Deleted
    So about that nida spear dmg thing talked about a page or two back. I need it clarified based on my wording or i cant quite be sure.

The dmg i calculated based on where nidalee is relative to the target hit, OR, the dmg is calculated relative to where the spear was fired and the target hit.

I've always thought the dmg was calculated based on where the spear was fired and where the target is hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    The damage is calculated based on the distance between Nidalee and her target *AT THE TIME OF IMPACT*

Deleted
    After the last game, I have to ask something because it really surprised me:

I was Aatrox jungle, and while my team wasn't doing so great, that's not the issue I had. The problem was that after minute 6 or 7, my midlaner started taking every wraith-spawn and oftentimes wolves too (he was Orianna so his good waveclear allowed him to spend a lot of time doing jungle wraiths) and my toplaner thought that golems belonged to his lane and took them every single spawn, so that even though I started taxing lanes for ganks, I ended up with 160 CS in a 50 minute game, obviously being incredibly underfarmed (enemy jungler had 300 CS at that point).

I see a lot of Midlaners taking Wraiths as if they would belong to their lane, but where does this believe come from? Sure there are some junglers that can work without getting massive amounts of farm, but still the jungle is not part of a lane and it should be a priviledge for a laner to get camps/buffs (or shouldn't it?). I was just surprised because I asked my lanes to cut back on the jungle farming and they just ignored it and continued to do so. Was I wrong and should have known that all 3 camps would get constantly farmed by my lanes? If so, how would a jungler like Aatrox work at all, since you aren't the typical support-jungler like Nautilus or Jarvan that requires little farm as he is mainly an initiator and CC-machine (especially Naut) and can get a locket and/or aegis and still do his job fine, but for other champions, why do lanes think it is ok to constantly farm the creep camps in the jungle`?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    The first one is right, it's calculated based on where nidalee is relative to the target hit

it should be when it was fired, but it isn't
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    The damage is calculated based on the distance between Nidalee and her target *AT THE TIME OF IMPACT*
    OK ty. I think that way of caluculating is bullshit I would prefer the other one. Thanks for taking time to respond to me! im kinda tired these days and im kinda slow during the evenings and mornings :P

Quote Originally Posted by Elendoil View Post
    Jungle camp stuff
    Laners taking jungle camps during downtime in their lane has been a fairly common thing for quite a while(since Season 2, I think?), even though Riot has tried to discourage it via various changes(changing big wraith's position, making the camps more single-target to avoid just having them AoEd down).
    I don't see people take Golems very often, but Wraiths are pretty much a part of midlane, and arguably Wolves too. Most junglers aren't really affected by this, because you're usually too busy ganking or covering lanes(which gives you quite a bit of farm) to consistently clear your buffs.
    The farm is "better" on midlaners anyway, in most cases, because junglers can do just fine with hardly any gold. The fact that farm junglers(Shyv, Yi, Mundo etc) are very rarely used makes it even less of a problem.

Personally I only take Wraiths/Wolves on champions I know I can very easily waveclear with, because losing creeps in your lane is obviously not ideal. Examples of those champions would be Zed and Yi(and TF, but I don't really play him).
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted

I was Aatrox jungle, and while my team wasn't doing so great, that's not the issue I had. The problem was that after minute 6 or 7, my midlaner started taking every wraith-spawn and oftentimes wolves too (he was Orianna so his good waveclear allowed him to spend a lot of time doing jungle wraiths) and my toplaner thought that golems belonged to his lane and took them every single spawn, so that even though I started taxing lanes for ganks, I ended up with 160 CS in a 50 minute game, obviously being incredibly underfarmed (enemy jungler had 300 CS at that point).

I see a lot of Midlaners taking Wraiths as if they would belong to their lane, but where does this believe come from? Sure there are some junglers that can work without getting massive amounts of farm, but still the jungle is not part of a lane and it should be a priviledge for a laner to get camps/buffs (or shouldn't it?). I was just surprised because I asked my lanes to cut back on the jungle farming and they just ignored it and continued to do so. Was I wrong and should have known that all 3 camps would get constantly farmed by my lanes? If so, how would a jungler like Aatrox work at all, since you aren't the typical support-jungler like Nautilus or Jarvan that requires little farm as he is mainly an initiator and CC-machine (especially Naut) and can get a locket and/or aegis and still do his job fine, but for other champions, why do lanes think it is ok to constantly farm the creep camps in the jungle`?
    Well, if they are able to farm like that then you've got (should have, i should rather say) a mean machine of a mid and toplaner due to increased gold income. When zyra was released i were able to take all wraiths and all wolves aswell as 100% the farm in midlane, and i swear to odin my farm went godlike. I had so much gold you wouldn't believe it. Surely, my jungler got behind their jungler, but it was made up for with my farm.

Really it isn't theirs and its not really yours either, but the unwritten rule is that you get jungle, and laners get lane minions. Then you can make deals in individual games etc, but sometimes i will take wolves / wraiths if i have good enough wave clear just for the increased gold.

Deleted
    So does this mean that throwing the spear + running backwards = more damage? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Apparently. Unless you're already at the max distance(250% damage)

Quote Originally Posted by BigBro View Post
    Well, if they are able to farm like that then you've got (should have, i should rather say) a mean machine of a mid and toplaner due to increased gold income. When zyra was released i were able to take all wraiths and all wolves aswell as 100% the farm in midlane, and i swear to odin my farm went godlike. I had so much gold you wouldn't believe it. Surely, my jungler got behind their jungler, but it was made up for with my farm.
    Master Yi is an absolute monster for this. Get blue buff and you can easily clear your lane, wolves, wraiths and still have time to roam a little. If your enemies don't do anything about it, you'll have a full build significantly earlier than anybody else.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    The first one is right, it's calculated based on where nidalee is relative to the target hit

it should be when it was fired, but it isn't
    It actually was like that a long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    I guess they changed it to nerf kitty Nid? Can't really think of any other reason they would've changed it from a completely logical system.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2013-07-05 at 06:34 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    I wish it didn't have a cap on how much it does based on distance. Else there would be amazing Nidalee/Thresh plays where the spear 1 shots people.
    Well it already can if they don't buy MR and you are extremely fed. :P

I'm having questions about building Morgana at early game, starting items mostly because should i start dorans + 2 pots or 2 faeries charms+3 pots(Chalice) i believe Dorans delay your build but it early is so nice then you have to sell it for a really crappy price. What should i do?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    I wish it didn't have a cap on how much it does based on distance. Else there would be amazing Nidalee/Thresh plays where the spear 1 shots people.
    And then you have the terrible enemy Blitzcrank who pulls you even further away. Killing a teammate that way is almost as bad as giving a free initiate.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    And then you have the terrible enemy Blitzcrank who pulls you even further away. Killing a teammate that way is almost as bad as giving a free initiate.
    That gave me an idea, if Blitzcrank's pull could pull friendly targets then Nid could throw a spear and Blitz could pull the friendly nid for extra damage. :P Or Nid throwing a spear at short range and Blitz pulling the Nid. This way the Nid can pull off great accuracy AND damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    That gave me an idea, if Blitzcrank's pull could pull friendly targets then Nid could throw a spear and Blitz could pull the friendly nid for extra damage. :P Or Nid throwing a spear at short range and Blitz pulling the Nid. This way the Nid can pull off great accuracy AND damage.
    That's basically what Kilz' suggestion for Thresh was, I just expanded it a little to include a Blitzcrank as well
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    now that we're discussing nidalee, i'd love some kind of indicator that will tell when the spear is at its maximum dmg. Like, maybe the spear glows red.

Deleted
    Yeah. As Majad mentioned, spears are a pain to land in mid, because there isn't any curve to the lane/minions. The fact that spears are the only real damage she can do is quite painful mid as well, because if the other guy decides to all in you before 6, you just... spear, heal and run. No way of fighting back, and mid is very burst focused.
    Yeah, pre 6 it's hard for her, you just need to focus on farming and if you see you can hit a spear without hitting a minion, then just do it.

After 6, she can pretty much burst anyone down, if she hits her Q or the guy goes over her W, when you go cougar. The problem is that it's not safe anymore, it's very risky. Damn nerf on her ulti(no armor + MR :/).
    And in ARAM I start boots, Tear and a bunch of pots, and then proceed to stay alive at the back forever(usually manage to get my first death around the time I can afford to instabuy Sorc Boots, Dcap and upgrade to Archangel's/Seraph's)
    Eh.

I still get chalice instead. The upgrade is much better: MR + CDR + Mana regen + mana regen on kill + quite good AP too. Tears is good too but I just can't shake the feeling off of me that chalice's upgrade is much better than archangel's -> Seraph's.

Not only that, I feel like I can actually spam more with chalice than with tears through out the entire game.
    The dmg i calculated based on where nidalee is relative to the target hit, OR, the dmg is calculated relative to where the spear was fired and the target hit.
    The former.
    This.

As a mid, I only take wraiths or wolves, before 23 mins, if the jungler is ganking somewhere else, you're basing/getting out of the base. If you're doing any of those things, I have plenty of time to kill wraiths/wolves and when you come back, they are about to spawn or spawned already.

Though I sometimes don't do it depending where the jungler is going, etc, and I'm trying to get the enemy's jungle instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Pretty much lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    Really? How long? I don't know since I only found like last year about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Durmindo View Post
    I'm having questions about building Morgana at early game, starting items mostly because should i start dorans + 2 pots or 2 faeries charms+3 pots(Chalice) i believe Dorans delay your build but it early is so nice then you have to sell it for a really crappy price. What should i do?
    Getting a philo's early game should fix your mana problems, rush Zhonya's after. RoA is not bad. Just get tanky after that with a Scepter, then Rabadons then situational item.

I usually start with boots and 2 pots + ward or boots and 4 pots. After that I just usually rush zhonya's or get one doran's.
    now that we're discussing nidalee, i'd love some kind of indicator that will tell when the spear is at its maximum dmg. Like, maybe the spear glows red.
    Eh, that would be kind of too intrusive. Would be great to have such feature but I don't know where I would put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I still get chalice instead. The upgrade is much better: MR + CDR + Mana regen + mana regen on kill + quite good AP too. Tears is good too but I just can't shake the feeling off of me that chalice's upgrade is much better than archangel's -> Seraph's.

Not only that, I feel like I can actually spam more with chalice than with tears through out the entire game.

Getting a philo's early game should fix your mana problems, rush Zhonya's after. RoA is not bad. Just get tanky after that with a Scepter, then Rabadons then situational item.
    I dislike Chalice/Athene's, because it just feels like I end up having way too much mana, essentially wasting part of the item. I'm also getting better at using Seraph's, and that shield is really good, even if Seraph's is your only mana item.

I wouldn't go Philo on a mid. If you only want a little bit of mana regen(so not the massive mana ocean called Athene's), you can still start with a Faerie Charm and build it into Morellonomnomnom at some point(and you always have the option of using it for a Chalice later if you feel like you need it)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    I dislike Chalice/Athene's, because it just feels like I end up having way too much mana, essentially wasting part of the item. I'm also getting better at using Seraph's, and that shield is really good, even if Seraph's is your only mana item.
    Start spamming more, because chalice/athene's allows you to spam more over time than tears does I believe.

I still go oom sometimes with chalice/athene's while having flat mana regen runes on Nidalee, so yeah, but it regenerates quite fast after 10 seconds more less if you stop casting.

And I honestly never found Seraph's active much of anything for Nidalee. You're going to spear most of the time, you're staying in the back most of the time. You're rarely going in and when you do, you will only go if you know you're coming out on the winning side and you don't need Seraph's active for that, assuming you have barrier + flash, even so.
    I wouldn't go Philo on a mid. If you only want a little bit of mana regen(so not the massive mana ocean called Athene's), you can still start with a Faerie Charm and build it into Morellonomnomnom at some point(and you always have the option of using it for a Chalice later if you feel like you need it)
    Eh. You can always upgrade it to Elisia's and all of it becomes permanent. I've always found philo's to be a good sustain item because of HA, since I usually buy it on pretty much any champion that can benefit from it wholly.

Personal preference I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Things
    Seraph's is another Barrier, which works wonders if people want to dive you and eat your face(which happens fairly often in ARAMs). It also enables you to dive into more risky fights in kitty form. And yeah, Athene's vs Morellonomnomnom is mostly personal preference.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU