Well, when I am a jungler and people start to complain that I never gank, I just mute them. I am after all playing my game. And lets be frank here, some laners sucks, they push the lane, they got no wards, or anything at all, making a gank just a waste of time or just too risky. Then it is better to speed farm trough the jungle, then go counter jungle to make the other jungler fall behind.

I am actually tempted to reinstall this game again, been away from it for so long now. Checked both op.gg and lolking to see when I had my last match, and both had no data recorded x)

- - - Updated - - -

But it was rather right after the Marksman patch I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

They don't care about having a competitive esports considering they always release a huge patch that changes the meta right before worlds.
    What? LoL Esport is huge, not sure where you are trying to go with this.

Also, why so much fuss about a dead game mode? Why would they even consider putting resources into something no one plays, and yes, 0.5% is no one. They are after all a company, that gives us a F2P game, so again - why put resources into something that gives them nothing in return? LoL is, and will always be about the Twisted Treeline map, that is the map that matters, ARAM doesn't matter, Dominion doesn't matter and the 3v3 map barely gets any attention either.
    The thing is, Dominion was so different than the other game types, they had to do tweeks to it every patch if they wanted it to stay, so why bother?
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    IMO i don't see a reason for them to spend time on dominion

LoL is and will forever mainly be about Summoners rift, everything else is a niche for the few people that enjoy it.
    The MAIN game is on summoner's rift and it's what they want people to play, so why spend time on other maps and gamemodes that aren't in focus?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, why bother fixing a bug that put a huge dent in the dominion population? Better fix the normal draft queue bug bot not the dominion one!

Riot is to blame for this shit. People started losing interest in Dominion after Riot showed a lack of care for it.

Deleted
    Apparently some people still don't understand how business and companies works. And RITO after all is a company.
    If "product" at this point doesn't attract enough interest what's better, shut it down and continue to work on/with popular "product" that brings more in general or to keep throwing resources and effort into semi dead "product" that doesn't pay off? Must be hard one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe what you're not getting this is is not a surprise to any dominion player. I'm not angry that its finally getting removed, this was a long awaited event, I'm angry that Riot never fucking once takes responsibility for the fact they ARE the ones to blame for Dominion's death. People WERE interested in it. people organized the Dominate Dominion Tournies for it, and Riot was actually willing to help support those, but they didn't help support it in the way that we really needed it: balance and map support. It took them MONTHS to fix the dominion draft queue bug. People whine about not getting ARAM games, can you imagine how frustrating it would be if there was no penalty for dodging? People also begged Riot for ranked game mode, but time after time they gave us excuse after excuse for why they wouldn't (at the time) or couldn't implement it.

Even though people say it as a joke, I'm fairly certain that "What's Dominion?" is a common question asked over at Riot. The fact that Riot CONSTANTLY forgets about dominion was so fucking infuriating. When they released Luden's Echo, you had to wait until you either the full 3200 (or whatever the full cost was at the time) or 1100 to buy it. Why? Because oh that's right, they took Needlessly Large Rod out of Dominion. Who was surprised by this? Not dominion players.

Dominion has been the red-headed step child of League for years. And its Riot's fault. Why would players be interested in a game mode that Riot has consistently shown they have little to no interest in providing support for? I'm angry and unhappy over Riot's allowance of Dominion's slow death.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Twisted Treeline map, that is the map that matters, ARAM doesn't matter, Dominion doesn't matter and the 3v3 map barely gets any attention either.
    Twisted Treeline is the 3v3 map buddy.

I understand Riots decision. And personaly? I don't care about dominion, played it once or twice. But that was like 4 years ago.

Deleted
    I don't know if Rito is lying. How can less than 0,5% of the population do Dominion and i always get 2min queues max. (on EUW)
    Really don't understand.

I'm going to miss Dominion so much. I only don't play it because there isn't a ranked queue for it, otherwise i would only do Dominion.
    And if i reach Gold this season i had intentions to go back to playing Crystal Scar...RIP.

Deleted
    ofc it's sad that they don't fix bugs for it but still, it's dominion, their focus is on the main map and main game that is summoner's rift.

i'm suprised that 3v3 even have ranked.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I don't know if Rito is lying. How can less than 0,5% of the population do Dominion and i always get 2min queues max. (on EUW)
    Really don't understand.

I'm going to miss Dominion so much. I only don't play it because there isn't a ranked queue for it, otherwise i would only do Dominion.
    And if i reach Gold this season i had intentions to go back to playing Crystal Scar...RIP.
    Well, 0.5% of 67 million playing each month is quite a few.
    League of Legends by player numbers: 67 million playing every month, 27 million playing every day, and over 7.5 million playing at the same time during each day’s peak play time. That's a lot of Teemo kills.
    from http://www.riotgames.com/our-games

And Kaelwryn, that part about NLR is pretty much the point they should have removed that mode a long time ago. So I say again - why put time and efforting into something very few of the playerbase is playing? I for sure know that if I had a product, that was splitted among 4 themes (here that would be dominion, ARAM, 3v3 and 5v5), and one of those product had less than 0.5% popularity but still took my resources to maintain, I would terminate that product, and bring even more focus on the more important ones.
    It is very simple, and Riot did the right thing.

And Riot never forgot Dominion, they had that Sands of Sharema or what ever that "fun" game mode was, in the Dominion map, to bring it some attention, didn't really help. Because the map is awefull to play in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Priestlie View Post
    Twisted Treeline is the 3v3 map buddy.

I understand Riots decision. And personaly? I don't care about dominion, played it once or twice. But that was like 4 years ago.
    Hah, true! My bad

15+ Year Old Account
    You're missing my point. I am not talking about them putting effort into it NOW. I am talking about the fact they did not put time and effort into it BACK THEN. The fact that Draft bug existed for dominion for MONTHS was a huge blow it. It hurt Dominion so much. We begged for a Ranked queue for SO LONG and they never gave it to us.

The fact they made use of dominion's map doesn't mean it was an attempt to breathe life into the game mode. Ascension made NO use of cap points, which are IMPORTANT to winning a Dominion game as you cannot win it based on kills alone. At a 100 points, kills stop taking away points and you can only win by either having more towers or by completing the quest (which requires capping).

Whatever though, you're clearly not understanding my position. As I said, I knew this was coming, almost a year to two ago. I don't want them to something about the mess they made of Dominion. I want them to fucking own up to the fact they fucked up, they allowed Dominion to die because of their lack of care. Nowhere in their announcement, did I (nor many of my friends who played dominion) feel like they actually admitted to fucking up. But yeah, I'm getting this AMAZING, and WONDERFUL icon for all my dedication to Dominion. :^)
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2016-02-14 at 02:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    You're missing my point. I am not talking about them putting effort into it NOW. I am talking about the fact they did not put time and effort into it BACK THEN. The fact that Draft bug existed for dominion for MONTHS was a huge blow it. It hurt Dominion so much. We begged for a Ranked queue for SO LONG and they never gave it to us.

The fact they made use of dominion's map doesn't mean it was an attempt to breathe life into the game mode. Ascension made NO use of cap points, which are IMPORTANT to winning a Dominion game as you cannot win it based on kills alone. At a 100 points, kills stop taking away points and you can only win by either having more towers or by completing the quest (which requires capping).

Whatever though, you're clearly not understanding my position. As I said, I knew this was coming, almost a year to two ago. I don't want them to something about the mess they made of Dominion. I want them to fucking own up to the fact they fucked up, they allowed Dominion to die because of their lack of care. Nowhere in their announcement, did I (nor many of my friends who played dominion) feel like they actually admitted to fucking up. But yeah, I'm getting this AMAZING, and WONDERFUL icon for all my dedication to Dominion. :^)
    i understand what you're getting at but even from the start dominion was intended as a niche gamemode on the site and not as a replacement of the 5v5 summoners rift map that we know of, they much rather want people to play summoner's rift than other modes

Dominion had lots of changes etc. the first half year or so of it's release, but slowly went down to zero because it is not what they wanna focus on.
    i'm can imagine that dominion was also made to test how populare other gamemodes could be and if they wanna invest time and money on making more like it.

and it seems to have failed, a lot of people quickly lost interest in dominion making the amount of people who play it small and because of that Riot uses less and less resources on Dominion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it just comes down to a chicken/egg scenario.

Was it neglected because there were no players or are there no players because of the neglect?

I don't think we'll ever know because they have such are hard time admitting mistakes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    What? LoL Esport is huge, not sure where you are trying to go with this.
    If you were around since the start of LoL, you should know why Riot mismanaged the eSports aspect of the game :P. They literally had everything handed to them by third party event organizers and then they fucked them over so hard it's not even funny.

Well, when I am a jungler and people start to complain that I never gank, I just mute them. I am after all playing my game. And lets be frank here, some laners sucks, they push the lane, they got no wards, or anything at all, making a gank just a waste of time or just too risky. Then it is better to speed farm trough the jungle, then go counter jungle to make the other jungler fall behind.
    Well you see, there are two sides to every coin:P In low Elo for example if I push top at level 2-3 I'll most likely die to the enemy jungler and that's something I can't get.

Junglers seem to not use the F keys to check lanes or understand what pushing at 3 means. I form a bigger minion wave, most likely I harassed the enemy laner so I have more health and probably level 3 when he's still 2. That's going to draw out the enemy jungler to come "help" top lane and if my jungler counter ganks, it's a double kill. That means from that point forward, top lane is pretty much won because an early kill+ assist means you can 1v2 to top and jungler.

That also means that the enemy jungler showed at level 3, you can see his CS number, know what side he started and what camps he did (jungle camps have different numbers of mobs so you can track a junglers path. My jungler, using that information, can mirror the enemy jungler so he can counter gank him (usually because my jungler has an advantage, our team wins the fight) OR my jungler can counter jungle and kill the enemy jungler in his own jungle.

That happens in KR/CN from low Diamond however I haven't seen it in Challenger EUW and wester pro/semi-pro players I worked with didn't even know it exists(using F keys and knowing the jungle path for the next 2-3 minutes based on CS).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Really don't understand.

League player base is fucking huge because it's popular and free to play. League easily has 100 million players 0.5 percent of that is enormous.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Why is everyone banning Udyr atm? I've played like 4 or 5 games today, and he was banned in every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Why is everyone banning Udyr atm? I've played like 4 or 5 games today, and he was banned in every game.
    Runic Echoes Udyr (or just Runedyr). 10% movement speed is no joke, it fits decently into pretty much any build he does, and leads to an improved version of "you can't get away from me, but I can get away from you," so it's very, very strong in him at the moment.

I don't think for a second it was ever intended for him, it's one of those, "Hey, this is a cool item, let me try it on Ezreal... OH GOD, OP OP OP OP".

Deleted
    not to mention his 57.32% winrate in current patch
    kog'maw also went up quite a lot with the changes he got

moving Attack speed bonus from Q to W made him so much stronger

15+ Year Old Account
    They just need to nerf Udyr's base movement speed IMO, so he has to build some movement items to do his Udyr thing - whereas today he's fast to begin with, and uncontrollable if he builds some movement speed.

I think Runic Echoes is probably pretty close to perfect for a lot of the AP junglers - likely means I'll probably do my promotional games Tuesday night (busy tonight).

Elise is back! Diana is back! Sejuani is back! Maybe even Evelynn is back!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    They just need to nerf Udyr's base movement speed IMO, so he has to build some movement items to do his Udyr thing - whereas today he's fast to begin with, and uncontrollable if he builds some movement speed.

I think Runic Echoes is probably pretty close to perfect for a lot of the AP junglers - likely means I'll probably do my promotional games Tuesday night (busy tonight).

Elise is back! Diana is back! Sejuani is back! Maybe even Evelynn is back!
    Diana being back in a meta filled with ADCs and Assassins is like a wet dream for me 8-)

I should start a video series on YouTube. Fill it with nothing but Diana montages and call it, "One-Combo Champ".