Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blizzard is really trying to up sales

Check out this promo at newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-32127008-L04B

That's the cheapest I've seen an expansion sell for during the first year of release. Little surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranic View Post

That's the cheapest I've seen an expansion sell for during the first year of release. Little surprising.
    Can you say "Attempting to recoup losses"?

Contrary to what people think, that 600k people (more by now) hit home for them.
    Last edited by Aedeus; 2011-06-06 at 12:25 AM.
    "Actually, it'd be more like a group of friends all buying tickets for a play, but then being charged extra to sit together."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranic View Post

Newegg is always famed for being able to get crazy prices for its products. It is the de facto place to build a PC for Americans, as far as I know.

15+ Year Old Account
    in other news, things on newegg are often way cheaper than elsewhere

more at 11
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

lol
    fml i spent like 40 bucks just to get sick of it in a month
    "The instinct of self-preservation? You call it that. Yes, i will sink my teeth into life. Fuck your evolution. Let other species wait their turn. I'm not a lamb being led to the slaughter."
    ~Hunter

What is better, to be born good? or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
    ~Paarthurnax
    my attempts at being funny with skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Aedeus View Post
    Can you say "Attempting to recoup losses"?

Contrary to what people think, that 600k people (more by now) hit home for them.
    According to what? I've seen your Blizzard-bashing statements in the other thread as well and I challenge you to provide evidence for your claims instead of jumping on the Blizzard hate bandwagon.
    Opulence. I has it.

wow can't beleive it's that cheap alrdy, but i agree that it is prolly for the loss

"so fire is bad?, but i'm a fire mage."
    When will noobs learn

Blizzard is having big problem because next quarter they will go reporting another big loss in subscription. They also give free short term subscriptions if your buy other Blizzard game.

Quote Originally Posted by llcjay1 View Post
    According to what? I've seen your Blizzard-bashing statements in the other thread as well and I challenge you to provide evidence for your claims instead of jumping on the Blizzard hate bandwagon.
    ... Have you seen the quarterly?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, and please don't sit their and try and flame me because I disagree with the direction the company is going in. It's called an opinion, and if you don't like mine, you can get fucked

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Recoup losses.... They say ignorance is bliss, is it?

---------- Post added 2011-06-06 at 12:16 AM ----------

He cant defend anything he says. Just another ignorant kid pretending to know stuff.
    Yes, I am ignorant because I can read and put 1+1 together.

Refer to my avatar for any further concerns.
    "Actually, it'd be more like a group of friends all buying tickets for a play, but then being charged extra to sit together."

Deleted
    Yeah. It showed the finances of an extremely healthy company. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Your claim is that they are lowering the price to make up for the 600k customer loss.
    I just provided you with a link that proves that Blizzard itself isn't lowering the cost at all.
    This is just some retail store that has an action-price which has NOTHING to do with Blizzard itself.

But sure, go ahead and flame people.. We'll miss you.
    I'm flaming?

Maybe the English / Dutch language barrier is obstructing what I was trying to say.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, and please don't sit their and try and flame me because I disagree with the direction the company is going in. It's called an opinion, and if you don't like mine, you can get fucked

Yes, I am ignorant because I can read and put 1+1 together.

Refer to my avatar for any further concerns.
    I was merely challenging you to provide a basis for your claims. If you disagree with the direction a company is going, then do not pay for its services. Your use of language was unnecessary and serves to provide insight into your ability to have a normal discussion.
    Opulence. I has it.

Quote Originally Posted by llcjay1 View Post

According to Blizzard? You do realize the 600k lost subs isn't made up right? Blizzard is the one who came out with that...

You guys realise they lost 600,000 subscribers...but their actual net worth / profits has increased?

When they reported 12 million subs, they also reported their profit...and again they reported their 11.4 million subs, and they also reported their profits - WHICH WAS MORE THAN IT WAS AT 12 MILLION.

So no, you can get this theory out of your mind that they started losing money.

They made more because of all the services they offer, pet sales/mount sales...it all adds up, chances are the 600k who quit are people who wouldn't even buy that stuff anyway...that also includes banned accounts, I'd be willing to bet a lot that most of those 600k subs were post expac leavers...the guys who buy the XPAC...level to level cap...then quit the next day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless shown otherwise, I don't think Newegg and Blizzard have a pricing agreement; my office sells Office 2010 for USD10, that doesn't mean Microsoft is "failing".

That being said, what's wring with a company trying to increase sales? Isn't that what companies do?

Who would have thought a business would try and up their sales which in turn ups their profit?

They really need a dirt cheap battle chest with all xpacs if they hope to improve things, cost of entry currently is just to high to attract fresh meat to a 6yr old game.

It's called an opinion, and if you don't like mine, you can get fucked
    I see no "I believe" or "I think" to imply your first quote was meant to be an opinion, hence why someone was asking for a quote from Blizzard to back up what it looked like you were trying to pass for fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    According to Blizzard? You do realize the 600k lost subs isn't made up right? Blizzard is the one who came out with that...
    Someone provided a suitable answer for this:

Quote Originally Posted by Noin View Post
    Yeah. It showed the finances of an extremely healthy company. Sorry.
    Opulence. I has it.

Deleted
    Hey guys, I just checked the Steam store and you know what? Every single dev up there is sinking! I know this because there are lowered prices EVERYWHERE and I like to pretend I went to bees knees skewl.