Trying to play 6yr game on new computer.

I am trying to play Titanic: Adventure out of Time, a PC game made in 1996, but it says that its not compatible with the current version of Windows.

The system requirement for the game are Windows 95 & Windows 3.1 but I have Windows Vista.

Is there something I can download to play the game or will it not work unless I go back to Windows 95?

I have tried the customer support for the game but the company doesnt seem to be in business any more.

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

You probably tried compatibility mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyx View Post
    You probably tried compatibility mode?
    I amnot very good with computers. Where would that be?

---------- Post added 2011-06-05 at 01:55 AM ----------

I found this site but I am not sure if it will help any http://titanicadventureoutoftime.wor...ndows-7-vista/
    Last edited by aqthedruid; 2011-06-05 at 08:52 AM.

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

I haven't used Vista in a while, so I can't remember if you can just right click the exe file and look for the compatibility tab, try this if that doesn't work:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ion-of-Windows

They would have mentioned that probably if it worked, so you may be stuck with the Virtual Machine thing...

I use VMs often, and it shouldn't affect performance too badly in a game that old. I remember that game being in PCgamer .... years ago.

I do have an old computer that I did play it on before but I rather play it on my new computer.

Right click the icon ---> Properties ---> Compatibility Tab.

You can change the compatibility from there.
    Hail Lord Bjor!

Quote Originally Posted by aqthedruid View Post
    Trying to play 6yr game on new computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by aqthedruid View Post
    I am trying to play Titanic: Adventure out of Time, a PC game made in 1996, but it says that its not compatible with the current version of Windows.
    I think your math might be slightly off there, boss.
    Xentin
    Damage Control [Suramar-US]

Quote Originally Posted by Xentin View Post
    I suck at math what can I say.

But hey this 15 yr old game still rocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xentin View Post
    Thanks for your very useful contribution. People like you make this forum absolutely TERRIFIC!

Anyways, the only answers I've found to make the game work is through running a virtual machine, such as that other guy did. Changing the compatibility doesn't seem to work, unfortunately.

Right click on the shortcut, properties. Click on compatibility tab, check box for run in compatibility mode, and choose Win95 from drop down. It may even require some of the other check boxes in settings.

Of course it may not work at all.

If that doesn't work you might try Virtual PC for Vista, google it. Free program from Microsoft that lets you install what ever Operating System you want on a "Virtual PC" that you just run from Vista. That is of course a lot of trouble to play an old game.