10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    LOL I'm being a lol mod because I don't think waving someone's dirty laundry around is appropriate? Ok. You, like a bunch of other people in multiple threads about this, just have a raging hate boner against Lyte. His personal life (whether it did or did not effect his work you have no proof of) is none of anyone's business but his. You're right though, if he was an asshole (and we only have her side of the story, so far) then he is a hyprocrit. Still doesn't make this relevant to league of legends.
    I'm not saying she's not in the wrong in some way, she probably has some kind of issues but I just can't expect someone who's job is to tell other people they're bad etc. act like that personally. Like fuck it if he was some business exec who was a serial cheater, his job is to make the company more money along with other things. But when you're the lead social systems designer... You can't be an asshat personally, the entire job is based around you telling other people not to be asshats.
    Hey everyone

15+ Year Old Account
    You're right, they shouldn't. However, again my point is what they do in the personal life, outside of work, is none of our business.

Never understood why people would want to take shit like that out in the open.

And Kawlwryn is kinda right, that stuff got nothing to do here. I for sure isn't interested in gossip about some dude I don't know personally. And I honestly don't give a shit if he was a hypocrit, as long as he did his job. If he punished innocent people, then that is a shame and should perhaps be looked into, but I got a feeling that most of the people being punished in LoL deserves it.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Starting to genuinely love Illaoi. Even with only three or four items (usually Merc Treads, Mallet, DD and working towards DMP) her damage is INSANE and her durability is solid. I dread to think what she'd be like if I built her full AD.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Starting to genuinely love Illaoi. Even with only three or four items (usually Merc Treads, Mallet, DD and working towards DMP) her damage is INSANE and her durability is solid. I dread to think what she'd be like if I built her full AD.
    She has a lot of sustained damage, so going the route of being a little tankier helps her sustain damage longer, and deeper into the fray: it's actually the higher overall damage option.

Slapping people with like a 500 AD tentacle is possible, but it's not actually all that much more effective then building her bruisery - because if people are in the wrong spot against her they will die anyways.

Things like Black Cleaver, Death's Dance, Sterak's Gage, Dead Man's Plate, etc - all already help her do more damage (or get in range to do more damage), AND they make her tankier simultaneously - so she can keep doing more damage.

Personally I think one of Illaoi's greatest strengths is just how great itemization is for her. It's part of why I think Vi is strong right now too - not because of her kit (it's the same as it's always been pretty much), or because of Courage of the Coloussus (all the Vi OTP's weren't even using it anyways, we stuck with TLD even when CotC was OP, and sometimes fervor after the AD buff). Vi is strong because like Illaoi, items are just really great for her right now (whether going Lethality build, or TF+SG).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Things like Black Cleaver, Death's Dance, Sterak's Gage, Dead Man's Plate, etc
    Add some boots, and that is pretty much my Illaoi build XD. But yeah, I agree that building her bruiser is a far better route. It's one of those things, yes... You CAN build her full AD and have her tentacles hitting for a billion damage, but what's the point? The reason I love Illaoi is because she deals a good amount of damage, while also being a freakin tank.

Glad to hear Vi is doing well, she's always been one of my go to champs. I'm assuming that's Jungle Vi though... despite my repeated attempts to make it a thing, Top Vi never seemed to catch on .

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Add some boots, and that is pretty much my Illaoi build XD. But yeah, I agree that building her bruiser is a far better route. It's one of those things, yes... You CAN build her full AD and have her tentacles hitting for a billion damage, but what's the point? The reason I love Illaoi is because she deals a good amount of damage, while also being a freakin tank.

Glad to hear Vi is doing well, she's always been one of my go to champs. I'm assuming that's Jungle Vi though... despite my repeated attempts to make it a thing, Top Vi never seemed to catch on .
    Definitely Jungle Vi

10+ Year Old Account
    Awww... Ah well, back to making low budget hentai top lane with Illaoi then.

Still waiting for RNGesus to bless me with her on ARAM. I get the feeling that she would be an absolute MONSTER in such confined space.

Deleted
    I did a pentakill playing full AD + Health items on a 1v5 on the time i played her "full AD"
    But after losing a couple of matches and realizing i need to survive most of all i started building some tank items. Also because Yvaelle told me so and gave his opinion to me before.

I think i did the pentakill 1v5 with:
    -Frozen Mallet (Hp + Ad)
    -Black Cleaver (Hp + Ad)
    -Steraks Gage (Hp + Ad)
    -Titanic Hydra (Hp + Ad)
    -Maw of Malmortius

But i don't know since when maw of malmortius and steraks share the same cooldown. Maybe it was always like this and i just didn't notice before lol
    Non the less i remember killing a full Tank Malphite on a 1v1 like this.
    Full AD is insane but you absolutely need the survival in teamfights like Yvaelle says.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I think i did the pentakill 1v5 with:
    -Frozen Mallet (Hp + Ad)
    -Black Cleaver (Hp + Ad)
    -Steraks Gage (Hp + Ad)
    -Titanic Hydra (Hp + Ad)
    -Maw of Malmortius
    That looks like a solid build, I usually go:
    Mercs
    Mallet
    Gage
    Dead Man's Plate
    Spirit Visage
    Death's dance.

Seems petty solid so far. Good survivability with great damage... What more could you ask for?

Deleted
    I had the weirdest League game and i don't know if it's because i don't play for a Month but somehow everyone in the game seemed like a complete PRO player to me.
    I was Ekko fighting against a Gang Plank mid named "Smurf King" or something and he was using insane mechanix on barrels.
    Like, placing one barrel...waiting...placing more 2 instantly and exploding them on my face.

Zilean on my team doing 3 man stuns with bombs.
    Graves on my team dueling the smurf gang plank also with insane reactions and mechanix
    A vayne at 10% HP owning me under her tower with a flash stun on me.

Godam i'm getting old or suddenly everyone else became better.

Fortunately i ended the game with a 3 man stun with my Ekko's W + hourglass combo followed by Zilean stun. It was a glorious ending to a close game.
    But i felt like a noob compared to everyone else on that game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the community has definitely gotten a lot better. Part of it is just time - the longer the game is out the more time the pros have to define the meta, test what works where, and come up with tricks - and that cascades down through the ranks.

More recently, I think their initiative to really bring their eSports to the masses over the last year or so - has created a big smoothing effect in the playerbases skill level. The difference between Challengers and Bronze a couple years ago was unfathomable, today, it's measurable (it's still vast, but it's not incomprehensible anymore). The reason is that more low ELO players (bronze/silver/gold), are watching their favorite champions being played by the best players in the world - they are picking up sneaky tricks, map strategy, champion identity within team comps, lane positioning, jungle clear and invasion routes, etc.

I've watched Silver ELO Azir mains who can comfortably Shurima Shuffle like Febiven or Easyhoon - that's new. The number of insec'ing Lee Sins has skyrocketed, etc. They might still be low ELO for other reasons, but they tend to pick up mechanics mostly because it's what they tend to focus on - and now they watch the best do it more, because it's more accessible than ever to them.

So ya, the community has grown much more talented

Talented? Sure people learn a couple of tricks from playing the same game for years. But if someone can't get out of Silver/Bronze, I wouldn't use the word "talented" on anything they do, to be honest. Sure they might do fanzy stuff, but they have no clue about how the game works in a whole. They got zero map awarness, and tend to blame everything on their team mates, and how stuck they are in "elo-hell".
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, turns out there's one and only one time when it's okay for your ARAM to be overrun with bots.

When it's literally you, one person on the enemy team, and everyone else is a bot.

Just had the wierdest fucking ARAM, was me on Sion, an Enemy Poppy, and then bots... bots everywhere!

By the end we were both SUPER fed (I had like 35 kills to 7 deaths, got a penta and a couple of trip/quads) and were just having these epic showdown, it was ssoooooo fun.

Especially because I won .

Looks like they secretly buffed Blitz Q

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post

Looks like they secretly buffed Blitz Q
    Can't wait to see that on the next imaqtpie youtube video xD Did it happen in a recent stream?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Can't wait to see that on the next imaqtpie youtube video xD Did it happen in a recent stream?
    Yes, he got so tilted by it lol. It clearly misses him (the hook on the right) but the game code for whatever reason says it hit him anyway despite being to the side and even behind the minion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I think the community has definitely gotten a lot better. Part of it is just time - the longer the game is out the more time the pros have to define the meta, test what works where, and come up with tricks - and that cascades down through the ranks.

More recently, I think their initiative to really bring their eSports to the masses over the last year or so - has created a big smoothing effect in the playerbases skill level. The difference between Challengers and Bronze a couple years ago was unfathomable, today, it's measurable (it's still vast, but it's not incomprehensible anymore). The reason is that more low ELO players (bronze/silver/gold), are watching their favorite champions being played by the best players in the world - they are picking up sneaky tricks, map strategy, champion identity within team comps, lane positioning, jungle clear and invasion routes, etc.

I've watched Silver ELO Azir mains who can comfortably Shurima Shuffle like Febiven or Easyhoon - that's new. The number of insec'ing Lee Sins has skyrocketed, etc. They might still be low ELO for other reasons, but they tend to pick up mechanics mostly because it's what they tend to focus on - and now they watch the best do it more, because it's more accessible than ever to them.

So ya, the community has grown much more talented
    No this doesn't mean they're better players, this is exactly like players in Melee who can multishine on Fox (which is useless half the time) but can't do any of the actual important tech skill. Community better? How? Like people are still toxic but they're far more passive aggressive now than they used to be. Low elo players are not picking up map strategy, they can barely comprehend the game past laning phase, they just try to mechanically outplay but have no idea how to pressure the map. You're giving them way to much credit.

The game was always super accessible, you could find guides etc. on all sorts of stuff easily from Season 2 onwards. You seriously can't measure a Challenger vs a Bronze today, look I played one game in Bronze on a friends account to see what it's like. I would literally have to try to lose to actually lose in Bronze, honestly it feels like people in Bronze don't actually give a shit or literally have the focus level of a kid with extreme ADHD. I can basically keep a 100% win rate up to Gold np and keep an 85% winrate up to Plat np. There really isn't that much difference between the skill levels until you hit above Diamond 5. The differences are lane phase and important mechanics like CS'ing, map awareness is pretty trash at all of the elo's I listed. Map awareness is probably the single most important thing in terms of macro play but players in low elo can't comprehend it because they're so focused on mechanics which need to be second nature to abuse map awareness.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2017-02-27 at 07:40 PM.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Galio rework!
    I've never been so hyped for anything about League of Legends related. Galio is my man and we share SO MUCH history together.
    Stories like having a match history full of victories playing Dominion solo bot lane. (triple kills on tower every single game)
    Soon after the legendary skin was released of him guarding a gate and me guarding the botlane alone with Garrison and triple killing my way to victory on Dominion.
    Drawings i made to one of my girlfriends as Galio and she as Miss Fortune.

So many memories T_T RIP Dominion

Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-03-02 at 11:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanni View Post
    gailo been my troll/semi tryhard pick for top.. pretty hypu about this
    I also love him top
    Tried him yesterday top and made a specific troll build for him (actually pretty serious)
    -Windspeaker's Blessing + Runic Armor + Spirit Visage for 43% increased healing
    -45% cdr mastery
    -Full tank with Sunfire Cape and Abyssal Scepter

Congtaz you are now a immovable object with a OP shield that heals you to full HP on a 6 sec cooldown and killing everyone slowly with sunfire cape and infinite Q's.
    Galio tank is best tank!

edit: he has a lot of mana problems so i make Banner of Command early game and pick the mastery "meditation"
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-03-03 at 02:18 PM.