10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Price Reduction Announcement for Yorick, Udyr, Leona and Wukong.
    Yeah the temptation to pick up Urdyrr after the IP reduction is tempting, but there's so much QQ about how he sucks now.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Aww I bought Leona just a bit ago y_y

Anyway, interested in Yorick muchly!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    I'm sorry, but how is Darius any worse than Olaf who runs up to you and hits you for true damage, Renekton who spins at you or Riven who just jumps at you, stuns then dashes away? Along a multitude of other champions. Have you met a good Rumble, even?

This sounds fishy.
    You can still outplay Riven (as hard as it may be) and punish her for her mistakes. You can outplay Olaf, same with Renekton. The difference is that wiith Darius, at some point, he'll just dive you and instantly kill you because getting bleed stacks is honest to god a breeze. He's instagibbing you no matter how far behind he is, his damage REMAINS THE SAME.

Renekton falls behind? He'll lack tankyness AND damage.

Riven falls behind? Less damage, less AD=less shields.

Olaf falls behind? Less tankyness, and less damage.

Darius falls behind? Less tankyness. Still the abillity to instagib players.

The reward/risk is just not balanced at all with Darius. You don't get punished enough for making mistakes and falling behind.

Yes I've met plenty good Rumbles. Again, he can be outplayed, he can miss his ulti by missclick, you can ACTUALLY TRADE with Rumble and get ahead if you play it smart. You can't do that with Darius unless you're one of those 2 champions who (I'm not gonna say counter him, because they "counter" everyone top by being strong laners and snowballers) can do damage, stun and then dash away; Riven or Renekton.

I've shut down loads of Riven's, and Renekton's. I have NEVER accomplished in successfully shutting down a Darius to the point where he's ACTUALLY BEHIND and NOT able to kill someone 1V1. Which is a fucking joke. This ofcourse excludes the obvious lategame ADC's who'll tear up most champions. I've gotten him 0/3, 0/5, 0/6 with less than 150CS @ 20minutes and he'll still wreck faces.
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2013-01-15 at 07:48 PM.

Deleted
    I predict Foxfire Ahri will be on sale together with Ahri next week for those interested. Pretty much every skin released around the same time as foxfire has been on sale recently and since she is free this week it makes sense.

I didn't compare Olaf's E to Darius' ultimate, I compared them in general, in the laning phase.
    What? Comparing them in general is comparing them.

I just can't fathom why people complain about Darius when there are bruisers who are just as bad, if not worse, to meet in lane.

(Also, you can't tell me a Darius spinning a little bit and pulling people places is more scary than an Olaf who pops his ulti, ghosts in and just proceeds to not give a damn while he crushes your squishies to a tiny pulp? Olaf's ultimate doesn't even do damage, yet it's that scary.)
    I'm not saying Olaf's ult isn't scary, but you also just mentioned him having to use a summoner spell on top of it. Now if Olaf's ult reset after he killed you, I bet there would be some complaining.

Imagine if Cho'gath's ult reset instead of giving health...people would be doing the same complaining. The reason they don't is because it goes on cooldown (even if it is a fairly short one).

Deleted
    I bought Yorick and Leona 3 and ~2 months ago, respectively. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's any consolation, I bought Wukong for RP because of the Jade Dragon sale the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Darius does, way, way more damage than Olaf.
    Why? How does he do so much more damage? Is it just his abilities that are strong, or that it's easy to hit with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    You can still outplay Riven (as hard as it may be) and punish her for her mistakes. You can outplay Olaf, same with Renekton. The difference is that wiith Darius, at some point, he'll just dive you and instantly kill you because getting bleed stacks is honest to god a breeze. He's instagibbing you no matter how far behind he is, his damage REMAINS THE SAME.
    I don't see how Darius can suddenly become so strong that he just kills you. I've never had the problem where Darius did too much damage to me in the laning phase, compared to other top bruisers.

Granted, his ultimate is strong, but if he manages to get stacks on you and kill you with it, I don't see how other bruisers couldn't damage you just as much. I'm just not seeing how he's so much better at hitting stuff and dealing damage than other bruisers.

Darius falls behind? Less tankyness. Still the abillity to instagib players.
    Okay, if he is allowed to hit you enough times to stack up the bleed and then get an ulti off, sure. But if you're letting him do that without dying or being CC'd, AND he's behind, then it's not him that's too strong.

Yes I've met plenty good Rumbles. Again, he can be outplayed, he can miss his ulti by missclick, you can ACTUALLY TRADE with Rumble and get ahead if you play it smart. You can't do that with Darius unless you're one of those 2 champions who (I'm not gonna say counter him, because they "counter" everyone top by being strong laners and snowballers) can do damage, stun and then dash away; Riven or Renekton.
    So you're saying that Darius just deals massive damage the moment you get close, but Rumble/Riven/Renekton/others don't? Sorry, that just seems silly to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Geist19 View Post
    What? Comparing them in general is comparing them.
    You were comparing Olaf's E, which is a normal ability with true damage, that deals pretty high damage too, to Darius' ultimate which he can only use when you're VERY low on health, or if he gets enough stacks on you, or he'll risk putting it on cooldown for a while.

I'm not saying Olaf's ult isn't scary, but you also just mentioned him having to use a summoner spell on top of it. Now if Olaf's ult reset after he killed you, I bet there would be some complaining.
    Olaf doesn't have to Ghost, it's just to get to beat people down even faster and reach those in the back. If people are smart, Darius isn't gonna get close to ANYONE without Ghost/Flash either. He's really easy to kite.

I'm gonna be honest here; it's been a long time since I saw a really good Darius, and the only ones I've seen succeed are the ones who met people I know aren't too good.

I just don't buy that he's "sooo strong", or he would be played all the time. You know, like Evelynn or Katarina?
    Last edited by NotValidAnymore; 2013-01-15 at 08:21 PM.

I agree that he isn't "soooo strong" especially not against more skilled players but against less-skilled players and in 3v3 or Dominion he is an absolute beast.

I like the new ideas they have for him from a conceptual stand point. Though spreading stacks to everyone to me needs changed because that could be a disaster just waiting to happen.

Deleted
    @Grading

I suck at posting so I´m not quoting that. Well it´s both really, you can´t avoid his Q when you choose to trade and his numbers are just insane damage wise.

Katarina and Evelynn are a lot more fun to play though, not to mention they don´t really have counters. Anyways I don´t actually think he is OP but he dumps on a big pool of top laners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stand in your minions so his Q pushes the lane if he chooses to use it. He has zero escapes. Voila, you just made your life a lot easier. And sure, he dumps on a lot of top laners. He's not the only one though. Try Elise and see how she fares against some of them. Or Teemo. He murders some of the more common picks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or Teemo. He murders some of the more common picks.
    I thought people have said to not pick Teemo to counter Darius because his AA range is the same as Darius' E.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    I´m not one to talk though, I pretty much only play Irelia and she beat like 90% of all top laners in S2.

Darius stuff
    The point is that Darius either beats you, or you beat him, and its totally based on whether you've counter picked him or whether you've not counter picked him. For example, if you play Kennen, you'll beat Darius. However if you pick literally any melee in the game, you lose to Darius. His bleed makes him a very strong trader, he has an AS reduction and a short range hook for if you try to disengage. I mean literally the only "bruiser" that has ever beaten Darius was Jayce, who happens to have the best disengage outside of supports.

Darius is an "all or nothing" champion. Where if you happen to be another melee you'll be going home with nothing. Olaf for example cannot win top lane by maxing E, he can trade great, but you'll shove the lane into his tower and without Q maxed his wave shit is clear, so provided you don't keep commiting suicide you'll outscale him and reach his weaker late game. But what do you do vs Darius in this situation? Like when Jax can't beat him, and Jax is possibly the only melee hypercarry the game has seen (Tryndamere is a maybe) as well as possibly the strongest 1v1 in melee situations, doesn't that tell you something is wrong?

Also on Ghost/Flash, Wingsofdeath plays Darius with both, he don't need no ignite, just stay on people and they're gaurenteed to die before you do. Darius ult doesnt even have that long of a CD 100/90/80 compared to Garens 160/120/80 (this ones a joke btw, 160? fix that shit Riot.)

On the topic of broken vs balanced. Lets grab Vayne. Vayne has what Riot have confessed to be the most broken ability they have ever put in the game, Silver Bolts. They have admitted that there is no way in hell to balance this ability and they regret ever putting it in. However is Vayne OP? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    I thought people have said to not pick Teemo to counter Darius because his AA range is the same as Darius' E.
    That counts for most of the ranged champions which are played top. Teemo can be played against Darius but you have to be very careful (he's so squishy) and he has to blind right before he gets hit by the auto + w combo after the pull. All the work just to have less impact in a teamfight than Darius.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    On the topic of broken vs balanced. Lets grab Vayne. Vayne has what Riot have confessed to be the most broken ability they have ever put in the game, Silver Bolts. They have admitted that there is no way in hell to balance this ability and they regret ever putting it in. However is Vayne OP? No.
    Other than that, Vayne's kit isn't toxic to the game though, and somehow they managed to balance it by making her earlygame very weak, as well as toning her down from her release state. While other champions have kits that are actually toxic and overpowered, therefore detrimental to the game (i.e. Release Evelynn, Release Heimerdinger, Release Xin Zhao, Yorick). And some champion kits simply don't work in the current meta (i.e. the burst/combo champs: LeBlanc, Annie, Brand, Veigar, not to mention Karma.)

Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    That counts for most of the ranged champions which are played top. Teemo can be played against Darius but you have to be very careful (he's so squishy) and he has to blind right before he gets hit by the auto + w combo after the pull. All the work just to have less impact in a teamfight than Darius.
    That as well. People still forget that the laning phase is just one part of the game.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    I didn't say that he murdered Darius. I think it's a damn stupid idea to pick Teemo vs Darius, but then again, I think it's a damn stupid idea to pick Teemo in the first place.

I agree that he isn't "soooo strong" especially not against more skilled players but against less-skilled players and in 3v3 or Dominion he is an absolute beast.

I like the new ideas they have for him from a conceptual stand point. Though spreading stacks to everyone to me needs changed because that could be a disaster just waiting to happen.
    Well yeah, he's strong against less experienced people, but that's a common thing for "those" champions (you know the kind. Yi, Tryndamere, etc.).
    I was just confused as to actual smart people could have so much trouble with him.

Also, if they made him strong, in the sense of "effort is rewarded" then I wouldn't mind the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    @Grading

I suck at posting so I´m not quoting that. Well it´s both really, you can´t avoid his Q when you choose to trade and his numbers are just insane damage wise.

Katarina and Evelynn are a lot more fun to play though, not to mention they don´t really have counters. Anyways I don´t actually think he is OP but he dumps on a big pool of top laners.
    It's the same with most champions though. Get close and they'll just hit you for free harass. The only issue I'm having is seeing how Darius' hits are worse than other champions, though I will say it's not exactly hard to hit people with him when they get too close.

However, Katarina and Evelynn are on a whole other plane of bullshit because they, like Darius, have burst damage, but also WAY too much mobility with it. Darius actually has to get close and stuff, Katarina and Evelynn can just jump/sneak up on people, burst them for TONS OF DAMAGE then get away pretty easily, which is pure bullcrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Stuff
    I agree that Darius is "all or nothing". The problem I have is that people seem to make him out to be unbeatable. Sure, he's really strong, but that's mostly the only thing he is. I will say that the attack speed reduction is something I was only aware of recently, but I heard they're removing it as it's pretty overkill.

Also, I don't think Jax should beat Darius early game, as Jax arguably scales way better into late game.

Another thing: Darius has a pretty slim chance of getting away if he's ganked. Jax has Leap Strike, Olaf can slow, Riven can jump, Renekton can spin, Teemo can run fast, Garen can just run like a little girl, and so on. Darius can slow one person, in melee range. You could put summoner spells in here, but that's equal for everyone.

I'll end it with this note: there are two main things that bother me with him, and that's his AS reduction, and his ultimate is a bit too strong in lane. I mean, he can pretty much just end a duel when he wants if he gets enough stacks (Garen does this too, although not exactly as strong, but he doesn't need to stack anything).

I'm not saying Darius is balanced. I'm just saying people make him out to be something more than he is sometimes.

Deleted
    Darius pick in Ranked, counterpick with Kayle, gg easy win, your Darius is invalid.

Or if you're a first pick top instalocker, ask for jungle ganks, he can't do shit to escape them except run away like the slug he is.

Can anyone give me tips for top lane/last hitting?

I've just finished my first 5 ranked placement games and it put me at about 1100 ELO. I don't want to go back into another game because I keep getting yelled at ALL the time. Generally I fall behind by like 20/30 farm, but I ward, call ss, go to team fights etc and I don't know why I'm being yelled at, usually it's just a "OMG U STUPID <insert current champ name here> FCKING IDIOT". So I assume it's from falling behind in farm a bit or doing something else I don't know.

So does anyone have tips for last hitting better?
    Can you make it so it won't attack the closest thing to you if you're not attacking anything? That's hella annoying.
    Could you recommend me some top champions to try? I've been playing olaf but I don't think I'm great with him (or I'm building him wrong)

Thanks for any help
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.