Quote Originally Posted by Guru Laghima View Post
    I've played a lot of Udyr recently and I just can't get imitate the success I had with Tiger stance (literally damagedyr) building Warriors into Triforce etc. with the supposed superior Phoenix stance. Maybe it's because in solo queue I play a very carry oriented style but it kind of does bother me that I can only play Tiger stance to full effectiveness etc.
    Both have their trade offs. Phoenix clears faster (if you aim it right), but Tiger has better early gank presence, because the DoT is really strong, especially on squishy mids, ADCs, and Supports. IMO, Udyr works better building Cinder/Phoenix with Thornmail and such, he's gets really tanky and unkillable, especially with Gromp's buff. I do like to do Tigerdyr with Devourer or Warrior, it does still work, I just like Cinderdyr better. My buddy prefers Devourer/Warrior.

I find Phoenix udyr comes with constant pressure, given that he can to a greater extent build pure tank.

Tiger udyr loses his potency if you have to start building tanky. They both have their merits, and I play both given what my team needs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ive decided to come back to play a game or two of LoL after playing HotS a lot. Maybe I can put all that work that I have put into HotS to LoL. I just want to play something a little different.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    So after Bard they just decided to release this broken crap? Come on Rito, you can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    So after Bard they just decided to release this broken crap? Come on Rito, you can do better.
    Well, what do you find that makes him broken ?

Had a game yesterday, our Ekko wrecked top lane against Nasus, while their Bard who was mid got demolished by our Cassio. Long story short - our Ekko was "OP" because he got fed, their was useless and could only use his ult to get to safety.

So it is as every new champion - OP because people dont know how to play against him etc. It will all be balanced out.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen a lot of people say his E is OP.

Yeah, with a low base and average ratio. But it is an on-hit... and they only seem to say it's OP when they hit squishies with LB and Luden's.

He does a lot of damage, though his CC is part of it, I feel. He's not broken, at all. His damage is perhaps a bit high, but he's still an assassin.

Give it two weeks, we'll be back to the "Cinderhulk OP, let's stack tanks" meta.

Deleted
    played him twice in top and twice in mid for now

won my lane all times, was against cho and sion in top and twice against ekko in mid

Sion was super easy and it was my first game, i would Q in on the minions/him and he would get hit twice then i would E in to get the third stack then run out with the increased move speed

the cho'gath and the two Ekko knew how to "dodge" my Q so to not get hit twice, i changed my gameplay a bit and just went for E first then throw Q on them an maybe land and auto attack to get that third hit secured

i feel like it's much better to play agressive as in: E > Auto onto > Q > Auto if needed for poke
    you can do Q > wait till it hits twice > E too as it's much more safe, but also rarely happens

Ekko is very good at going in and getting out again, and you can make some rly good plays with his W and E or R
    so many times have i thrown an W some stupid place and because i wasn't near, the enemies would just walk into it and i've been able to ult right back into my W right before it explodes so i ended up stunning everyone and do a ton of dmg
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2015-05-29 at 07:21 PM.

So question for you guys on what I should do here, if anything:

So I get into a ranked game (plat 3 or so elo) and I go bot against this kalista lulu. Early on kill lulu and with both me and thresh at about 70% hp kalista is able to dance around avoiding everything (I am corki) while killing us both. Odd but whatever. Then comes back to lane, continually dodges literally everything at will and is able to kill all 3 of us when our jungler ganks. Long story short this Kalista just never gets hit by shit eventually pentakills the team and snowballs out of control, easily carrying their team to a win. Could be a really really good player or could be scripting, idk I dont record my games.

But the other part of the story is that this Kalista was Gold 3. Beating my team got him into promos. I look at his match history his next 2 promo games he goes 2/9 and 1/10 both as ADC which is the role he plays. Then the game after his promos by losing both games he goes 30/5 as Kalista. Now even if hes not scripting isnt this something Riot said is against the rules? Intentionally losing promos to stay in a lower elo to just destroy ppl that you are better than. Or maybe hes not better and hes just scripting to dodge everything, idk.

Either way what steps should I take to present this to Riot, or just ignore it and move on. Im not bent out of shape by it but if I can do my part in making sure it doesnt keep happening Id like to

what frustrates me about him, is having to constantly to look behind our lines after a teamfight, incase he rewinds and suddenly smacks the entire team for a good 1.5-2k damage at the end game :P

10+ Year Old Account
    So, after playing some Ekko jungle with bots i wonder, did you guys tried him in this way in normal/ranked games?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Well, what do you find that makes him broken ?
    Simply said, the crazy amount of burst combined with a gapcloser and a shield for 50% of his health.

Deleted
    i've yet to be against a fed ekko that i can't take on on my own

his Q is easily dodgeable
    his W gives you a whole 3 seconds to not stand in it
    you can see where he will ult to

just buy some magic resist and he deals a lot less dmg

only thing frustrating about him is his ult, so you have to either burst him down or take him down slowly (or time your stuns/silences)
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2015-05-30 at 08:26 PM.

I laned against him as Garen, after I picked up some boots and a Spectre's Cowl, a lot of the issues I had early on went away. He did a lot of damage early on, but by that point, he couldn't outrun me with Q, W negated his slows, and E did a lot of damage, enough for me to ult and he'd die.

I think Garen is a good counter for him top. Any damage he does will be easily negated with Garen's passive and an early Spirit Visage or Spectre's Cowl helps shut him down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he's necessarily "OP" but it's more of a lack of understanding the lane matchup, give it some time.

Also I think someone pointed out earlier in the thread that Bard isn't strong... You haven't seen a good Bard player yet then, it's so awful to play against.
    Hey everyone

Just made the jump from dota 2 to LoL after many months maybe even close to a year thinking about trying it out. And so far been pleasantly surprised. Theres more complexity to it than I thought which was founded on the lack of creep denying. And it seems like less people actually use the chat compared to dota 2 which is also a plus

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Just made the jump from dota 2 to LoL after many months maybe even close to a year thinking about trying it out. And so far been pleasantly surprised. Theres more complexity to it than I thought which was founded on the lack of creep denying. And it seems like less people actually use the chat compared to dota 2 which is also a plus
    Geez GL. I always tell Dota players I meet IRL dont bother just because of how much time league requires before you can actually fully appreciate the game, which I really wish they would change. The grind to lvl 30 takes forreeeeeeeeeeeverrrrrrrrrrrrr. Not to mention you are gonna need a few full rune pages to be truly effective. So it must be crazy to actually start over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Geez GL. I always tell Dota players I meet IRL dont bother just because of how much time league requires before you can actually fully appreciate the game, which I really wish they would change. The grind to lvl 30 takes forreeeeeeeeeeeverrrrrrrrrrrrr. Not to mention you are gonna need a few full rune pages to be truly effective. So it must be crazy to actually start over.
    Nahhhh, everyone has their main account and to be honest looking back on it not having a lot of rune pages doesn't really hold you back because of the amount of knowledge you need to know to really abuse it. Having everything not be available works for LoL because there is just so much to learn therefore it just leads you to choosing a few champions you end up liking and getting better at those.

I could make a fresh smurf account (currently have one at lv 28) and get to where I'm at on my main in under 100 games. It's called a smurf account because it doesn't have everything on it and you're ranking is fresh. I won't deny the grind to 30 is bullshit, it really is and takes far to long but you should have 1 or 2 full runepages by 30.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Guru Laghima View Post
    Nahhhh, everyone has their main account and to be honest looking back on it not having a lot of rune pages doesn't really hold you back because of the amount of knowledge you need to know to really abuse it. Having everything not be available works for LoL because there is just so much to learn therefore it just leads you to choosing a few champions you end up liking and getting better at those.

I could make a fresh smurf account (currently have one at lv 28) and get to where I'm at on my main in under 100 games. It's called a smurf account because it doesn't have everything on it and you're ranking is fresh. I won't deny the grind to 30 is bullshit, it really is and takes far to long but you should have 1 or 2 full runepages by 30.
    I just watched a few vids on youtube explaining the interface/runes pages etc and being a dota 2 player its seems pretty clear. What is amazing and will take time is the crazy huge champion pool and learning all the abilities and best item builds.

I'm an RPG fan so its quite fun unlocking all the talents/runes.

I think with the win/xp boosts leveling it 30 isnt that big of a deal it seems.