Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    Please stop, the system is broken and people still can't seem to grasp that idea.
    "Your MMR is too low" is the biggest myth/lie ever about League of Legends, seriously.

Example: I'm Gold I, and my LP gains are low as hell, I get matched with Diamond players (Low MMR huh?) and if I win, I get ~ +5 LP.
    I then proceed to lose one game while said Diamond players are on my team and I lose a whopping 26 LP.
    Once you get into a division, you can't get dropped from it other than inactivity. All diamond players shouldn't necessarily be in diamond, but once they do get in diamond, they can't drop down. You're matched according to MMR, not division. Getting matched with people in diamond means nothing other than those people have similar MMRs and probably shouldn't have been in diamond in the first place. People are moving up and down every day using the same system you're playing on.

Deleted
    Please stop, the system is broken and people still can't seem to grasp that idea.
    "Your MMR is too low" is the biggest myth/lie ever about League of Legends, seriously.

Example: I'm Gold I, and my LP gains are low as hell, I get matched with Diamond players (Low MMR huh?) and if I win, I get ~ +5 LP.
    I then proceed to lose one game while said Diamond players are on my team and I lose a whopping 26 LP.

i'm gold 5 i get 25-30 lp a win and lose around 16 while my friend only get around 15 lp for a win and loses 20

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    Once you get into a division, you can't get dropped from it other than inactivity. All diamond players shouldn't necessarily be in diamond, but once they do get in diamond, they can't drop down. You're matched according to MMR, not division. Getting matched with people in diamond means nothing other than those people have similar MMRs and probably shouldn't have been in diamond in the first place. People are moving up and down every day using the same system you're playing on.
    So what you're trying to say is that Diamond 2 Ezreal and Diamond 4 Malphite I had in my game are low MMR too?

10+ Year Old Account
    So what you're trying to say is that Diamond 2 Ezreal and Diamond 4 Malphite I had in my game are low MMR too?
    One word: Athene

--

That said, I seem to recall it being stated that by the time you hit your promotion series that LP gain slows down, so your MMR has a chance to go beyond what's required for the next tier. That way you won't instantly drop down as soon as you lose a single match. I'd hazard the guess that this system is harsher still for going from from Silver>Gold>etc.

this was your example:

So Diamond players get placed on your team, you most likely have a higher MMR as a whole than the other team and thus a higher chance to win against the other team. You still don't win so you lose more points because the game is thinking you should have (hopefully makes complete sense). Same scenario and you win. The game was already expecting you to win because you had a higher MMR than the other team, so you don't gain very much. It really doesn't seem that complicated.

If the pair up is 10,000 MMR verse 6,000 MMR (obviously super fake numbers) the game expects the 10,000 MMR team to win and thus they should be punished more heavily for losing, and rewarded less for winning. That's what it seems like your example is and I'm not sure how that doesn't make complete sense.

[e] A problem with the system would be if it didn't reward the winning team that beat your diamond team larger (ie. a larger LP gain because they shouldn't have won). Do you know if it did or didn't?
    Last edited by refire; 2013-05-02 at 09:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way I see it, is that it means that your mmr is similar to the diamond's mmr. So, the system is putting you way ahead of the league you are currently in because you play at that level, and because of this you should be getting absurd LP gains. Though it could also have been a random one game fluke where someone out of your mmr got in cause they duo'd with someone.

I've had a challenger in one of my games while I was gold V, and it was very strange. That was pretty obviously a duo Q, but weird things happen. The system isn't perfect like you say, but it is better than you are giving it credit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    this was your example:

So Diamond players get placed on your team, you most likely have a higher MMR as a whole than the other team and thus a higher chance to win against the other team. You still don't win so you lose more points because the game is thinking you should have (hopefully makes complete sense). Same scenario and you win. The game was already expecting you to win because you had a higher MMR than the other team, so you don't gain very much. It really doesn't seem that complicated.

If the pair up is 10,000 MMR verse 6,000 MMR (obviously super fake numbers) the game expects the 10,000 MMR team to win and thus they should be punished more heavily for losing, and rewarded less for winning. That's what it seems like your example is and I'm not sure how that doesn't make complete sense.

[e] A problem with the system would be if it didn't reward the winning team that beat your diamond team larger (ie. a larger LP gain because they shouldn't have won). Do you know if it did or didn't?
    Enemy team was filled with Diamonds as well, so I don't know how my MMR was higher than theirs. Even so, why do I get matched with those people? That makes no sense.
    "You're Gold I, so here's some Diamond players so you don't actually promote, kthxbai"

Enemy team was filled with Diamonds as well, so I don't know how my MMR was higher than theirs. Even so, why do I get matched with those people? That makes no sense.
    "You're Gold I, so here's some Diamond players so you don't actually promote, kthxbai"
    When i were in silver 3 i played against a team with a couple of diamond players..

By the 12 minute mark our jungler had a 0/3/0 score and then promptly left without a word. Our mid was 0/4/0 calling me (2/2/0) fucking noob (we had no negative influence in her deaths. completely her own fault) She then left. Our nasus was 0/4/0 and had lost two turrets (nothing i could do to help as i was busy fighting in my own lane against fed jungler /mid roaming). Lost by the 17 min mark. Bye bye 20 LP Match making system is borked and i refuse to agree with having a system to tries to put you in a lower bracket just because. It's like an evil ex-girlfriend just trying to fuck you over. "Ohh you won 7 out of the last 10 games? well thats results in a 5 LP total gain !"

Broken system is broken...
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    The next wave of summoner name cleanups will happen soon.
    That's so awesome. Everyone get ready to grab the name you want!

10+ Year Old Account
    You're confusing your current rank with your MMR.

I could win all my placement matches against Silver and Gold players, and end up in Bronze V because they all had terrible MMR.
    I could win all my placement matches against Silver and Gold players, and end up in Gold because they all had awesome MMR.

To be honest they should just show your ELO again.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how, but i got placed against full stack team (players had nicknames like this "HHU NICKNAME")and all of them had plat borders. I am still it silver 1.

And all this shit with getting ~95 LP, and then suddenly DROPPING to 0 after winning a game, is it happened to anyone, or it just me? Wrote a letter to riot support, they ignored it (or they are soo busy that can't contact me for 2 weeks)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Annie is now my favorite champ in ARAM. 3 pentas with tibbers.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Deleted
    Man I love playing with/against Diamond players in normal as long as they don't go "it's only normal scrub no one cares". In ranked, I can imagine the flame being worse "omg silver/bronze scrub gg feed". Yeah, no wonder I still haven't started ranked after my promise I would with the new league system

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    Man I love playing with/against Diamond players in normal as long as they don't go "it's only normal scrub no one cares". In ranked, I can imagine the flame being worse "omg silver/bronze scrub gg feed". Yeah, no wonder I still haven't started ranked after my promise I would with the new league system
    Tbh, I never had many troubles with the whole Elo flaming because it just didn't happen. Now the very first "argument" I get is "You're just a Silver tier scrub, shut up".

I mean I started in like Bronze V or something, went to Silver 1 like a hot knife through butter, then lost about 9 games because I had this crazy idea to play Ranked on a Sunday (don't EVER play ranked on a sunday). And now I haven't touched ranked in a few months for some reason. 1 game you get called a Silver scrub for telling some Diamond player he should really start using his brains instead of his ego. Next game the enemy team says I should certainly be Gold 1.

Quite sad how people think you're just bad because you don't focus on Ranked constantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Well seeing Zed appear on your screen, followd by a "splatch" and [Player X] Is Dominating! was getting boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really starting to consider building some supports as offensive for fun... Just gotta figure out which ones to do so on.

I'm not sure, but I think this was a bit of a one-sided match. Wish I could say I could do this well every game with carries :/
    (sorry about being hyper, but I'm on energy drinks and I have an exam in about six hours, and I'm studying while playing to keep this stuff in my head, and that game was just... Kinda amusing. That and the time of the game.)
    Last edited by Seriesh; 2013-05-03 at 09:39 AM.
    Is it a bad thing if I'm slightly bored out of my wits half the time even in real life?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriesh View Post
    I'm really starting to consider building some supports as offensive for fun... Just gotta figure out which ones to do so on.
    Works best on Janna as far as "classic" supports work tbh. It empowers her tornado so you can clear waves, you probably get more CDR for more shields/ult, your shield gains A LOT of strenght, and your ult will actually heal for massive amounts too. Morrelonomicon should almost be core tbh.
    Also works, obviously, on Nidalee, Lux, Zyra and Elise. Imo Sona is too squishy to build AP, Lulu doesn't scale that well (ult), Soraka has too long cd/too short range, Alistar needs to go tank, Leona needs to tank, Thresh could work I guess. Probably forgetting some.

@Zed nerfs, there we go, guess I'm not buying him. Elise still OP!
    ((I love both of their playstyles, I'm not buying/playing them because they are OP. But I am on very limited IP so I do want to pick something that works well)).