Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    What Unit Frames do you use currently? And is only "lets the frames look differently depending if they are from me or not" acceptable? Or would Filtering (removing those you do not want to see) also be acceptable? If yes, try Aura Frames. Also ordering with letting your debuffs appear at the
    front (Aura Frames can also do this) might be an option.

I use Tukui, just the base package and there is an addon there called filger, great thing for a dot class. I play a lock and an spriest as well. Another option is to use Power Auras, I use to use that to track dots as it takes very little memory. If either of these interest you, let me know and i'll send you the set up I use right now. I'd post it to the site but I just registered finally.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kkborang View Post
    quartz is win
    Negative. Quartz doesn't take your haste into account for dot classes like locks, and will only show you when things would tick if your haste didn't affect tick speed/number of ticks. Gnosis and AZCastbar (I use AZ) will both take your haste into account.

Heroic progression raider. Incapable of using Saran Wrap.

Get Pitbull unit frames! It shows your buffs first, then the rest and you can filter like there's no tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by lekein View Post
    Get Pitbull unit frames! It shows your buffs first, then the rest and you can filter like there's no tomorrow.
    Not needed to change unit frames (which is a major UI change) for this. Aura Frames can do what you describe as well, with any Unit Frames.

TellMeWhen is really great, I use it DoTs, debuffs, and procs.
    Can't post a link, you can find it on wowinterface.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosky View Post
    and im not looking for an addon that tracks cooldowns or buffs im looking for an addon 1 single addon that dosnt change my whole UI etc that just gets rid of other peoples dots etc on the target so I can see my dots etc alot clearer.
    If for some weird reason you really need to see your debuffs under monster portrait, why don't just move TellMeWhen to the position where it overlays all other debuffs? Would produce the same result, because it shows debuffs (or whatever it's made to show) as squares with customisable size.
    Last edited by AnotherRogue; 2011-06-07 at 01:09 PM.

I've said multiple times in this thread that I am not looking to change my Unitframes, and im not looking for an addon that tracks cooldowns or buffs im looking for an addon 1 single addon that dosnt change my whole UI etc that just gets rid of other peoples dots etc on the target so I can see my dots etc alot clearer. Theres part of Tukui that greys out all other peoples dots etc but I don't want Tukui I want a single addon that does that, the next person who suggests a cooldown tracker I will strangle ><

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've used xperl and tukui both, they have different options to make your spells stand out against others.
    But no, I've no knowledge of an addon that completely removes them from visibility, and as a raid leader I would want to ensure debuffs are up.
    Be reasonable. You might be right, you could be wrong, but either way most people won't change their minds if you keep shouting at them.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."

Shadowtimers, MFClip and PowerAuras

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excy View Post
    i use SarinaBuffFrame, it can track almost everything...
    takes some time to sett up tho, but its easy to set up.
    This, most of the guys I raid with use this addon.

Personally for dps I still prefer the extremely simple addon eventhorizon. It doesn't put your dots only on the unit frame, but it keeps track of the individual ticks of each dot and their durations; why else would you want to see only your icons on the unitframes? I think this is probably the simplest solution to what you want.
    Last edited by drhay53; 2011-06-07 at 01:19 PM.

Deleted
    addons that shows your debuffs and/or other people's debuffs:
    fortexorcist
    tellmewhen
    needtoknow
    buttontimers
    anything named "buff frames"
    any unit frame

I've said multiple times in this thread that I am not looking to change my Unitframes, and im not looking for an addon that tracks cooldowns or buffs im looking for an addon 1 single addon that dosnt change my whole UI etc that just gets rid of other peoples dots etc on the target so I can see my dots etc alot clearer. Theres part of Tukui that greys out all other peoples dots etc but I don't want Tukui I want a single addon that does that, the next person who suggests a cooldown tracker I will strangle ><

l2read people I dont want a cooldown/debuff/buff tracker I want something that will make my DoTs stand out on the target im targeting like part of Tukui......

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Roosky, what they're telling you is that such an addon does not exist.

To modify the display of buffs/debuffs on other players/mobs (which is what you want), you have to replace the ENTIRE Buff/Debuff display, or use some form of specific buff/debuff tracking addon (DoT/HoT trackers, etc).

They are giving you ways to get what you want. Don't get your panties in a knot because they're not telling exactly you what you want, because exactly what you want is not possible at this time.

As I said several times before, you can configure Aura Frames that it does not display other people's dots. DebuffFilters also can do this, as a second option. Personally I would go for AuraFrames as it's filter options are more powerful. DebuffFilters has the advantage though that you can decide PER DEBUFF if you only want your own ones displayed or also those of other people.

And yes, these addons most of the time can also display cooldowns and stuff. But you do not
    NEED TO USE THAT FUNCTIONALITY. You can configure Aura Frames so it only displays the targets
    debuffs (and only the one from you). Which is BTW what I have been doing on my system.

True, this makes the dots from other people COMPLETELY not visible. Changing their visibility (gray out or whatever) I fear is only possible with a different Unit Frame. But making other dots completely disappear is fine IMHO (and for those few which you need for your class you can set up the filter in a way, that THOSE do not disappear).

And yes, these two addons can display the debuffs *as icon list* (you can choose if you want an icon list or dot timers,
    myselves I prefer the icon list).
    Last edited by MagicSN; 2011-06-07 at 02:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I use Xperl, and in the "Target" options tab, there is a box that you can check that says "Show only your debuffs." I don't use it on my DK, but on my Affliction Warlock I found it helpful. There is also an option to enlarge your debuffs on the target to whatever size you want, although those debuffs will still be attached to your target unit frame.

That's what I would use to disable other people's debuffs. If you're looking for one addon to move or personalize your debuffs, I would suggest Power Auras. Among other things, it can easily show your debuffs on the target wherever you want them to show up, any animation / image you'd like, optional sound and very visible timers if you need them as well.

Ooor just go into "Show my debuffs only" under interface options... ?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Elkano's Buff Bars allows you to black/whitelist buffs and debuffs. I prefer it to others because it also saves a lot of space.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luubox View Post
    Loobox, that only works while in raids - if you want it for 5-mans, it doesn't work. At least, that's what I'm lead to believe by Blizzard's tooltips.

----------------------

What it comes down to is - you need a new Buff/Debuff addon, specifically one of the ones that lets you filter out the buffs/debuffs you don't want to show. Addons that do this (just off the top of my head):
    PhanxBuffs
    Satrinas Buff Frames
    Raven
    Aptus Aura Frames
    AuraFrames
    Elkano's Buff Bars

Quote Originally Posted by Luubox View Post
    Show my debuffs only is no good option for some classes. For example for a mage it does not matter which mage casted "Critical Mass". If you display "Show my debuff only"
    you are potentially scorching too often. The only solution making sense is a good Buff/Debuff Addon like Aura Frames (or the debuff filtering given by a Unit Frame Addon
    like Shadowed Unit Frames). Addons like Aura Frames or WymBuffs or Raven or DebuffFilters or whatever work with any Unit Frames (assuming your Unit Frames have an
    option to disable the original Auras, as I guess you do not want them to be displayed twice).