it defeats the purpose of soloq tbh. nobody should go into a ranked game expecting to get what they want thus the better players have to learn versatility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    They said that it will initially be implement for Blind Normals, they'll take a while to test it out before deciding whether or not to put it on Ranked.
    The fact that they are even considering it for ranked is past borderline retarded, it takes being retarded to a whole new level. Please just fire anybody that thought that would be a good idea... Seriously what the actual fuck?
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    The fact that they are even considering it for ranked is past borderline retarded, it takes being retarded to a whole new level. Please just fire anybody that thought that would be a good idea... Seriously what the actual fuck?
    I don't think it will be implemented for Ranked games at all. Unless the community becomes more like the WoW community with the wanting LFR in the game.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I still like to play my preferred lane in ranked games so I'd be all for this to be implemented there.

But then again I main Support so I almost always get to play what I want unless there's some premade bot-lane in my team.

I just hate it when there is that pre-made bot and someone calls Jungle and Mid and I'm forced to go Top which is pretty much the only role that I just cant do, at all. I wont feed but I wont be getting any kills either and my farm will be so-so

But I just dont see how it "adds to the fun" of ranked games if you rarely get to play your preferred lane :P

But wether this gets implemented in ranked or not I dont really care THAT much. But it'll be awesome for normals so that you can actually choose the lane which you want to practice.
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2013-10-16 at 07:16 AM.

I can understand it for normals, everynow and again you do just want to practice a champ, so you queue for normals and someone else grabs the lane/champ you wanted to play. Do you dodge and sit out 5minute timer and try again or just play a champ you didn't actually want to play? I wouldn't use it myself unless that specific situation was happening as I'm very rarely fussed where I play (my top 3 ranked this season, support-top-jungle) but everynow and again I do feel "I'd love to get some mid/top/mm games in, hopefully I can get those in blind queue!"

I doubt it will come to ranked, either that or it will be a queue option in ranked for those that want that and everyone else can still queue and roll call as normal.

I don't think it will be implemented for Ranked games at all. Unless the community becomes more like the WoW community with the wanting LFR in the game.
    LFR worked out so well for WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, nobody asked for LFD, Blizzard just decided to put that in... The ToC patch is what started WoW on a downward spiral, even revamped Naxx was better than that shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gildra View Post
    LFR worked out so well for WoW
    One of the worst things to happen to WoW...
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, nobody asked for LFD, Blizzard just decided to put that in... The ToC patch is what started WoW on a downward spiral, even revamped Naxx was better than that shit.
    The only saving grace with LFD/LFR is that it makes the lowest population servers and the most wildly one-sided servers (i.e. Sargeras-US Horde is dead) somewhat playable.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

as long as it doesnt make queue time longer im fine with it tbh (oceanic why you give me 5-10min queue time on solo q)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    The only saving grace with LFD/LFR is that it makes the lowest population servers and the most wildly one-sided servers (i.e. Sargeras-US Horde is dead) somewhat playable.
    Wonder why those servers are near dead now eh?
    Hey everyone

15+ Year Old Account
    I've never understood people's hatred for LFR. For some of us who aren't very good at finding guilds but want to raid it gives us an option of doing so. At least I can sit in org, waiting in queue instead of sitting in org hoping to find a group thru trade with all the "YOU MUST HAVE THE GEAR OF THE RAID TO RAID" because that is all I ever saw. But whatever, not the thread for it.

So long as they make it an option and not force it to be the standard queue, personally, I'm fine with it. I can understand that sometimes you just want to play your best role without having to fight someone for it.

Deleted
    Theres a similar mode in Dota called Captains draft. And i seriously doubt it will ever reach ranked because it wont mesh with it.

You not only select your role/lane but also as a captain you can select the other roles you want to play with. Queue as a Support, and choose that you want a Assassin Mid, a Mage Jungle etc etc. And it will find a group to fit. This wouldnt work for ranked in the slightest. Try finding people who want to have a marksmen mid... for blind normals i have no issue. I dont touch them as its a cesspool of shit. But if this shit makes it to ranked. I hope to fucking god its a seperate queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder why those servers are near dead now eh?
    Faction and Server Changes killed off those realms. In one case, Free Character Transfers to ease off Cataclysm release queues killed off a realm's faction balance completely. That was Kel'Thuzad-US, prior to Cata's release, it was a 90/10 A:H ratio, then the Free Transfer was made available for KT and turned it into a 99.99/0.01 A:H ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    Theres a similar mode in Dota called Captains draft. And i seriously doubt it will ever reach ranked because it wont mesh with it.

You not only select your role/lane but also as a captain you can select the other roles you want to play with. Queue as a Support, and choose that you want a Assassin Mid, a Mage Jungle etc etc. And it will find a group to fit. This wouldnt work for ranked in the slightest. Try finding people who want to have a marksmen mid... for blind normals i have no issue. I dont touch them as its a cesspool of shit. But if this shit makes it to ranked. I hope to fucking god its a seperate queue.
    There's also deciding which champions would fit the certain lane/role. There are still some people that strongly believe that Mid lane is for AP champions only, despite Zed being a FotM pick, and Kha'Zix before the massive changes to him.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Faction and Server Changes killed off those realms. In one case, Free Character Transfers to ease off Cataclysm release queues killed off a realm's faction balance completely. That was Kel'Thuzad-US, prior to Cata's release, it was a 90/10 A:H ratio, then the Free Transfer was made available for KT and turned it into a 99.99/0.01 A:H ratio.
    I was thinking that could have been a major reason.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking that could have been a major reason.
    Racials being Horde favored PvE-wise also contributed to those massive faction and server transfers too. Method and vodka are two big examples of former-Alliance-gone-Horde end-game raiding guilds.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Racials being Horde favored PvE-wise also contributed to those massive faction and server transfers too. Method and vodka are two big examples of former-Alliance-gone-Horde end-game raiding guilds.
    Troll and Orc racials are very good when it comes to bursting important targets down during raids if I remember correctly. To be honest, I just don't want this thing to have any chance of being put into ranked.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Guys, don't derail this into a WoW thread now.

This new system is crap because of the following reasons:
    • People do not want to wait a long time for a game, having support in a game is going to be like other games where nobody plays one role, if that role is required to enter the dungeon/raid/whatever the queue times will skyrocket unless you play that role, in which most cases it will be instant.
    • People can troll even if they use this system. You can get a midlane ahri, but who says she's actually going mid? What if she just fucks you over and goes bot AD Carry instead? There's nothing that prohibits them from doing things like that ingame.
    • Indifferent people are asked to pick a role. Some people don't feel like picking a specific role, or just prefer playing "what's left". With this system you -have- to choose something beforehand. What if this person is good at any role, but does not excel anywhere? What does he pick? There is no "whatever is left" option to choose from.
    • People with unconventional picks will be discriminated. If you want to play Karma top or mid, or even Jarvan top/mid, people will think you're crazy (more so with Karma) and choose not to pick you for their team. This makes getting in a game harder than usual

10+ Year Old Account
    At least when you -do- get into a game, the people there will have bought into Karma top. As opposed to screaming "omg troll, report".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    At least when you -do- get into a game, the people there will have bought into Karma top. As opposed to screaming "omg troll, report".
    Have fun waiting 30 min in queue till you finally get a nutcase who allows people to play Karma top.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelly View Post
    Guys, don't derail this into a WoW thread now.

This new system is crap because of the following reasons:
    • People do not want to wait a long time for a game, having support in a game is going to be like other games where nobody plays one role, if that role is required to enter the dungeon/raid/whatever the queue times will skyrocket unless you play that role, in which most cases it will be instant.
    • People can troll even if they use this system. You can get a midlane ahri, but who says she's actually going mid? What if she just fucks you over and goes bot AD Carry instead? There's nothing that prohibits them from doing things like that ingame.
    • Indifferent people are asked to pick a role. Some people don't feel like picking a specific role, or just prefer playing "what's left". With this system you -have- to choose something beforehand. What if this person is good at any role, but does not excel anywhere? What does he pick? There is no "whatever is left" option to choose from.
    • People with unconventional picks will be discriminated. If you want to play Karma top or mid, or even Jarvan top/mid, people will think you're crazy (more so with Karma) and choose not to pick you for their team. This makes getting in a game harder than usual
    People who were going to troll pick and go adc bot on a random champ that shouldn't be there will do so regardless of a LFR style.

People who play unconventional champs get flamed to shit already the moment they pick their champ and confirm their lane anyway.

The only thing I will have to say about the system is it should not go anywhere near ranked obviously. Overall for non ranked casual games it's a good idea as it will create better team synergy and less trolling at the expense of longer queue times.

Personally I have days where I cba being forced to support over and over because the few hours I had to play made me last pick and no one wanted it, when it's like that I just log off and play something I am going to enjoy for a few hours. I am versitile, I play all roles some better than others but there are days where I just cba to jungle or support or even mid over and over, there are days when all I want to do is chill in top and I would rather log off than end up being forced into a role i don't feel like playing.