10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... that Garen VU is pretty badass , loving the look of Rugged Garen, which is pretty much the only I skin I use for him these days!

That Viktor skin :O... it's almost enough to get me to play Viktor... almost
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Baron update?

Battlecast Zac Riot pls
    I don't know but you can also see Skarner there. Right bellow Cho'Gath.

But it's probably Baron since I don't think they would make more than 5 skins for a theme like battlecast.

10+ Year Old Account
    wonder how will look updated space marine garen ult
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    They nerfed Garen? I don't remember reading this.

- - - Updated - - -

Also what the fuck? That login screen...
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    They nerfed Garen? I don't remember reading this.

- - - Updated - - -

Also what the fuck? That login screen...

I'm talking about this.
    But i wonder about this:
    "All of Garen’s skins have been sharpened up as well, with the exception of Steel Legion Garen, which Demacian High Command deemed already fit for service. "
    (from here: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/09...f-demacia.html)
    They didn't touched space marine garen? Or did he have got his update of particles and such?
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    They didn't touched space marine garen? Or did he have got his update of particles and such?
    That's it. His animations were also "updated" with that skin as well.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    His passive got nerfed and his W only counts bonus armor/mr and not what he has naturally.

On the topic of Garen whatever happened to that item that was practically made for him? The thing that was supposed to have mr/crit/tenacity.
    It (Spellbreaker) got removed from one of the PBE patches due to it being a bit too powerful of an item. IIRC, they'll probably release it in S4, but not necessarily in that form.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    His passive got nerfed and his W only counts bonus armor/mr and not what he has naturally.

On the topic of Garen whatever happened to that item that was practically made for him? The thing that was supposed to have mr/crit/tenacity.
    They removed it.
    I wonder why they keep this stupid anti-garen item called hexdrinker

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess this is another time where I shake my fist in anger at ADCs. Damn you punks! They put in Botrk and Icebourn Gauntlets for s3 and who is it that takes those items and abuse them until they're nerfed? That youngster Ezreal and his gang of hooligans!
    They did flag it as a Melee Only item at one point, but it was still too powerful. It would be a very nice item for the melee ADCs, Tryndamere, Gangplank, and Master Yi getting the most benefit.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Is it bad for a mid to 1 for 1 their opponent frequently? Starting around 6 on Karthus, for instance, I can 1 for 1 any dive and 1 for 1 anyone that doesn't back off from me in lane. Is that ever a bad idea?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Is it bad for a mid to 1 for 1 their opponent frequently? Starting around 6 on Karthus, for instance, I can 1 for 1 any dive and 1 for 1 anyone that doesn't back off from me in lane. Is that ever a bad idea?
    If your opponent is about to recall after getting low on health, you shouldn't go for the 1 for 1, because if you let him leave, you'll have free reign over your lane until he comes back. If you do the 1 for 1, you won't get any advantage on the opponent unless you get a Shutdown on him.

In your case however, if you're opponent is doing the diving, I suppose it's not too bad of an idea, unless you give away a Shutdown as a result.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    If your opponent is about to recall after getting low on health, you shouldn't go for the 1 for 1, because if you let him leave, you'll have free reign over your lane until he comes back. If you do the 1 for 1, you won't get any advantage on the opponent unless you get a Shutdown on him.

In your case however, if you're opponent is doing the diving, I suppose it's not too bad of an idea, unless you give away a Shutdown as a result.
    If enemy recalls from solo lane, push as hard as you can to deny creeps on enemy tower so he won't get exp and gold

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post

I play pretty aggressive after rank 2 Q on Karthus (I don't farm under turret at all unless I'm being completely bullied) and they just seem to all in me really early and I just let them sit in my defile and drop skittles on them. It's more with the melee mids I face than the ranged, but I can still beat on a few mages.

One game, I 1 for 1'd an ahri 6 times before level 10, including a level 1 facecheck I stupidly made.

Deleted
    On Karthus, it is generally a favourable trade, unless you feed another hypercarry/assassin in return. If you can guarantee a 1 for 1 (preferably with you not burning summoners, but him with) AND push your lane into his tower, yes it's favourable. If its the other way around, you losing minions due to it, not worth. Try to make him die first too, so you get the experience from the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    On Karthus, it is generally a favourable trade, unless you feed another hypercarry/assassin in return. If you can guarantee a 1 for 1 (preferably with you not burning summoners, but him with) AND push your lane into his tower, yes it's favourable. If its the other way around, you losing minions due to it, not worth. Try to make him die first too, so you get the experience from the kill.
    Does Karthus get experience from a post-death-but-still-alive kill?

10+ Year Old Account
    Does Karthus get experience from a post-death-but-still-alive kill?
    It's the only answer to "why karthus dies every teamfight but he is 18 level?"

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    [IMG]http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws.com/images/news/September_2013/GaSp9413/GaScl4j2a.jpg[IMG]
    I'm talking about this.
    But i wonder about this:
    "All of Garen’s skins have been sharpened up as well, with the exception of Steel Legion Garen, which Demacian High Command deemed already fit for service. "
    (from here: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/09...f-demacia.html)
    Here is the video of the visual update to him. He has Johnny bravo dance too dang funny!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    Here is the video of the visual update to him. He has Johnny bravo dance too dang funny!
    Not sure if it's as good as his current dance though.

He also received a few tweaks to his Spin, the cooldown on it has been increased, the base damage has been reduced, but it now has additional innate Critical Strike chance.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

I have discovered a fatal flaw with this VU on Garen that makes him nerfed.

He no longer punches people regardless of having a sword.
    Ya he finally knows how to use a sword!

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess they finally took notice of how annoying it was for Garen players to have to rely on a 25% crit chance with only IE because it's hard to find other viable crit items to have on him.
    There's also Atma's, but people have completely abandoned it after the 2% to 1.5% health-to-AD nerf. That also is the first time that a skill has innate critical strike chance, which does question why they would do so when Riot got rid of almost every RNG effect in the game, with the only thing being Critical Strikes and Tryndamere's Fury system granting additional crit chance.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II