the 'no girls welcome' miasma that hangs over the lol community. Now you may be ok with that, but I'm not, and I'll continue to advocate changing it. Gaming is a great hobby and I'd like more people to be able to enjoy it without dreading interacting with the community.

The 'if you don't like it leave' canard is just bullying, you wouldn't accept it for racist behaviour (I hope) why should people accept it for sexism? It's the people who are sexists who have the problem and should change.
    only girls get raped amrite?

if there were consequences for offending every little baby who is offended by something, we would all be screwed. anyone can pretend to be offended by whatever they want. do a lot of people get offended by the "n" word? id say yes. do 99% of them feel as offended when they are alone or not in the spotlight of forums, cameras, or other people? probably not.

it goes both ways. you can say people are offensive because of anonymity , but i can just as easily say people are offended because of publicity. this may not be the case all of the time, but you are fooling yourself if you dont believe a large margin of people offended by these things, are only distraught to gain attention, for a pity party, or for some other personal gain.

we determine what is offensive as a society. The only way to not offend anyone ever, is for people to let go of the past (n word, rape, fag, bitch) and start realizing no one says these to offend them. as barbaric as it may seem they have evolved to hold new meaning from previous derogatory ones. when i yell get raped to my friend, 99% of people know exactly what i mean. they know im not saying hey Justin, i want you to walk outside, find a stranger, and let him sexually demean and invade you. people know i mean you got fking served you bad kid. now just because of the 99% of people who understood what i said, 10% choose to be offended for whatever ulterior or falsely altruistic motive, should i be forced to alter what i say? i dont think so.

i think your whole line is just a load of bs. and i dont say that to offend you, i say it to hope you realize that hypersensitivity isnt something that can allow anyone move forward or help anyone. It is just something that will reinforce actual negative behavior. if you allow me saying the word rape to offend you, when it has nothing to do with you, then you are handing over power to those who will actually use these words, these actions, in a negative manner. stop lending it power and allow it to be nothing more then a new ebonic term used in a community.

Deleted
    only girls get raped amrite?

if there were consequences for offending every little baby who is offended by something, we would all be screwed. anyone can pretend to be offended by whatever they want. do a lot of people get offended by the "n" word? id say yes. do 99% of them feel as offended when they are alone or not in the spotlight of forums, cameras, or other people? probably not.

it goes both ways. you can say people are offensive because of anonymity , but i can just as easily say people are offended because of publicity. this may not be the case all of the time, but you are fooling yourself if you dont believe a large margin of people offended by these things, are only distraught to gain attention, for a pity party, or for some other personal gain.

we determine what is offensive as a society. The only way to not offend anyone ever, is for people to let go of the past (n word, rape, fag, bitch) and start realizing no one says these to offend them. as barbaric as it may seem they have evolved to hold new meaning from previous derogatory ones. when i yell get raped to my friend, 99% of people know exactly what i mean. they know im not saying hey Justin, i want you to walk outside, find a stranger, and let him sexually demean and invade you. people know i mean you got fking served you bad kid. now just because of the 99% of people who understood what i said, 10% choose to be offended for whatever ulterior or falsely altruistic motive, should i be forced to alter what i say? i dont think so.

i think your whole line is just a load of bs. and i dont say that to offend you, i say it to hope you realize that hypersensitivity isnt something that can allow anyone move forward or help anyone. It is just something that will reinforce actual negative behavior. if you allow me saying the word rape to offend you, when it has nothing to do with you, then you are handing over power to those who will actually use these words, these actions, in a negative manner. stop lending it power and allow it to be nothing more then a new ebonic term used in a community.
    Toe the party line, pretend nothing is wrong, and we'll let you play with us? No thanks.

The world is 50% female, the lol community is 90% male, something is out of whack here, saying it's women's responsibility to change is victim blaming at it's finest, you're the one doing something wrong, you change.

Toe the party line, pretend nothing is wrong, and we'll let you play with us? No thanks.

The world is 50% female, the lol community is 90% male, something is out of whack here, saying it's women's responsibility to change is victim blaming at it's finest, you're the one doing something wrong, you change.
    wrong is subjective, i think you would be surprised at how many people truly feel the word rape is wrong.

yes 90% of lol are men. What are the stats on other games? similar id bet, and can you correlate that to behavior? perhaps. or is it much more likely that, gaming as an industry started predominately with men. That, women often look down on guys who play games. that gamers are often seen as basement dwelling nerds by mainstream media. that women who play games are often seen as weird by OTHER WOMEN/FRIENDS/FAMILY. A guy who is a nerd seems almost common, but a women is an entirely different story. Not because of sexism, because its NEW. Gaming as a whole is still relatively new, mainstreaming it is still something in the works, as it becomes more mainstreamed women will play, grandparents will be playing, business men will be playing. If gaming becomes as mainstream as television, then the people who utilize it will become more diverse.

I severely doubt anyone saying rape, has any impact on females playing. i would say social paradigms have a much larger impact in addition to preconceived notions on who should and shouldn't play video games. Stop blaming men, stop blaming individuals, and blame people for caring. Blame her friends for caring if she wants to play LoL or WoW instead of what society views she should b doing. Blame dick guys that think people who play games are nerds, douches, weirdo's, or basement dwellers. Blame YOUR own very social paradigms for the need to place blame on men. You are the problem.