1. #19321
    Dreadlord Kenai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Posts
    963
    K thx. I don't plan on posting there much but seeing the Trollpole go limp when it's probably a bug and 0 posts about it broke my heart.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

  2. #19322
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenai View Post
    Sooo...did I get banned from the LoL forums if I can't start threads and everything says "Access Denied" when I try. I made *one* thread asking about Fizz's E, that went something like "Not sure if it's intentional or not, but Fizz E isn't dodging a lot of moves it used to pre-patch pre-patch *listed 3 examples*" and that's it. I can't see that as a conceivable reason for a ban and it's the first thing I ever posted on the site, but I don't know what else it could be.
    Log out, log in again. If that fails, clear cookies.

  3. #19323
    So im not the most active when they change patch notes. I tend to pick up news about champions or other big changes, like the new jungle. But i was definitely not prepared for this new UI.

    So do people enjoy it? Personally im finding it annoying, but i guess its because im not used to it yet.
    Also, does it have any new functions, aside from the "youre supposed to find things in the shop a lot easier now"? I noticed some of the "offensive items" recomendations etc. Can you change those to suit your tastes anywhere?

  4. #19324
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Near the Red Buff
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    So im not the most active when they change patch notes. I tend to pick up news about champions or other big changes, like the new jungle. But i was definitely not prepared for this new UI.

    So do people enjoy it? Personally im finding it annoying, but i guess its because im not used to it yet.
    Also, does it have any new functions, aside from the "youre supposed to find things in the shop a lot easier now"? I noticed some of the "offensive items" recomendations etc. Can you change those to suit your tastes anywhere?
    I find it a lot harder to find items in the shop, sigh. New shop is trash. So's the UI. It's way, way too fancy and complicated. Too many flashy effects, lights, completely unnecessary.

    By the way, wasn't Katarina supposed to be nerfed around here? She's still dumb as shit.

  5. #19325
    I am Murloc! Grading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Myouren Temple
    Posts
    5,355
    The new UI and shop is really a lot better, it looks way smoother. People are just not used to it. Just give it time.

    Also, sure, Katarina is pretty crazy right now, but I'm more worried about Diana... for some reason she seems to be really strong again.

  6. #19326
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Near the Red Buff
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    The new UI and shop is really a lot better, it looks way smoother. People are just not used to it. Just give it time.
    Difference of opinion, I guess. I dont find it smooth at all, I find the effects and lights unnecessary. It's like those new web-designers who wants to add all kinds of cool stuff, but in the end all it does is making things weird and annoying to look at. The old UI was smooth, relaxing. Sure it's all pretty to look at, but meh.

  7. #19327
    Pandaren Monk Kurdiern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    CA-LI-FORNIA GIRLS, I'M IRRESISTABLE!
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    The new UI and shop is really a lot better, it looks way smoother. People are just not used to it. Just give it time.

    Also, sure, Katarina is pretty crazy right now, but I'm more worried about Diana... for some reason she seems to be really strong again.
    When did she get strong again? She's always been strong, even after the nerfs when she was released. People started to pick her up around World Finals, around the time I picked her up, and she showed her strength in Tales of the Lane, with IPL5 being her spotlight.

    She has high damage, great mobility, good utility, and scaling tankiness with her shield. Her Q is also dirt fucking cheap at 55 mana every rank meaning her poke is ridiculous. Maybe a mana increase on Q and a scaling/base value reduction on her W. I just hope Riot doesn't go overboard.

  8. #19328
    Moderator Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Elchea Library
    Posts
    3,600
    I like and dislike the new UI. I like the level indicators, but I don't see the need for all the new fancy borders. Also, the scaling seems off and everything is too small at max size. It should be able to get bigger. It is a little cleaner though, with the options located above the map instead of just in a random bar at the bottom.

    The new shop is pretty cool, but it bugs out sometimes and it was much easier for me to navigate the old one. I'm sure I just have to get used to it though.

    Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

    Steam | Twitter

    LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

  9. #19329
    Hi LoL section of MMO-Champion!

    Since preseason 3 started, I've gone from 1200 to 1500 Elo. All through Season 2 I was hovering at around 1100-1200. Has Elo in general gotten easier to come by, or have I gotten better? (I.e., has anyone else noticed the same thing?)

  10. #19330
    Quote Originally Posted by CHNurf View Post
    Hi LoL section of MMO-Champion!

    Since preseason 3 started, I've gone from 1200 to 1500 Elo. All through Season 2 I was hovering at around 1100-1200. Has Elo in general gotten easier to come by, or have I gotten better? (I.e., has anyone else noticed the same thing?)
    Well ELO has been a bit volatile so you might have been a bit lucky or something or you´ve just improved a lot. ELO hasn´t become easier to get, just keep playing and if you´re good enough for 1500 you will stay there.

  11. #19331
    Moderator Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Elchea Library
    Posts
    3,600
    Quote Originally Posted by CHNurf View Post
    Hi LoL section of MMO-Champion!

    Since preseason 3 started, I've gone from 1200 to 1500 Elo. All through Season 2 I was hovering at around 1100-1200. Has Elo in general gotten easier to come by, or have I gotten better? (I.e., has anyone else noticed the same thing?)
    ELO reset, you get greater gains in ELO your first few games and it'll even out eventually. Depending on when you stopped playing ranked, you could have gotten much better, or yes, you got lucky.

    Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

    Steam | Twitter

    LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

  12. #19332
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    I find it a lot harder to find items in the shop, sigh. New shop is trash. So's the UI. It's way, way too fancy and complicated. Too many flashy effects, lights, completely unnecessary.
    The "theme" of the new UI just doesn't fit LoL, in my opinion. Feels WAY too much like Protoss in SC2.
    I guess I can get used to finding stuff in the new shop UI, but having "recommended" be a seperate tab is just annoying.

  13. #19333
    I really like new items and shop and ui, especially i love the new wards items and active items for support.

  14. #19334
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    ELO reset, you get greater gains in ELO your first few games and it'll even out eventually. Depending on when you stopped playing ranked, you could have gotten much better, or yes, you got lucky.
    Huh.

    Seeing as my Match History from 1400+ is currently all green except for a game where I got trolled hard, I'm feeling good about this!

  15. #19335
    I am Murloc! Grading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Myouren Temple
    Posts
    5,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    When did she get strong again? She's always been strong, even after the nerfs when she was released.
    Yeah, she is probably just one of those champs that fell out of favor, then people picked her up again and they found she is still perfectly viable. But man, is she strong. To me, she's like a Katarina or Akali with slightly less mobility, but way more tankiness.

    Also, really feels like a lot of people are nitpicking on the new UI, especially when they complain about "flashy lights" and stuff. Seems like something really minor to complain about. The old UI just looked outdated as hell.

  16. #19336
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Yeah, she is probably just one of those champs that fell out of favor, then people picked her up again and they found she is still perfectly viable. But man, is she strong. To me, she's like a Katarina or Akali with slightly less mobility, but way more tankiness.

    Also, really feels like a lot of people are nitpicking on the new UI, especially when they complain about "flashy lights" and stuff. Seems like something really minor to complain about. The old UI just looked outdated as hell.
    The new UI is fine, I just don't understand why they went all Protoss for the "theme" instead of sticking with the more "fantasy"-y theme from before the patch.

  17. #19337
    I am Murloc! Grading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Myouren Temple
    Posts
    5,355
    Myeah... Yeah, you have a point. It looks pretty Sci-Fi/Pulsefire-ey. Though I still prefer it over the old one.

    There's probably people on the official forums who think the same. Might wanna head over there and chip in. They might change it. Who knows.

  18. #19338
    I kinda dislike the new Sunfire Cape particle around your champ. =(

  19. #19339
    It's official. I can't play for shit anymore.

  20. #19340
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    It's official. I can't play for shit anymore.
    What do you mean "anymore"?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •