Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I don't know WTF the Windows Score is about, but apparently you need a pretty cutting-edge rig considering my one only gets 7.6.
    Well you are using an i5.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Knew It View Post
    Well you are using an i5.....
    ... *Le Troll*
    i7 2600k and i5 2500k have a difference of 0 cores, and 4 hyperthreaded cores. That won't make any difference in Windows 7 index. Also, I'm sure he got a 7.9 in the processor side of things.

10+ Year Old Account

Imo the scoring system explains what it does pretty well.
    And i'm happy for my score as it's already a year old rig.

Deleted
    about that score system.. it sucks. I had my processor at stock speed and got like 7.6 and after overclocking i had the same score. Same with my previously underclocked ram. My video card got 7.9 and next day i go look at it its 7.8.. i didn't even had ran the test and it modified the scores on its own. Btw my friend with 6950 get the same score as i get with 6990.... so thats how good it is.

/spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    The answer is right there, it's a guide to where your weakest link is - the hard drive.

As the score only goes up to 7.9 - 5.9 isn't exactly a shameful result though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I don't know WTF the Windows Score is about, but apparently you need a pretty cutting-edge rig considering my one only gets 7.6.
    It's not meant for hardcore-people. ^^
    I mean, it's meant for people who have no ****ing clue what they're on about at all. (no offence to anyone)
    I mean, the other day, I was in a computer-store (OnOff for those living in Sweden), and the saleswoman who clearly had no idea what she was on about, recommended a laptop with a HD6350M over a HD5650M to a woman who wanted to buy her son a gaminglaptop. Because it had "a bigger number, and as you can see here in Windows, it gives a bigger number in aero-graphics whatever it is".

...Anyway. Mine gives me
    CPU: 7,6
    RAM: 7,7
    Graphics: 7,8
    Desktop-graphics: 7,8
    Primary Hard-drive: 7,9 (which can't be right, because it's been 7,6 before. It's a Corsair Force F60)

So my one-generation-older rig gives me the same number as yours Xuvial. Obviously that's not on its own a reason to discredit it, but I mean, I run an i5-760 (@4272MHz as of last night), 4GB DDR3 (@ 1600MHz) and a GTX460 1GB (@880/1760/4400). It should be a non-contest.

This turned into an epeen thread way too fast.