Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Dunno about 3, but you could do 1 and 2 in Terraria too.
    You can share world seeds and replayable adventure worlds in Terraria? Hmmm... I didn't know that.
    DMs make the worst players.

I'm sorry, but...what do these games have in common?

All I can really see is that you mine in both and make shit...which you do in many games. You can't even compare the building or mining, really, since Terraria is in 2 Dimensions.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknix View Post
    Minecraft, because 2D sucks
    This.

Also, if youre bored of single player, normal Minecraft, get some adventure maps made by other people. There are really awesome ones out there.

i like them both very much but Terraria takes the cake
    because i feel like in that you actually progress and it feels like more of an adventure where as minecraft all you do is buld...

oh yeah and more weapons, more armor sets and epic fairy unicorn dust rainbow sparkle arrows,(jester's arrows) thats what real men use
    "The instinct of self-preservation? You call it that. Yes, i will sink my teeth into life. Fuck your evolution. Let other species wait their turn. I'm not a lamb being led to the slaughter."
    ~Hunter

What is better, to be born good? or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
    ~Paarthurnax
    my attempts at being funny with skyrim

Dunno about 3, but you could do 1 and 2 in Terraria too.
    Not really at least for 1, Terraria is a sidescroller 2d adventure game, i doubt that it will ever be able to create builds on the epic level of minecraft.

Comparing these 2 games is stupid, since they are very different in whole.

I like both simply because they accomplish different things. Minecraft is more fun to build things in simply because it's 3D, however Terraria is more fun to actually play as a game with combat in it, considering is has different weapons, armours, and trinkets that do different things( Like SotN, one of my all time favorite games)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krieghoff View Post
    Well... person in a random world who can dig and craft and has to survive in a hostile world where there are daytime enemies and even worse ones at night. Remember to keep the dark places lit and SHUT THE DOOR!!

Same idea... just different ways of going about it. We're comparing those two ways.
    ^This

And also for myself. Right now I am enjoying Terraia more than Minecraft because i haven't "beaten" it yet. But by the time I have beaten it, I will probably begin enjoying Minecraft more again.
    Last edited by mmoc183e9206b5; 2011-07-12 at 12:48 PM.

Deleted
    Terraria -> eplore, fight, loot & bosses
    Minecraft -> explore, fight, build

both are being regularly updated, price is ridiculous and multiplayer is lots of fun

its up to you

my choice is Terraria over Minecraft now (12 hrs played so far, thx to work), but i believe i will buy Minecraft once im done with Terraria

Deleted
    I really prefer Minecraft, although I had fun with Terraria.

I played Terraria with a friend of mine. A couple of things bothered me:

- Travelling takes a looooooot of time, even if you have boots of speed or the mirror. The distance from corrupted land to the dungeon was about 10/15 mins walking.
    - They haven't thought at ALL about monster spawning it seems, at least with 2 players. Whenever we would be digging somewhere, a steady swarm of blobs and skeletons kept coming. You really couldn't continue digging as you had to fend off these creatures all the time. This gets waaaaaaaay worse deep down...where you get teleporting imps that shoot fireballs. There's basically nothing you can do there at all.

What I did like was the addition of magic items, item sets, monster diversity, bosses(!), cool weapons. I don't really see how it can be compared with minecraft though...as the building aspect is severely limited (mostly because it's 2d, you can't make awesome lookings structures like in minecraft).

Both are good games, but I really prefer minecraft.

Terraria is great because there is a progression path. Sadly, I have done all I can right now, and just spend the time mining hellfire bricks to deck out an infernal castle i'm building.
    New patch out tomorrow for Terraria, more content and an extra boss.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by kkborang View Post
    right now neither tbh. ive played both and enjoyed minecraft more at the start. but minecraft will be better if notch can get off his lazy ass and provide the stuff he said he would....
    If notch can get of his lazy ass? I just....just can't even. What? It's still in beta!!! It's been arguably one of the most ground breaking games reccently, and from what can recall he's keeping the Dev team very small (somewhere in the range of 5-10, not quite sure).

I have to remind all the guys i play with whenever something goes wrong that it's still beta.

Sorry, just annoys me sometimes : )

On Minecraft:
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    Creepers would cease to be terrifying if they looked more 'real' and less like a big green dick with a frowny face on it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Minecraft because it is seriously the second best value for the money besides WoW in my experience. I have poured hundreds of hours into shaping various landscapes in Minecraft for $20. Everything I have heard about Terraria is that it essentially has an ending. Also Terraria's graphics make me want to punch something. I can handle Minecraft's cute "look everything is made out of cubes" look, but if I wanted to play something with graphics that looked like Sonic the Hedgehog from 1990 I would find and plug in my Sega.

still need to try minecraft

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Minecraft because it is seriously the second best value for the money besides WoW ....Everything I have heard about Terraria is that it essentially has an ending.
    so 10 bucks for game that has ending is too expensive?...

Deleted
    Find it difficult to compare the two. They're different in many ways, the main way being Terraria looks like its for Sega Game-Gear and Minecraft looks like a old PS1 game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorial View Post
    I prefer Terraria, there is actual progression and a true challenge in the harder areas.

The day Minecraft puts in harder and more monsters and biomes with actual effect i will be a very happy man.
    Well, that progression lasts about a day and a bit. If you're decent at the game you can clear all content and items in a very small amount of time. It's fun, granted, but after the progression is over, there isn't anything for it to fall back on, like Minecraft has its great sandbox building.

Deleted
    Love Minecraft more

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jenda View Post
    so 10 bucks for game that has ending is too expensive?...
    Certainly not. $10 for a game that offers 20-30 hours of play time is a ridiculously fantastic value. 4 times the length of a console game for 1/6th the price. Yes please. It is a great deal, not quite as good of a deal as Minecraft though, at least in my case, which I have put 150 hours into for 20 bucks. Both are stupid good deals, in my opinion Minecraft is the better deal plus I find it to be a superior game to play from what I have seen of Terraria.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Certainly not. $10 for a game that offers 20-30 hours of play time is a ridiculously fantastic value. 4 times the length of a console game for 1/6th the price. Yes please. It is a great deal, not quite as good of a deal as Minecraft though, at least in my case, which I have put 150 hours into for 20 bucks. Both are stupid good deals, in my opinion Minecraft is the better deal plus I find it to be a superior game to play from what I have seen of Terraria.
    i see, you are completely right, mister

Easy both... Started playing Minecraft after I caught the yogscast doing vids on it. Then when Terraria came out I saw the WTF vid on TB's channel looked nice so I started playing that as well. I'd say I get the same amount of enjoyment and gameplay on both.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5GHz) | Asus P8Z68 | 16GB G Skill Ripjaw 1600MHz | Asus GTX 680 4GB | 2x G Skill Phoenix III 120GB | Seagate 1TB 7200 rpm | Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler | Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition | Raidmax 730ss | Sony Optiarc DVDRW | NZXT Sentry 2 | 9x Thermaltake 120mm | 1x Coolermaster 230mm