Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    what they say basically: everyone needs to do it, just do it with some guildies. faster for everyone and a lot more fun

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Here's the thing. I expect a fire mage to primarily use fire spells to kill stuff.
    I expect a holy priest to primarily use holy spells to kill stuff.

One of these expectations of mine fail.

Also: Quite a lot of us are holy/disc due to PVP reasons or just double healing roles in raids.
    I don't expect a ret paladin to heal with a spell in the ret tree...

Shadow is the dps spec, it makes sense that the dps spells of that spec are the most potent, talented or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    Just respec shadow for an hour or so while you get your dailies done. You'll get way more than the 66g (or 132 if you respec back) it costs to respec, so you won't be at a loss, you just won't be getting as much gold as you would if you didn't have to switch back and forth, but I guess that's the price you pay to do dailies faster when running with 2 healing specs.
    Sure, but...

- It's a hefty monetary tax for being a healer.

- You are effectively arguing that questing as a healer is so annoying that you shouldn't do it. Which is really breaking the design idea that this game is supposed to be playable as any class or specc. The moment healers cannot do a large portion of the game - questing - then something is very very wrong with healers. Next up, caster specs cannot do PVP, or shammies are unable to run heroics?

Quote Originally Posted by lebowski View Post
    I don't expect a ret paladin to heal with a spell in the ret tree...

Shadow is the dps spec, it makes sense that the dps spells of that spec are the most potent, talented or not.
    Questing is for everyone.

I do not disagree that DPSers should be better at dealing DPS than a healer. Up until cataclysm, that meant that I spent two to ten times as long to down a mob. But it was certainly not impossible. It was just slow. In cataclysm it is impossible. I never did the quests in twilight highlands, for example. I got there, and found that I couldn't actually solo mobs over 100k HP. I just didn't have enough mana to outlast it.

As a guy who takes pride on doing every quest in the game and enjoying the lore behind it, this really put a huge dampener on my enjoyment.
    Last edited by Danner; 2011-06-05 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TommmyBoy View Post
    So in 4.2 you will have to do ALOT of dailys!
    As i am Holy MS/Disc PvP i am alredy feeling the pain of doing those dailys! Its painful to do them as caster IMO.
    So the big question is will i be able to do those dailys with Disc spec? and how hard will it be?
    Couse i dont want to respec every day!

What will you do?
    PvP Lolz.

As disc you can solo just about everything by smiting it to death... Then again I suppose that depends on spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Sure, but...

- It's a hefty monetary tax for being a healer.

- You are effectively arguing that questing as a healer is so annoying that you shouldn't do it. Which is really breaking the design idea that this game is supposed to be playable as any class or specc. The moment healers cannot do a large portion of the game - questing - then something is very very wrong with healers. Next up, DPS specs cannot do PVP, or tanks are unable to run heroics?
    It is annoying, and you probably shouldn't do it, but it is doable, and therefore not really game-breaking. People who love every aspect of the spec will probably enjoy casually questing in a healing spec. I do not. If healers can effectively DPS as well as a DPS class, then we head towards further homogenization of the classes. When you choose a spec at the beginning of the game, you assume that you're going to be strong in some areas, weak in others. You can't have everything in one spec, unless you're a blood DK, but that's another issue =P

I can deal with annoying. I levelled 1-85 as a holypriest; annoying don't stop me. I am stubborn that way.

But seriously -

I have done every quest in vanilla as holy. Sometimes it was though. I still remember wiping for 3 hours straight on a lvl 45 turtle that was way over my level in the hinterlands. The main lesson was that I didn't have to burn down the enemy fast. I only needed to dot it up and heal myself until it was dead. Horribly inefficient, but by gods it worked. Things died, and I felt powerful, and I felt like a healer. At times I was able to down things that even DPSers struggled with.

I have done every quest in TBC. I died a lot, and often questing was a net loss of repair bills. But I did it. Smited every single bastard mob in outland to pieces, 600 damage at a time.

I did every quest in WoTLK. And they were very enjoyable I might add, though sometimes even a bit too easy. Mana was very tight at times, but it wasn't impossible at all. It was just a whole different world than what I had grown accustomed to in T6 gear.

I did Vashjir, Mount Hyjal, Stonecore and Uldum in that order wearing T10. At the end of Uldum I was effectively hacking down the mobs with a smite so horribly inefficient that killing a single mob took 3 minutes. But I did it. I was often cursing about how hard it was, but then again, so was everyone else. I just had the harder choice.

The main difference was mana. I was no longer able to use my vanilla approach. I ran out of mana before mobs ran out of hitpoints. And then I came to the twilight highlands. And this is where I just had to stop. Every single 100k mob was unkillable. So despite loving to do quests, I just couldn't. Unless I respecced.

I did them in 359 gear. It was quite doable, but not exactly easy. It was really what I expected. However, when I got there, my ilvl was QUITE a lot lower. Doing the twilight highlands as a holypriest while clad in the best available questing gear is simply not possible. I challenge anyone to actually do it. It cannot be done.

--

Anyone telling me that I shouldn't be doing quests as a holypriest are effecitvely telling me that holypriests are not a real specc, and should not be used outside of very specific raid situation catering to the enjoyment of others. This is very backwater thinking on par with "tanks should have a higher repairbill than others because they enjoy getting hit a lot" and "shadowpriests shouldn't do damage because we only bring them for the mana battery role anyway".

Questing is for everyone. Bottom line.

15+ Year Old Account
    MASSIVE IMAGE REMOVED, especially since it got quoted several times without being removed.

On topic, I hate doing dailys alone on my Priest, I also try to do it with someone else. Seriously, just /w someone who is picking up the quests at the same time as you (if there are no guildies/friends on).

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow guys, was no need overquoting me ALOT Now it's got removed =(

2Ultima: sorry, should have foreseen that

oh shi, now it's offtopic. Well on topic: I remember levelling as Disc priest. This is better than holy levelling described several posts above. If you don't want to group with somebody as a last resort you may try to do it as disc.
    Last edited by Dreyks; 2011-06-06 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TommmyBoy View Post
    What will you do?
    Look for a frost DK(or any other DPS)...or even better get 4 DPS , around the quest area and let the fun begin , you would do it a lot faster than respeccing shadow .