So, I am looking for advice on malzahar because I've tried every build and I just can't enough damage to justify picking him. I might be done because that rework ruined the one thing I liked about him.

I've tried Archangel, and Rod of ages.

I've also ran morello and the damage just feels underwhelming no matter the build. I am just gonna stick to brand because nothing about Malzahar is fun to me right now.
    Last edited by foofoocuddlypoopz; 2016-07-19 at 02:43 AM.
    Everyone fights in the console wars! We don't like ours, but we sure hate yours! Its Xbox One versus Ps4! Let the bodies hit the floor! Let's throw down, come at me bro! Ill fuck you up, and your mom's a ho. Don't be a fag and blame the lag; These guns aren't just for show!

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    So, I am looking for advice on malzahar because I've tried every build and I just can't enough damage to justify picking him. I might be done because that rework ruined the one thing I liked about him.

I've also ran morello and the damage just feels underwhelming no matter the build. I am just gonna stick to brand because nothing about Malzahar is fun to me right now.
    It's more likely that you are doing his combos wrong, because Malzahar has a TON of damage - nowadays it's all about getting his minions out during his ult.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Yeah, I did aweful at Malz when I first picked him up, and felt totally useless (except the OP ult in teamfights), then I learned how to properly poke with him in lane, and how to get most out of my pets in fights.
    Getting an early Rylais helps a ton, as they will have a harder time to run away from your pets, and everytime a pet hits a target for the first time a new one will spawn (close to you, so run after!). After you get a couple of them, just pop your ult, and they will breed like rabbits and nuke the target down.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if you play him mid, talk to your jungler and go get it early. If you get the dot and pet at level 1 and 2, you can kinda just go down there level two and kill the drake with your jungler. No one expects it (atleast in lower elo), and I believe that is what made Malz so damn strong after the rework?
    Hook 'till you're hooked!

What are your other mid champs that you main? I understand that Malzahar has one of the highest win rate on solo queue but he might not fit your style of play.

Healing / Recruiting Officer of <Laid Back> Stormrage-US
    Priest || Paladin || Mage || Shaman || Warlock || Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Kohz View Post
    What are your other mid champs that you main? I understand that Malzahar has one of the highest win rate on solo queue but he might not fit your style of play.
    I like to play champs that can burst the enemy team down in seconds so brand, ap amumu, and stuff like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    It's more likely that you are doing his combos wrong, because Malzahar has a TON of damage - nowadays it's all about getting his minions out during his ult.
    The damage is fine, it's the way he does damage that made me drop him, I've tried every build and he just doesn't have the burst to carry short team fights. He went from a bursty sustain champion to just sustain dps champ or that's the way it feels to me. it's just not enough when your teams front line gets blown up in 2 seconds.
    Last edited by foofoocuddlypoopz; 2016-07-21 at 12:03 AM.
    Everyone fights in the console wars! We don't like ours, but we sure hate yours! Its Xbox One versus Ps4! Let the bodies hit the floor! Let's throw down, come at me bro! Ill fuck you up, and your mom's a ho. Don't be a fag and blame the lag; These guns aren't just for show!

The damage is fine, it's the way he does damage that made me drop him, I've tried every build and he just doesn't have the burst to carry short team fights. He went from a bursty sustain champion to just sustain dps champ or that's the way it feels to me. it's just not enough when your teams front line gets blown up in 2 seconds.
    Ah yea, then preaching to the converted - I hate the damage profile of his minions now too (he used to be my most played mid mage, haven't touched him since the rework apart from seeing how it works in normals).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

New champion teaser just got released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl55ovLTdXA