10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to tell what you're doing wrong with this little info, tbh.

What else could help ^^?
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    What else could help ^^?
    Got LoLRecorder downloaded? You could upload the games and have them looked over

I'll try that, although I'm a bit embarrassed because I'm not a great player

Edit: Pooh, forgot to download LoLRecorder (new pc) had it on my laptop -_-. Downloading it now for future games.
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Yeah, no offense, but all we're really getting is that you're yelled at because you're a small amount of cs behind the other guy.
    Surely there's something else to it? Because that doesn't seem like a whole lot.

I know it's something else, sorry if it makes out I'm trying to sound cocky or anything I'm really not, I know I'm doing something more wrong

Forget that bit then, I'll try playing a few more games first and then upload replays. But any tips to my second questions ^^?

So does anyone have tips for last hitting better?
    Can you make it so it won't attack the closest thing to you if you're not attacking anything? That's hella annoying.
    Could you recommend me some top champions to try? I've been playing olaf but I don't think I'm great with him (or I'm building him wrong)

What else could help ^^?
    If you are moving around you won't be swinging at the closest thing to you, just in general moving around is good to avoid harass from the enemy laner and to get in position for last hitting.

Though I think 'S' stops attacks? Haven't tried it personally.

As for top laners to try, Jax, Cho'gath, Irelia. All strong champions. Garen is cheap and can be a beast up top especially against people who are overconfident.

Deleted
    Easiest way is to spam rightclick and S on an enemy.
    It also looks and sounds hilarious in most cases.

Spam right click and S on an enemy? To stop the auto swinging? Should just be an option for it :P Thanks for the top laner suggestions, I think I'll try Garen

I know it's something else, sorry if it makes out I'm trying to sound cocky or anything I'm really not, I know I'm doing something more wrong
    Oh, no no, don't worry, you don't sound cocky at all. You sound just fine. Sorry if I said something bad.

Can you make it so it won't attack the closest thing to you if you're not attacking anything? That's hella annoying.
    Could you recommend me some top champions to try? I've been playing olaf but I don't think I'm great with him (or I'm building him wrong)
    I don't know about the first. All I can tell you is that some people get better by doing custom games and training at last hitting. It might be smart to do so if you feel it's taking too much focus to do it in addition to paying attention to everything else.

Try to get used to pressing S when you want to stop moving. It'll stop all movement and auto-attacking, so you don't have to keep clicking around.

Olaf is kind of a champion you have to be really "quick" about. You need to do stuff fast with him to bring out his full potential.

I can't think of many champions. There's Jayce who switches between melee and ranged, for when you need to safely farm from a distance, and when you need to get close and bring the pain.

Sorry, simple top champions isn't my area of expertise. I'm sure someone else will help with that though.
    EDIT: Yes, Garen is pretty simple. He's kind of susceptible to ranged poke though, but he's fairly tanky and does decent damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone give me tips for top lane/last hitting?

I've just finished my first 5 ranked placement games and it put me at about 1100 ELO. I don't want to go back into another game because I keep getting yelled at ALL the time. Generally I fall behind by like 20/30 farm, but I ward, call ss, go to team fights etc and I don't know why I'm being yelled at, usually it's just a "OMG U STUPID <insert current champ name here> FCKING IDIOT". So I assume it's from falling behind in farm a bit or doing something else I don't know.

Thanks for any help
    Go into custom games and practice. A Popular thing to do in Dota 2 is pick Shadowfiend (Great animation, very very low base damage) and see how many CS you can get in 10 minutes. You can do the same thing in League. CS is a mechanic and therefore you can learn and improve on it.

Pressing S makes your character stop and not attack. Just get into the habit of hitting it whenever you stop or just constantly keep moving. You could also just rekeybind stuff.

Top champions? Riven, Renekton, Olaf, Cho'Gath, etc...There are a ton of possible top champions. If you want t a specific answer I'd pop over to the "What champion should I buy" thread and give us some more specific information on what type o champion you're looking for.

On the whole Darius thing...He's fine. He has damage and the potential to snowball. That's all. He's easily shut down in lane by either:

a) Picking the right counter (Kennen, Kayle, Yorick, etc...)
    b) Getting ganks (He naturally pushes and has no mobility at all).
    c) Both l0l

If you shut him down in lane then those True Damage ults in the teamfight? He'll be dead before he can get them off is he's underfarmed and weak from ganks/counterpicking. Sure, he may not be the most fun champion to play against, but honestly? Who enjoys playing against a Vlad, Teemo, Eve, etc? This whole "Everything must be 100% fun and fair" type mindset is a bit annoying. Counters exist, counterplay exists. You just don't like him because his kit is fucking easy really.

Deleted
    easiest way to get good CS is to start with +15 ad runes.

I'm okay with last hitting it's self, what I can't handle is an enemy champion poking at me constantly and getting me low enough that I have to really hold back or B and still beat my farm ^^ or is that due to not enough practice at last hitting?

Thanks for the S tip, I'll keep that in mind when I do stay still at times and thanks for the champion suggestions. I have olaf, riven, garen, and a few others I think I'll experiment a bit. And the only thing I hate about darius is his ultimate :P (then again who doesn't)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Go into custom games and practice. A Popular thing to do in Dota 2 is pick Shadowfiend (Great animation, very very low base damage) and see how many CS you can get in 10 minutes. You can do the same thing in League. CS is a mechanic and therefore you can learn and improve on it.

Pressing S makes your character stop and not attack. Just get into the habit of hitting it whenever you stop or just constantly keep moving. You could also just rekeybind stuff.
    I do recommend doing this. I have a friend who was not the best at top lane, and when we got her to do some custom games where all we did was cs her games started to improve a lot. You specifically (Sythari) mentioned that csing was the problem, so I would do this. If you are getting denied cs, then that's another story. If you are getting zoned you either need jungle presence or you just have to last hit under your tower. Top lane can be very unforgiving.

Can anyone give me tips for top lane/last hitting?

I've just finished my first 5 ranked placement games and it put me at about 1100 ELO. I don't want to go back into another game because I keep getting yelled at ALL the time. Generally I fall behind by like 20/30 farm, but I ward, call ss, go to team fights etc and I don't know why I'm being yelled at, usually it's just a "OMG U STUPID <insert current champ name here> FCKING IDIOT". So I assume it's from falling behind in farm a bit or doing something else I don't know.

Thanks for any help
    If you like you can post a replay in this thread and people will look over it and give you tips and what not.

(someone please post something that's not an ap carry or a support)

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    I do recommend doing this. I have a friend who was not the best at top lane, and when we got her to do some custom games where all we did was cs her games started to improve a lot. You specifically (Sythari) mentioned that csing was the problem, so I would do this. If you are getting denied cs, then that's another story. If you are getting zoned you either need jungle presence or you just have to last hit under your tower. Top lane can be very unforgiving.

If you like you can post a replay in this thread and people will look over it and give you tips and what not.

(someone please post something that's not an ap carry or a support)
    This happens A LOT (a lot meaning probably 4/5 placement games). Usually when they have their jungler at top all the time I hug the turret and last hit from their and jungle doesn't help :P

And yes, I'll definitely post in that thread after my next game you're all so friendly

10+ Year Old Account
    This happens A LOT (a lot meaning probably 4/5 placement games). Usually when they have their jungler at top all the time I hug the turret and last hit from their and jungle doesn't help :P

And yes, I'll definitely post in that thread after my next game you're all so friendly
    The most important thing to do when you are being camped top is to not die. If you miss a bunch of cs it's ok, the jungler "wasted" a lot of time there. It depends on the context of the game if it was wasted or not, but that's a different discussion. What it means though is that your jungler is probably somewhere else on the map since he wasn't there. Now assuming your jungler isn't horrible some other lane should have pressure from your jungler. Maybe they won't get kills, but they will get denied cs too.

I would recommend playing olaf if you are having this trouble. Of course if you are olaf, you shouldn't be having this trouble. He can duel in the lane very well and has a massive true damage nuke. If you do get pressed up against the tower, say because you are being camped, Undertow is amazing for farming. It hits quite hard with just the base damage and can be picked up to lower/refresh the cd.

Deleted
    Spam right click and S on an enemy? To stop the auto swinging? Should just be an option for it :P
    Nooooooooo no no no no no no. I don't know whether Lycoris is just making fun of you now or he's high on catnip, but that's hardly the easiest way to stop auto attacks. ;D

You can press S to just stand still and not attack anything, but that's not a good way. Best way is to constantly, at all times, run around. 10x harder to hit skillshots on you for bot the enemy laner and possibly ganking jungler and stops you from attacking minions. Also makes it easier to engage if you wish to do so.

Yes I've been playing with olaf when it happens. My damage can't out-do theirs or I'm blasted from long range. I think in 1 game was vs Jayce, 1 vs Jax, 1 vs Darius, the others I forgot but each time they had jungler hugging them qq. Alright going to go into a game now, would you say I shouldn't play olaf since it seems I can't duel well?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Nooooooooo no no no no no no. I don't know whether Lycoris is just making fun of you now or he's high on catnip, but that's hardly the easiest way to stop auto attacks. ;D

You can press S to just stand still and not attack anything, but that's not a good way. Best way is to constantly, at all times, run around. 10x harder to hit skillshots on you for bot the enemy laner and possibly ganking jungler and stops you from attacking minions. Also makes it easier to engage if you wish to do so.
    Just make sure you run around randomly and not in a pattern, as good players will recognize it and destroy you. (Hiyaaa NIDA SPEAR TO THE FACEEEEEEEE)

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 11:40 PM ----------

Yes I've been playing with olaf when it happens. My damage can't out-do theirs or I'm blasted from long range. I think in 1 game was vs Jayce, 1 vs Jax, 1 vs Darius, the others I forgot but each time they had jungler hugging them qq. Alright going to go into a game now, would you say I shouldn't play olaf since it seems I can't duel well?
    I'd say you got into some hard lanes. Jayce is a big, mean bully in top, but @6 you should be able to trade with him, or even kill him. Go all out, because of your ultimate he can't disengage and unless fed, you win in a straight-up fight. Jax is yours earlygame. Darius, fuck that guy.

Just keep playing him, you'll get better eventually (with the right attitude).
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2013-01-15 at 10:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like you've been being camped. I haven't seen you play so I can't really make a call. Play what you are comfortable playing, that's the most important thing. Though I would advise having multiple champs that you are comfortable with.