1. #32801
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Only play Nidalee in ARAMs(and use my full AP runepage, because I can just be a pussy and hide at the back), and in ARAMs just running at them as a squishy is suicide.
    Hehe. I just go flat mana regen yellows with her, along with a chalice, maybe tears, you can spam fairly well while controlling your mana, as long as you don't abuse heal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Really dislike her kitty form in SR, because jumping over walls/jumping in general feels so clunky(always jumps forward) when there's more directions than "charge!" and "retreat!". I could practice it more(and I can see the positive sides to it, and use them extensively in ARAM), but there are many champions I'd rather get good at than Nidalee, she's just way too situational as mid.
    I don't think she's that bad as ap mid but I don't know. Situational like you said I guess.

  2. #32802
    Herald of the Titans Muzual's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    足立さんの家に
    Posts
    2,861
    I'm not a mid/top player at all but I tend to see Nidalee be more effective in top than in mid. Mid Nid normally get's eaten alive by the enemy D:

  3. #32803
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I'm not a mid/top player at all but I tend to see Nidalee be more effective in top than in mid. Mid Nid normally get's eaten alive by the enemy D:
    The problem with mid nid is that you either go AD and do fairly decent/well/etc or do mostly bad because she can't use her Q in there that well.

    It basically becomes a farm lane for her as ap. If you focus too much on trying to hit your Q, you'll be losing a lot of CS and then she'll get shit mid game and so on.

    It can work but you need to have good experience on mid with her to pull it off, and to be against the right champion too. Or just play safe, clear waves fast with cougar, wait for ganks.

  4. #32804
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I was against a premade team yesterday, Thresh threw his lantern back, so enemy Blitz pulled himself in with it, then flashed forward so he was EVEN closer to me and Caitlyn... then missed his grab.

    Blitz, Varus and Thresh just slowly walked off, it was beautiful
    It is so hit and miss with Blitzcrank players. You either have an amazing one or one that isn't aware they are capable of grabbing an enemy.

  5. #32805
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I'm not a mid/top player at all but I tend to see Nidalee be more effective in top than in mid. Mid Nid normally get's eaten alive by the enemy D:
    Yeah. As Majad mentioned, spears are a pain to land in mid, because there isn't any curve to the lane/minions. The fact that spears are the only real damage she can do is quite painful mid as well, because if the other guy decides to all in you before 6, you just... spear, heal and run. No way of fighting back, and mid is very burst focused.

    And in ARAM I start boots, Tear and a bunch of pots, and then proceed to stay alive at the back forever(usually manage to get my first death around the time I can afford to instabuy Sorc Boots, Dcap and upgrade to Archangel's/Seraph's)

  6. #32806
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,216
    In the spirit of: 'You have to be able to fullfill every role' I learned every role, but Top I am the worst at.

    Funny that I don't play ranked but I do play all roles. :P

  7. #32807
    So about that nida spear dmg thing talked about a page or two back. I need it clarified based on my wording or i cant quite be sure.

    The dmg i calculated based on where nidalee is relative to the target hit, OR, the dmg is calculated relative to where the spear was fired and the target hit.


    I've always thought the dmg was calculated based on where the spear was fired and where the target is hit.

  8. #32808
    Herald of the Titans Muzual's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    足立さんの家に
    Posts
    2,861
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBro View Post
    So about that nida spear dmg thing talked about a page or two back. I need it clarified based on my wording or i cant quite be sure.

    The dmg i calculated based on where nidalee is relative to the target hit, OR, the dmg is calculated relative to where the spear was fired and the target hit.


    I've always thought the dmg was calculated based on where the spear was fired and where the target is hit.
    The first one is right, it's calculated based on where nidalee is relative to the target hit

    it should be when it was fired, but it isn't

  9. #32809
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,201
    The damage is calculated based on the distance between Nidalee and her target *AT THE TIME OF IMPACT*

  10. #32810
    After the last game, I have to ask something because it really surprised me:

    I was Aatrox jungle, and while my team wasn't doing so great, that's not the issue I had. The problem was that after minute 6 or 7, my midlaner started taking every wraith-spawn and oftentimes wolves too (he was Orianna so his good waveclear allowed him to spend a lot of time doing jungle wraiths) and my toplaner thought that golems belonged to his lane and took them every single spawn, so that even though I started taxing lanes for ganks, I ended up with 160 CS in a 50 minute game, obviously being incredibly underfarmed (enemy jungler had 300 CS at that point).

    I see a lot of Midlaners taking Wraiths as if they would belong to their lane, but where does this believe come from? Sure there are some junglers that can work without getting massive amounts of farm, but still the jungle is not part of a lane and it should be a priviledge for a laner to get camps/buffs (or shouldn't it?). I was just surprised because I asked my lanes to cut back on the jungle farming and they just ignored it and continued to do so. Was I wrong and should have known that all 3 camps would get constantly farmed by my lanes? If so, how would a jungler like Aatrox work at all, since you aren't the typical support-jungler like Nautilus or Jarvan that requires little farm as he is mainly an initiator and CC-machine (especially Naut) and can get a locket and/or aegis and still do his job fine, but for other champions, why do lanes think it is ok to constantly farm the creep camps in the jungle`?

  11. #32811
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    The first one is right, it's calculated based on where nidalee is relative to the target hit

    it should be when it was fired, but it isn't
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    The damage is calculated based on the distance between Nidalee and her target *AT THE TIME OF IMPACT*
    OK ty. I think that way of caluculating is bullshit I would prefer the other one. Thanks for taking time to respond to me! im kinda tired these days and im kinda slow during the evenings and mornings :P

  12. #32812
    Quote Originally Posted by Elendoil View Post
    Jungle camp stuff
    Laners taking jungle camps during downtime in their lane has been a fairly common thing for quite a while(since Season 2, I think?), even though Riot has tried to discourage it via various changes(changing big wraith's position, making the camps more single-target to avoid just having them AoEd down).
    I don't see people take Golems very often, but Wraiths are pretty much a part of midlane, and arguably Wolves too. Most junglers aren't really affected by this, because you're usually too busy ganking or covering lanes(which gives you quite a bit of farm) to consistently clear your buffs.
    The farm is "better" on midlaners anyway, in most cases, because junglers can do just fine with hardly any gold. The fact that farm junglers(Shyv, Yi, Mundo etc) are very rarely used makes it even less of a problem.

    Personally I only take Wraiths/Wolves on champions I know I can very easily waveclear with, because losing creeps in your lane is obviously not ideal. Examples of those champions would be Zed and Yi(and TF, but I don't really play him).

  13. #32813
    Quote Originally Posted by Elendoil View Post
    After the last game, I have to ask something because it really surprised me:

    I was Aatrox jungle, and while my team wasn't doing so great, that's not the issue I had. The problem was that after minute 6 or 7, my midlaner started taking every wraith-spawn and oftentimes wolves too (he was Orianna so his good waveclear allowed him to spend a lot of time doing jungle wraiths) and my toplaner thought that golems belonged to his lane and took them every single spawn, so that even though I started taxing lanes for ganks, I ended up with 160 CS in a 50 minute game, obviously being incredibly underfarmed (enemy jungler had 300 CS at that point).


    I see a lot of Midlaners taking Wraiths as if they would belong to their lane, but where does this believe come from? Sure there are some junglers that can work without getting massive amounts of farm, but still the jungle is not part of a lane and it should be a priviledge for a laner to get camps/buffs (or shouldn't it?). I was just surprised because I asked my lanes to cut back on the jungle farming and they just ignored it and continued to do so. Was I wrong and should have known that all 3 camps would get constantly farmed by my lanes? If so, how would a jungler like Aatrox work at all, since you aren't the typical support-jungler like Nautilus or Jarvan that requires little farm as he is mainly an initiator and CC-machine (especially Naut) and can get a locket and/or aegis and still do his job fine, but for other champions, why do lanes think it is ok to constantly farm the creep camps in the jungle`?
    Well, if they are able to farm like that then you've got (should have, i should rather say) a mean machine of a mid and toplaner due to increased gold income. When zyra was released i were able to take all wraiths and all wolves aswell as 100% the farm in midlane, and i swear to odin my farm went godlike. I had so much gold you wouldn't believe it. Surely, my jungler got behind their jungler, but it was made up for with my farm.

    Really it isn't theirs and its not really yours either, but the unwritten rule is that you get jungle, and laners get lane minions. Then you can make deals in individual games etc, but sometimes i will take wolves / wraiths if i have good enough wave clear just for the increased gold.

  14. #32814
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    The damage is calculated based on the distance between Nidalee and her target *AT THE TIME OF IMPACT*
    So does this mean that throwing the spear + running backwards = more damage? xD

  15. #32815
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    So does this mean that throwing the spear + running backwards = more damage? xD
    Apparently. Unless you're already at the max distance(250% damage)

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBro View Post
    Well, if they are able to farm like that then you've got (should have, i should rather say) a mean machine of a mid and toplaner due to increased gold income. When zyra was released i were able to take all wraiths and all wolves aswell as 100% the farm in midlane, and i swear to odin my farm went godlike. I had so much gold you wouldn't believe it. Surely, my jungler got behind their jungler, but it was made up for with my farm.
    Master Yi is an absolute monster for this. Get blue buff and you can easily clear your lane, wolves, wraiths and still have time to roam a little. If your enemies don't do anything about it, you'll have a full build significantly earlier than anybody else.

  16. #32816
    Epic! Riboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boubouille's Ear.
    Posts
    1,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    The first one is right, it's calculated based on where nidalee is relative to the target hit

    it should be when it was fired, but it isn't
    It actually was like that a long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

  17. #32817
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    It actually was like that a long time ago.
    I guess they changed it to nerf kitty Nid? Can't really think of any other reason they would've changed it from a completely logical system.
    Last edited by Drathos; 2013-07-05 at 06:34 PM.

  18. #32818
    I wish it didn't have a cap on how much it does based on distance. Else there would be amazing Nidalee/Thresh plays where the spear 1 shots people.

  19. #32819
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    I wish it didn't have a cap on how much it does based on distance. Else there would be amazing Nidalee/Thresh plays where the spear 1 shots people.
    Well it already can if they don't buy MR and you are extremely fed. :P

  20. #32820
    I'm having questions about building Morgana at early game, starting items mostly because should i start dorans + 2 pots or 2 faeries charms+3 pots(Chalice) i believe Dorans delay your build but it early is so nice then you have to sell it for a really crappy price. What should i do?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •