Had an odd TT game last night, where only one guy from my team and myself actually loaded - none of our opponents connected until about 20 minutes in, by which time it was a case of push butan = dead enemy. Was a bit disconcerting running around the map with absolute free reign to do whatever we wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question: When you Skarner ult someone... can you use a Thresh lantern to pull them miles out into your team?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Question: When you Skarner ult someone... can you use a Thresh lantern to pull them miles out into your team?
    I imagine you could.

Test it.

For science!

There are so many emergent mechanics that come out form Threshs lantern that I expect so. I once Twisted Advanced someone as Maokai and they grabbed Thresh's lantern. I went for quite a journey, then proceeded to get smooshed >.<
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember being able to Cleanse enemy Thresh hook and click friendly lantern and pull enemy Thresh miles out into your team
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    You can Blitz grab and then click on Thresh lantern. OP combo on ARAM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    You can Blitz grab and then click on Thresh lantern. OP combo on ARAM
    If I am not mistaken, this was explicitly coded to not work after initial use of it demonstrated just how OP that combo is.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I remember being able to Cleanse enemy Thresh hook and click friendly lantern and pull enemy Thresh miles out into your team
    well that's a dumb thresh...you don't have to jump to the person you caught.

15+ Year Old Account
    That would be...amazing.

Like this:
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

If I am not mistaken, this was explicitly coded to not work after initial use of it demonstrated just how OP that combo is.
    Yeah, they fixed it. If you click a Thresh lantern while grabbing somebody as Blitzcrank, they get dragged to your position before lanterning.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    So, my GF recently picked up LoL to try it out and such
    but low level is so out of hand and toxic that it's incredible

she is new to the game so ofc she won't be going legendary and getting penta kills, she will be the one dying a lot

the first two games she got the pop-up box for getting reported etc. etc.

ofc this won't be doing anything since she hasn't rly done anything wrong, but she actually now don't feel like playing since she can't even play without getting reported for all kinds of things.. and it kinda pisses me off that new players can't play without being reported for not being as good as those who are level 30

Mute everyone + don't enable all chat. Nothing else that can be done.

And play with her, might help if there's someone to play with

Quote Originally Posted by Elendoil View Post
    It could also happen that you have to ADC or top, roles which you lack even more experience than for supporting, maybe even lack a decent champion pool, so that could get you into trouble too.
    I've done ADC with a few free weeks plus Ashe (I've played Vayne, Ashe and Caitlyn well... failed miserably at Urgot), but I've never had a bruiser as top. I've taken it as leftovers with an AP champ, but I've never done like Garen or Shen or other normal top laners. Jungling, I really only have Nunu and Fiddle, but I'm pretty good at Nunu jungle and, in a pinch I can Karthus jungle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StNimrod View Post
    Mute everyone + don't enable all chat. Nothing else that can be done.

And play with her, might help if there's someone to play with
    Problem there is that, if she's, say level 1 and he's 30, she'll be matched against mid-level people and that might be worse. In the 17-20 area, so many people hated 30s bringing new level 1s in that it might actually be more toxic to play that way than at level 1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Problem there is that, if she's, say level 1 and he's 30, she'll be matched against mid-level people and that might be worse. In the 17-20 area, so many people hated 30s bringing new level 1s in that it might actually be more toxic to play that way than at level 1.
    He can just make a new account.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    He can just make a new account.
    This, and just play against bots until she gets a better handle on things.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    So, my GF recently picked up LoL to try it out and such
    but low level is so out of hand and toxic that it's incredible

she is new to the game so ofc she won't be going legendary and getting penta kills, she will be the one dying a lot

the first two games she got the pop-up box for getting reported etc. etc.

ofc this won't be doing anything since she hasn't rly done anything wrong, but she actually now don't feel like playing since she can't even play without getting reported for all kinds of things.. and it kinda pisses me off that new players can't play without being reported for not being as good as those who are level 30
    As others have said you can make a smurf account to play with her so you will be matched with people more towards your level. Bot games are also a good option so she can have some games to figure out what everything does etc.

I don't know how low level aram/dominion are, but at 30 they tend to be a bit more laid back than SR is. I guess you could also try 3's, but I really have no idea what the pre 30 3's Q time is.

The other thing you can do, which I would recommend the most, is get a full premade going with people you know aren't asses and just play that way. Your team won't flame her, and it will be very rare that the enemy team will flame you for being bad. And if that happens you can just mute them. So imo, a full premade is the way to go, but making a smurf account works too.

Deleted
    I do have a smurf which i use to play with her once in a while
    she is currently level 9 almost 10, but the toxic level is still so high compared to what i'm used to, and it's kinda amazing that where it should be filled with low level "noobs" is filled with raging smurfs..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    I do have a smurf which i use to play with her once in a while
    she is currently level 9 almost 10, but the toxic level is still so high compared to what i'm used to, and it's kinda amazing that where it should be filled with low level "noobs" is filled with raging smurfs..
    How many normals have you played? I've found that pretty quickly the smurfs get sorted out from the new players at low levels. It does take some time, but their mmr is going to go up way faster than a new person's, so if she keeps playing some more then the smurfs will probably not be in her games as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    There has been a recent breach of information at Riot's servers, and people have been told to change their passwords. I honest was not surprised of this news, as Riot's account security measures is poor. Then again, online games in general have always been big targets for attempted and successful database breaches, it happened with WoW and MapleStory IIRC, and probably happened to other games as well.

In before obligatory Valve > Riot comment.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-08-20 at 07:26 PM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II