Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    Did they seriously nerf Viktor? Wow... I don't know what to say anymore...
    That they have no clue about what they are doing? The rework is going to be ok, i hope...
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

I love how some people are acting like these changes have gone through already. More importantly both of the site (that I read) that have PBE have notes about the fact that the changes are to the AIR Client and not into the GAME client and needs to be taken with a grain of salt. But whatever, who likes to read?

Just to put Reign of Gaming's notes here for anyone curious:

SUPER BIG IMPORTANT: It appears there is no game client with this patch yet, and only an air client patch, that is why AP and AD scaling is missing. Please ignore the scaling (ad/ap) numbers, as there is no way to confirm these yet without a game client patch. Also air client does not hold "range" data for all abilities, 0 are auto filled.

AGAIN READ: Do not rage about any nerfs yet, there is no way to verify changes yet. (however, the gameStats_en_US DB is showing this information for the air client..). However things can differ from air client and game client on the PBE, this is why I do not want to say "confirmed"
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2013-01-21 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    You should see the Chinese splash arts for Garen, a lot of them are just this tiny guy in a huge set of armor. (You can see them at LoL's Wikia page.)

All the skins look cool to me. Of course, I'm a fairly positive guy, but at least when it comes to the splash arts, they've gotten insanely awesome to look at.

Also why does everyone create 4 pages of talk when I'm sleeping jeez
    Chinese Sanguine Garen looks like Gawain from Fire Emblem 9/10 (PoR/RD, Ike's dad) lol.
    Rugged Garen looks exactly the same except with thunder in the back.
    Commando Garen looks kinda off with the spin, he doesn't look fierce enough :/
    The rest: Ehh... I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Magnus is the most balanced hero in the entirety of ARTS history.
    Well I guess Magnus is stronk, 5 sec stun, AD steroid with cleave, and the ult makes people get together so his cleave is even more ridiculous, lol.
    I still want to try a super wombo combo once though, Crix Ult + ES ult + Magnus ult or DS vacuum/wall, and then something like Disruptor Ult or Enigma or something, FLASHY LIGHTS.
    ~ "I've got a special deal... a one way ticket to hell!" ~

Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Chinese Sanguine Garen looks like Gawain from Fire Emblem 9/10 (PoR/RD, Ike's dad) lol.
    Rugged Garen looks exactly the same except with thunder in the back.
    Commando Garen looks kinda off with the spin, he doesn't look fierce enough :/
    The rest: Ehh... I dunno.
    I was thinking more about things like Darkforge Garen. Those shoulders are larger than his head, not to mention his actual armor.

Enigma
    BLAAACK HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    I was thinking more about things like Darkforge Garen. Those shoulders are larger than his head, not to mention his actual armor.

BLAAACK HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE!
    I always thought the Rugged Garen splash/ingame model looked off, he is waaaaaaay too skinny in that skin. (Harhar)
    I feel like he should just be a robust, musculine, thick armored man-mode champion who goes where he pleases (Mundo with armor), but Rugged Garen doesn't give me that feel.
    Also @ Darkforge Garen,l I think he looks way too much like Darius in that splash, huge shoulderpads and this murder-like face.

@Black Hole, Imagine everyone on the team having radiance lol.

@Black Hole, Imagine everyone on the team having radiance lol.
    Radiance burn doesn't stack, even across multiple heroes.
    Well I guess Magnus is stronk, 5 sec stun, AD steroid with cleave, and the ult makes people get together so his cleave is even more ridiculous, lol.
    Not stronk, blatantly overpowered.

I can tell this is a LoL thread.

Fortunately I don't play Dota 2 seriously enough to meet Magnus too often.

Also, I always imagined Rugged Garen being set in more of a "fantasy"-esque world, considering his clothes. I can't think of a world where I could draw a parallel right now, but people in those kinda fantasy-games are always ridiculously powerful without having the body to support it.

I think it looks badass anyway, though I have to admit I like the splash art a bit more than the in-game skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Radiance burn doesn't stack, even across multiple heroes.
    Not stronk, blatantly overpowered.
    I can tell this is a LoL thread.
    Well sorry for retiring from WC3 DotA and not being that interested in DotA2 that much (One of my favorite heroes isn't even in the game anymore, fucking Abaddon).
    And I never really see Magnus, but I'm low level so that's probably why. (Better pick 5 carries hurr durr)

I think http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...tlasSuperpower might explain the amazing feats your average Champion usually pull off.

And Dota 2 sucks. *hides*

P.S: It really doesn't, but my friends on that front have abandoned me. ._.

Edit: They actually removed heroes? I thought they were just darn slow exporting them to Dota 2.
    Last edited by Raminax; 2013-01-21 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    Garen looks like a bad SC2 ripoff, I don't like it :<
    It's Warhammer man. WARHAMMER. SC(2) is W40k ripoff.

Just by the way, is it me, or he looks kinda like young Arnold Schwarzenegger there?

Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    Edit: They actually removed heroes? I thought they were just darn slow exporting them to Dota 2.
    Think they're just slow with putting him in, the fact doesn't change that he's not in the game though.

"One previous account, shookl2, registered one of the highest harassment scores ever recorded."
    I like how they keep records of that

Hmm is that player from Mouz Dutch? Looks like it, judging by the last name. (Maybe Belgian?)

Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    "One previous account, shookl2, registered one of the highest harassment scores ever recorded."
    I like how they keep records of that
    "Another earlier account, JungleReject, received 436 reports in only 135 games."

This comment caught my eye.

So many cool skins coming up! Warring Kingdoms Jarvan & Xin, plus Steel Legion Garen. Can't fucking wait!

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 03:39 PM ----------

Garen looks like a bad SC2 ripoff, I don't like it :<
    I don't think that's very fair to say, since most of the skins are massive rip offs from other media.

Also, it's a Warhammer 'rip off', not SC2

Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    So many cool skins coming up! Warring Kingdoms Jarvan & Xin, plus Steel Legion Garen. Can't fucking wait!

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 03:39 PM ----------

I don't think that's very fair to say, since most of the skins are massive rip offs from other media.

Also, it's a Warhammer 'rip off', not SC2
    Oh well. Looks like a bad rip-off nonetheless.. I don't like it still :P

Anyways, http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...mes_1_million/ have a look at this TF Play. Holy crapballs.

It's kind of sad that people are so full of bile.

As for the skins, Steel Legion Garen isn't all that amazing. Bit generic. I hope Steel Legion Lux doesn't turn into a mountain of impractical shoulderpads too. All of the Lunar Revel ones this year are great, though, except for Jade Fang Cassiopeia. Just looks a bit... unfinished/unpolished or something, compared to the other four. :<
    Last edited by Raminax; 2013-01-21 at 02:53 PM.

Think they're just slow with putting him in, the fact doesn't change that he's not in the game though.
    If I recall correctly, Abaddon is slated to be the last hero to be put in the game. Or I *THINK* he is. Either him or Legion Commander, I forget who. But I'm pretty sure I heard about Abaddon in that relation.

I am in no way an expert on Dota, I just bring forth the information I remember, because I read a lot. Which sometimes ends up with me knowing a lot about games without having ever played them.

---

On skins: I notice a lot of people don't like skins if they don't sprout out the "COOL!"-factor at face value. But coolness isn't always seen up front.

Also, speaking about Warhammer: everything Blizzard has done has been accused of being a Warhammer-ripoff of some kind.
    Last edited by NotValidAnymore; 2013-01-21 at 02:57 PM.

I like these public executions. Always a fun read.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."