Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    There is no incentive for people to be nice. There is absolutely nothing for them to gain by helping you. That is the problem with LFD, the people in the community haven't gone bad, there's just no point being nice anymore. They get their run done and their valors faster by kicking you and getting another healer than to help you get your loot. That's how it works now. I'm not an advocate of the behavior, but you have to suck it up. It's not going to change unless the system changes.
    "The people in the community haven't gone bad, there's just no point being nice anymore" That part that stood out the most to me.

Let me start by saying this, I'm one of these nice people in WoW that seem to be quite rare these days, I don't need a reason to be nice other then I try to treat others how I want to be treated, I treat other players like what they are real people. There just seems to be a massive lack of other people with the same mentality.

We don't need reasons to be nice in RL but we do or we act polite at least, but people sit down at their computers and have the anonymity of the internet and feel that gives them the right to act anyway they please.

People shouldn't need reasons or incentive to act nice it should just be apart of our nature... Or maybe I'm old fashioned in my thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixeternia View Post
    "The people in the community haven't gone bad, there's just no point being nice anymore" That part that stood out the most to me.

Let me start by saying this, I'm one of these nice people in WoW that seem to be quite rare these days, I don't need a reason to be nice other then I try to treat others how I want to be treated, I treat other players like what they are real people. There just seems to be a massive lack of other people with the same mentality.

We don't need reasons to be nice in RL but we do or we act polite at least, but people sit down at their computers and have the anonymity of the internet and feel that gives them the right to act anyway they please.

People shouldn't need reasons or incentive to act nice it should just be apart of our nature... Or maybe I'm old fashioned in my thinking
    Precisely. Needing an incentive to behave properly and respectfully to your fellow players means you're not nice, you're just selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixeternia View Post

I believe rewarding good behavior would go a long way toward improving community relationships. However, I do not believe the problem lies in not rewarding it. The problem, if there is one, it's more likely that the punishment for 'bad' behavior is not severe enough.