Int > Hit? What to gem

So I know for arcane you never gem hit over int. But is this the same for a lock? I know you reforge all your secondary stats to hit until cap, but do u gem hit until cap also?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gem ALL sockets with 40+ int UNLESS the bonus is 20+ int. This goes for all casters right now.

/thread ^.^

Read the stickies next time.
    The answer is intellect.

Intellect unless sockets 20+ Intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Xifer View Post
    Gem ALL sockets with 40+ int UNLESS the bonus is 20+ int. This goes for all casters right now.

/thread ^.^
    There are some hats with bonuses worth gemming for, but they are the exception.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xifer View Post

/thread ^.^
    yep.. This
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

I was going to come into this thread and play the hit side of the argument, but all my gemming follows the above advice anyway

Helm -> Worth socketing the right color, 20int/20haste in yellow, 20int/20hit in blue, 40int in red.

Pants and Chest -> If theres a red socket+ any other color and a +20int bonus, it worth socketing the right color for the 2nd socket. If both socket are not red , gem full intel, regardless of the socket bonus.

Anything else gem pure Intel.

Reforge to Hit cap!
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2011-06-06 at 02:36 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bottom line - if you're not gemming for at least PARTIAL int in every gem, you're losing DPS. In all but a few cases I've simcrafted, Int is worth 2x(+) of any other stat for a lock.

Heroic progression raider. Incapable of using Saran Wrap.