Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    Enemy team was filled with Diamonds as well, so I don't know how my MMR was higher than theirs. Even so, why do I get matched with those people? That makes no sense.
    "You're Gold I, so here's some Diamond players so you don't actually promote, kthxbai"
    When i were in silver 3 i played against a team with a couple of diamond players..

By the 12 minute mark our jungler had a 0/3/0 score and then promptly left without a word. Our mid was 0/4/0 calling me (2/2/0) fucking noob (we had no negative influence in her deaths. completely her own fault) She then left. Our nasus was 0/4/0 and had lost two turrets (nothing i could do to help as i was busy fighting in my own lane against fed jungler /mid roaming). Lost by the 17 min mark. Bye bye 20 LP Match making system is borked and i refuse to agree with having a system to tries to put you in a lower bracket just because. It's like an evil ex-girlfriend just trying to fuck you over. "Ohh you won 7 out of the last 10 games? well thats results in a 5 LP total gain !"

Broken system is broken...
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    The next wave of summoner name cleanups will happen soon.
    That's so awesome. Everyone get ready to grab the name you want!

Enemy team was filled with Diamonds as well, so I don't know how my MMR was higher than theirs. Even so, why do I get matched with those people? That makes no sense.
    "You're Gold I, so here's some Diamond players so you don't actually promote, kthxbai"
    Your LP gains slow down as you start going closer to 100, and the higher your league is (ie 1 vs 5), the less points you'll receive and the more you'll lose.

For you to get promoted "quickly" the system wants you to have a much, much higher MMR than the threshold.

You're confusing your current rank with your MMR.

I could win all my placement matches against Silver and Gold players, and end up in Bronze V because they all had terrible MMR.
    I could win all my placement matches against Silver and Gold players, and end up in Gold because they all had awesome MMR.

To be honest they should just show your ELO again.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/2/2
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked

I don't know how, but i got placed against full stack team (players had nicknames like this "HHU NICKNAME")and all of them had plat borders. I am still it silver 1.

And all this shit with getting ~95 LP, and then suddenly DROPPING to 0 after winning a game, is it happened to anyone, or it just me? Wrote a letter to riot support, they ignored it (or they are soo busy that can't contact me for 2 weeks)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Annie is now my favorite champ in ARAM. 3 pentas with tibbers.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Man I love playing with/against Diamond players in normal as long as they don't go "it's only normal scrub no one cares". In ranked, I can imagine the flame being worse "omg silver/bronze scrub gg feed". Yeah, no wonder I still haven't started ranked after my promise I would with the new league system

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    Man I love playing with/against Diamond players in normal as long as they don't go "it's only normal scrub no one cares". In ranked, I can imagine the flame being worse "omg silver/bronze scrub gg feed". Yeah, no wonder I still haven't started ranked after my promise I would with the new league system
    Tbh, I never had many troubles with the whole Elo flaming because it just didn't happen. Now the very first "argument" I get is "You're just a Silver tier scrub, shut up".

I mean I started in like Bronze V or something, went to Silver 1 like a hot knife through butter, then lost about 9 games because I had this crazy idea to play Ranked on a Sunday (don't EVER play ranked on a sunday). And now I haven't touched ranked in a few months for some reason. 1 game you get called a Silver scrub for telling some Diamond player he should really start using his brains instead of his ego. Next game the enemy team says I should certainly be Gold 1.

Quite sad how people think you're just bad because you don't focus on Ranked constantly.

Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Well seeing Zed appear on your screen, followd by a "splatch" and [Player X] Is Dominating! was getting boring.

I'm really starting to consider building some supports as offensive for fun... Just gotta figure out which ones to do so on.

I'm not sure, but I think this was a bit of a one-sided match. Wish I could say I could do this well every game with carries :/
    (sorry about being hyper, but I'm on energy drinks and I have an exam in about six hours, and I'm studying while playing to keep this stuff in my head, and that game was just... Kinda amusing. That and the time of the game.)
    Last edited by Seriesh; 2013-05-03 at 09:39 AM.
    Is it a bad thing if I'm slightly bored out of my wits half the time even in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by Seriesh View Post
    I'm really starting to consider building some supports as offensive for fun... Just gotta figure out which ones to do so on.
    Works best on Janna as far as "classic" supports work tbh. It empowers her tornado so you can clear waves, you probably get more CDR for more shields/ult, your shield gains A LOT of strenght, and your ult will actually heal for massive amounts too. Morrelonomicon should almost be core tbh.
    Also works, obviously, on Nidalee, Lux, Zyra and Elise. Imo Sona is too squishy to build AP, Lulu doesn't scale that well (ult), Soraka has too long cd/too short range, Alistar needs to go tank, Leona needs to tank, Thresh could work I guess. Probably forgetting some.

@Zed nerfs, there we go, guess I'm not buying him. Elise still OP!
    ((I love both of their playstyles, I'm not buying/playing them because they are OP. But I am on very limited IP so I do want to pick something that works well)).

Heh, yeah. 10 of the kills in that game were before my first death, where I had just had the base chalice and some boots, and I kinda just started getting kills. Most of those champs I don't even have though, mainly because I spent some IP getting some of the 450 point champs, then I got Sona for use and Lux for fun (Final Spark is dear to my heart for two reasons), and since then... Yeah.
    Ideally, I'll get more used to other roles, and be able to work with things like initiations with the tanky-types soon, because I have the bad issue of "oh no I'm taking damage run away" and that's not very... useful.
    Ah well, study study study play a game study study study.
    Is it a bad thing if I'm slightly bored out of my wits half the time even in real life?

I don't get people in this game. Playing aram as Xin, enemy team has afk. enemy olaf decides to have a bit of fun and was like "1v1 anyone?" So I'm like sure why not? Head into a bush, start duking it out. His team comes and kills me. We're both like wtf?!?! y u do dis? Fast foward to the game is almost ending, olaf's like "ok this time we really 1v1" again, start duking it out, and the enemy anivia comes and ruins it! Both times I get called gay by the kassadin. Like...I don't even. My mind is just boggled. Whatever though, despite their afk it was a fairly fun game for me atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    Annie is now my favorite champ in ARAM. 3 pentas with tibbers.
    She's very strong in aram because of her aoe burst. She's pretty awesome in there.
    Those Zed nerfs...

;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriesh View Post

[IMG]http://imgur.com/nTXsBGJ[IMG]

I'm not sure, but I think this was a bit of a one-sided match. Wish I could say I could do this well every game with carries :/
    (sorry about being hyper, but I'm on energy drinks and I have an exam in about six hours, and I'm studying while playing to keep this stuff in my head, and that game was just... Kinda amusing. That and the time of the game.)
    Building AP on almost every support in ARAM is always good, except Soraka because her abilities don't up that much with AP, I mean, they do but for her to do damage as AP is quite risky because she needs to get close, and some people like to get even closer because of her Q so they can do aoe damage to everyone, then people wonder why they died...

As soraka, I usually go full support or tanky support or tanky ap. I always get Bulwark on her, then I could go Iceborn Glauntet, like you did on Sonna(though I don't get that on her because she spams spells a lot and Lich Bane does give her a lot of damage), or Frozen Heart since both give me CDR, maybe both even if the other team is heavy ad.

That's what I build on her most of the time but I haven't managed to make games last that long when I play her so I can see what else I'd buy so that's it at the moment... but getting Abyssal Scepter would probably be a good idea if the other team is AP or a Banshee's/Twin Shadows(pretty good item because of the gp5 item). If your team has a lot of APs you could also get wota, helps a lot.

As for damage items, I think I'd only get one full damage item and it'd be Rabadon's I guess. Getting Zhonya's probably good too. The thing with Soraka is that you don't need to go full AP to do things because she already does a lot as not AP, and being tanky most of the times is good on her, though if your team is full tanks, I guess going AP instead is better but I don't know to be honest, haven't gotten one so I can't really experiment...

But that's it, on other supports I just go full AP or tanky AP. No idea Nami but I think with her it could go either way, like Soraka.
    Morrelonomicon should almost be core tbh.
    I dislike that item a lot. If it's because of the mana regen you're getting that, go Athene's instead, it's a lot better in mana regen, gives cdr too and MR. A lot better than Morrelo.
    Imo Sona is too squishy to build AP, Lulu doesn't scale that well (ult)
    Wrong. Sonna is quite powerful as AP and her ulti does scale quite well with AP considering her other abilities. Her poke as AP is fucking amazing, especially if you have a Lich Bane, she doesn't always need to auto attack to do damage because you can just get a bit close Q and get out fast without losing any HP.

AP Sonna is quite powerful.

Also, as for supports that are tanky by nature, like Leona, Alistar, going tanky or AP tanky with them is always your best option and don't go full AP, unless you're Alistar because going full AP on him actually works pretty damn well. Thresh AD works well too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I don't get people in this game. Playing aram as Xin, enemy team has afk. enemy olaf decides to have a bit of fun and was like "1v1 anyone?" So I'm like sure why not? Head into a bush, start duking it out. His team comes and kills me. We're both like wtf?!?! y u do dis? Fast foward to the game is almost ending, olaf's like "ok this time we really 1v1" again, start duking it out, and the enemy anivia comes and ruins it! Both times I get called gay by the kassadin. Like...I don't even. My mind is just boggled. Whatever though, despite their afk it was a fairly fun game for me atleast.
    Lol. Asking 1v1 in aram is always a bad idea.

Does anyone feel like, the closer you get to the weekend, more and more retards play this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I don't get people in this game either. What made you think anyone has any obligation to respect your 1v1 challenge? There is no reason for 8 other people to go along with what you two thought up.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I don't get people in this game either. What made you think anyone has any obligation to respect your 1v1 challenge? There is no reason for 8 other people to go along with what you two thought up.
    I guess it's just normal to hate fun.