Deleted

Nadal wins Roland Garros

7-5 7-6 5-7 6-1

Damn what a good bunch of tennis, but Federer gave away alot of points, unlike Nadal who made Federer fight until the end.

He's now on equal ground with Björn Borg in terms of RG wins as the person who won most RG.

10+ Year Old Account
    And its sad after watching Federer all these years surpass Sampras' total grand slam record, to see it broken in a matter of years by nadal =[.

Federer played some good tennis and nadal looked a bit rocky at times, showing Federer has got a little bit left in the tank. Well done to rafa greatest clay courter. Ever.
    Batiatus: What would you do to hold your wife again, to feel the warmth of her skin, to taste her lips, would you kill?
    Spartacus: Whoever stood between us.
    Batiatus: How many men? A hundred, A thousand?
    Spartacus: I would kill them all.

I was amazed that Roger came back to win the 3th, to be honest. After losing the first set, I thought it was allready over ^^

They both played great, Roger played some of his best tennis, but Nadal is just too good. Roger has the smoothest and best technique, but he just can not compete with the sheer power of Nadal. I think that Nadal will beat Rogers Records oen by one.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Deleted
    This Nadal must be seen to belive! While Federer played great the whole tournament, Nadal was kinda dragging himself through...Still even not playing the best tennis, he maneged to win 6th time. After 2-5 and a set point down in 1st set against possible the greatest player ever. He's mental beast. You can beat him, you just have to kill him on the court

Federer getting old already, what a pity.

Deleted
    He's my age, he's at the peak of the strength

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Federer getting old already, what a pity.
    29 is old?

Well I suppose in Tennis years it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    29 is old?

Well I suppose in Tennis years it is.
    Sampras retired at 31, and he is considered one of the all time best players. Lesser players retire even earlier. 29...Federer is on his way out.

He knows it, too. He gets mentally beaten much quicker than when he was younger.

Wimbledon will be even tougher than the FO as far as competition. Federer know's he can win, Nadal has his confidence back. Murray is expected to play more aggressively. Del Potro and Gasquet are finding there strides. Nalbandian is coming back. Trocki has been playing well. Ferrer has had a great year despite his flub against Monfils. Should have been Ferrer there. Djokovic is looking to redeem himself hopefully. 2011 has been one of the best years of tennis imo. Matches like Nadal/Isner, Troicki/Murray, Djokovic/Federer, Fed/Nadal, made the French quite special.

it's because when you get old, the first thing that usually goes are your legs / knees

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    it's because when you get old, the first thing that usually goes are your legs / knees
    very true. Its a young persons sport. Tennis takes a toll on people. I don't know if its a trend among the womens game but players might retire earlier now. There is so much competition and usually every tournament there is an unknown 18 year old showing up and playing well it seems. Justine Henin retired for sort of personal reasons you can say but she was so good and only 25 I want to say. For women who want to start families sports is very difficult and I would think tennis especially would be hard to return to after pregnancy.

Deleted
    There are 3 certainties in this world:

Death, Taxes and Nadal beating Federer at Roland Garros!