10+ Year Old Account
    Explained a couple dozen times over:

Riot does not make the meta, the players do.

E.g.
    S1: ADC mid
    S2: 'standard' meta
    S3: Rotated lanes, 2v1s or ADC/Support both top or even mid. Nunu top lane. etc.

I'm plenty aware of that, it's just that how on earth can you win the laning phase when you're up against something like Thresh Tristana on bot as a normal ad carry and a top laner? At level 1 you don't possess enough burst or mobility to actually kill someone.

Deleted
    what Duilliath said.
    I lost 4 games straight because I'm forced into playing support or jungle when I have zero clue how to play them successfully, as I normally play mid or top.
    you should know all roles to the point where you can play them decently. You dont have to be the best, just know how to play them.

Those 4 games can be blamed on you more than anyone as far as i can see.

I'm aware that they can, I played poorly, and that's because I don't play those roles, nor do I really want to learn those roles, to me they're boring.

I'm just ranting. Hope you don't think i'm raging or trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    I'm plenty aware of that, it's just that how on earth can you win the laning phase when you're up against something like Thresh Tristana on bot as a normal ad carry and a top laner? At level 1 you don't possess enough burst or mobility to actually kill someone.
    Pick proper champions?

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 06:33 PM ----------

I'm aware that they can, I played poorly, and that's because I don't play those roles, nor do I really want to learn those roles, to me they're boring.

And you still expected to win?

you've completely missed the point

Deleted
    you've completely missed the point
    Your point was you want a queue defined by the current meta. It's been explained why that's not possible/will stagnate the game.

Then you said you did poorly because you have no intention of learning the roles.

What did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Sn0w View Post
    Your point was you want a queue defined by the current meta. It's been explained why that's not possible/will stagnate the game.

Then you said you did poorly because you have no intention of learning the roles.

What did I miss?
    I interpreted the meta post this way: I'm not forced into playing a support champion, I can play whatever I want, as long as it's successful, because the players choose the meta game, not Riot. So how can I do that successfully without getting royally shit on, keeping in mind I don't like playing support or jungle?

I just don't like the randomness of the queue system, where an entire team can be all looking to be a single role, or 4 people, or 3, etc... guess I just need to find friends to play 5s with

Deleted

Nahh but i think you're being a little...egoistic. You dont want to play jungle or support? Well expect to lose when you're pretty much forced into the roles by pick order. Do you think i enjoyed supporting or jungling at first? I didnt, and i sucked. But then i just said "fuck it, if i want to improve i will eventually have to learn this shit" so i spent like a whole sunday just spamming support or jungle, and eventually became a decent support that wouldn't drag my team down. Did the same with the jungling role and im pretty decent there aswell. I've gone from silver 3 to gold 3, almost gold 2 aswell by playing both support and jungler when needed for promotion series.
    Last edited by mmoc92d0ab2958; 2013-06-18 at 05:44 PM.

Deleted
    I interpreted the meta post this way: I'm not forced into playing a support champion, I can play whatever I want, as long as it's successful, because the players choose the meta game, not Riot. So how can I do that successfully without getting royally shit on, keeping in mind I don't like playing support or jungle?

I just don't like the randomness of the queue system, where an entire team can be all looking to be a single role, or 4 people, or 3, etc... guess I just need to find friends to play 5s with
    Because with nearly 2 years where the meta has been ADC+Support, the supports are pretty much defined. There will be the odd "revelation" (Fiddlesticks working against Blitz, for example). You're free to pick what you want to support with, but would you take Sona top? You're free to, of course, but it's going to be sub-par. And you are free to do what you want. You're free to roam, you're free to take the AD's CS, but at the end of the day, you're just gimping your team, because you're stalling your late game

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the issue.

You identify a problem (I can't/won't play certain roles). You then state you do not wish to fix the problem. Yet... you expect the problem to somehow magically be solved.

If -you- have a problem, -you- fix the problem. Doesn't just apply to LoL, but pretty much everything in life.

Deleted
    You can't just go "OI LETS GO DOUBLE BRUISER BOT AND ADC+ADC TOP GO GO!" and expect that to be a new meta. Thats not how meta works. You pick strategy A, which would be the current,(usually) adc+support bot, ap mid, jungler and bruiser top. This is countered by picking Strategy B, which could be split pushing all lanes with 2 or 3 globals on your team (shen, TF, panth), so people start picking strategy B all the time. This is then countered by picking strategy C. This is how meta change, not by picking what you like.

To me it sounds like you get that idea, but dont really think it through by picking something that actually works. Meta doesn't change over night unless there is some revelation in the official LoL tournament stream.

This is why there is pick order and call order. This is also where you have to learn all roles and adapt to what the team wants and needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Sn0w View Post
    Because with nearly 2 years where the meta has been ADC+Support, the supports are pretty much defined. There will be the odd "revelation" (Fiddlesticks working against Blitz, for example). You're free to pick what you want to support with, but would you take Sona top? You're free to, of course, but it's going to be sub-par. And you are free to do what you want. You're free to roam, you're free to take the AD's CS, but at the end of the day, you're just gimping your team, because you're stalling your late game
    Yeah, I understand. The problem is that it just feels like every game i'm forced into doing so to even have a chance, but I'm terrible at support and jungle, i'm plenty aware, and I pretty much screw the team over. I understand the basics, but I really don't know where the best warding locations are, when to buy oracles, where to put pink wards, etc. And I always seem to be far too aggressive for being a support.

Another question:... what on earth are you supposed to do when your adc has 40 cs at the 15 minute mark and is 0-1-0 and has spent most of the game flaming other people.... and then blames the loss on the support

Deleted
    Yeah, I understand. The problem is that it just feels like every game i'm forced into doing so to even have a chance, but I'm terrible at support and jungle, i'm plenty aware, and I pretty much screw the team over. I understand the basics, but I really don't know where the best warding locations are, when to buy oracles, where to put pink wards, etc. And I always seem to be far too aggressive for being a support.

Another question:... what on earth are you supposed to do when your adc has 40 cs at the 15 minute mark and is 0-1-0 and has spent most of the game flaming other people.... and then blames the loss on the support
    Count your losses, plan for the next game

Deleted
    Practice makes perfect. Personally i watch a ton of streams from diamon players, which is where i learn alot of stuff. Also, whenever you're getting ass rammed by the enemies learn where they placed wards and why. This is very valuable knowledge you cant let go to waste.

Mute and report

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc92d0ab2958; 2013-06-18 at 07:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBro View Post
    And that makes all the Heimerdinger, Sion, Poppy, and Sivir fans sad. Or maybe relieved, as we've seen how they screwed up Karma's rework.

So they're keeping part of the AP Yi still in his kit, but making it less annoying to face in lane.

Some other notes from Xypherous about his kit changes:

I can answer a couple things about the kit in the... 15 or so minutes I have here - sorry there isn't much. Solcrushed, who is handling a lot of the tight-end balance will be around in the afternoon, I think.

Playstyle and Kit

Overall, none of his targetting paradigms have changed - nor have any of the abilities changed in their use case. The majority of this was scaling, timing, cleanup and a couple minor retouches.

Alpha Strike

For example,Alpha Strike now scales off total Attack Damage, deals physical damage and has some light interactions with critical strike and attack speed.

Hitting an enemy will reduce the cooldown of Alpha Strike - while critical strike will add mini-crits to the skill based on your critical strike chance and damage.

Alpha Strike will have fixed travel time between bounces - so an Alpha Strike on 4 targets will give you a consistent time of untargetability, rather than being proximity based. This also means that your opponents will have a better sense of when you'll fade back in, so good luck on that.

Alpha Strike has lost its AP ratio... for now. We're experimenting with some models here under-the-hood for a pure AP playstyle - unsure how it'll fully pan out.

Alpha Strike now counts as movement for the purposes of items such as Statik Shiv.

Meditate

Meditate has changed from a flat armor / magic resistance boost to a % DR model as penetration was causing really weird damage potentials against what is supposed to be one of Yi's primary defense mechanisms.

It also restores more health the lower health you have - meditating at lower health will provide a bigger damage buffer / health restore in general than meditating at high health.

Wuju Style

Wuju Style has been changed from a flat boost to a % boost in total attack damage. This smooths out his power curve a bit better based on how well he's doing throughout the game, rather than spiking early at around level 9 and then really needing to snowball off a couple kills to remain decent.

Wuju's style's active now deals true damage based on a % of his total attack damage - Master Yi needs to be a threat, regardless of who he's attacking - but the damage difference between destroying squishy targets and piercing high armor targets was getting a bit absurd.

In general, Wuju Style will add less attack damage early but more and more as he builds additional Attack Damage and ranking it. We've compensated some of this early damage loss with an increase in base statistics and survivability.

Highlander

One of the things we noticed from continuous playtests was that the more you made Yi focus on Alpha Strike and Highlander gameplay - the more of a restriction Highlander became.

One of the primary skills a player needs to know while playing Yi is when to engage a fight - but seeing so many opportunities pass by because you were waiting for an apparently unrelated cooldown (Highlander) seemed counter-intuitive for the build.

Highlander now has a passive/active component - the passive restoring basic cooldowns on kills and assists - while the active keeps the speed benefits that the original highlander had. Note, however, that Highlander will not reset itself passively or actively.

Double Strike

Double Strike was operating in a burst paradigm that seemed anti-thesis to the continuous threat pattern that we wanted to build up - Especially with Alpha Strike becoming a larger part of threat for AD - this spiked his assassin pattern to an unhealthy level.

Double Strike has been retuned as a building-up paradigm. Every 4th attack, Master Yi's next attack will strike twice for 100% damage and 50% on the second hit - but he must use this additional double strike within the next couple of seconds - This also had some neat synergies with the retuned Alpha Strike and Wuju Style.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-06-18 at 08:14 PM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Hardly unexpected. Pizza feet were all the rage years ago, but they're woefully outdated by now.

Does anyone else hate Aatrox more then anything?

I don't find him OP in the sense of - I'll kill you so quick you won't even realize what happened ala Darius, just annoying. I caught him twice in his jungle at low health and both times he died, and by the time he came back alive and turned on his W his team reacted and killed me while he healed for about 125 a hit.

That passive and sustain just is... its like a worse version of AP Yi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBro View Post
    wow

No more AP Yi. Ah!