Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ninja nerfs for Worgen should also be applied to Taurens

I understand that rationale for Blizzard nerfing the Worgen skinning bonus; a worgen will no longer be able to steal a skin from other skinner simply because they can do it faster. I agree that ninjaing mats is not cool. However, what I don't understand is why the Tauren bonus doesn't see a similar restriction.

Yes, an individual can create a Taruen druid and ninja herbs along with the rest of them. However, for us Alliance-based players, this option seems overly silly (not to mention a pain in the neck).

I think what sums up the expected player behavior (outside of pvp) is, "The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins." - Oliver Wendell

I agree that not every player can be counted on to play fairly, and that is why Blizzard has rules for behavior and tries to put certain restrictions on player negative abilities. I would just like to see both Alliance and Horde toons treated equally; nerfing one bonus does not make sense without nerfing the other. Otherwise, the reason for the nerf is invalid.

The way I see it, Skinning and Herbalism are different professions.
    When it comes to skinning, You kill it, you skin it. The way I see it.
    As for herbing It's a race, Tauren Druids will always have the upper hand.

Blizz loves horde. Thats about the sum of it

Quote Originally Posted by bigitybow View Post
    Blizz loves horde. Thats about the sum of it
    No. The person who killed should have priority of the leather.

A herb isn't owned by someone until it's in a backpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand and can even appreciate that they are different professions. Skinning is the one gathering profession you either have to put in the work to kill creatures or hope you get lucky and trail behind someone on a murderous rampage who has no use for the leather(You will see this quite often with the spider in TB =D). That being said there is no reason to apply a double standard for the very reason that it is something that effects potentially an entire faction. I have a really hard time believing that the worgen racial had become such a widespread problem that it forced blizzards hand. Ninjas are going to be ninjas regardless of something so miniscule. I used to curse the heavens when a druid in flight form would beat me to an herb, so I got even and leveled a druid just so I could do the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TehTiny View Post
    I understand and can even appreciate that they are different professions. Skinning is the one gathering profession you either have to put in the work to kill creatures or hope you get lucky and trail behind someone on a murderous rampage who has no use for the leather(You will see this quite often with the spider in TB =D). That being said there is no reason to apply a double standard for the very reason that it is something that effects potentially an entire faction. I have a really hard time believing that the worgen racial had become such a widespread problem that it forced blizzards hand. Ninjas are going to be ninjas regardless of something so miniscule. I used to curse the heavens when a druid in flight form would beat me to an herb, so I got even and leveled a druid just so I could do the same.

There is not a double standard. An herb is out there growing. No one put any effort into making it into something cultivatable. Whoever can pluck it out of the ground the quickest gets it. With skinning, people put the effort into making it into something that can be skinned and couldn't skin it for the Worgen following them around. And this were not such a widespread problem it would not have been changed.
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

So taking an example here:

You kill a mob and someone beats you to skinning it is considered wrong, but killing/fearing a mob that is guarding an herb and while you are distracted someone else taking the herb isn't considered wrong?

stop trying to make excuses and try to justify the differences between the 2 professions and sound smart.......ive got a tauren druide who is an herbalist......if the worgens are gonna be nerfed so should the taurens imo.....its the exact same mechanic

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbuYb6lLHX8

Anyways, I don't think it matters much, they aren't going to change anything other than what they are saying they are so just have to live with it.
    They seem to enjoy demoting worgens though, maybe they regret giving the Alliance a cool race.

Goblin are going to loose some of their racial bonus Time is money , so stfu about Blizz being Horde fan boy

and if you are not happy being a skinner , go learn something else

Quote Originally Posted by docholiday View Post
    stop trying to make excuses and try to justify the differences between the 2 professions and sound smart.......ive got a tauren druide who is an herbalist......if the worgens are gonna be nerfed so should the taurens imo.....its the exact same mechanic
    The mob has nothing to do with the herb. They are separate entities.

Quote Originally Posted by Kheng View Post
    its still a gather

If a skinner is being followed by a stealthed druid who's stealing all of his skins just because he can skin faster - this isn't fair. This was the scenario that was coming up, people complained, and it got fixed. How often does this come to herbalists though? Very rarely.

Herb should be claimed by who right clicks it first, instead of who loots it first.

That way druid herbalism bonus still makes them to fastest herb gatherers, but won't let them ninja herbs anymore. even though the window for doing so is so tiny only the biggest of whiners complain about such things.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aztrazolo View Post
    There is not a double standard. An herb is out there growing. No one put any effort into making it into something cultivatable. Whoever can pluck it out of the ground the quickest gets it. With skinning, people put the effort into making it into something that can be skinned and couldn't skin it for the Worgen following them around. And this were not such a widespread problem it would not have been changed.
    heres a thought......dont loot the damn mob until that worgen is gone....../thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kheng View Post
    Usually the mob will attack you so you have to fight or fear it and while you are doing that someone can come along and take the herb.

---------- Post added 2011-06-05 at 03:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by docholiday View Post
    heres a thought......dont loot the damn mob until that worgen is gone....../thread
    I think the problem is with worgens that are druids stealthing around so the player doesn't know where they are until they skin it.

It was done because of jerks playing Worgen who would follow people around skinning the corpse of the beasts they killed right after it was looted.

While the Tauren one is similar and quite annoying when they ninja an herb, it is more of an occasional nuisance and not a growing problem.

For a Tauren to ninja an herb from you, they have to get to the herb within a second or two.

For a Worgen to ninja a skin, they just had to starting skinning right after you looted and you had no chance of beating them.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    there have been many time when herbing that i click the herb get 1/3 the way thru the cast just to have a tauran druid swoop
    down and steel that herb away,now i by now way think there bonus should be nurfed
    but i do think it should be 1st clicked 1st served !
    as for the skinning , it should be made that if you are a skinner and loot the body that it should auto cast skinning at the same time ,that way there is never a problem like this ever and worgen can keep there bonus along with tauran !
    thats my 2 cents !
    Last edited by blazzin; 2011-06-05 at 06:20 AM.

Its too bad they have to waste time on doing this but common curtsy is something that often lacks in alot of society these days. I've scavenged off others kills with my worgen skinner before but I always waited until they either started moving on to the next pack to kill or otherwise made it clear they were not going to skin the bodies. If I see someone I thought was a non skinner sudenly start to skin I take off and leave them alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Goblin are going to loose some of their racial bonus Time is money , so stfu about Blizz being Horde fan boy

and if you are not happy being a skinner , go learn something else
    It was bugged, its getting fixed....
    Worgen racial was nerfed.