Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Hmm not too sure on the support Illaoi thing. Her damage when being a bit fed on toplane is just hilarious. While supporting and even winning the somewhat I feel like I'm hitting with a wet noodle instead of a God. :S

Perhaps I have to go pure damage or something.
    Yes, AD is a very important stat on Illaoi. She is a AD Mage.
    The problem i am having with her is that, even though i choose items with HP + AD...i am having trouble surviving without defensive stats.

Even if you see 3 people stacked together you have to:
    -Slowly walk towards them
    -Press R
    -Press W
    -Survive for 8 seconds

This is incredible hard...i find myself dying on the part of "slowly walk towards them"
    She is very dependant on Flash in teamfights...
    Seems like we have to find the perfect balance between AD and Survival stats.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2015-11-26 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Yes, AD is a very important stat on Illaoi. She is a AD Mage.
    The problem i am having with her is that, even though i choose items with HP + AD...i am having trouble surviving without defensive stats.

Even if you see 3 people stacked together you have to:
    -Slowly walk towards them
    -Press R
    -Press W
    -Survive for 8 seconds

This is incredible hard...i find myself dying on the part of "slowly walk towards them"
    She is very dependant on Flash in teamfights...
    Seems like we have to find the perfect balance between AD and Survival stats.
    She just needs a good wombo to be able to set up, much like Nasus, Darius or Mordekaiser so they can walk up and smack people. Leona is a good Champion in particular, as is Hecarim (new skin is sick af btw - VO is a tad bit off key with the whole "DEATH AND SUFFERING" but w/e). If you can get Kalista to bond with you, that's another easy way to get in and start smacking, especially if her support is that Leona.

It's much easier for Leona to engage than Illaoi to, but everyone expects her to because she builds tank. It just doesn't work.

I think she's fine where she is, she just needs a dedicated team to be able to set up truly godly plays (like Yas, Morde, etc).

I tried a setup last night top lane:

Runes: 2 Movement Speed Quints, 1 AD Quint, 9 AD Marks, 9 Armor Seals, 9 Scaling MR Glyphs
    Masteries: 0/18/12 - Savagery, Secret Stash, Meditation, Dangerous Game, Intelligence, and Thunderlord's Decree in Cunning, then Unyielding, Tough Skin, Runic Armor, and Perseverance in Resolve.

I find Thunderlord's Decree quite strong, especially at full build. I think I like 0/12/18 better still (Swiftness is really good), but it's hilarious with all the AoE damage she has.

Build was Trinity Force, Sterak's Gage, Titanic Hydra, Spirit Visage, Frozen Heart, Mercenary's Treads. Team comp was the aforementioned Leona/Kalista, Lux mid, and Shaco jungle.

Went against a Nasus top (poor guy), rest of his team was Hecarim jungle, Xerath mid, and Morgana/Miss Fortune bot.

We won - teamfights were pretty easy to get done. They had a little trouble down bot (Soulbind is a not-insignificant source of damage for Kalista), but I think it was well worth it for later in the game. Might've (probably) would've been a different story had I not laned against Nasus.

Deleted
    My strategy on Illaoi so far:

-Choose mastery "Deathfire Touch" late game gives +100 damage for each tentacle, Q and W (possible +500 damage...or more with tentacles)
    -Rush Frozen Mallet and choose the mastery "Oppressor" (+2,5% damage VS slowed targets)
    -Buy a Black Cleaver

Your "W" is now setting up your tentacle damage. (Black Cleaver-Armor pen + Frozen Mallet-Oppressor)

Im out of ideas to maximize Illaoi's tentacle damage.
    I go full tank after this 2 items but i choose +55 scaling AD runes to compensate.
    Not the best runes i know...but i really see her as a AD Mage.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2015-11-27 at 12:44 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't bother maximizing Illaoi's tentacles, that happens naturally.

Personally I go Resolve masteries with Grasp of the Undying, I think her tentacle hits are actually proccing it - which is a little bit of a perk - plus as you mention she needs tanky stuff and Resolve gives her a lot of that now: it lets you build more aggressive since it covers your sustain/survival well.

Focus on her W damage IMO, the rest comes naturally - Trinity Force and Titanic Hydra (press active, then W) will leap onto someone and just ruin a squishy

Apart from that, great items for her are:
    - Frozen Mallet (sucks to catch someone and have them just out-walk you)
    - Black Cleaver (tentacle teamwork)
    - Spirit Visage (her self-healing, especcially at low hp with R active, is pretty shocking)
    - Dead Man's Plate (adds to those W's and the 75% snare all but ensures they stay in place for the tentacle follow-up)
    - Death's Dance (spell vamp for AD mages, and because of her tentacle healing she can negate a lot of the self-dot damage)
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2015-11-27 at 01:09 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    With Illaoi I've been going with a bit of a strange build.

Solo top, with my usual "Top lane tank" mastery page (Giving me Grasp of the Undying) along with my AD rune page (AD quints/reds armor yellows MR blues).

Start with getting a Flask of Corruption straight off for the mana regen and the fact you never have to buy potions again.

Then go for Tear of the Goddess and standard boots on the first recall.

After that the final build is:
    Manamune, Black Cleaver, Dead Man's Plate, Spirit Visage, Boots of Swiftness (Alacrity), and Guardian Angel. With a Farsight alteration on the trinket.

Sometimes it's better to get Merc Treads but personally I've found Swiftness is the best thing for Illaoi since it allows her to close the gaps that much faster. Since you've built (mostly) tank, people don't tend to waste their cc on you to stop you catching them since they think you won't do much damage. Then they get taught.

This might not be the best build ever, but I've found it works wonderfully on her with the AD scaling on tentacles. Nobody ever expects to get killed in a 3v1, letalone all 3 of them to die and Illaoi to walk away unscathed. The manamune gives them SO much more damage and makes up for her (albeit slight) mana issues in the later game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh ya - I'm a big fan of Boots of Swiftness on her too

Deleted
    The Runic armor mastery works with her healing right? Does it also boost shields from items?

E: Also, which runes/mastery combination is working best for you guys when SUPPORTING?

15+ Year Old Account
    The Runic armor mastery works with her healing right? Does it also boost shields from items?

E: Also, which runes/mastery combination is working best for you guys when SUPPORTING?
    Pretty sure runic armor applies to her healing yes, believe it applies to shields from items too yes.

Supporting on which toon? Illaoi isn't really a support IMO. Some supports get a lot out of Bond of Stone, others get a lot out of the the healing one in Cunning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Pretty sure runic armor applies to her healing yes, believe it applies to shields from items too yes.

Supporting on which toon? Illaoi isn't really a support IMO. Some supports get a lot out of Bond of Stone, others get a lot out of the the healing one in Cunning.
    I mean supporting on Illaoi yes. I pretty much support on anything . Currently going for a AD + Armor/lvl + MR/lvl runes and 0/12/18 with grasp of the undying.

The new targon + ward item, boots of speed, Black cleaver then Spirit Visage or Dead mans Plate depending on combo seems to be working up till now. Her E is a giant douchebag in lane. And when 6 a good ult wins trades so hard.

I mean supporting on Illaoi yes. I pretty much support on anything . Currently going for a AD + Armor/lvl + MR/lvl runes and 0/12/18 with grasp of the undying.

The new targon + ward item, boots of speed, Black cleaver then Spirit Visage or Dead mans Plate depending on combo seems to be working up till now. Her E is a giant douchebag in lane. And when 6 a good ult wins trades so hard.
    I've been running 0/12/18 with Bond of Stone. Maxing E first, then going with an aggressive ADC who can pewpew your spirits fast enough. Mana is a real problem if you spam it and can't land it, so be careful. Is quite funny to watch both of them back off as Vessels.

I like to go for max CDR asap. Also, Face of the Mountain is your friend - it actually executes the spirits when you get them low enough, if you can believe that. I prefer Face for the active - really can save you/your ADC.

Deleted
    Just found out the spirit counts as a player when you use "R"...
    I had no idea.
    Been playing her wrong aparently, you must start with her "E" always if possible before using ultimate.

It's one extra tentacle of doom and ofcourse more damage if the tentacles hits the spirit + the target.

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    Old God says, "No"

Cthun.play_sound_file_Youwilldie.exe

Alright, so maybe I was wrong... Top seems to be a good place for her.

Deleted
    What i really like about her is that i have absolutely no fear of ganks.
    Always have an emergency tentacle on a bush for such ocasions.
    Run to that bush asap, steal a soul and wait for both players to aproach you.
    Ultimate and BAM 4 tentacles. Easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efdyzhy3AGw

This is the best montage of Illaoi i came across on youtube so far.
    He is using the trick of stealing a soul before using ultimate consistently.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2015-11-27 at 10:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a montage of all the best Illaoi plays the poster has found, it's not all one person - but yea - very impressive turnarounds

Deleted
    The montage actually showcases one of the best things about Illaoi (in my opinion): That she looks like (And is) a big, slow, meaty target for you to go wail on for very little backlash. Until there's more than one of you. Then there's an ult and a sudden flurry of movement, where everyone but her ends up dead. It's the sheer amount of sudden movement and health getting chunked off people that nobody expects, which makes her so awesome.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm returning to League. It been playing time to time since S2. But never anything serious. I've seen the new champion and i really fall in love with her. She is perfect and the sum of everything i like. An anciente god, a strong (both physically and mentally) woman and a top laner bruiser (or juggerneaut. Is that their new title?)

I remembe that the last time i play was in the early S5. I start reading the pre-season changes but apart from that, there is something i should know?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post
    I'm returning to League. It been playing time to time since S2. But never anything serious. I've seen the new champion and i really fall in love with her. She is perfect and the sum of everything i like. An anciente god, a strong (both physically and mentally) woman and a top laner bruiser (or juggerneaut. Is that their new title?)

I remembe that the last time i play was in the early S5. I start reading the pre-season changes but apart from that, there is something i should know?
    Basically all the ADC's got buffed via items with improved crit chance and overall reworks on marksman champions.
    Champions who build crit are amazing with the new mastery that gives +20 AS +15 life steal
    Ginso Rageblade is now overpowered on many champions. (jax, xin zao, kayle etc)

Those are mainly the things causing rage on this season

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post

Juggernauts and Bruisers are a little different. Juggernauts are supposed to be slow but powerful and deadly champions - they need teammates to set them up - but with the right setup if they get close to you - they will ruin your whole team.

Darius and Illaoi are probably the best two examples of the paradigm so far. Riot said that Garen and Skarner were also considered Juggernauts - but I think that's bullshit because those two are crazy fast and don't have problems engaging at all. Mordekaiser is in an odd spot in that the rest are Top Laners, but while Morde kind of fits the concept - he's now a bot lane ADC.

A Bruiser is half-tank, half-assassin, good at dueling, and often quite mobile. Lee Sin and Vi are excellent examples, Jarvan and Warwick and Xin Zhao and Pantheon fit the bill.